InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Android Inuyasha ❯ Afterglow of Regret ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Android Inuyasha

Disclaimer- * Sigh * I do not own Inuyasha or * sigh * Kikaider.

Chapter Seven

The Afterglow of Regret

She didn't notice Taigokumaru walk up next to her until he surprised her by speaking.

"You can't possibly believe that that android loves you, you know," He said. Kagome turned, and glared at him. "For you cannot love him in return. He's just a machine, incapable of love or anything like that."

"You're lying," Kagome said. "You don't know..." She stopped herself.

"See? You don't even know. Why don't you just let Inuyasha die... oh, wait. He can't die, especially since he's never actually lived," Taigokumaru answered. He walked away, leaving Kagome in an abandoned hallway, to cry.

O_o

Kagome searched her old home, and found a book labeled, "Diary". She opened it, and gasped. It was her father's. Maybe it'd have information about the "Gemini" and her half-brother, Ichiro? She immediately started reading. Turning a page, there was a picture of a tall boy around her age, along with her father. She turned it over, and read, "Ichiro and Toto-sai". She gasped, and read the entry along with it.

-Diary Entry-

Today, Ichiro and I have been working on the new android. I want to call it Kagura. It's highly beautiful for an android. Ichiro made a joke saying that if Kagura was actually a living girl, he'd probably fall for her. I wouldn't blame him.

But... when we were in the process of making Kagura "come to life", some sort of odd electrical explosion happened, exactly where Ichiro was. The voltage killed him. My son. He died that day.

-End of Entry-

"So... he died because of creating an android... but when did he find my mother and Dr. Onigumo?" She asked herself, shuffling through the diary, until she reached the entry about Ichiro's funeral.

-Diary Entry-

That day, it felt like a weight was placed even more on my shoulders. First... my wife. And then... my son. I felt horrible. Suddenly, it started raining, but with all of my sorrow, I couldn't feel a single drop. Suddenly, a shadow was cast over my shoulders, and I turned, seeing a beautiful woman behind me, smiling softly. I then noticed a man with curly hair pulled back into a ponytail.

"I am Doctor Naraku Onigumo," He introduced. "I knew your son when he went abroad to Germany. I'm sorry for your loss, Dr. Higurashi. Your son didn't deserve such a death. Would you like to go somewhere out of the rain?"

Somehow, I relented, and went with the man and the woman to a cafe, where he showed me papers written by Ichiro in German.

"These... are from Ichiro?" I asked. Naraku nodded. "I... don't know..."

"I have a proposition, Dr. Higurashi. I know you are making robots... oh, sorry, androids. I can fund your projects for you," Naraku offered.

"I don't know..." I whispered. I looked up at the woman, who I guessed was Naraku's wife. Suddenly, I accidentally kicked her leg under the table. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Onigumo."

She giggled. "I'm not his wife."

"Oh, I'm sorry about not introducing you two. This is Akane, my personal secretary..."

-End of Entry-

"So that's how they met," She whispered. Kagome continued reading until one entry struck her interest. It was about her mother's disappearance.

-Diary Entry-

Akane... lied to me. She's a spy for that Naraku! She spied on everything I did, and told him! And I trusted her with my life! The love of my life, the mother of my two children... she lied to me! She was just a pawn for Naraku!!

I swear on my Ichiro's grave, that he will never ever get any of my machines or projects.

-End of Entry-

"Mama... was a spy?" Kagome whispered. She felt her chest constrict, and she collapsed on the floor. She didn't notice the red eyes of Taigokumaru watch her. Nor did she feel anyone pick her up.

O_o

Inu was nearly there... he saw a small gravesite surrounding an old, beat-up house. Kagome had to be in there. And he had to protect her. He wasn't going to transform... he was too ashamed of that form. He sighed, and walked on, until...

Three metal crosses that were in the ground flew into the air, ready to strike him. He ducked, and fell into a coffin.

