InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Across the Cafe' I Saw You ❯ Chapter III ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: *looks in a huge box* O.k. let's see, manga, posters, DVDs, screenshots, this story… nope, no characters in there. I own nothing except this story line and the other things mentioned above!
 
Across the Café I Saw You
By: IsisTheEgyptianGoddess
Chapter III
Plans for the Start of College and Moving in Part I
 
*Last Time*
 
Kagome was just about to walk out the door when Inuyasha finally got the guts to come running up,
 
“Um, Miss wait!”
 
Kagome turned around
 
“Yes?”
 
“I'm sorry, but I never caught your name.”
 
She gave him yet another smile, “My name, is Kagome.” And with that she walked out the door.
 
“Kagome.” Inuyasha whispered to himself, then his face broke into a wide grin. Wait till Miroku heard about this!
 
 
*This time*
 
“And then, he comes up while you were talking to your Inuyasha and asks me out!”
 
Sango and Kagome were driving down the road to Kagome's house. Sango lived right next-door and had ever since they were kids.
 
“Wow Sango! Did you say yes?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“And so begins another `long' relationship between Sango and another poor sap.”
 
“Yep! I can feel another long meaningful relationship coming on…”
 
“Well let's hope this one lasts longer then your record so far.”
 
“What's my record? Refresh me.”
 
“A grand total of… two weeks.”
 
Sango's eyes got wide, “Are you sure that's it? I could have sworn…”
 
“That was it Sango.”
 
Sango sighed and leaned back into the seat, “I remember him, he was just so clingy. And what a wimp!” she snorted
 
Kagome laughed and just then the light they were at turned red. Kagome leaned back in the seat sighing.
 
“So Kag, have you decided where you're going to live?” Sango was referring to whether or not Kagome was going to move into the dorm with her or stay at home with her family.
 
“Well, I have decided…” Kagome trailed off as the light turned green and she began to drive again.
 
“Decided…?” Sango prompted
 
“Decided that I'm going to live in the dorms with you!”
 
“Yes!” Sango squealed hugging her best friend
 
“Sango!! I'm kinda trying to drive here!” Kagome squeaked as they almost swerved off the road.
 
“Sorry. But this is sooo exciting!!” Sango smiled happily “I was worrying that I'd have to room by myself. How boring would that have been? We'll have to get your things and start moving them in tomorrow. Once we're all settled, then we can have some fun!” Sango went on with her plans until Kagome pulled into her driveway.
 
“I'll see you bright and early tomorrow o.k.?” Sango got out and began walking to her front door.
 
“Call before you come over o.k. Sango!!”
 
Sango nodded and waved goodbye as Kagome drove across the street and into her driveway. Kagome went inside and immediately ran up to her room slamming the door. By this time tomorrow, she'd be completely independent.
 
*The next morning*
 
Kagome was off in the land of dreams that is until…
 
RING!!!
 
Kagome mumbled and turned over.
 
RING!!!
 
Kagome moaned looking at her alarm clock, “6:30?! I'm gonna kill her…”
 
RING!!!!!!
 
“Damn it Sango!!”
 
Kagome hazily made her way over to the phone, thanking God that her mother had gotten her a privet line, and picked it up.
 
“Good Morning Kagome Higirashi!! It's 6:30am on the dot and time for you to get up.”
 
“What the hell do you want?!! It's 6 frickin' am!!!”
 
“Jeez Kagome watch your language! I told you to be ready bright and early.” Sango as always sounded bright and chipper.
 
“You can't possibly be human.” Kagome groaned going to the window and in one swift motion pulled up the shade. She glared at her neighbor who was currently sitting at the window waving.
 
“Wow Kagome, when you used to complain about needing your beauty sleep, I didn't think you were serious.”
 
“Ha, Ha. You're a riot.”
 
“Oh come on. Where's your sense of humor?”
 
“At 6 in the morning? Probably with the rest of the normal people sleeping.”
 
Sango stuck her tongue out and Kagome responded,
 
“Either way Miss Sunshine,” Sango continued, “hurry your butt up and get dressed. I'll help you pack, and we'll move out.”
 
“Yeah, yeah, bite me.”
 
“Have a nice day.” Sango said wickedly hanging up and leaving the window.
 
“GRRRR!!” Kagome growled then hung up looking for some clean clothes in her closet.
 
About fifteen minutes later, she was in the kitchen running a brush through her severely mussed hair making a pot of coffee. Suddenly there was a knock on the kitchen door. Kagome looked up,
 
“Well now, who could that be?” she said sarcastically
 
Sango's face was framed in the round window, her long black hair pulled back in a perfect pony tail. Kagome sighed and went over to the door
 
“Well howdy neighbor.” She said good-naturedly her bad mood forgotten… for the moment.
 
“How do.” Sango said coming in and plopping down in a chair just as the coffee pot perked. “Oh, coffee.”
 
Kagome took out two mugs and filled one up with coffee, extra cream, and a little sugar. Then she held up the other,
 
“Want some?”
 
“Memo to you, we work in a coffee shop.”
 
Kagome rolled eyes, “Guess that would be a no.” Then she put the mug back and took a sip from hers.
 
“So, please tell me you're at least half packed.” Sango started
 
“Actually, I'm fully packed.” Kagome answered, “But unluckily for you, Miss Bright and Early, we aren't leaving till my mom and grandpa wake up.”
 
“What about Souta?”
 
“Him too.”
 
“O.k. then, when will the authority figures awaken?”
 
“Oh, about 7:30ish if we're lucky.”
 
