InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of Kagsha ❯ Secrets ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kagsha picked up her tunic, and with one fluid motion, pulled it on. The four in the room, Sango, Miroku, Kaede, and Shippo, stared at her, their eyes wide at the sudden revelation.

"Mom?!? Who is your mom? Unless you are a demon, in which case you would look like one, you had to have been told by someone who met us, knew us, and saw us often. And the only person could be...Kagome!!!!" Miroku reasoned wisely before blanching. "Are you Kagome's daughter? How old are you? How is Kagome? How could you be Kagome's daughter?!?!"

Kagsha let out a happy laugh before saying, "Yep, good old Miroku. As perverted as the day is long, yet as wise as it too. I am Kagsha Higurashi. 15 years old. That would have made my mom 30."

Sango stood, shocked. How could this girl profess to be Kagome's daughter if Kagome had visited them only 2 years ago? And she hadn't had a daughter, been pregnant, or anything? Besides that, "Who is your father, Kagsha? I mean... Wait did you say 'would have been 30?' Why?"

"Hmph. My father. That's why I'm here. I've got to find that bastard. I have no idea where to find him, though I do know that he exists here because my mom often mentioned that he was from 'Inuyasha’s world' though I never understood it till now. And, yes, she 'would have been 30' because she's dead."

"Dead? How? I mean, she's only been gone for two years." Sango took to the news very well, but Miroku looked shell shocked and Shippo was inconsolable. At the sound of Shippo's wail and at the scent of said kitsune's tears, Inuyasha burst in.

"Why are you crying runt?"

With a quick "Don't tell him anything" look directed at Sango, Miroku, and Kaede, Kagsha scooped up Shippo and dashed out of the hut.

"What the hell was that all about?" Inuyasha asked. The monk was still standing, stiff, eyes wide and mouth open in shock. Sango was pale, her mouth drawn into a thin line, and her eyes looking decidedly dimmer than usual. Kaede just stood there, shaking her head and hugging herself. Seeing that he would not be getting a response from the three, he turned, walked out the hut, and proceeded to look for Kagsha.

When Kagsha saw Inuyasha enter the hut, she worried that he had heard what she had said. When he didn't show any signs of knowing, she had relaxed, warned the three older people in the room with a glare, and ran outside using Shippo as an excuse. One thing that she could thank her deadbeat father for was her heightened senses and speed. Now, she used the speed to get as far away from the humans as she could, five miles in those two minutes.

"Where'd she go? She just left the house two minutes ago. There's no way she could be so fast. Only demons are that fast, and she's no demon" Inuyasha stood outside sniffing the wind for traces of Kagsha's scent. A strong southerly breeze brought back a faint scent, yet it came from several miles away. Could she have been kidnapped by a demon? He quickly took off in that general direction and spotted her, sitting, stroking Shippo's hair five miles from Kaede's hut. She was singing a quiet lullaby to the sobbing fox kit as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Oi, Wench. I take care of my pack, got it? I can't split up to look after Shippo if you drag him so far away. Don't leave without my permission next time. Ok?" As was understandable, Inuyasha's voice betrayed his irritation at being forced to follow her. As she stood to yell at him and leave, he asked her "How the hell did you get this far anyway in two minutes?"

"Whoa, I see Kagome wasn't exaggerating when she said you were an overbearing, over exaggerating, self centered, jerk! Was it so wrong that all I wanted to do was sit down and take care of the kid? And what business is it...?"

At the word "sit", Inuyasha found himself getting reacquainted with a friend from two years prior: dirt. After a minute or so, Inuyasha struggled up from the dirt, turned to look at Kagsha and said, "Who the hell are you? Only Kagome had power over the subduing beads. Take them off. Now!"

"No. No way! I...I control the beads?!?! But she never said.......... Kagome was married- I mean mated to someone, wasn't she?" Kagsha was shocked that she had inherited her mother's power over Inuyasha's beads, but she tried to sidetrack him from asking about who she was by asking about her mom's love life.

"What? Why do you want to know?" Inuyasha began to walk away from Kagsha before saying, "Besides, we have to get back. Its almost dark."

"What? Oh, SHIT!!!!" Kagsha pulled a sleeping Shippo up from the floor and tossed him at Inuyasha before running in the opposite direction and yelling back over her shoulder, "I'll be back in the morning!"

"That was strange..."