InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Can Fight Part I: A Girl's Punch Made Solid ❯ Flames Of The Past ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

{::Disclaimer: go look in the first chapter...but just in case your bored like me: I don't own inuyasha or his cute little friends! Ha-ha!::}

A Woman Can Fight part 1: A Girl's Punch Made Solid

By: SilverFangedTiger

chapter: Flames...Of The Past

* * * * *

JD: sorry my computer in friggin' Bi-Polar!! No offense to anyone who is Bi-Polar. It now has NO internet connection!!! I HATE bell south!! Grr!!! I hate dial up too!!! hmpf. Well guess what? I'm in the `mood' now to write this chapter. Your probably wondering if I am being lazy. Well no I'm not. It's just I have to be in the right mood to write this particular one. So {::punches index finger into the air::} read on!!

* * * * *

"Oh god." kagome groaned as both she and Sango slid into the welcoming kitchen chairs. Both sprawling out with limp limbs.

"Hard training ladies?" miroku asked as he all but glided into the room.

"Miroku, just cause' I'm weak and can barely move doesn't," she raised her voice slightly with a shake of her finger added to it. "Mean I can't kick your ass."

Kagome almost burst with laughter at the look on the perverted man's face. "Oww, oh god, oww!" she wheezed as she held her aching stomach. "My abs her so damn bad." she whined.

Sango groaned in agreement.

"Why kagome-San, I never took you for a whining wimp." sesshomaru teased as he too waltzed into the room, inuyasha following.

Kagome all but gracefully gave him her beautiful middle finger. Then rolled over to a bucket and vomited. "GAH!" every one in the room said in unison.

"Kagome are you alright??" miroku asked concerned as he bent beside the vomiting kagome. "Well you're the one with the nurse degree miroku... do some thing!" Sango said as she tried to pick herself up but to no avail. "Shit.." she muttered.

In three quick strides sesshomaru had closed the distances between himself and kagome. He pulled her sweaty hair back from her face and looked at miroku as if to say `well? Now what?'. Both jumped when kagome stopped and abruptly coughed. "Ooo.." she groaned.

Miroku picked up her wrist and pinched some skin up from the top of her hand. As it slowly came down he came to a conclusion. "She's dehydrated."

Every one sighed in relief as kagome scoffed. "You mean to tell me I just friggin' threw up because I didn't have any water? And get your hands off me!" she swatted at sesshomaru's hands and at miroku's nod she huffed. "Well gee, I feel stronger now!"

"Hey, what doesn't kill ya will only make ya stronger." inuyasha stated.

Sango gave him an exasperated look. "Just get her some damn water."

* * * * * *

kagome sighed irritably, as she lowered herself into the garden tub. The other three had nagged her into a hot bath. Couldn't they just understand she was ok? The hot water tickled her skin. She jumped slightly. Guess not, she thought. Sighing again she cursed herself. This will definitely take some time getting used to.. she thought to herself. Finally submerged into the water she frowned at the white fluffy stuff floating on the water. "Oi! Sango! What's with the white stuff?" she yelled at the wall, still eyeing the foreign stuff in both suspicion and curiosity.

"Eh?!" she answered back. "What white stuff?"

"It's all fluffy and colorful!" kagome described scowling at the foreign thing that surrounded her. Then scowled in sango's direction, when she heard her new friend laughing her head off.

"What the hell man?!!"

"Sorry kags. They're bubbles!!"

Kagome's face went blank. Bubbles. Friggin' pink, purple and every other color under the sun, bubbles surrounded her in a huge round tub. And after knocking on the tub serval times before she knew that it was real marble. "You don't have to go through all this fancy crap for me, ya know!"kagome assured.

"But it'll help you calm down!"

Kagome mumbled a string of curses but settled down anyway.

* * * * *

After nagging Kagome down into the bath house of the mansion for the fifth time, Sango decided she might as well head down herself. She slipped into a indigo silk robe, tying the sash she walked down the hall way bare foot.

Pushing through a white swing door that had `ladies' carved into a gold plate on it. She passed the second door to the hall way that said `guest', she guessed kagome was in that particular one. Just to make sure she knocked. "Kagome? Are you in this one?" hearing a grumbled curse of something along the lines of, `friggin' people..always trying to scare the hell outta me.' , Sango giggled.

"Yes Sango, after much consideration I chose this one!"

Sango laughed. "So you like it then?"

"Whatever." kagome responded stubbornly.

"Ok, I'll be in the one next to you. Holler if you need anything." with that said Sango pushed through a door that had her name on it.

