InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Shard in Kyoto ❯ the group get back together ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shard chapter 8





A huge chapter . . . but I wanted to set up the next chapter . . . Not much historical in this chapter, just putting things together . . .


_______________________



Kagome walks away from Sesshu’s house. She glances at her wrist, “How much time do I have?” she says to herself.

She sees her bare wrist. ‘I forgot. Sango has my watch.’ She thinks. She looks at the sky. ‘I need to get the compound.’

‘Hmmm . . . ’ she pulls out one of the maps she brought and looks at it. ‘If I cut across here.’

She, glances around and she quickly puts the map up and leaves the area. A couple of people were looking at her. ‘The colors and shape of the map, it’s different from normal. I’ve got to remember that.’

‘Now, remember, don’t waste time site seeing.’ Kagome thinks as she walks toward the compound.

But . . . To ring the bell, at a temple, that in the future, is not rung any more due to the age of the bell.

Well . . . To walk through temples she’s seen and to compare the differences.

Sigh . . . To photograph some of the statues, especially the wooden ones that have been destroyed through the years, are just irresistible.


“Who is that girl?” an old priest asks as Kagome is leaving a temple.

“Just a peasant, sir.” The younger priest replies in an offhand manner.

The old priest stares at Kagome. “No. She is not a peasant. That is obvious.”

“Sir, I beg to differ.”

“Don’t use your eyes, use your soul to see her.”

“...”

“Just follow her. I want to know everything about her.” The old priest orders. “Move!”

‘Idiots today . . . ’ the old priest thinks.

The younger priest leaves the temple and starts to follow Kagome. But in the traffic of the busy city streets, following Kagome is difficult.

‘This is a waste of time. He’s just an old man and sometimes, he sees things that aren’t there. And I do have chores I need to do in the temple.’ He thinks. He stops following Kagome and returns to the temple, where he makes up a story off Kagome giving him the slip in a crowded street.

***************
Near the Yuki family compound close to noon.

“Sango!” Kagome calls out to her friend. It took her a while to locate Sango, but she has changed into a different kimono.

“Hi! Kagome!” Sango walks over to her friend. In Sango’s arms is a bundle of cloth.

“Well?” Kagome asks.

“I had to use up most of our money, but, I learned some things.” Sango replies. “I see that your mother’s tube isn’t with you. Did you finish want you needed to do?”

“Ah, yes. I’ll have to go back to his house to pick them up, but that can wait. Its lunch time, let’s get something to eat and talk about what you found out.”

“Before we do that, Kagome. I have some new clothes for you to change into.” Sango hands Kagome the bundle. Kagome hands Kirara to Sango.

“Why?”

“There are posters up describing me and you. Apparently that priest yesterday told his abbot about the encounter.”

“Great.” Kagome mumbles in disgust.

“It’s not that bad, the description is mainly our clothing, so, once you’ve changed we should be different enough that nobody will recognize us.” Sango’s mouth twitches, “but, they did get something wrong.”

“What?”

“Hmm . . . the name on the poster is Kikyo.”

Kagome’s eyes bulge. “I’m Kikyo?” She squeaks out.

She grits her teeth and says, “If I was Inu-yasha, then I could say ‘god damn mother fucking assholes.’ But, since I’m not him. I will not say that.”

Sango has a small grin on her face, “It’s a good thing you’re not him.”

“Yeah.” Kagome sighs, “but seriously, I’m not in the city a day and people are already calling me Kikyo.” She looks at the sky, “What, I pray, what do I have to do to change that? I’m just so disgusted about this. Just once, I’d like to change . . . ” her voice trails off as she shakes her head.


Sango nods.


Kagome face gets a thoughtful look, “Hmmm. That might come in handy.”

Sango’s eyebrow raises, “While you change, explain that to me.”

Kagome and Sango find a bathhouse and Kagome changes in there.

“Sango, what I was thinking about is that sooner or later something is going to happen. You know, something that will attract attention, like those samurai last night.”

Sango nods.

“And well, when that happens, if I call myself Kikyo, instead of Kagome, that might confuse people.”

“Ah, I see what you are saying. All those rumors about the jewel, most of them have Kikyo in them.”

“Yes, I’ve only heard a couple that mention me. I’m normally ‘Inu-yasha’s pet miko’, if I’m in them at all.”

“Huff. Yes, the monk is in them, but me. No. Oh, occasionally, a ‘demon exterminator’ is mentioned.”

Kagome nods. “Kikyo, on the other hand, is mentioned a lot in the stories. By calling myself Kikyo . . . ”

“People will be confused and misjudge you.”

Kagome nods. “Also, Sango, I’ve been thinking, about us just trying to blend in. Simple peasants aren’t going to be able to do all that much. But . . . especially if I wear my school uniform, and you as a demon exterminator in full uniform, we would be hard to ignore.”

“Maybe, Kagome. But, if we do that, we’ve got to make sure the first time we do it, we are very noticeable. You have to make a massive impression for that idea to work.”

Kagome nods, purses her lips, “I’ll have to think about it some more. Well, let’s get something to eat and talk about what you learned.”


A few minutes later . . .

“What did you learn, Sango?”
“Not good, Kagome. They’ve been packing soldiers inside the compound. And several of the surrounding houses have been taken over with even more soldiers.”

“How many?”

“Too many different numbers to be sure. At least a couple of hundred, though. I don’t think you could put a couple of thousand into those houses.”

“Thousands?” Kagome asks in a surprised voice.

“That was the high number, but, I don’t believe it.”

“The other troubling thing is that there is a complex of rooms underground.”

Kagome sighs, “I thought so. The shard feels like it’s below ground level.”

“Not good, Kagome. If it was above ground, the walls inside the compound are normal rice paper with an occasional solid wall to support the roof. Underground, though.”

“Yes, I see, especially with just my sense of direction to go on. I will know the direction the shard is in, but, how do we know which corridor to use?”

Sango nods, “Yes, aboveground, we can follow your senses and crash through walls without problems, but doing that underground . . . ” Sango bites her lips. “I just have this concern about collapsing walls and us being trapped underground.”

Kagome slowly nods. “Can we get a map of the compound, especially the underground parts?”

Sango grimaces, “No. And I probably made a bad mistake when I asked for something like that. The women had been talkative, but as soon as I asked about that, the mood of shifted.” She sighs, “I wish that you had been there, Kagome. You’re a lot better at making friends than I am.”

