InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Sealed Fate ❯ Chapter 32

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The residence of the village had seen many different sides to the hanyou; the elders had seen the wild dog demon, hell bent on raw power, roaming the forest without a care for others. The children of that generation had seen him sealed to a tree, and had been told bed time stories, used as a tool to scare them into obedience: The demon Inuyasha would wake from his sleep and eat the naughty children.

Then they had seen a transformation.

They had watched the growth of Inuyasha over the years before their very eyes; they were able to see past the preconceptions and look at the man he was. He protected them, saved the lives of humans he didn't even know.

And best of all, he fell in line behind that strange miko. It was because of her that they saw the part of him they liked best.

The man in love.

Before the two had married, it amused the village to watch him brood when she would return to her home village. He would sulk, clearly missing her presence. He was sick as a dog.

Totally, completely love sick.

It made him so very… human.

They had watched as love blossomed between the two, and the majority of the villagers had been glad. A happy hanyou was a peaceful hanyou.

Perhaps in other places, they would have been shunned. A demon to stay in a village was taboo enough. And the girl, Kagome, wore clothing shorter than undergarments. Her ways and customs were bizarre, her tongue loose and she traveled with two men unmarried.

But she was kind and generous, clearly a natural born healer.

And she had tamed the demon that had haunted their woods. She was a woman to be reckoned with.

For a miko to wed… it was uncommon to say the least. And to a hanyou…

Such a thing had never been done. There were rumors that the Gods would curse the village if they let them stay, that the rain would hold out, the crops would fail.

It seemed the Gods were intent to dismiss any such claims, as they had a more fruitful harvest the first year of their marriage than any on record. And the next after that. And after that. The trend seemed to continue for those in the small village. The strange couple had become their good luck charm.

Others, who had been less opposed to the union, believed that the pair had earned the right to do whatever they wanted. They had taken down the most dangerous enemy in recent memory, one that plagued the lands far beyond their little hamlet. Time and time again they had proven themselves.

So, they had found a place to live in harmony, with a warm welcome.

The year that the miko had disappeared, when Kikyo had returned to her former place…

They had seen Inuyasha change once more.

He was not cruel, but he was far from kind. The fire that once filled him had seemed to be extinguished, as if his will to fight and live had been taken from him. They had not realized it before, as he was known for having an off temper and foul mouth, but they had witnessed him in moments of happiness.

Then, they saw him only in a state of depression.

Ah, but when she returned…

He was quick to take her to his hut, earning the cheers and approval of the men. He registered their marriage with the headsmen, and he began to live life as a common resident.

They had watched him undergo change once more.

Suddenly he was a provider, a husband, reliable and part of a community. She drew him out of his shell, forcing him to communicate with the others.

And they enjoyed the parts of conversation he contributed to.

They watched as he found a comfort in his own skin, a comfort of home and belonging.

But the change none of them had predicted to see…

Was that of the doting husband.

He followed his little woman around constantly for the first year, but eased up, a bit as time wore on.

But he was always close by, keeping a sharp eye on her. They had been that way for 5 years.

The villagers often joked that he wouldn't let her leave the hut if and when he became pregnant.

And if the dog demon had his way, that's exactly what would have happened.

When Kagome first revealed she was carrying, the dog demon hovered over her. He escorted her every where, even to the bushes. Every night, he hunted for the choicest game, demanding that she feast on liver. He refused to let her draw water, lift anything heavier than cloth or tend to her garden.

In short, he was driving his wife crazy.

Kagome was now heavy with their child, her stomach large with the growing life inside of her.

It was middle of summer, and the woman was hot. The heat seemed to be exaggerated inside their hut, and she decided that a trip to the river, to soak her swollen feet and cool her body was just what she needed. She rose to her feet, unsteady with the huge bulk of her stomach. Inuyasha shot up to steady her.

“Inuyasha, I'm fine.” She ground out.

