InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Android Inuyasha ❯ Friends ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Android Inuyasha

*~*~*

A/n- I haven't been posting lately due to a certain reviewer on MM.org (Grrr) but I feel better now!! ^_^

Disclaimer- (This is going to be in all caps and all bold for one reviewer who obviously didn't read it) I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA OR KIKAIDER.

*~*~*

Chapter Eight

Blue Moons, Red Dreams

(Aka, Friends)

"Ow!!" Miroku winced, holding his head in his hands. Sango, who had come to the Higurashi residence via Souta calling her, placed a cold compress on his head before sitting across from him.

"Don't sit up. You were hit pretty hard," Sango ordered. Miroku laid back onto the couch, and sighed. "Whoever that hit you took Kagome, didn't it?"

"Yes... I'm just worried about her safety right now. Inu doesn't even know if she's taken or not..." Miroku was cut off with a slap (complements to Sango). "Ow! What was that for?!"

"You're going to make Souta even more worried than he already is!" She said, in a hushed whisper. Miroku looked over the couch to see Souta standing loyally (Is that a word?) at the front window, hoping for a view of Kagome or Inu... or maybe both?

Suddenly, a gasp from Souta caught their attentions. Miroku got up first and ran to the window, followed by Sango. They saw a faint light in the distance, and the three ran outside.

"Is it them...?" Miroku asked, as a yellow motorbike drove up and stopped next to them. In the seat next to the motorbike (y'kno, one of those little tiny one-person cars that are put on the side of motorcycles?) sat Kagome, and driving the motorbike was Inu.

"You're back!!" Souta yelled, hugging both of them. "Don't go away again!!" He hugged his sister tightly. Kagome was too busy hugging him back to notice Inu give the two of them a soft look before looking at the two detectives.

*~*~*

They all put Souta to sleep, and then walked downstairs to tell what happened to Inu and Kagome. After spilling the story with Taigokumaru, the group was put in an awkward silence.

"So... someone named... Sesshomaru is after you?" Sango asked. Kagome nodded. "And you found out... that your mother..."

"Yes," She stopped the detective from finishing. "I found a picture, though. It could be of some help." She pulled out a slightly yellowed picture of a little Kagome, her father, and her mother. "That's me and my parents... at our summer home before Souta was born." Inu was silent when the picture was passed to him.

"Did you want to go there?" Inu finally asked. Kagome nodded.

"If anything, it might jar a few memories," She said. "We'd better go before Souta wakes. He might try and come with us." Inu nodded, and the two started to the door.

"What are we supposed to do?" Miroku and Sango asked.

"Take Souta to your office. We'll send the directions to the cabin when we reach there," Kagome explained, and Inu and herself walked out of the house, and driving away in the motorbike.

*~*~*

By the time they reached the cabin, it was nearly nightfall, and Kagome was feeling very tired. She yawned when she walked inside, Inu right behind her.

"I'll call Miroku about where we are and then I'll go to sleep, all right?" She asked the android. Inu nodded, and watched her pick up the phone. "Moshi moshi? Oh, hello, Miroku! I just called to tell you..."

*~*~*

Miroku and Sango quickly swore to God that Souta was the worst child on the face of the earth. It took them nearly an hour to quiet him down when they reached the detective agency, and it was only when they fed him Sango's cakes.

"Uh huh... all right... be there in a few days... bye," Miroku said on the phone. Souta had listened to the entire one-sided conversation, and watched Miroku write down directions, before ripping the page, and putting on an overcoat. "Sango! I'll be gone for a little bit."

"All right, I'll be here with Souta," Sango replied, coming from the kitchen. Miroku walked out, and Sango said something about fixing dinner. Souta grinned when he was finally alone. He dashed to Miroku's desk, and picked up the pad of paper he had been writing on. Taking a pencil from Miroku's desk, he used his "spy" skills one friend at school taught him.

He rubbed the tip of the pencil across the paper until the outline of Miroku's writing showed up. (A/n- when you write on a pad of paper, if you write down hard on the paper, there's an imprint of what you wrote on the next paper.) Souta grinned, and, ripping the paper off, he ran out of the agency, while Sango was still in the kitchen.

*~*~*

The next day, Kagome and Inu decided to go for a walk.

"I remember something," She said. "But I'm sure a walk with jar the memory." They walked through the surrounding forest, until they reached a small shore, where a lot of rocks were. It was sunset. "I.. remember this place... when I was a child, my mother walked over here... I remember what she said... 'I want to go back to where I used to live... when or if I can...' and she told me where it was at too." Kagome pointed to where the sun was going down between two mountain peaks. "She said to follow the sunset, and I could find her old town."