Kagome grimaces, “I am sorry, Sango. I should have thought about that.” She glances at her friend and quietly asks, “Do you think your cover has been blown?”

“Huh? Kagome. There are times when your slang makes you hard to understand.”

“Oops. I meant, do you think they figured out why you were asking about the compound?”

Sighs . . . “I don’t think so, but they know I was up to something. I know that they don’t know about the jewel. But I was asking questions that are not normally asked and they realized I was after something strange.” She pauses then she says, “But still, they could be prepared for something. It depends on whither or not the women talk about me and if the samurai believes them.”

“Its women’s gossip, they’ll probably ignore it, they’re men.” Kagome declares.

“I’d like to believe that, Kagome. But, since they have the shard, I know I’d be more paranoid than normal.”

“Enough to believe the women’s gossip?” Kagome asks.

Sango nods.

Kagome purses her lips, “so, what should we do? Should I try and make friends and get more information? Or should we go ahead and find the boys?”

“I think we should get the boys, Kagome.” Sango says. “Oh, you might make friends, but, I don’t think you’ll leave a lot more.”

“Maybe, Sango. But, there is times when I’ve found out things by asking in the villages we’ve visited.”

“This feels different Kagome. The city, the talk I’m hearing, everything is on edge, like a massive typhoon is about to hit the city and everybody is . . . ” Sango shakes her head, “It feels like . . . Oh . . . Like we when are waiting for an attack by Naraku.”

“I had been hoping my feelings were wrong, Sango.”

“You felt the same.”

“Yes. I even thought I sensed Kagura earlier, but that’s impossible.” Kagome looks at the ground and sighs, “I don’t like the tension I’m feeling.”

“And, Kagome, the other reason I want to get the boys is Inu-yasha.”

“Huh?”

“How long before he comes into the city?”

“He promised . . . ” Kagome’s mouth twitches into a frown. “Yes, you are probably correct. He’s probably fighting with Miroku now, wanting to enter the city.”

“And I’m sure he’ll be coming into the city early tomorrow morning, day break or so, at the latest. I don’t want to have to depend on your ability to sense the shards he’s wearing to find him.”

Kagome starts a bit. “Yes. And it’s still early enough that we can leave the city and find them in the hills.”

“Good, we’ll find the boys now.”

The girls leave and start to walk toward the eastern side of the city.

*************


‘Damned robe. Hiding my ears and covering my face enough so my eyes aren’t noticeable.’ Inu-yasha angrily thinks. ‘I hate hiding.’

Inu-yasha, with Shippo in his arms, and Miroku are walking along the eastern edge of the city. They are going in and out of the various houses and compound’s that make up the edge of the city. They are stopped occasionally by soldiers asking questions, but once they hear that the kid is sick. Well . . . the questions tend to be short and they don’t examine him, or Inu-yasha, all that closely.

“Why are we hanging around the eastern edge of the city, Miroku?” Shippo asks while he is in Inu-yasha arms.

“Yeah, we need to be inside the city looking for the girls.” Inu-yasha amplifies.

“Because, guys, if the girls are going to leave the city to look for us, like they should be doing, they’ll leave on the eastern side of the city. Hopefully we can spot them, or they can spot us.”

“Feh.”

Inu-yasha’s ears twitch as they pass by an alley way. He glances into the alley.

Inside the alley is a group of a half-dozen or so men. They are dressed in plain clothes, although a couple of them do have small swords hanging at their sides. They appeared to be gathered around a person. They are either helping him or . . .

Beating the person that is yelling, “Stop! I’ve got the money!”

Inu-yasha’s teeth clench. ‘Bullies. Fuck.’ He thinks. He glances at Miroku. He has stopped and is looking into the alley as well.

Miroku, glances at Inu-yasha, he grimaces and whispers, “It’s not our concern. It’ll waste time. The wrong move could expose you and your nature. We should leave.”

“Yes, I know.” Inu-yasha replies. However, neither man moves from the mouth of the alley and both stare into the alley.

One of the men in the alley turns and yells, “Go away! Do not interfere with the business of Uyesugi”
“If he owes you money, beating him to death ain’t going to get it!” Inu-yasha growls back.

The man that yelled the first time now says, “Fuck you, old man! Go away! We’ll do what we want!.”


“Old man . . . ” Inu-yasha growls and he puts his hand on his sword hilt.

“Help me, please!” the man being beaten yells!

“I cannot ignore a cry for help.” Miroku says as he enters the alley.

“Insult me, boy.” Inu-yasha puts Shippo down so he can fight without worrying about him. He, too, enters the alley.

Three men continue to kick the man that they have been beating. Apparently they are going to kick him to death.

Three other men, though, stop and walk toward Miroku and Inu-yasha.

“Listen, monk. This ain’t your business. Monkey-face here owes our boss money and since he ain’t paid, we get to kick some sense into him.” The one that’s been talking says as he approaches.

“If he owes your master money, like you said, there are other ways to get that money, than kicking him to death.” Miroku calmly says. His eyes flick over the three men and he obviously dismisses them as a challenge.

“Punk! Look me in my eyes and call me an old man.” Inu-yasha grits out. He pulls back the hood of his robe and shacks his hair free.

Miroku groans to himself.

Shippo shakes his head and through the pain, starts to try to make an illusion that nothing is happening around the mouth of the alley.

The three men stop, frightened expressions on their faces. “Ah, fuck . . . ” one of them reflexively pulls his small sword out of the scabbard.

Inu-yasha grins, showing his fangs, just the excuse he was looking for.

“Don’t kill!” Miroku yells as he sees Inu-yasha jump the three men.

Hearing and seeing the commotion the other three men stop kicking the man on the ground and turn around, only to have Inu-yasha throw one of their friends into them.
Within seconds all the men in the alley are down, unconscious. “Thank you for not killing them.” Miroku says.

“I didn’t do it out any kindness, monk. The bitch would have sat me until my back broke, that is only reason these assholes are still alive.” Inu-yasha says as he kicks one of the men to make sure he’s down and out.

Miroku walks past Inu-yasha to help the man that was being attacked. When he passes Inu-yasha, Inu-yasha slumps down, puts his hands on his knees to steady himself. ‘Fucking spells! Every time I use my abilities, it fucking hurts! And it’s getting worse.’ He thinks to himself and he breathes in and out deeply, trying to recover.