“Keh. That's not what it looked like.”

“It just looks awkward because im as big as a whale. Nothing looks right when im this huge!”

“Feh. You look great.”

Kagome narrowed her eyes at her husband.

“Yeah, right. Its not nice to make fun of pregnant woman.”

“Im serious!” He shot out. He laid his clawed hand on the curve of her stomach. “I wish you could see what I see.”

“I just wish I could see my feet.” She frowned.

“Feh. I like you like this.”

She gawked at him.

“Too fat to move?”

Inuyasha blushed. Even after all these years, she still was able to make his cheeks color.

“To me… Fuck… For you to have my pup inside your belly… its like a damn dream to me. I cant believe you want to have a pup with me. That Im going to be a father. Right now, you look beautiful…”

Kagome smiled, then reached up to rub the base of his ear, earning her a low rumble.

“What did you get up for anyway?” He asked. “You need the bushes again?”

Now it was Kagomes turn to blush. She was far from thrilled about this new lack of privacy.

“N-no!” She shot at him “I wanted to go to the river and cool off.”

“Keh, you should have said so.” He moved to carefully lift Kagome into his arms.

“Inuyasha… I can walk you know…”

“Not well.”

“Hey!”

“What if you trip?” He asked.

“Im not that clumsy that I cant be trusted to walk 5 feet, Inuyasha.”

“Feh. Your history says otherwise, woman.”

Kagome sighed in frustration, deciding to just go long for the ride.

And if she was honest, she didn't totally hate the attention. She nuzzled into his chest, inhaling the scent that was purely him.

It had been 5 years since they had made their wish on the Shikon.

So many things had changed.

As they had feared, the well had closed to the other side. She had prepared her mother that it may happen, even writing her a note in case she had an unexplained absence. But it still left an ache in her heart.

She was comforted by the fact that she would see her family once again- 500 years in the future. Inuyasha said he was not sure what the lifespan of a hanyou was, but a full demons was nearly immeasurable. He was confident that 500 years was something they would see together.

An eternity with Inuyasha. It was more than she could have ever dreamed of. And the hanyou…

It seemed that a huge relief was lifted off his shoulders. She had not thought about what would happen to him when her mortal life came to an end. It was too hard to deal with.

But now, they would never have to know that fear. And when they did pass on, their souls would find their way back to each other.

It made her want to cry just thinking about it.

They were not the only ones who were fortunate.

Sango and Miroku had married, and were soon after pregnant with twins. Their daughters had all the spunk of their mother and the charm of their father.

They were so little and already quite the heart breakers.

Kagome had always known she wanted children, but she had been in no rush to conceive. She wanted to soak up as much time with her mate as she could. They had been separated for so long, denied themselves so much over the years… she wanted time to make that right.

When Sango had her daughters, Inuyasha was terrified to hold them. He was afraid his claws would scratch their soft skin, crush their fragile bodies.

Afraid they would reject them.

As it turned out, their uncle doggy was their favorite person. They couldn't get enough of the hanyou.

Kagome could remember the day that she knew she was ready for a child. She was sitting with her mate outside of Sangos house, her head leaning on his shoulder. The girls came running up to them, breathless smiles on their faces. She watched as they crawled into the hanyous lap, joining the group.

She suddenly wanted that; a family, a child of their own to snuggle with them.

That night when they returned to their hut, she took Inuyashas hand in her own, bringing it to her mouth to kiss it softly.

“Kagome?” He asked

“Inuyasha…” She bit her lip.

“What is it?” He was suddenly concerned.

“I… lets…”

“What?” He felt panicked in her hesitation.

“I want to have a baby.” She said quickly.

The color drained from his face, his ears twitched at her admission.

“You… want…”

She nodded her head, trying to read his face.

She didn't have the chance, as he brought his arms around her, crushing her body to his.

“You mean it?” He breathed out, his voice thick.

“Yeah.” She smiled.

