InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ All I have: Two Months ❯ Grown Up Tag ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
Chapter Nine: Grown Up Tag
 
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
Alfred Tennyson
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome awoke to find that the ground beneath her was moving. She squeezed her hands around some light material and snapped her eyes open. This was the second time she has awaked in Inuyasha's arms. She lifted her head up and placed her chin on his shoulder. Inuyasha's silver hair had already slapped her in the face a couple times, she was tired and didn't want to deal with that.
 
“Morning wench,” he smiled and handed her a rice cake. She looked at it and shrugged. It was better than nothing. She began to nibble on it a bit when she noticed Shippo wasn't anywhere to be seen.
 
“Where's Shippo?” she took a chunk out of the cake and nearly slipped. Inuyasha tightened his grip around legs and pulled her closer to him.
 
“Gone with the wind,” he muttered. Kagome looked at him, confusion written all over her face. He laughed a little. “Really, Ai absolutely loves that damned movie. I can't see why.” Kagome's eyes widened in fear.
 
“Death?” she mumbled. “Inuyasha” turned his head towards her and smirked. He simply continued on.
 
“In your lover boy's flesh. I love being able to possess bodies. Especially demons, it kind of gets back at the whole demonic possessions of humans don't you think? Oh well, you probably don't find this funny at all do you Kags?” Inu-Death laughed. Kagome was simply annoyed. It was not a dream, it was worse. Dreams she could pretend didn't exist.
 
“What have you done with my friends?” Kagome squirmed. She had just realized that the person holding her so tightly on their back was not Inuyasha, but the one being she didn't want to have anything to do with.
 
“The monk, demon slayer, fox kit, and damned little cat took off this morning. Sango, I think that's her name, decided to give you and Inuyasha some alone time. That's when he packed you on his back and took off,” Inu-Death shifted Kagome a little causing her to cling for dear life. What she was clinging to, she still was unsure of.
 
“Please be careful! I'm falling here!” Kagome screeched. Inuyasha's hands clamped even tighter around her legs as they pulled her higher on his back and closer to him.
 
“I am not in control of his body, sadly Ai refused to let me do that. As far as your little lover boy is concerned here, you are sound asleep on his back. I'm just invading a little to have a nice friendly chat with you,” Death laughed a little. Kagome peered over to get a look at Inuyasha's face. His lips weren't moving or anything. `Great, now I'm hearing things!'
 
“Ok, why couldn't Ai come?” Kagome rested her head on Inuyasha's back and sighed a little.
 
“She didn't want to risk the monk. Honestly, if I were a beautiful woman, I wouldn't want to be near that womanizer either,” Kagome could hear the dislike in Death's beautiful voice. She couldn't help but giggle a little.
 
“I thought you couldn't be seen,” she asked as Inuyasha slowed his pace to a stop. He sat her down on a nice clump of grass and relaxed beside her.
 
“I can't, but I can be sensed sometimes. I do have an actual body. Miroku, in all his lecherous glory, would have probably sensed Ai here and tackled the nearest woman to the ground. Kirara, she sensed me. Damn that little cat bites hard!” Inuyasha's face smirked. Kagome didn't really know which one was smirking, Death or Inuyasha. She didn't really care, either way it was cute.
 
“So what do you want to talk to me about?” Kagome sighed. She was slowly getting used to these talks with Death. Scary as that may seem.
 
“Just wanted to see how the progress was going,” Death didn't sound amused. He sounded like he was extremely bored with having to talk to Kagome.
 
“You just left me a few hours ago,” Kagome closed her eyes and tried to picture Death's face. Sadly, all she could picture was his eyes.
 
“Not really, you see. Since you left Sango, you've been asleep for three days. Inuyasha convinced every not to worry, that it was a way to fight the cancer or whatever,” Kagome tried to imagine Death's grimace, the one he had whenever something didn't go his way. Kagome sat up shocked.
 
“THREE DAYS!” she screamed. Inuyasha's ears twitched and he opened his eyes to peer down at Kagome. He closed them again and sighed.
 
“Shut up with the big mouth will you! You'll wake him from his trance. Now listen, the doctor's in your time told your mother something important that I must tell you or else I will have to spend a night on a love boat with Ai. You see, you have a brain cancer that is going to affect your sleep. You will become very tired very often and you will not be able to come out of your sleeps on your own. It's already taken a hold on you,” Death droned on, but Kagome didn't listen. She will not be able to awake on her own. Is that so bad?
 