The man that was being beaten shakily gets up. Now that he’s standing, Miroku and Inu-yasha can get a good look at him and they see that he’s not a man, just a teenager. He’s probably around fifteen on so year’s old. His head is odd-shaped, and it does indeed make him look like a monkey. His arms also longer than they should be, which reinforces the impression of a monkey. His torn clothes are of poor quality.

He looks at Inu-yasha and whispers, “Demon.”

“Shit.” Inu-yasha stands up straight and looks around. He remembers that he’s supposed to be hiding his appearance. He replaces the hood over his head.

He grins, a wickedly evil grin, like he’s about to play a horrible joke on someone.

“Call me . . . Kouga. A wolf demon.” He says to the teenager.

The teenager swallows, bows, and says, “I am Hiyoshimaru.” He licks his lips, “I, I owe you my life.”

Miroku waves his staff. “We were just helping to even the odds.” He pauses, “If you did owe their boss money, I would suggest getting it.”

Hiyoshimaru nods, “Yes, I have it. I was going to deliver it today, but.” He waves his hand at the six unconscious men.

“Paying what you owe before they wake up, might be a good idea.” Miroku says. He nods.

“I’d get out of town, kid. When they wake up, they’ll want to take their anger out on someone. And it ain’t going to be us.” Inu-yasha says.

“Yes, lord.” He says,

Inu-yasha cat-eating grin grows when he hears that compliment. “We’ve wasted enough time here, monk. Let’s go.” Inu-yasha says as he turns around as starts to walk away.
Miroku looks around at the men on the ground and he thinks, ‘junk, worthless junk. It’s not worth the time to loot them.’

Miroku bows to the teenager and says, “Hopefully in the future, your problems will be less.”

Inu-yasha bends down and picks up Shippo as he leaves the alley. Shippo is unconscious. “Monk!” Inu-yasha hisses.

Miroku quickly reaches Shippo and looks him over. “He must have tried to do a spell and it knocked him out, Inu-yasha. I think he’ll be fine. He just needs to rest. We might think about leaving the city and sleeping in the hills tonight to help him.”

“Yeah, maybe. I still want to find the girls, though.”

They walk away from the alley. And after a little while, Miroku coughs and says, “Kouga, huh?”

“Yeah, good idea, huh.” Inu-yasha grins. “This fucking city might hate Inu-yasha, but Kouga. That’s different. They know spit about him. By using his name, I can do shit and not get noticed.” His grin is ear to ear by the time he finishes. “And by the time I’m done. His reputation . . . this will fun . . . ” He reaches up to the hood of his robe.

Miroku clouts Inu-yasha across his head. “Inu-, Kouga, rather, you are still a demon and that hood is still needed.” Inu-yasha rubs his head and glares at Miroku. “Your . . . idea. About your name might be a good one. But, do not overuse it. Once people know that you are a demon, it may not and will not matter who you are. You, a demon, are to be destroyed.”

Miroku allows a slight grin, “But, the confusion over that name, it might be useful, so, Kouga, you are.”

Inu-yasha smiles. ‘Now, what can I do that will cause his reputation to get so low, he’ll have to eat earthworm shit.’ He thinks.

Back at the alley . . .

Hiyoshimaru thinks, ‘I should get out of the city. I’ve got no more reasons to stay. This attack just proves I’ve got no friends here.’ He looks at the unconscious men. He reaches for one of the small swords on the ground.

“But before I leave. I’ll need money, and nobody calls me monkey-boy.” He whispers. He begins to loot the men and before he leaves each men, he cuts their throats.

“I do owe the monk and that demon. They saved my life. How can I repay them?” He says as he leaves the alley. ‘Maybe they went in this direction?’ he thinks as he walks down the street.

************
“Nothing.” Kagura stands over a group of dead bodies.

“All they knew were rumors. None of them knew anything real.” She uses her fan to cut open one of the dead bodies.

“How am I going to find out which rumor is correct?” She says to herself.

‘In most villages that have shards, it’s simple. There are only one or two stories. But here, there are dozens, if not hundreds of stories.’ She thinks. ‘My normal tactics isn’t going to work. So, what do I do?’

She screws her face in concentration, ‘I probably have enough to get Naraku here, but, I don’t want to bring him here just yet. I want to get the shards I feel.’ She rubs the amulet Naraku gave her, ‘but even with this, attacking each compound, hoping to draw the attention of the shard holder, isn’t a good idea. I cannot withstand all the forces this city can bring against me.’

“Perhaps if I can find some idiots . . . ” She says to herself. She pauses. Her mouth twitches into a smile. “Yes, it’s obvious that there are some very desperate families in this city. Show them some of my abilities, let them think I can help them, use their foot soldiers to winnow out the wrong rumors.”

She smiles, “Then, when I’ve located the shards, destroy them all.”


*************************

“You! Stop those witches!” A man’s voice is heard yelling at Kagome and Sango as they are almost to the edge of the city. Small screams and scrambling noises are also coming from behind them.

Both girls turn around to see the commotion.

Behind them is the three samurai from last night. “Now, you witches, let’s see how well you do in broad daylight!” one of them yells.

Kagome and Sango look at each. “Do we run away?” Kagome whispers.

Sango pauses, a slightly confused look on her face, and she replies, “It would perhaps be best, but running from these . . . just feels wrong.”

By the time Sango finishes talking, however, the three samurai are very close. They pull their swords and charge the girls with only the cry, “Die! Witches!” as a warning.

Sango grabs Kagome and jumps out of the way.

She shoves Kagome into a crowd of men and women, twirls around, staring at the samurai.

“Did you see that?!” people in the crowd whispers at Sango’s display of prowess.

“I told you last night. You are dealing with someone beyond your ability.” She growls out.

The three samurai charge her, ignoring her attempt to stop them.

Sango clamps both hands on the sides of one of the blade of the samurai in the middle of the trio, and twists it out of his hands. He stares stupidly at his empty hands.

She goes with the twist and puts the first samurai between her and the second samurai. With her right foot she kicks the third samurai in the stomach. He instantly bends over, spewing vomit in the street.

She flips the sword and grabs it by the hilt. She moves behind the first samurai and, using the hilt, smashes it against the back of the third samurai’s head before he can react to her movements. He falls to the ground unconscious.

She places the sword’s edge against the neck of the first samurai. He instantly freezes. “Next time, I’ll get mad.” She says before using her free hand to knock him unconscious. A glance at the samurai that she kicked in the stomach shows that he is still emptying his stomach.

She goes over to him, bends down, and next to him, she drives the sword she captured into the hard packed earth of the street. It sinks to the hilt.

