InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Admit Your Love ❯ Swallowing Pride and Thoughts of Past to Present ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank you for all the kind reviews and I hope to get many more. Don't have anything to say really so on with the disclaimer.

Disclaimer:

FB05: I have a new anime friend yay *cheers*

Miroku: But lady Lauren I thought we were your friends *frown*

FB05: You are but if I talk to you all the time people will think I'm crazy

Miroku: Still I will miss you *moves in for hug and gropes butt*

FB05: You perv!! *hits monk* Do the disclaimer before I hit you again

Miroku: Lady Lauren doesn't own Inuyasha but she is very soft

FB05: *slaps monk* HENTAI!!!

Admit your Love

Chapter 4: Swallowing Pride and Thoughts of Past to Present

Sesshomaru walked the rest of the way to the house with a sleeping Kahari. He carried her all the way to her room and laid her on the bed and put the covers over her. Then gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"Domo arigato, she needed a nap," came Kagome's voice from behind him.

He turned to face her and she told him about Rin's condition without him having to ask.

"I have been waiting for you. Rin-Chan will be fine I Fixed her up good and gave her some herbs for the pain but she's still unconscious," she said quietly as not to wake up Kahari.

"Arigato Kagome-chan for helping Rin," he said while slightly bowing his head.

"No thanks necessary she is like a younger sister to me, come on she's in the guest room," she said leading him to the next room. He followed her to the guest room where Rin often slept when she stayed overnight. It was a nice sized room with a twin-sized bed in the middle of the room under a window. There were two chairs in the room one old high back wooden one and a big red plush chair that both sat against the wall on opposites sides of the room. There was a small wooden nightstand on the right side of the bed. A small closet like dresser stood next to the red chair on the left side of the room. Rin lay on her stomach with white sheets pulled up over her as she slept.

"Can I stay until she wakes?" He asked swallowing his pride he needed to stay with her he didn't know why but he did and he wasn't exactly fond of asking any more favors for the day.

"Nani?!" She asked in disbelief.

His heart fell thinking that he knew what her answer would be but instead she said, "I insist that you stay until she feels better. You know that you are always welcomed here," giving him a big bright smile.

"How can I ever repay you?" He asked.

"For starters you can join us for dinner every night that you are here," she said thoughtfully.

"Of course," he said.

"I will think of other things you can do later but now I have to get dinner ready," Kagome said with a mischievous grin and she walked away towards the kitchen. He had no idea what she meant but he was a little scared at the thought.

He pulled up the old high back wooden chair and placed it on the left side of the bed near her head. He sat there and stared at her for a while then when the open window blew hair in her face he instinctively tucked the hair behind her ear but he didn't stop. He continued to stroke her long black hair with his slender clawed hand.

"It will all be fine from now on I will always protect you," he found himself saying to the unconscious form that was Rin.

'Kami her hair is soft and she smells wonderful,' he thought as his sensitive nose was going crazy taking in big whiffs of her scent that he knew all too well.

'She smells like flowers lots of flowers, grass in an open field and peaches her most favorite food in the world,' he thought mentally chuckling and the last part.

'I told her if she kept eating so many peaches she would turn into one. In a way that's true,' he remembered telling her one day. He even remembered the surprised smile she gave him for the joke he made.

'She smells so good. Kagome must have washed her up some because she no longer wreaked of blood and sweat now she smells heavenly,' he thought letting out a happy sigh. His mind took a turn in a totally different direction after realizing what he had just been thinking.

'Why I am I thinking these things? I am starting to think like that monk Miroku, okay maybe not that bad. Am I starting to like her? When did I Lord Sesshomaru of the western lands get soft about Rin?' He was thinking but already knowing the answer.

'Ever since I saved her with Tenseiga and over the years she has unknowingly worked on my heart. About a year after Naraku's defeat she had even convinced me to visit Kagome with her and he couldn't help but get close and soon they were like friends in a way. Inuyasha and I could even tolerate each other for a short period of time. It did help that he would end up getting sat just about every time he came over it did serve to amuse me well. When Kahari was born I adored the little child and came to visit with Rin just to see her but that I would never tell a living soul that. I even became close to that hentai monk, Miroku, the demon exterminator, Sango, who got married, and the kitsune pup, Shippou. They were kind of wary of me at first but they soon came around,' he reflected.

'When Rin and I are alone in the manor we talk holding short but meaningful conversations now that she was older. Sometimes we'd sit silently and read together. Her favorite though was going to the fields and picking flowers as I watched her, placing the occasional flower behind her ear or in her hair. She still surprises me every time she places the occasional vibrant colored flower behind my pointed ear. She even joins me on my balcony at nights. When she was younger it was because of nightmares now it was because- actually now that I think about it I don't know why she joined him these days maybe just for the company, always hugging and nuzzling into my chest as way of saying goodnight before heading of to bed. I like the attention she gives me and the time that we spend together now that I think about it. Do I love her?!' He thought the last lines in surprise.

Review Responses:

Anhimals: I'm glad you enjoyed my story and I'm sure you write fine.

Ariva: Thank you for reviewing. Sorry it took me so long to update but stuff got in the way

Sekai Jaganshi: Thank you I tried to get her to sound cute. Now that I think about it your right that is how the first chapter is battle (kinda), kiss, faint. LoL

Yay another chapter finished. Sorry it took so long to post this but couldn't get to a computer. Please don't be mad. I will try to get another chapter done by the end of the weekend but no guarantee seeing as I type really slowly. I hope you enjoyed this. Damn doesn't sessy think too much, there will probably be a many chapter like this one. For yu yu hakusho fans that like Hiei/Kurama please check out the poem I wrote. Thank You and come again.

Now please click the little review button at the bottom of the screen so I can see your wonderful thoughts on my story.

BUH-BYE,

FluffysBijin05 (ff)

Sango16 (mm)