She sighed and opened her eyes to look up at the sky. It was a beautiful blue. Three days she had been sleeping, so in four more, they will want their answer. She cannot sleep if she wants to do this with Inuyasha. Perhaps if she were to…
 
“Death!” she called. Death stopped and she could feel cold blue eyes staring at her from someplace.
 
“Yes,” the cold, yet beautiful voice replied. Kagome closed her eyes and could clearly see Death and Ai watching her.
 
“I have made my choice, but I don't want it to go into affect till after the week is up ok,” she demanded. She looked as a deadly smirk appeared on Death's face. Ai's smile turned into a look of complete seriousness.
 
“As you wish it. Tell me, what is your choice?” Venom that was the sound of his voice. It had turned into sweet venom that pierced Kagome's heart.
 
She turned her full attention to Inuyasha. His eyes were closed, but he was more alert than ever. Tears formed in those chocolate eyes of Kagome's as she lifted herself up from the ground and crawled over to where Inuyasha sat. She touched his skin ever so softly as she let the teardrops fall. Her choice was clear, but she will not let anything ruin her four days with Inuyasha. She brought herself to his face and gave him an innocent kiss, one of the last they'll ever share.
 
“I give up my love for Inuyasha, on the terms I can stay by his side and still journey to gather the jewel shards,” she choked the words out. She closed her eyes and saw Ai's small broken smile and Death's nasty smirk.
 
“Of course! Yes, we will allow it and…”
 
“And you will not bother me or my friend's again!” Kagome screamed at Death.
 
“Kagome what's wrong?!” a very concerned half demon was immediately at her side. Although the trance Inuyasha was in had broken, she still heard the reply.
 
“Yes little priestess, we won't bother you guys again.”
 
“You are a dirty old PIG! I hate you! You filthy, rotten…being a woman of love I can't say what I really think of you!” she heard Ai's voice ring out.
 
“Nothing's wrong. I'm fine, don't worry about it. So what do you want to do today Inuyasha?” she smiled at him. Confused, yet very happy that she was alive, he just smiled and hugged her.
 
888Many miles away with our bickering unlikely lovers888
 
“You are a filthy pig! I can't believe that you would do such a thing to that girl!” Ai screamed as she waylaid Death.
 
“What?! I merely let her answer! I didn't do anything!” he screamed. Ai reared back and punched him in the jaw.
 
“RIGHT AND I'M MARRIED TO THE EASTER BUNNY!” she screamed. Death, who would have laughed at this, fell to the ground from the blow delivered by love.
 
“I thought you were a woman of love! I thought you were a pacifist!” he screamed back at her. She waved her hands and a very throne-like chair appeared in front of her. In an instant she turned to look like a Greek goddess. Death was more afraid than he had ever been in his life.
 
“My dear sweet little friend, you will regret the day that you EVER angered me!” her voice was no longer sweet and beautiful, but powerful and vengeful. He was afraid. Very afraid.
 
In a split second, all those Death had taken while he was human stood before him. Legions of men angered at the sight of the powerful man before them. Death cowered in fear, something he would never do in his life. Ai raised her hand and spoke a single word, “Beg.” With that, she brought down her arm and screams could be heard from miles away.
 
888Back with Inuyasha888
 
“So, where is everybody?” Kagome asked sweetly. Inuyasha shrugged as turned a rabbit over and over on the flame.
 
“Gone to Kaede's. Don't know why though,” he answered. Kagome looked up at the man she had fallen in love with.
 
`I only have four days. Now is as good a time as any,' she thought as she walked over to Inuyasha. He was kindly fixing her lunch when she pounced on him and gave him a quick kiss.
 
“What was that for?!” he cried, his face as red as could be. She giggled.
 
“Your it!” She cried and got up to run. Inuyasha stood up and stared at her with a look of pure confusion written all over his face.
 
“That's not like the tag you and Shippo play,” he innocently said. Kagome gave him a smirked at him and replied.
 
“Nope, this is grown up tag!” Before she could say anything else, Inuyasha had her pinned to the ground and gave her a soft kiss.
 
“Ya know, I think I might like this game,” he smiled wickedly as he leaned down in her ear and spoke so softly, “Your it.”