She stands up and goes over to Kagome.

Only bare seconds have pasted since the start of the fight.


“Let’s go, Kag . . . Kikyo.” She says as she reaches Kagome.

“Yes.” Kagome says in an awed tone. Normally Sango is fighting against demons with similar or better abilities than her, so seeing her in action, against regular humans, just shows how good she really is.

“Witches!” “Has to have made a deal with a demon?!” “Demons in disguise!” the crowd around Sango and Kagome is getting over the shock of the attack and the crowd is becoming angry. “Get them!” “No way! You saw what she did!”

******************

“You! Stop those witches!” Inu-yasha and Miroku hear in the distance.

They look at each other. “Do we go over there?” Miroku asks in general.

Inu-yasha replies, “No.”

He pauses, sniffs, coughs, and he says, “Yes. We do go over there. I think I smell Kagome.”

He starts to push his way through the crowd. Miroku follows, “Excuse us! Exorcist coming through! Thank you!” he says to the people as he and Inu-yasha makes it through the crowd.

They get to the edge of the crowd in time to see and hear Sango say, “let’s go Kag . . . Kikyo.”

Both boys look at each other, shrug.

Miroku pulls out a couple of scrolls and charges the girls, “These will hold them!” he waves the scrolls over his head.

Inu-yasha thinks, ‘what the fuck!’ and follows the monk.

The two girls stare at Miroku. “Mir.” Kagome starts to speak.

Miroku reaches the girls and places a scroll on both foreheads, “Pretend to go unconscious!” he hisses to them.

“Do it!” Inu-yasha hisses as well.

Both girls start to collapse, but are caught by Inu-yasha and Miroku. “We’ve got it under control now!” Miroku yells to the crowd. “Open up a path so we can take them to the temple to be exorcized!” he calls out.

As Miroku is talking to the crowd, “Shippo!” Kagome hisses into Inu-yasha’s ear. When Inu-yasha picked her up, he put Shippo in her arms. He is still unconscious.

“I’ll explain later, bitch, be quiet.” Inu-yasha growls back.

A path opens up in the crowd and with the girls in their arms, the boys start to jog, and then, once passed the edge of the crowd, run away.

In the lead is Inu-yasha with Kagome in his arms, in a bridal position. Shippo is cradled in her arms.

Miroku has Sango flung over his right shoulder, one hand on her backside to keep her in place, of course. Kirara is running along side.

As soon as Sango, who is looking behind them, sees that they have lost the crowd and are in a part of the city that doesn’t know what’s going on, she hisses to Miroku. “Go into an alleyway! Now!”

Miroku follows her orders and Inu-yasha, who heard them as well, stops and follows Miroku. “Why! Sango! We’re clear!” He calls to her.

Sango slaps Miroku’s ass check hard, “Let go. You pervert monk!” She yells. He drops her, and rubs his backside.

“You could have just asked, Sango.” He says in a pitiful tone.

“Yes, right.” Sango says in a disgusted tone and she glares at him as she straightens her clothes.

“What happened to Shippo?” Kagome asks.

Inu-yasha looks down at Kagome, ‘Shit! Kagome and her kimono . . . ’ Kagome’s clothes have also become disarrayed and Inu-yasha is getting a very good look at her cleavage.

‘No answer, why?’ Kagome thinks as she looks away from Shippo and looks at Inu-yasha.

She sees where Inu-yasha is staring. “Inu-yasha! Let go!”

Inu-yasha drops her like a hot sweet potato.

“Ouch!” She cries as she lands on the ground. “You could have hurt Shippo! Inu-yasha!” She glares at him. “Sit, boy!”

Thump!

Kagome twists to glare at Miroku. “I’m going to ask this one last time, then I’m going to get mad.” She growls out in a very angry voice. “What happened to Shippo?”

“Well, it like this, Lady Kagome . . . ” Miroku starts to speak, but Sango interrupts. Sango is standing at the opening of the alleyway looking around.

“Let’s get out of the city, first. That run we just did attracted attention.”

“Yes, Lady Sango, that is a good idea. In addition, it will help Shippo to get out of the city.” Miroku says.

“If it will help Shippo, then what are we waiting for.” Kagome interjects, “we’re leaving now.”

Later on a wooded hillside outside the city . . .

“Shippo? Are you ok?” Kagome whispers to him as he wakes up.

“Ma . . . Kagome.” Shippo says weakly. He tries to smile. “I covered up dog-boys mistake the best I could . . . ”

“Shh . . . rest.” Kagome whispers. “I’m here.”

Shippo closes his eyes and breathes deeply and falls asleep again, this time with a smile on this face. Kagome arranges her futon and places Shippo on it.

Kagome glares at Inu-yasha and Miroku, “The explanation had better be good.” She warns.

“It is, Kagome.”

“I don’t have to explain.” Inu-yasha begins.

“Sit, boy!” Kagome yells!

THUMP

“First” is forced out of his mouth as his face hits the ground.

“Shippo is hurt, Inu-yasha.” Kagome’s teeth grind as she speaks. “I will have an explanation, or I will break your back.” She pauses, “And then, when it heals up, I’ll do it again.”

“You bitches need to tell me what was going on, first!” Inu-yasha yells from the ground. ‘I’m not getting up. That damn spell is just too painful around here.’ He thinks.

Kagome, with an angry expression on her face, says, “Shippo is hurt. Sango and I were and are fine. Your story will come first.”

“Lady Kagome.” Miroku bows to her. “Here is what happened.”

Miroku gives a good concise description of what the boys have done since the girls left them, yesterday morning. The only thing he leaves out is the note he left at the first campsite.

“Bitch, did you give the pervert those pens and paper like he said?” Inu-yasha asks as he smirks at Miroku.

Kagome glances at Miroku. He has an innocent look on his face, the low hanging sun behind him is causing a halo effect around his head . . .

“Inu-yasha, I have allowed Miroku to borrow my pens and paper before and if he had some, that is fine with me”

“Shit!” Inu-yasha cries and walks around the camp to take the edge off his anger. ‘Damn, I was sure he was lying and I could shove it down his throat.’ He thinks.
As Inu-yasha is walking around, Kagome mouths to Miroku, ‘you owe me one.’ Miroku nods.

“So, people know that Inu-yasha is in the city.” Sango says in a low meditative voice as he finishes.

“Yeah, but, I’ve got a way around that.” Inu-yasha grins, “Just call me, Kouga.” The grin widens, “ain’t anybody here after him.”

