InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Afterward ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

While everybody was asleep Inuyasha, Kikyou, and Sesshomaru stayed awake watching each other. Sesshomaru told Inuyasha after a while that he should sleep if he wanted to regain strength. He had grudgingly agreed which left Kikyou and Sesshomaru awake and on edge.

Kikyou- So. You are the brother of Inuyasha. Why are you so interested in him and his life?

Sesshomaru- If you must know why I'm interested, the reason is that I want his sword that was made of my father's fang. As for why I'm involved in his life, it is because both of you intrigue me, and I was wondering which of you he had chosen. I also have a question. How can you still be alive when I know that the priestess Kikyou died almost fifty years ago?

Kikyou- He has chosen her. He has not said it yet but I know it will not be me.

As if to prove her point Inuyasha sleepily moved closer to Kagome.

Kikyou- As for your question I am alive because I found the spell that gave me my body and found a way to complete it without the use of that girl's soul.

Sesshomaru- What will you do then? I am sure your skills could be used anywhere, and you are attractive for a human and probably have a choice of men to have a life with. There are many things that you could do with your life.

Kikyou- Yes, I'm sure your right, but I've spent much of my life and death in love with him or trying to kill him which makes it hard to move on.

Sesshomaru- Well, I'm glad I met you. I thought I was one of the few individuals who wanted to kill him for reasons other than the jewel.

They both decided that one would not kill the other and went to sleep.

1 year Later (I know lame, but I don't like really long stories)

Kagome still had not decided what to with the jewel. She had planed to use it to make Inuyasha human, but he didn't want to use it at all, yet. Nobody else besides demons wanted to use it. She had been going back less than before, but since it was her summer vacation she planned to stay there until it was time for her to go to school.

She went back through the well and decided to go on a walk. She had not asked him but Inuyasha was not far behind her. She was about to go into the clearing when she noticed two other figures already there. She looked at Inuyasha and mouthed to him to be quiet. They got closer so they could see whom the people were. When they saw that it was Sesshomaru and Kikyou they almost fell down in shock. Despite their less than graceful actions the couple being spied on didn't seem to notice.

Kikyou- It would seem that your brother is at full strength. Do you agree? I wonder why you have not challenged him for his sword. Care to enlighten me?

Sesshomaru- Yes, he is at full strength. Also, you already know my reason for not challenging my brother. If you don't you are not as smart as I thought.

He then bent down and kissed her forehead and flew off. Inuyasha and Kagome had seen the entire scene and he was astonished to say the least. Kagome said, "Well, I'm not surprised. Inuyasha, why else would Sesshomaru be hanging around?"

Inuyasha thought of that statement as he leapt though the trees. He eventually found his brother.

Inuyasha- So, that explains why you haven't challenged me. I thought you hated humans.

Sesshomaru- That is not completely true. I hate weak humans and those who run in fear of me, but she is neither.

Inuyasha left Sesshomaru to his thoughts. He decided that since his brother had left he might as well leave.