InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ All I have: Two Months ❯ Discovery ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Oh and just a note, I'm changing the thoughts from `this' to this.
 
 
 
 
Chapter Ten: Discovery
 
I want to sleep the dream of the apples
To withdraw from the tumult of centuries
I want to sleep the dream of that child
Who wanted to cut his heart out on the high seas”
Excerpt from Gacela of the Dark Death
By: Federico García Lorca
 
 
 
Kagome smiled as she snuggled into Inuyasha. They had played their little tag for about an hour before finally giving up. Kagome was happy, seeing how day one had turned out. She was trying very hard to stay awake, for fear if she fell asleep she would miss the next three days. When she really thought about it, it wasn't going to sleep that she feared the most. Her greatest fear was Inuyasha saying those words that she so badly wanted to hear for so long.
 
It's funny now that I think about it. I wanted for so long to hear those words, but now that it may become a reality, I don't want to hear them. I know he won't say them, but what if he does? What am I going to do? I can't go on loving him. I can't play him along like this, it'll only hurt him more in the end, she thought. She yawned causing Inuyasha's ears to twitch a little. Just a little nap, that won't hurt anything. With that she fell asleep, into a deep sleep yet again. In the arms of the man she loves, she fell into a sleep that would change her life.
 
Fog wrapped around Kagome's mind as she realized where she was going. Back to meet them. A tear fell down her cheek, for all she knew her time was up. One day was all she had with him. One day. That's hardly enough when the words that should pass between two people never do. Kagome couldn't help it. She began to cry. Tears streamed down her face and wracked her whole body. She cried like she did the day her father died.
 
All of a sudden she felt very weak. Weaker than she ever did before. She began to go dizzy, a feeling rarely felt in dreams. She began to hurt, like her reality was seeping into her dreams. She felt the full effect of her cancer hit her harder than it ever hit before.
 
“I'm sorry Kagome. I wasn't allowed to keep the pain from you anymore. I've been doing that you know, keeping the pain from you. I put a shield around you so you wouldn't feel it, but I can't anymore. Not if I'm to do this. Kagome, I am sorry, but you just need to trust me,” Ai appeared at Kagome's side and placed a long hand on her shoulder.
 
“What are you talking about? Why am I here?! I have three more days don't I?! DON'T I?!” Kagome screamed. Ai shook her head, her long hair gently swaying back and forth behind her.
 
“You can't. In three days you will be forced to give up Inuyasha, but you can't do that. I can't let you do that. Kagome, as long as you love, Death cannot take you. He is a sadistic bastard, and he will stop at nothing to make your life hell,” she pulled Kagome up and brushed her off. Kagome's body was limp, weak from finally feeling the effects of the cancer.
 
“What do you mean?” Kagome choked out. Yelling had taken a lot more out of her than she thought it would. She was very upset, but a glimmer of hope shined in her heart. Something that Ai said.
 
“Our superior put me in charge of your life, because your destiny has yet to be fulfilled. Death wanted you. In the underworld a priestess of your caliber would bring in a hefty prize. I was in charge of your life because you love so deeply. Apparently, Death had a meeting with Naraku after I expelled him from here and discussed a way for the two of them to get what they want. Death tricked me into thinking he cared. In all honesty, he was using me to get to you. I am ashamed to say that in a moment of sweet talking, I told him what I had chosen for your sacrifice,” at this point Ai took Kagome's hand and squeezed it. “I'm so sorry Kagome.”
 
“He took that information and counseled with Naraku on a way to satisfy them both. He knew that you loved Inuyasha and wouldn't sacrifice it unless the other was greater. He knew the only thing more important to you than Inuyasha is your duty to your friends. Then he made that sacrifice for you. He tricked us. I just recently found out. Kagome I'm sorry, I never meant for this to happen to you. I hope you can forgive me,” Ai looked pleadingly into Kagome's eyes. Tears formed in both of the women's eyes as they let what passed between them sink in. It was a while before Kagome spoke.
 
“I forgive you Ai. I know it's not your fault. But, what can I do now? It's all over right; I'll just go with Death anyway then,” Kagome spoke so softly Ai barely heard her. Ai shook her head and squeezed Kagome's hand.
 
“There is another way,” she whispered. Kagome's eyes lit up, and that little hope stirring in her soul bounced up and down like it was given a bag full of chocolate. “You have been having dreams of you and Inuyasha right.”
 
“Yeah,” Kagome reluctantly admitted aloud. Ai smiled and knelt down before Kagome.
 
“Good, I can't tell you what I'm going to do, but I hope you like it,” Ai waved her hand around Kagome and she began to feel funny. All of a sudden her world was rapidly changing around her. It was becoming filled with reds and gold. She blinked her eyes as she realized she was once again on the mountain in her dreams.
 
“Hello Kagome,” a deep sweet voice came from behind her as strong arms wrapped themselves around her waist.
 
---With Inuyasha---
 
“Kagome! Kagome!” Inuyasha screamed as he shook the limp form of his love. They had curled up for a little rest after playing “tag” when he noticed that her breathing had changed. When he woke up to look down at her face, she wasn't breathing at all. He started shaking her, afraid that she had died. He was so afraid that the cancer had taken her before he got the chance to say how he really felt.
 
“Kagome, Kagome I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner. Kagome I love you. Please come back to me, please,” he begged as the tears flowed down his cheeks to her limp form. He perked up hearing footsteps.
 
“That was so sweet. Very sad, but still sweet,” a sweetly beautiful voice came from in front of him. He looked up to see a beautiful woman standing there. She had long blonde hair that dropped down to her knees. Roses had been entwined within a few strands of the hair. Her eyes were a soft pink; her skin milky white. She was very beautiful.
 
“Are…are you a goddess?” Inuyasha stammered. The woman laughed and knelt down beside where he sat. Her long white gown flowed gently wherever she moved. Her clothes, her stature, her hair, everything about her were not from this world.
 
“No, I am a spirit. My name is Ai, and I am the Spirit of Love,” her voice was like soft velvet on Inuyasha's ears. He liked it, but it wasn't anything like his Kagome's.
 
“Why are you here?” he asked, trying not to be rude. She lifted a long hand up to Kagome's face and wiped away a strand of hair.
 
“She is not dead. She is asleep. She is going on a very big journey from which she might possibly not return. Don't fret Inuyasha, Kagome is strong and she'll make it,” Ai explained. She sat with him and explained everything to him. The deal, the deceit, every little detail that he wasn't supposed to know.
 
All the while they were talking; Kagome was undertaking a journey more deadly than anything she had ever taken before. For what she didn't know, she only had three days to come back before she died.