‘At least not yet,’ he thinks.

“Kouga, hmmm.” Sango says in a low voice, then nods in agreement.

“Are you sure, Inu-yasha?” Kagome asks.

“Yeah. I can’t hide the fact that I’m a demon, but I make people think I’m someone else.”

“IT should work, Lady Kagome. At least for a limited period of time.” Miroku adds.

“Now, bitch. What’s your story?!” Inu-yasha demands.

Sango and Kagome take turns telling their story.

Kagome glosses over her meeting with Sesshu. “I found one of the artists my mother wanted me too and left the paintings with him. I have to go back later and get them.” Is all she says.

And neither girl mention Kagome’s plan about using the name Kikyo inside the city. ‘I forgot what Inu-yasha’s reaction to the name Kikyo is likely to be’ Sango thinks.

“I knew the girls shouldn’t have been alone, dammit!” Inu-yasha yells. “Those damn samurai shouldn’t have done anything to them!”

“Inu-yasha . . . ” Kagome begins, “We are fine. Nothing happened.” She says, and she continues with, “and I’ve got a plan in case something like that happens again.”

She closes her eyes, ‘I didn’t mean to say that. While that thought about Kikyo was nice, when I first thought about it, I forgot about its effect on Inu-yasha.’ She thinks.

Inu-yasha says sarcastically, “And what is this wonderful plan.”

Kagome hesitates, glances at Sango, who shrugs, and she says, “It’s almost the same as your idea Inu-yasha, or should I say, Kouga.”

“Tell me, bitch.”

Kagome takes a deep breath and says, “There are posters around town. That monk we meet yesterday told people about me. But, whoever he told must have gotten confused.” She pauses.

“So, spit it out, wench.”

“Ok . . . you asked for it, Inu-yasha. The posters are calling me Kikyo.” By the time Kagome finishes she looking at the ground.

“...”

In a small voice Kagome continues, “I had thought that by using that name, I could divert attention away from us, get people to do things wrong. But, now, that I’ve thought about it, it’s probably a bad plan.”

“Actually, Kagome, that could work in our favor.” Miroku says in a thoughtful tone. “Kikyo and the jewel are combined in most of the rumors in the city. By using that name, nobody like those insignificant samurai will touch you. They would be far too afraid of you because of the rumors.” He rubs his chin in thought, “One the other hand, the larger families that are after the jewel, might do something. But if they do anything it’ll be a kidnaping, so they can use the information that Kikyo would have.”

Miroku nods, “Kagome, your idea about using Kikyo’s name, is I think a good idea. It’ll give you some extra protection, at least at first.”

“Yes, but if she gets kidnaped?” Sango asks Miroku.

Miroku shrugs, “They’ll probably go easy at first. You can always increase the pain during torture. Which is good, as if she is kidnaped, this will give us more time to rescue her.”

Inu-yasha loudly growls, “who the fuck says she is going to be kidnaped.” He glares at Kagome as he stands in front of her. “I thought you hated being called Kikyo.”

“I do, Inu-yasha.” Kagome glares back, she steps close to Inu-yasha so they are only a handbreath apart. “I would have thought you would have hated to call yourself, Kouga.”

“That’s different! Bitch! Don’t change the subject!” He yells in her face.

“Oh, yeah! Inu-yasha! You wanted to change your name to avoid problems. I wanted to use Kikyo’s name to avoid problems.” She says with hostility in her voice.

Miroku and Sango look at each other. “We can’t afford this right now.” Sango whispers.

Miroku nods. “Follow me.” He moves between them and yells, “Stop you two! We don’t have time for this!”

Sango, beside Miroku, nods in agreement. “Come on, Kagome, let’s move away and calm down.”

Miroku and Sango separate the two. As Miroku and Sango talk to Inu-yasha and Kagome, both of them glare at each other over the shoulders of the first two.

“Fucking bitch doesn’t want to be called Kikyo, and now she does.” Inu-yasha says in a loud voice to Miroku as he looks over his shoulder and glares into Kagome’s eyes.

“Sango, I hate it when Inu-yasha calls me Kikyo, because I never know if he means me or her.” Kagome says in a loud voice as he looks over Sango’s shoulder and glares into Inu-yasha’s eyes. Inu-yasha glances away for a second, then looks at her again.

“Then, Kagome, why do you want to be called Kikyo now?” Sango asks.

“I don’t, Sango. But because of those posters, I going to be called Kikyo no matter what I do. And, and for once,” Kagome pauses and closes her eyes, tears beginning to form in the corners, “just once, since I’m going to be called Kikyo away, which those posters will make sure of, I want it to be my idea, not a mistake.” She glares at Inu-yasha, through the tears forming in her eyes.

Inu-yasha shoves Miroku to one side, “Get out of my way, monk.” He moves quickly over and grabs Kagome, “I’m going to talk to you, alone, bitch!” and starts to jump away. However, after a couple of, for him, normal jumps, he grimaces and lands.

“Inu-yasha?”

“It’s nothing, bitch. We’re far enough away anyways.” He grits out.

“Inu-yasha? It’s the anti-demon spells, is it?”

Inu-yasha yells into Kagome’s face, “It’s nothing! I’m not hurting!”

Kagome grinds her teeth together and glares at Inu-yasha. “Inu-yasha.” She closes her eyes, obviously trying to control her temper, and she says, “Please. All I want to do is help you.”

“I don’t need any help, wench.”

Kagome takes a couple of deep breaths, and she says, “Inu-yasha, you might think hiding the pain and not letting me help you is macho and manly.”

“Feh.”

“Inu-yasha,” Kagome reaches out to touch Inu-yasha’s check, “I’d think better of you, if you would, for once, realize that having the courage to ask for help is braver than being stupid and not asking for help.”
Inu-yasha glances away.

Kagome grins, and whispers, “Inu-yasha. It takes a great person to admit they need help.” She smiles, “Could you imagine Sesshoumaru ever being willing to admit he needs help?”

Inu-yasha huffs and he says, “never.”

Inu-yasha looks into her eyes and all he can see is Kagome’s concern and affection. He licks his lips and looks around. “Inu-yasha, don’t worry about them, they’re our friends and they’ll help you too.”

Inu-yasha looks down at the ground and he whispers, “When you touch me, it feels better.”

Kagome’s face brightens up with a huge smile and she grabs Inu-yasha and hugs him. She puts her left hand on the back of his head and places his head on her chest. With her other hand she waves off Miroku and Sango who have been approaching.

