InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woman Scorned ❯ Lord Fluffy ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There was a tense silence between the young woman and the Taiyoukai Lord as they made their way back to the well and the Feudal Era. Each was carrying a backpack, Kagome was carrying her usual yellow one and Sesshomaru was gingerly carrying her black one. Sesshomaru looked over at Kagome and could tell that she was seriously ticked off over the way that he had taken control over their upcoming wedding. He opened his mouth to say something but was silenced by a fiery glance from his intended mate. He sighed slightly irritated himself with the ridiculous nickname Kagome's mother had come up with for him. Kami help him if his damn half brother ever found out!
 
****Flashback to a few minutes before they left the house****
 
“Kagome, the next time you are home we need to go get you fitted for a wedding dress,” her mother chirped happily, adding more fuel to the fire. She then turned to Sesshomaru, who was smiling pleasantly although inside he was extremely impatient to be back to his own familiar time and scents.
 
“Sesshomaru, I am so looking forward to having you as a part of my family. You are so much kinder to my daughter than your brother was!” Mrs. Higarashi smiled and turned to exit the room, but happened to spot the one thing that Sesshomaru had been hiding so diligently this whole time.
 
“Is that a tail???? Oh how kawaii!!!” she exclaimed as she pulled it free from the area of clothing that Sesshomaru had been hiding it in. She held it up to her cheek and rubbed her face against it, ignoring Kagome's frantic attempts to free the tail and Sesshomaru's annoyed growls.
 
“Oh I just thought of the perfect nickname for you!” Mrs. Higarashi exclaimed as she reluctantly let go of the tail. Sesshomaru immediately tucked it back into its hiding place and stood waiting in resignation for the nickname. When it came it was even worse than he could have even thought of.
 
“I shall call you Fluffy!” the woman said and Kagome immediately fell into a fit of laughter. With as much dignity as he could summon, Lord Fluffy as he was now called, picked up Kagome's black backpack and walked out the door, leaving the two obviously crazy women to their laughter.
 
*******end flashback*********
 
`Honestly, who does Sesshomaru think he is? He may be Lord of the Western Lands in the Feudal Era, but here he is just a regular demon. Well, if demons actually existed here he would be one,' Kagome thought angrily as she walked beside the Taiyoukai Lord. She felt him look at her and open his mouth but just glared at him, effectively convincing him to keep his mouth shut until they were back in the Feudal Era.
 
`Kami, why does everything always have to be so complicated?' Kagome thought with a sigh as she slid the doors to the well house closed behind her. She stood on the edge of the well and started to take hold of Sesshomaru's hand. Instead, she found herself swept off her feet and into the arms of the powerful demon and held close to his chest as he jumped into the well. Immediately, the familiar blue light surrounded them and in seconds they were back in his time.
 
Sesshomaru easily leapt out of the well and landed gracefully beside it. He gently set Kagome down on her feet and turned towards the village. He walked off, never looking back to see if the now stunned young Miko was following him or not. He needed to put some space between them and rethink his approach on winning her affection. He noticed that he still carried that large black bag that she had insisted on bringing back with them and he almost turned and threw it into the woods in a fit of rage. Instead, he calmly dropped it behind him and with lightening speed disappeared into the surrounding woods, leaving Kagome alone with her thoughts.
 
Kagome stared at the spot where her black bag rested, unable to believe that Sesshomaru had just taken off and left her like that! Swearing quietly under her breath, the enraged young woman stalked forward and snatched up the black bag, adding it to her already overloaded shoulders.
 
`Oh just wait until I catch up to his royal Fluffiness! He is so going to get an earful from me!' Kagome thought furiously as she marched through the woods towards the village. She was unaware of the fact that the very demon she was thinking about was watching her from the woods, his golden eyes filled with a mixture of amusement and tenderness towards the woman who unknowingly held his very heart in her delicate hands. Using his demon speed, he quickly managed to get ahead of her and appeared in the village just seconds before she stormed out of the woods. At the sight of him, she dropped her bags and marched over to him and immediately began to lecture him, much to the surprise and amusement of her fellow travelers. That is until she mentioned the wedding in her time and the amusement quickly faded from everyone's faces to be replaced by shock.
 
“Uh Kagome did you just say that your mother was planning a wedding between you and Sesshomaru?” Sango queried gently as the younger girl paused to take a deep breath. Kagome turned to her friend, puzzled and then immediately turned a deep dark red as she realized that she had spilled out something that she had intended to keep a secret from the rest of the group. Inu-yasha upon hearing the news said nothing but calmly took off into the woods to do some thinking. Kagome merely groaned and stumbled into the closest empty hut, closely followed by Shippo. Several minutes later Shippo was back out with the rest of the group as Kagome began to vent her anger on a poor unsuspecting bug.
 
Several minutes later, Kagome reappeared in the door and spoke only a few short words.
 
“Yes Sesshomaru and I are getting married. If anyone else brings the subject back up…” she let her voice trail off but the threat was crystal clear. Sango, Miroku, Kirara and even Shippo decided that it would be best to leave Kagome alone for the rest of the day and took off to see if there was anything they could help Kaede with. That left Sesshomaru and Kagome alone together.