She slipped out of the robe and turned on the heated water. Pulling her hair from it's restraints, she shook her head. Grabbing a vase shaped bottled she poured in a smooth silvery blue substance, right at the tub's faucet. The garden tub began to fill with colorful bubbles. Sighing, her thoughts traveled to her new found friend.

She wondered what had happened in kagome's past to make her so distrustful. She didn't trust miroku, inuyasha or sesshomaru. She didn't seem like she trusted Sango either. But Sango knew she was warming up to kagome. It would only take time, she guessed. She had stopped the water flow and had fully submerged into the bubble filled tub, when she heard kagome.

"Oi! Sango! What's with the white stuff?"

Huh? Sango thought. Unconsciously she lifted her cupped hands into small mound of bubbles. "Eh? What white stuff?" Sango called back.

"It's all fluffy and colorful!"

Sango's eyebrows furrowed. As she blew at the mound of bubbles. Watching them fly it hit her what kagome was describing. She automatically burst with laughter. Her voice rang out of her bath house `room' and spilled into the one next to her.

"What the hell man?!!" kagome yelled.

Sango tried calming herself. "Sorry kags! They're bubbles!" Sango still snickered.

Shaking her head she proceeded with her bath. Hearing kagome yell something about not going through so much trouble she yelled back "but it'll help you calm down."

With that she thought, argument diminished.

* * * *

Sesshomaru poured some of the fresh coffee he had made. Himself, Inuyasha and Miroku were discussing their former `guest' and how long she would stay.

"Well sesshomaru?" miroku questioned.

Sesshomaru quirked a brow. "May I be of some assistance?"

"Yes, ice tower. Besides making coffee we need you to make a decision." inuyasha quipped. Sesshomaru's expression darkened but stayed cold. "You mean on kagome staying or not." at their nods he stopped to think. Did he really want her here? Well, Sango was slowly but surely getting attached to Kagome so it probably wouldn't do good to muck that up. Besides, his lips tugged. Almost reaching a smile but stayed at a smirk. She could be useful for something other than another fighter. "Hm. How long do you think she should stay for training?" he asked. His thoughts not even relevant to what they were talking about.

"Well I was thinking three months." inuyasha suggested.

"Oh please, you just want her out of here cause' she whips your ass every time in a fight, not that its hard. Besides there's no way she can be trained in that amount of time, I say 9 months!" miroku cut in.

"You just want her here cause' she has a nice ass and big tits! Just cause' you can't get any from Sango doesn't mean-" Inuyasha was interrupted by a cold, steeled voice.

"You won't be using her like that. Verbal or physical." sesshomaru warned, murder clear as day in his eyes. He forwarded his warning to both Miroku and Inuyasha.

"Dude, no need to be protective!" Miroku quipped. "If she's already taken by you its all good-"

"No you incompetent, stupid, idiot." sesshomaru snapped. "She isn't mine. Neither of you are going take her like that. Fight her and train her yes. But don't even think about getting that kind of rough with her." he warned yet again.

"Sesshomaru, chill out. I was only joking-"

"No inuyasha. You don't know anything of her past. I suggest you never bring it up either."

"What's her past?"

"Hey guys." kagome greeted, with a small smile as she and Sango walked in from the bath house.

"Uh hey." inuyasha was the first to respond.

* * *

The next day Sesshomaru took Kagome into a different Dojo to train. Figuring that he could finally talk to her with out interruptions.

Kagome looked around in awe. Not that she showed it. "Since when has this been here?"

"Always." he responded then seeing her confused look he chuckled. "This is my personal dojo."

"And you brought me here to train?" sesshomaru nodded.

Sighing kagome rolled her shoulders. "I'm ready when you are."

* *

Kagome grunted as she dodged Sesshomaru's hits. {::WHOA! Kagome dodging sessho? Eeee::}she jumped back as sesshomaru tried out a kick. Wait, kagome thought. I've seen this before.

She watched sesshomaru dive a few punches, which she dodged. Jumping from side to side. Then just as she anticipated he started to roundhouse kick her. His foot mere inches from her side she grabbed his foot and twisted. Sesshomaru ending on his rear. He propped himself on his elbows. Thoroughly impressed. Shaking his head he said calming, "you should never let your guard down just because your opponent's down."

"Huh-"

Before kagome could respond, Sesshomaru kicked her legs out from under her. Bracing her fall with his body.

"That was not funny." kagome seethed to, a very, amused sesshomaru.

"I never said it was." sesshomaru said as he bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from laughing. Kagome snorted. "Yea well you were thinkin' it." she started to shift off his body and straighten herself.