She can feel Inu-yasha relax and for the first time she can remember, she’s supporting him. She giggles, “Feel better.” She whispers.

“Yeah.” Inu-yasha whispers, “I, I’ve never needed”


“Thank you for accepting my help.” She sighs, “Although, I don’t know what I can do about all the anti-demon spells around Kyoto.”

Inu-yasha takes a deep breath, smiles, ‘smelling her . . . ’ and he says, “I’m better now.”

“Yes, I know.” Kagome whispers. She can feel his body reacting to the closeness of their bodies. She blushes, sighs, “We do need to talk, you know.”

“Yeah.”

neither of them says another word . . .

They are still hugging with Inu-yasha head nestled on Kagome’s chest.

From a distance, “So, have you two decided what names to use yet!” Miroku yells to them.

The two start and separate.

‘I was not thinking about baby names!’ Kagome thinks as she blushes.

“Well, Inu-yasha, do we use our names or do we use the name’s Kouga and Kikyo?” Kagome asks.
“Are you sure, Kagome?” He asks back.

“I’m not going to like it one bit, Inu-yasha. But because of the rumors, I’m going to be called Kikyo no matter want you”

Inu-yasha growls.

“Or I want to have happen. So, I might as well use that to our advantage.”

Inu-yasha goes, “Feh” and nods. He thinks, ‘Yeah, listening to Miroku ask about those rumors today, I can see that happening.’

Inu-yasha nods to Kagome, “Very well, Kago . . . “ He stops and looks at Kagome. Kagome slowly and with obvious pain nods, he continues, “Kikyo.” He grimaces. “We’ll do it”

Kagome grimaces, ‘I never thought the day would come, when I’d want Inu-yasha to call me Kikyo.’ She thinks.

As they walk to the others she whispers, “How are you feeling, really, Inu-yasha.”

“It hurts, especially when I use my powers.” He takes a deep breath, “But I’m not going to let a little pain interfere.”

“Stupid.”

He turns and stares at Kagome in shock.

“Don’t get cocky, Inu-yasha. You are not going to be able to do things you normally do here. Don’t be stupid and try something that will fail.”

He growls, “I don’t have to take your advice.”

“No, you don’t Inu-yasha. But, don’t forget it either.”

“Feh” Inu-yasha turns away and continues to walk to the others.

“Oh, Inu-yasha.” Kagome says as they get close to Miroku and Sango. “If you don’t like to call me Kikyo, just go ahead and call me all other names you use.”

Inu-yasha starts and he grins, “Yeah, I just might do that.” He growls at her, “And remember, until this is over, call me Kouga.”

“You two have settled on your names?” Miroku asks.

“Feh”
“Yes, Miroku, until we get the shard in Kyoto, call me, in public only, please, Kikyo. And we’ll call Inu-yasha by the name Kouga.” Kagome sighs as she finishes.

“Good. Now what do we do next?” Sango asks. They sit down next to a fire that Sango and Miroku made while waiting for Kagome and Inu-yasha to finish their argument.

“That’s easy.” Inu-yasha begins to say, “We know where the shard is. We go there, smash into the place, grab it and leave. What could be simpler?” He looks up at the sky, it’s just about sunset, “Hell, we give it a couple of hours for everything to get dark and it’ll be even easier.”

Kagome, Miroku and Sango look at each other. “Do you two any problem with that?” Kagome gently asks.

Sango replies, “Unless we’re going to do some more scouting, or since it’s in a city, spying might be a better word, Inu-yasha’s plan is about as good as any.”

Inu-yasha grins.

Sango continues, “Of course, if we do attack at night, It’ll be best to wait until an hour or two before sunrise before we attack, instead of in a couple hours like Inu-yasha purposed.”

“Why, wench?”

“Why, Inu-yasha? That last hour or two before sunrise is when it’s hardest to stay awake and alert. We’ll probably be able to get past the sentries easier then. In addition, we’ll probably have people chasing after us when we leave the city.” She pauses

The others nod in agreement.

“So by waiting, we can get some sleep and be somewhat rested. Tomorrow will be a long day as we run away from the city. It’ll probably take awhile to dodge them all.”

“Good idea, Sango.” Kagome smiles at her friend.

“Feh.”

Miroku nods.

“What about you, Miroku, do you have any thoughts?” Kagome asks.

In a thoughtful voice he says, “Hmmm . . . I am not going to presume to disagree with Inu-yasha or Sango over battlefield tactics.” He nods to them.

Inu-yasha allows a small grin to appear on his face. Sango narrows her eyes and she says, “I heard a but in there, monk.”
“I am concerned about the number of soldiers. Both in the compound and later as we leave the city.”

Sango gives a small laugh, “They’re not a problem. At least if Inu-yasha still has most of his powers, like he’s said.” She nods to Inu-yasha. “If we attack early in the morning only a few, perhaps a couple of dozen, will be ready for combat. Between Inu-yasha and I, we can handle that. Which will allow you and Kagome to locate the shard while Inu-yasha and I are fighting.” Inu-yasha grimaces, but does not say a thing.

“And later, well, once we get a couple of hours or so away from Kyoto, Kirara’s and Inu-yasha’s powers will return in full. With all of us at full power, worst comes to worst, we can run and fly faster away than any group of soldiers.” Her mouth twitches, “fighting I’m good at, monk. It was the spying part that I wasn’t good at.”


“I see.” Miroku nods. “Very well.”

“The other thing I was concerned about is how those three samurai located you two.” Miroku nods to Sango. “You changed clothes and moved about the city, so they shouldn’t have been able to locate you, especially if they are as incompetent as they appeared.”

“Huh, I didn’t think about that.” Kagome mummers, Sango nods as well.

“Something is going on there, I think. But, for now, we can do nothing about that.”

“I know what to do, monk. The next time I see them, I will ask them questions.” Sango says with a gleam in her eyes.

Miroku nods, then he sighs and says, “The compound and our plan, it just seems very simple.”

“Simple is good, monk.” Inu-yasha says, “There is less chance of mistakes. What did that man tell me once . . . oh yeah, Keep it simple, stupid.”

“Inu-yasha, I am not saying that simple isn’t good. It’s just that how often have we had a simple solution work properly?”

The others look at each other and shake their heads. “Very rarely, right?” Miroku asks. They nod.