O_o

Kagome was dreaming. She had to be. In it, she was dreaming that she was watching her father and her half-brother create Kagura... and eventually watch Ichiro die. She felt tears slide down her face, and then.. then she was in a pure black room with bright green steps. At the top of the staircase was Inu. Kagome smiled, and ran up the stairs.

When she got to the top, she was about to embrace Inu, when the ground was standing on broke off, and he fell into the oblivion...

She woke up, and noticed she wasn't in the study. Instead, she was on a couch (again) in front of a huge computer. Taigokumaru was there, watching something from the monitors.

"You're finally awake. Maybe you'd like to see your precious Inuyasha be destroyed," Taigokumaru.

She stood, and walked over to the monitors. Inu leapt out of a coffin, and into the house. She grinned.

"That's not the last of the traps," Taigokumaru told her.

O_o

"Inu! Inu!!" Kagome's voice... he ran to the source of the voice, a pure white room. Inu saw her in the middle of the room, tied up. He ran up to untie her, but she dissolved. He looked around, and noticed a hologram of a man in a black cloak.

The man was laughing. "You... an android... didn't even know a hologram? This girl must mean more to you than anything." He pulled Kagome up to him, so that Inu could see her. His eyes widened.

"Where is she?!" Inu asked, feeling anger.

"Temper... temper... why don't you find her yourself?" The man asked. Suddenly, he disappeared, and the lights turned off. Suddenly, tons of red lights appeared on the ceiling. Inu narrowed his eyes to see even better, and noticed that they were eyes... bats...

What the hell was this?

O_o

"What are those?" Kagome asked.

"Cyborgs. Live bats with the ability of electrocute their victims," Taigokumaru said, eyes watching the monitors. Suddenly, he heard sobbing.

"Don't... destroy him..." She whispered. He sighed. Damn conscience.

"What would a human want with an android? You have no idea what it's like... to be shunned from androids because of the 'Gemini', and to be shunned from humans for being a machine."

"You say I don't know what it's like to be alone... you're wrong... my mother was a spy for the enemy... she ran off before I was five. Then... I was forced to be a mother to my brother... my father was always gone..." Kagome sobbed. "Please... don't hurt him!"

Taigokumaru sighed, and turned to the monitors, where Inu, still in his normal form, was fighting the bats.

"Go ahead and go outside, Inuyasha. Your wench and I shall meet you there," Taigokumaru said. "Follow me, wench."

O_o

By the time Inu came out, he saw Kagome and the man there. The man smirked at him for a moment, before transforming into a metallic, golden bat. He flew into the sky.

"Come on, Inuyasha! Transform, and fight!" He yelled.

"Inu! Transform, or he'll destroy you!!" Kagome yelled. Inu turned to her, and noticed tears staining her cheeks. He shook his head.

"No. I can't, Kagome," He whispered.

"Then I'll make you!" The man yelled, and shot five metal claws towards him. He dodged each, and then the man shot off another few. Inu broke all but one, and saw where it was headed... towards Kagome.

O_o

Kagome was shocked. She couldn't move. She watched Inu start running to block it, until Taigokumaru blocked it himself. He collapsed on the ground, the metal claw deep into his side. Inu and Kagome stood next to him.

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again... damn conscience circuit..." Taigokumaru whispered. "Maybe I should also say... damn Naraku... he sent me after you, Inu... You scare him..."

"What?" Inu asked.

"By not answering evil orders... you scare him..." Taigokumaru answered. He tried sitting up, when a kunai hit him in the throat, destroying him. Inu turned to see that same Sesshomaru on a motorcycle there, smirking.

"The old bat had to be destroyed sometime," He said, and took off. Inu started to follow, when he felt a hand grab onto his arm. He turned to see Kagome look up at him, with tears staining her cheeks.

"Please... don't leave me..." Kagome whispered, and hugged him tightly. Not knowing what to do, Inu hugged her back. "Don't... leave..."

O_o

A/n- ^_^ Not much of fluff, but in this story line, it's the most you can get so far. ^_^

Next Chapter- Blue Moon, Red Dreams (No summary, because I haven't actually seen that episode yet... he he...)