Both of them started tapping their hands up and sesshomaru decided now was his opportunity. "Kagome can I ask you something?"

"Sure." she responded as she ripped the tap and started on her other hand.

"Why do you let the past bother you?"

Kagome froze. Her eyes widening. She inwardly shuddered, she brushed it off as he didn't know what exactly he was talking about. But inside her, deep down inside she held a fear that he did. "I don't." she quipped.

Here we go with the short answers, sesshomaru sighed. To late to turn back now. "Yes you do. You let what your father did to you, still live in the present when it's in the past."

Kagome's whole body went stiff to the bone. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. How... "I don't know what your talking about." kagome denied.

Sesshomaru set his teeth. "Yes you do. Is that not why you don't trust men?" seeing kagome whirl around to face him he continued. "I know what happened in Nagasaki and Nagoya."

Kagome balled her hands into fists. "No you don't." she snapped. Then her voice lowered to a stage whisper. "You can't possibly know how it was or how it felt."

This time sesshomaru's neck hairs shot on end with anger. "Your right, I don't know how it felt. But I do know how it feels to have some one your supposed to trust betray you."

Tears formed in kagomes eyes. "How can you!!!??" she shouted. "You've lived a sheltered life Sesshomaru Hemerashi! How the hell, can you possibly know how it feels like, eh?"

in a flash sesshomaru had pinned kagome onto dojo wall. Her wrists nailed by his hands, over her head. "Do not be mistaken Kagome Higurashi. I did not live a sheltered pretty life."

Fear shot through kagome's body. This position. The position she was in. She remembered it so vividly from before.

~*~Flash back ~*~

Kagome walked up the side walk to her house. 14 was how old she was. And right now, this 14 year old hoped and prayed that her father wasn't home. He had raped her when she was six. And every so often he'd do it again. She wasn't strong enough to defend herself. So now, she came home to this war field hoping and praying her father wasn't there. But today... her wishes wouldn't be granted.

Kagome slid her back pack off and set it down quietly. Looking for any sign that her father was or wasn't home. She had one foot on the stairs before she was pushed onto them.

"You little bitch where have you been?! I've been waiting for you for almost an hour!"

"My bus-"

<SLAP>

"don't you talk back to me!" her father shouted. Tears burst from his daughter's eyes as he yanked and ripped her skirt and undergarment off.

"Please father no! No! No!" she pleaded through her tears.

He didn't listen.

He started to unbuckled his belt and slid down his jeans. "Open your legs! Wider!"

Kagome had no choice. She screamed and cried as her father rammed into her.

~*~ end of flash back~*~

Kagome started to tremble with fear. Her body reacting to the way sesshomaru had pinned her up against the wall.

Sesshomaru realized how bad he had scared kagome and pull slightly off her. Letting her wrists go, he wrapped his arms around her as something unexpected happened. She cried.

He lowered them onto the floor and cradled her in his arms. She surprised him again by clinging to him like a life jacket. More tears erupted out of her.

"It's ok kagome," sesshomaru cooed. "Let it go. Nobody will know you cried I promise." with his promise made more tears sobbed out of kagome. "He was so mean!" she cried out as she hiccupped. "He was so violent and..and.." more and more tears came at the long ago memories. Sesshomaru rubbed her back softly and gently.

Kagome admitted to herself she had never felt so safe before. The tears started to minimize as her sobs began to quiet. Her breath still hitching in and out of her body. "How...how did you know?" she asked quietly into his chest.

Sesshomaru sighed. "Our agency recomended you and I did a back round check. It was on you social worker's files." he hugged her to him tightly. "I'm...I'm sorry kagome. I shouldn't have dragged it out of you." kagome shook her head against his chest. "I feel so much better now."

"Well of course, your with me." sesshomaru chirped. Smiling when kagome scoffed playfully.

"Conceited bastard." she said as she wiped her eyes.

"A totally hot conceited bastard." sesshomaru reminded.

Kagome threw her head back and laughed.

*

JD: DAMMIT! That wasn't supposed to have a happy friggin' ending!

Kagome: {::wiping eyes emotionally::} that was great.

Sessho:{::comes walking in::} feh, to emotional.

All Girls: sessho! {::glomp sesshomaru::}

JD: heh heh.. Way to go sesshomaru!

Sessho: {::through crowds of girls glomping him::} shut it pup.

Review Responses:

StormyNightsRainyDays: AWWWWW!!! don't worry. Me too. I haven't been in like...shit how long has it been?

Naitome: woo-hoo! I posted! You probably hate my ass now but still I posted!!!! remember that while u try to talk yourself out of killing me for ruining the chapter!! LOL!!