Miroku sighs, “I would like to think the gods would give us a simple task, at least once, and this could be it. But, asking the gods for it, well . . . that just invites the gods to make our task complex.”

“Yes.” “Feh” “maybe.”

“So, you think we should do something else, Miroku?” Kagome asks.

“No, Lady Kagome. I’m just saying we need to be careful, I’m just afraid that something will happen and things will get.” He pauses, as he is trying to locate the proper word. “Weird.”

A pause.

“Now that, that is settled, we attack the compound just before sunrise. So, get to sleep, humans.” Inu-yasha orders.

Kirara shakes his head and hisses. He walks into the group and “mews” loudly and hisses, with his hair on his back standing on end.

Inu-yasha jumps up and starts to look around, ‘Ok, what is Kirara sensing that I’m missing?’ he thinks.

Sango bends down to pick Kirara up, only to have Kirara brush her off. “What is it, Kirara?”

“Yeah, I don’t sense anything. Are there some cats in heat nearby?” Inu-yasha asks as he walks around the campfire.

Kirara picks up one of the sticks that was gathered for the campfire with his mouth. He then begins to use it to scratch the dirt.

Inu-yasha in a puzzled tone, “Perhaps the anti-demon spells have gotten to the cat?”

“No, Inu-yasha.” Miroku says authoritatively. “Kirara is writing in the dirt.”

“I didn’t know Kirara could do that. Sango, did you?” Kagome asks in surprise.

“...” Sango closes her mouth. “A couple of stories about Kirara mention notes that nobody ever remembers writing. I, I” she shakes her head. “I was stupid.”

She bends down next to Kirara, being careful not to get in Kirara’s way. “I’m sorry, Kirara. I should have realized after all these years you could read and write.”

Kirara ‘mews’ around the stick, but continues to scratch in the dirt.

“Kagome.” Miroku says, “Your pen and paper might be easier for Kirara.”

“Oh, yes. I wasn’t thinking.” Kagome says as she gets some paper and a pen out.

Kirara quickly grabs the pen with his mouth and continues the message he’s been writing.

Kirara finishes and he backs away.

The message reads:

The compound has many anti-demon defenses. Inu-yasha and I could be severely hurt going inside.

Kagome bows to Kirara, “I forgot about looking for magic around the compound. I am sorry.”

Inu-yasha yells, “You bitch! That’s fucking important in this city, or have you forgotten about that!”

“Inu-yasha, I said I was sorry. Spying isn’t something I do every day!” Kagome yells back.

“Yelling isn’t going to solve this.” Miroku interjects trying to calm both of them.

“Shit.” Everybody looks at Sango. She blushes, she, obviously, didn’t mean to say that aloud. “I should have known, when Kirara didn’t want to go alone, last night.” She shakes her head. “And it makes sense that the shard owner would have a lot of anti-demon defense.”

“Huh? Why Sango?” Kagome asks.

“Think about it. In just about every rumor, its demons going after the shards. Humans are only rarely mentioned. So, if I was to possess a shard, I would think that demons are more likely to be after it than humans.”

“So, you’d get as many anti-demon spells and objects as you could, to defend yourself against them.” Kagome finishes for Sango. Sango nods.

“This doesn’t change anything. We still know where it is. When we attack early tomorrow morning there won’t be all that many guards, so even if Kirara is weakened, we’ll still win.” Inu-yasha says confidently.

“Might I make a suggestion?” Miroku asks. “Perhaps we should visit the compound, now. This would let Inu-yasha and Sango look over the compound for the attack. And Kagome and I could look for magic. We could then find an inn and rest until for a while.”

Sango’s mouth twitches, but she nods. ‘I hate having to agree with him, but.’ She thinks.

“Good idea, Miroku.” Kagome says as she glances at Inu-yasha, “Right?”

Inu-yasha eyes narrow, but he gives a slight nod and grunts out, “Feh.”

“Good let’s go now.” Miroku says as he starts to leave the campsite.

“Before we eat?” Inu-yasha asks.

“Would you rather have food over a campfire or a real meal in an inn?” Miroku replies.

“Ok. We’ll go now.” Inu-yasha agrees.

Kagome picks up Shippo, carefully, trying not to wake him up. ‘Inu-yasha liked it when I touched him.’ She thinks. She grabs his hand and holds it. Shippo, still asleep, curls around her hand.

Kagome and Sango look at each and share a grin and a thought, ‘the boys are going to love the food in an inn . . . ’

Later at the Yuki compound...

The ground slowly walks around the compound in the early evening, just after nightfall.


“Well? Monk? Wench?”

“There is a lot of magic around the compound, Inu-yasha. I’m not sure what it all means.” Kagome says.

“They are definitely concealing something, Inu-yasha. There is a very good spell surrounding the compound. IT prevents me for using magic to search the compound.” Miroku says. “I can see why Kirara was concerned. There could be some very powerful spells behind that concealment spell.”

“Fuck.”

“Do we change our plan?” Sango asks.

Miroku purses his lips, “the more we delay the greater the chance that open warfare will erupt in the city. The greater is the chance that the shard gets misused. IF we could find out more quickly and easily, then, yes, I would like to get more information. But, if it takes a while, I just don’t know.”

The group moves off to one side, staying in the concealment of the night, as a torch carrying messenger approaches the front gate. The gate is opened and the man let in.

Inu-yasha grins, “Bitch. You said that the heir to this family was involved with a geisha?”

“Yes, Inu-yasha, that was the rumor.”

“He, his friends and guard are staying overnight at her tea house.” Inu-yasha’s grin grows, “The messenger was joking about it with gate guards.”

“So, Inu-yasha?”

“He should know about the shard, and he would know about the anti-demon defenses of the compound, right?”

“As the heir to the family, I would assume so, Inu-yasha.” Kagome replies.

Inu-yasha turns to the group, “He’s in a geisha house, getting drunk and getting laid. I’ll bet we can spy on him, at least.”

“And, since he’s drunk, he could talk about things he shouldn’t” Sango says in a thoughtful voice.

“Yeah.”

The group looks at each. “We’re not going to have a better chance to get more information.” Miroku says.

“Good. Let’s go. The messenger said he was at Tamamo’s house.”

“I know where that is.” Miroku says. A slight smile on his face. “Very fancy, only the best. I had some great nights there.”

Kagome and Sango look at each other. Sango grimaces and shakes her head. Kagome sighs and says, “Ok, let’s go.”

Inu-yasha looks at Kagome and says, “you’re not going.”