“Lets not waste any time then” He growled in approval.

That had been almost 9 months ago. Kagome was due to give birth any day.

“What do you want it to be?” She asked Inuyasha.

“Keh. Doesn't matter to me.”

“I think a boy would be nice first.” She said.

“A son would be nice. But I want him to look like his mom.”

“No way! Your hair and your eyes-“

“Feh. I like yours better.”

“As long as this baby has dog ears, I don't care who he or she takes after.”

He looked down at his mate, the incredible woman who was snuggled in his arms.

From the first day she had met him, she embraced his flaws, changed his narrow mind and opened his world to possibilities he had not even dared dream.

His wife was absolutely the strangest woman he had ever met.

Wanting their child to have dog ears.

He couldn't help that a part of him swelled with pride. And love.

Everything about Kagome made him intoxicated with happiness. He had not known he was capable of such joy and elation. He had always thought that he was not destined for an ounce of good fortune, as punishment for his birth. He had lost his father before he drew his first breath; his mother when he was still in his early years. He was forced to fend for himself, a child alone in a world of monsters. He grew to a man who trusted no one and needed nothing. He had learned that there was no place for him, no being that he could rely on.

And then he met Kikyo, who opened the door to new possibilities. But she too, had not trusted him enough. It had just reaffirmed everything he had already known.

Or so he thought.

It was Kagome who blew his world apart. She turned it on its side and challenged everything he had ever come to know.

And he was so fucking grateful. That every bad thing had happened to him in his life. That he had never made the wish to become human for Kikyo. That he wasn't mated with her. That he was sealed to a tree, vines growing thick around his stagnant limbs.

Grateful that her scent called to his soul and woke him from his slumber. That the first thing he set his eyes on, was to be his future wife.

Thankful, from the core of his being, that he could call her his. That the hut he came home to at night had a mingled scent of them. That he feasted on the delicious meals his woman prepared. That in the night, her soft body was curled against him, legs tangled in his, the steady sound of her breathing leaving him in awe.

He had never thought that he would one day casually reach out to stroke the black tresses of her hair, just because he wanted to. To pull her closer to him, because he needed physical contact. That she would climb on top of him, eyes full of lust, her scent thick with desire, and call him mate.

He leaned down to press a kiss to the top of Kagomes head. She looked up and smiled.

“What was that for?”

He did his best to shrug nonchalantly, which was quite a task, considering he had a 9 month pregnant woman in his arms.

“Just because I can.”

She took the opportunity to find the spot on his neck that she knew was sensitive, giving it a teasing bite.

“Just because I can too.” She said in a heated tone.

“Woman…” He growled out.

“Mate.” She replied in a teasing manner.

He stopped walking and crashed his lips over hers. By the time he was finished, they were both breathless, aware that this one kiss would not be enough to satisfy the hunger growing between them.

Inuyasha looked at her grey eyes, half lidded with lust. Gods, she was gorgeous.

And to think she looks this way, because she wants him.

“I love you, Kagome.” His voice was low, full of passion and promise.

“Then why don't you show me how much?” She said, biting her lip.

His wife, his mate, his bitch, his wench.

It didn't matter what the hell he called her.

She was his.

And he intended to show her exactly how much, for the rest of their lives.

~.~

A/N:

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who has reviewed, and stuck with this story!

This was my first fan fiction, and to have anyone read it at all was amazing. To get so many positive reviews, to hear that people actually waited for my next chapter, in short, blew me away! This story basically wrote itself. I had so much fun doing it! I would have loved to have drawn it out longer, but I had a clear beginning and end in mind, and didn't want to compromise the story, just because I had a blast writing it.

So, its time to throw myself into another fic! >:)

And a quick shout out to these guys:

Intothenest13, Aggie12, kat5552, LadyRedRhodes, IndigoArcher89, JJ

Who have faithfully reviewed just about every chapter I put up, and encouraged me along the way with their kind words. Thank you!!