"You don't think... maybe she ran off to that town, do you?" Inu asked. Kagome shrugged. "We could go over there tomorrow on the motorbike, if you wanted." Kagome looked over at him, and smiled. Suddenly, he took off his blue jacket, and placed it over Kagome's shoulders. She blushed. "It's getting a little colder, I don't want you to get cold." She smiled again. "Come on, it's getting dark."

Kagome followed him, before taking another look at the mountains in the distance.

*~*~*

Souta got off of the train, and, now confused, asked a nearby policeman for more directions. He didn't notice two figures in the distance.

"Is that him?" One asked.

"Yes, Dr. Onigumo said to follow him," The other answered.

*~*~*

Souta was in the forest, when he felt a pang of fright. He had no idea where he was! He sighed, and turned around. Maybe he could find...

Uh oh. A bear was right behind him, raised on his hind legs. Souta started screaming, and was about to start running when he heard two raised voices.

"Don't be afraid of him," One said. He came out into the small amount of forest light.

"He won't hurt you," The other finished, coming out of the brush.

"W-w-who are you?" Souta asked.

"I am Juuroumaru," The first answered.

"And I am Kageroumaru," The other answered. "Who are you?"
"S-Souta Higurashi," Souta answered. "What are you doing here?"

"We're looking for someone," Kageroumaru answered.

"Oh, I am too! Do you think you can help me through the forest?" Souta asked. Kageroumaru and Juuroumaru nodded, and the four made their way through the forest.

*~*~*

After a while of searching, Souta decided to talk with the two people he met.

"So, do you have any friends?" Souta asked.

"Friends..?" Juuroumaru asked.

"What are friends?" Kageroumaru asked.

"People you play around with," Souta answered.

"Oh, then we do not have any friends," Juuroumaru answered.

"We could be friends," Souta offered. "Whattya say?" The two people with him nodded, and he beamed. "Oh, look! There's their cabin!" He didn't notice the look exchanged by Juuroumaru nor Kageroumaru at all.

*~*~*

"Nani?! He did what?!" Kagome exclaimed on the phone. The minute she and Inu had returned from the coast, the phone had rung. "He ran off?!"

"Yes, we think he ran to where you are," Sango replied on the phone. "Miroku's looking for him over here."

"All right... we'll look. Arigatou, Sango," Kagome answered, hanging up. She looked up at Inu. "Souta... ran away..."

"Let's look for him," Inu said, and the two ran outside, where Souta was already. "Souta?"

"Oh, hey guys! Why'd ya leave me?" He asked. The two adults didn't answer. "Anyway, these are my new friends, Juuroumaru and Kageroumaru!"

"Inuyasha. Our orders were to find you... and the humans you resided with," Juuroumaru said.

"And to destroy you and kill them," Kageroumaru finished. Souta gasped. "Don't make us need to kill them."

"Souta, get back," Inu said.

"No! Don't fight them! They're my friends!" Souta yelled.

"Get back, Souta!!" Kagome yelled. "Come here!!" Souta ignored them, especially when Juuroumaru and Kageroumaru broke apart into metal pieces and united onto the body of the bear, which happened to be an android.

"They're... androids...?" Souta whispered.

"Fight us, Inuyasha!" Juuroumaru demanded. "Or else we'll have to kill the humans!"

"No, I'm your friend!" Souta yelled. The now-united bear looked at Souta for a minute before speaking.

"Then make Inuyasha fight us."

Inu braced himself for an attack from the two androids, and punched through the metal of the bear. The parts of Juuroumaru and Kageroumaru broke apart when the metallic bear blew up. Juuroumaru and Kageroumaru turned back into their normal forms before they blew up themselves.

Souta stood by his sister until he ran up to Inu, and started punching the android in the stomach.

"I told you not to fight them!! I told you!" He said, crying. Inu felt what could only be described as guilt as the boy continued punching him. "They were my friends!!"

*~*~*

A/n- Longer chapter!! ^_^ Sorry about the wait, as I said before, a really rude reviewer on Mediaminer.org really ticked me off, and I wasn't typing anything until I calmed down.

Review Replies-

LoLo- At first, when I watched Kikaider, it wasn't so thrilling because it wasn't as good in animation that I was used to, and I'm not a big Sci-fi fan myself. Thank you for reviewing!! ^_^

Jc 2172- Ahem. For one thing, you misspelled Kikaider. It's not "Kikaidia". Another thing, I am not committing copyright infrigement. Excuse me, but does anyone on Mediaminer or Fanfiction.net actually own the things they write about? No, they don't. So please, don't accuse me of committing it. And you're just sounding stupider by repeating your flame again. If you have so much time saying a person "sucks", then why don't you write your own fic? Hmm?

Inya- Arigatoouuu!! ^_^ Once I read your review, it helped me calm down by that flamer! Thank you!!

Thank you, Laura!!