“Huh? Why?”

“This is a geisha tea house. I’m not going to allow another man to touch you. It’s that simple.” Inu-yasha declares as he crosses his arms on his chest.

“The perverted monk is going, since he knows the place.” Inu-yasha nods to Miroku.

“Sango can come, I’d assume you don’t want him to get distracted.” Inu-yasha nods to Sango.

“But you’re not coming.” Inu-yasha says to Kagome.

“But. But . . . ” Kagome begins. ‘I suppose it’s best if I don’t go. I mean, if I go with Inu-yasha, he’ll get upset every time a man looks at me and that’ll cause him to break cover and ruin our chances to spy.’ She thinks.

Sango grimaces, “this is a spy mission, so I’m not coming.”

Miroku’s eyebrows rise, “Why?”

Sango grinds her teeth, “Because, you perverted monk, there is no way I could control my temper enough to prevent myself from knocking you unconscious, and that just would not do on a spying mission.” Sango moves to in front of Miroku and stands nose to nose with him. “But, if this doesn’t work, because you couldn’t keep it in . . . ” she growls to him.

“Why do you think I’m coming, Sango? Somebody has to keep him from being distracted.” Inu-yasha says.

“Very well, Inu-yasha. I can count on you not to be distracted.” Sango says as she moves away from the monk.


“So, it’s just you and I going, huh, Inu-yasha.” Miroku says.

“Yeah. You do know the way, monk?”

“Of course.”

“Let’s get the girls settled into an inn and then we’ll go.”


Later . . . on the way to the tea house . . .

“Inu-yasha.”

“Yeah.”

“You want to spy on him, correct.”

“Yeah.”

“How do you think we will get invited into his party?”

“...” Inu-yasha closes his mouth, “I suppose you have a plan?”

“Of course, though, it’s not one I expect you to agree to.”

“What is it?”

“I know the owner of the tea house and she owes me a favor.” He pauses and smiles, “I remember playing a joke on a friend by doing this, and she enjoyed it helping.”

“Go ahead, monk.”
“The only way to get into the room where the party is being held is be one of the geishas, Inu-yasha.”

They take a couple of steps as Inu-yasha thinks about that statement.

Inu-yasha’s eyes widen, “You’re fucking joking!”

“It’s the only way, Inu-yasha. We’ll have to dress up as a geisha.”

Back at the inn . . .

Sango is pacing the room. Shippo is asleep in Kagome’s futon with Kirara curled up next to him. Kagome is sitting down next to Shippo.

“You’re just going to wear out the mat, Sango.” Kagome says, “The boys will be fine.”

Sango stops pacing and asks Kagome, “Do you really believe that?”

Kagome opens her mouth and closes it a couple of times, before she softly says, “No.” She shakes her head, “Miroku and Inu-yasha alone in a tea house. There will be problems.”

“Yes. I think we should be nearby in case they need help.” Sango says, “Instead of being stuck here in this room.”

“Shippo and Kirara?”

“Hmmm. Could you place some sort of defensive spell around the room, Kagome?”

“Maybe. Miroku could do it better.”

“He’s not here. Will it work?”

“Yes, I think.”

“Kirara can also grab Shippo and leave the house rapidly if necessary.” Kirara slowly nods in agreement.

Sango grimaces, “I just wish that there was some way to prevent men from groping us. I’d like to go into the tea house.”

Kagome grimaces, “Yes, if we go into a tea house, we’ll get groped.”

“And if I don’t knock the idiot’s head off . . . ”

“Inu-yasha will rip it off . . . ”
They nod together.

Kagome blinks a couple of times and asks, “Sango, what if we were dressed as men?”

“Huh? Kagome?”

“I’d bet that if we dress up as men, we could enter the tea house and help the guys.” Kagome says, her enthusiasm for the plan increases as she talks. “Yes, we get some men’s kimono’s, put on some swords and walk into a tea house, who’ll guess that we are women?”

“Hmmm . . . That might work, Kagome.”

Sango and Kagome smile at each other. “We’d better hurry. The boys will get into trouble quickly, don’t you think?”

“How will we find the right tea house, Kagome?”

“From the boys talk, it’s a very well known place, right?” Kagome asks, Sango nods. “We’ll be men, right? So, all we have to do is ask directions. I mean, that’s what men do, right, visit geisha tea houses?”

Sango smiles, “You’re right, Kagome. It’ll be easy to find. Let’s go.”

End ch8

Hmmm . . . not much historical detail in this chapter. Sorry. I started to go back in and add a couple of sequences with random people for more day-to-day detail, but this chapter is so large . . . I would like to know if the lack of details disappoints.

I had planned on a larger encounter for Kagome alone, but . . . I wanted to get to the action, so . . . I altered it.

Hiyoshimaru is a historical figure. I wonder if anybody will figure it out. Grin.

About the Kikyo/Kagome & Kouga/Inu-yasha name bits. When reading Japanese history one thing that sticks in my mind is how often people change their names. For example at birth you will get a name. But you’ll also have a childhood nickname. As a teenager you might change your name then. When you get married, you will probably change names then. If you go up (or down) in society, you might change your name as a reward (or a penalty). When you become the head of the family, your name might change again. When you retire, changing your name is also very common. This makes reading Japanese history occasionally very confusing. So . . . grin. Let’s see if I can have some fun by changing names in this storyline.

Oh, yes, I do have the disguises for Inu-yasha (his hair & ears), Miroku (his hand) and the girls worked out. But if anybody wants to guess how, feel free. Grin.
As I’ve told a couple of reviewers, the upcoming geisha sequence is one of the main reasons I wanted to write this storyline. So . . . while I will get at least part one of it out in November . . . Exactly how many chapters I’ll do in November I don’t know. (To give an example, when in this chapter, once I got the two groups together, I thought it would only take about 2000 words to get to the final scene in this chapter . . . it was closer to 4000 words in the final version . . . ) So. the geisha sequence will probably get long and complex. (I’ve got Kagome/Sango, Inu-yasha/Miroku, the real geishas, The Yuki party, and other guests to work into the story, and some historical details about geishas’ and their lifestyles I want to add in . . . I know what I want to write, but putting it down. Sigh. Well see.)

Posting schedules. Hmm next week I’ll finish the Naraku’s Halloween story. Then I’ll finish I-shin-po. Then we’ll see. I’ll get at least chapter nine of Shard out in November, but when? Shrug. Too many variables.

thank you for reading
jeff shelton