“No!” Sango groaned, “I'll loose my get-up-and-go.”
 
“Maybe that's why you should sleep in on Saturdays.”
 
“Oh shut it. Just because you're not a morning person doesn't mean that other people can't be.”
 
Kagome opened her mouth to retort when,
 
“Good morning Kagome, Sango.” Kagome's mother Rikai Higirashi (A/N: Sorry don't know her real name) padded downstairs in her terry bathrobe and slippers.
 
“Hi Mom.” Kagome said sipping more of her coffee,
 
“Aloha Ms. Higirashi!!” Sango said saluting
 
“Girls, isn't it a bit early?” Ms. Higirashi squinted at the luminescent clock that hung next to the refrigerator.
 
“Yes!” Kagome said while Sango simultaneously said, “No!”
 
Miss Higirashi chuckled at the two best friends.
 
“Well, if you two want, you can start moving your things into the car.”
 
“Mine are already done.” Sango smiled happily
 
“You broke into my car??” Kagome stared at Sango in disbelief
 
“That is such a harsh way of putting it. I prefer the term `let myself into'.”
 
“Is there anything you can't do Sango?” Kagome asked shaking her head.
 
Sango thought, “Not that I can think of.”
 
Miss Higirashi laughed then ordered the girls to get to work.
 
*About Two hours later*
 
“Done!” Kagome slammed down the lid of the trunk.
 
“Whew!” Sango leaned against the side of the car, “And we made it all fit too.”
 
They high-fived.
 
“We are brilliant.” Sango smiled
 
The girls went back into the house for breakfast.
 
*Another hour later*
 
“O.k. Mom, we're going.” Kagome made the statement half-heartedly. No matter what she said to anyone else, she was going to miss them all.
 
“Oh honey, we're going to miss you.” Ms. Higirashi hugged her daughter tightly.
 
“See ya squirt.” Kagome said turning to her little brother Souta.
 
“Bye Sis. I'll miss you.” He answered hugging her.
 
“Kagome,” Grandpa came forward as fast as his old body would allow. “I want you to take this with you for luck. It's been in our family for generations, and well, I think it should go to you now.”
 
Kagome took the proffered with a bit of apprehension. When Grandpa handed her something along with the words `been in the family for generations', well, let's just say this, Kagome still remembered her fifteenth birthday present from Grandpa. A mummified Kappa's hand. But dutifully she opened it. She found a beautifully crafted wooden box. It was made of redwood, and had elegant geometric patters inlayed with mother-of-pearl.
 
“Oh Grandpa, it's beautiful!!” Kagome hugged the old man lovingly.
 
He chuckled, “It's not the box Kagome, it's what's in the box.”
 
Kagome stepped back, and with a puzzled look on her face, she opened the beautiful box. Inside, a perfectly round pink jewel glittered up at her hung on a simple chain.
 
“Oh…” Kagome took out the necklace. It sparkled in the sun an almost translucent pink.
 
“This is called the Shikon no Tama. Take good care of it Kagome.”
 
“I will Grandpa.” Kagome answered removing the simple silver heart-shaped necklace and replacing it with the jewel.
 
They stood there looking at one another until…
 
“Grandpa, I love you.” Kagome hugged the old man tightly in a sudden fit of emotion.
 
“I love you too Kagome.” He answered hugging her back with surprising strength.
 
They let go of each other after a few minutes
 
“Bye Gramps.” Kagome said quietly getting in the car. Sango came from across the street after saying goodbye to her father and brother, Kohaku. They both fastened their seatbelts and rolled down the windows.
 
“Bye everyone!” they called
 
“See you at break!” Kagome called
 
“Kohaku, you better not forget to feed Kirara!” Sango called to her brother.
 
With that, the girls pulled out of the driveway and drove off down the street.
 
 
Isis: Ta Da!! A new chapter!!
 
Everyone except Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru: YAY!!
 
Isis: What's wrong with you two?
 
Inuyasha: As I've said before, I don't like this fic. I've read your plans for this, it is totally dumb!
 
Isis: O.O
 
Inuyasha: Why are you so surprised?
 
Isis: *shrugs* I didn't know you could read.
 
Inuyasha: WHAT!!!? *runs at her with Tetsusaiga drawn*
 
Isis: *easily dodges and slaps Inuyasha over the head* Oh stop. I'm not trying to call you stupid.
 
Inuyasha: Whatever bitch! Prepare to die!! *runs at her again*
 
Isis: -.-;
 
Miroku: Technically Inuyasha she is a bitch. She's a female dog-wolf demon.
 
Isis: *clunks Inuyasha on the head knocking him out*
 
Inuyasha: @.@
 
Isis: Anyway, what's your problem Sesshoumaru?
 
Sesshou: Am I even going to be in this story?
 
Isis: Of course you are. *mutters* Just not as big a part as you'd probably like.
 
Sesshou: *glare*
 
Isis: But don't worry, it'll be an important part.
 
Sesshou: *is satisfied*
 
Isis: I think that's it. I'll try to get the next chapter out soon.
 
Inuyasha: Gah! *starts to wake rubbing his poor head* Ow. What hit me?
 
Isis: ^__^; hehe. That'd be me.
 
Inuyasha: Where'd you learn to hit so hard?
 
Isis: *shrug* Your brother.
 
Sesshoumaru: You've learned well my student. But now time to get back to your training.
 
Isis: O.O NO!! *starts to run but is picked up by Sesshou and thrown over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes* Have mercy Sesshoumaru!!!
 
Sesshou: *shakes his head* You need to learn.
 
Isis: Help…