InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Android Inuyasha ❯ Negative Fragments ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Android Inuyasha

I gotta finish this chapter or else I'll forget it. Sorry if it sounds worse than the others, all I can remember is "City of Rain" and bits of this. Oh, and Taigokumaru is the bat demon the Inu-tachi met in volume 22 of the manga.

Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha or Kikaider.

Chapter Six

Negative Fragments

Inu was a few dozen feet from Tokyo when he passed a phone booth. Suddenly, when he was right in front of it, the phone started to ring. Inu looked around, as if looking for other people to pick it up, until he reached out, and picked up the phone, and placed it beside his ear.

"Inuyasha," The voice on the other end said. "I have Kagome. Come to the old building on the outskirts of town or else she dies..." Suddenly, the dial tone was heard. Inu dropped the phone, and ran to the building he had to go to.

O_o

Earlier...

"Miroku! I wasn't expecting you!" Kagome said, with a smile. "What are you doing here? And where's Sango?"

"She's at the office, still finding some information on Inu," Miroku answered, walking in her house. "I have some very important information you should know about your father."

"Oh... come right in, then," Kagome said, leading him into the living room, and sitting down on the couch across from the one he sat at. "What did you find out?"

"Did you already know that your father-erm-Dr. Higurashi had a previous marriage?" Miroku asked.

"Yes... my mother told me that. And that my father had a son in that marriage named Ichiro," Kagome answered. "What has that have to do with me?"

"Well, did you hear that Ichiro died shortly after his mother?" Miroku asked. Kagome nodded. "Okay, on with the point. On the day of Ichiro's funeral, Dr. Higurashi met with this man called Dr. Onigumo."

"Who is that?" Kagome asked.

"He's the leader of this organisation called DARK," Miroku explained. "Dr. Onigumo convinced Dr. Higurashi to continue making androids for his organisation. He also introduced your mother to him, and they were married. Shortly after, you and Souta were born."

"All right, I can understand that much... but what was so wrong with Dr. Onigumo?" Kagome asked.

"Dr. Onigumo... well, when your father started putting the 'Gemini' in his androids--"

"You mean... he put it in more androids other than Inu?" Kagome interrupted.

"Yes, to one other. Well, when Dr. Onigumo found out about that, he grew angry, and just... gave up on Dr. Higurashi. Stopped funding him and everything," Miroku said. "But the odd thing is... your mother left a day after Dr. Onigumo stopped funding your father's work."

"That is odd..." Kagome whispered. All this time... her mother could be alive? "What else did you find out?"

"Not much. The black market isn't a very cheap way to get information," Miroku sighed. "Is Souta all right?"

"Yes, he's fine. He's asleep right---" She was interrupted when the lights suddenly turned off.

"What the---?" Miroku asked, before he was knocked out. Kagome shrieked when she felt cold arms wrap around her waist, and a white cloth placed around her mouth and nose. When she inhaled, she grew lightheaded, and passed out.

O_o

A few hours later, she awoke on an old, lumpy couch, feeling a spring in her back. She looked around the desolate room she was in, until her blue eyes landed on one figure who had it's back to her. She had that really odd feeling in her gut that it was an android.

"So... you've finally woke up," It said, turning towards her. She had to admit, the guy looked like Count Dracula. His hair was pulled up, making it look slightly spiky, he had a monocle (is that what it's called? One of those glasses that's just put on one eye?) and wore a black cloak. The clasp on the cloak was in the shape of a bat. "I was wondering if you'd actually live."

"Where am I?" Kagome asked.

"Just where Dr. Onigumo told me," The android answered. "I know your name, Kagome Higurashi. I am Taigokumaru, one of your father's creations."

"You... are?" She asked.

"Yes, I was the experiment with the damn conscience circuit put in before Inuyasha," Taigokumaru answered. "That's why I didn't kill that detective, just knocked him out, and that's why I didn't bother your brother."

"Where am I?" She repeated her question.

"Just somewhere," He answered. He walked up next to her, and sliced open the ropes that tied her. She had just noticed herself tied up. "You can go anywhere around here, except outside."

"Why not?" Kagome asked. Taigokumaru smirked.

"Your little friend, Inuyasha, should be here shortly. There are a few traps to stop him from coming," He answered, and left the room. That was when she took advantage of looking around the place. An old telephone was on a dusty stand that looked oddly familiar...

-Flashback-

Little Kagome stood behind the thick wooden door behind their den, watching her pregnant mother pick up the phone and listened to her speak into it. Kagome was always eavesdropping on things.

"Yes... could you tell Dr. Onigumo that? Thank you," Her mother said, and hung up. Kagome was confused. Who was Dr. Onigumo?

-End of Flashback-

She looked at the door, which was in the same position as the one she was behind when she over heard her mother on the telephone. Where on earth was she? She walked out of the room into the next, which happened to be a kitchen. Wait... she remembered this room.

-Flashback-

Kagome walked into the kitchen, seeing her mother chop lettuce for their dinner. She decided to ask something.

"Mama? Who's Dr. Onigumo? Is he a friend of yours or Daddy's?" She asked. Her mother smiled softly, and turned to face her daughter.

"You could say that Dr. Onigumo's a friend of both of us..." She replied.

-End of Flashback-

Kagome started running through the hallways, memories suddenly opening up, as if she had unlocked her mind.

-Flashback-

Kagome sat in the living room, with her toys, as her mother watched her.

"Kagome, have you thought of a name for your new brother or sister?" Her mother asked.

"Yea! Souta!" Kagome said.

"But what if we have a girl?"

"I don't want a sister! I want a baby brother!" Kagome replied.

"You still have to think of a name for a girl, all right?" Her mother asked. Kagome sighed, and kept playing.

-End of Flashback-

There was the front door... another memory entered her mind... the day her mother disappeared...

-Flashback-

"Daddy! Where's Mama?" Kagome asked. Her father stood at the door, holding what looked to be a bundle of blankets, actually it was her little brother, Souta. "Where is she, Daddy? Is she gonna come back?"

"No. She's not coming back," He answered.

"Who's gonna help Souta?" Kagome asked, tears filling her eyes.

"You will be Souta's mother, Kagome," Her father answered, putting her brother into her arms, and then walking back to his laboratory.

-End of Flashback-

"Mama!" Kagome yelled, and opened the door. Immediately, three metal stakes flew into the air, almost hitting her when...

"I told you not to come outside," Taigokumaru said, moving her out of the way. "Now go inside."

"You... took me to my old house..." She said.

"It was Dr. Onigumo's orders," Taigokumaru shrugged it off.

"Why did you save me?" She asked.

"Blame my busted 'Gemini'."

"If you let me, I can fix it for you, I only have to find the blueprint for it," Kagome offered. "Please, let me help you."

"..." Taigokumaru ignored the girl, shoving her inside, and leaping to the roof. He smirked when he saw the android he was trying to get here coming. "Finally, Inuyasha. I was wondering what took so long..."

O_o

A/n- Next chapter, there's a bit of Inu/Kag fluff in. ^_^ (When I watched the episode, I was like, "FINALLY!!", lol)

Inya- The show, Kikaider, is very good, although because its such an old anime, the animation isn't very good compared to others. Where I get it is on Cartoon Network a half hour before Inu Yasha comes on.

Next Chapter- The Afterglow of Regret-Kagome finds the diary of her father, and finds out the secret of her mother and the death of her half-brother, Ichiro. Inu finally faces the bat android, Taigokumaru.