InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Scorned ❯ Wedding Bells ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Mrs. Higarashi, there's something I think you should know,” Sesshomaru began. Before he could say another word however, a thump came from the entrance of the living room and Kagome was standing next to him within seconds with her hand firmly pressed against his mouth. Smiling evilly behind her hand, Sesshomaru gave it a little nip, causing her to pull her hand away rather quickly.
 
“Kagome what has gotten into you? That was rather rude,” her mother scolded, unaware of the currents of emotion running between her daughter and the rather polite demon she was talking to.
 
`Honestly, he is nothing like Kagome described him to be,' the woman though as she watched her daughter and the Taiyoukai Lord hold a furious conference across the room. `He's certainly a whole lot politer than his brother.'
 
“She's going to find out sooner or later Kagome. Delaying the inevitable will not change the outcome of our deal,” Sesshomaru said in a low cold voice. He was a little hurt that she seemed so reluctant to tell her mother that she was to be his mate. Was he, Sesshomaru Lord of the Western Lands, not good enough for this human girl?
 
Kagome sighed as she looked up into the golden eyes of the Taiyoukai Lord. Although he tried not to show it, a bit of hurt had managed to creep into his normally cold gaze, making Kagome feel extremely guilty.
 
“You're right Sesshomaru-sama. I'm just a bit nervous,” Kagome finally said, looking down at her feet. When she received no response, she peeked up and saw him watching her rather impatiently. It was clear that he expected her to tell her mother. If not, then he would. Kagome sighed and turned back to the couch where her mother was patiently waiting for an explanation for Kagome's behavior.
 
“You see mom, I caught Inu-yasha with Kikyo again and made a deal with Sesshomaru. In exchange for his help in defeating Naraku and retrieving the rest of the jewel shards, not only does he get the completed jewel but I become his mate,” Kagome said softly. In fact, her voice had steadily grown softer to the point that Mrs. Higarashi almost didn't hear her daughter's last words.
 
“What was that last part Kagome?” her mother asked, not quite sure if she had heard right. It sounded like she had said that after completing the jewel and giving it to Sesshomaru she was going to become his mate! Although she had to admit, he certainly treated Kagome much better than Inu-yasha had. Sesshomaru snickered slightly and Kagome shot him a dirty look before turning back to her mother and repeating the last part. She then sat there in silence, waiting for her mother's response. When it came it totally shocked Kagome and even surprised Sesshomaru.
 
“Does this mean I get to plan a wedding for my little girl?” Kagome's mother asked happily. Tears filled her eyes as she pictured her baby walking down the aisle in a long white wedding gown and Sesshomaru standing regally before the priest in his best formal clothing.
 
“What exactly is a `wedding'?” Sesshomaru asked in curiosity. Judging by Kagome's face and her mother's reaction it could either be some good human mating custom or some truly awful one. As he had been quietly looking into ways of keeping the well open so Kagome could continue to visit her family once Naraku was gone, it might not be such a bad idea to be legally joined in a human mating custom as well as the youkai custom back in his home time period.
 
Kagome listened quietly as her mother proceeded to describe what a wedding was and what it meant in this time. Sesshomaru stood quietly, absorbing the knowledge before making a decision.
 
“We shall have a `wedding' before we mate in the youkai custom,” he said solemnly. He completely ignored Kagome's mother's quiet squeals of excitement and stared at Kagome with blazing golden eyes. There was no way now that she could refuse him!
 
Kagome stared at the Taiyoukai Lord with seemingly resigned eyes. Inside though, she was absolutely livid! Just wait until they got back to the Feudal Era!