InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Android Inuyasha ❯ City of Rain ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Android Inuyasha

I nearly skipped lunch today... I'm very hungry right now, so I'll probably finish this in a few minutes (or a half-hour). Oh, and I chose Kouga to be the guy. He's more like the guy.

Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha or Kikaider.

Chapter Five

City Of Rain

"Hey, didya hear the news? Some guy with a guitar on his back is suspected for blowing up a tower," One guy was saying to another. Inu, who was currently sitting in an alley away from police and other people, overheard what they were saying. He sighed, and quietly strummed his guitar nervously. It wasn't his fault that the radar tower broke down! It was that no-good android that Dr. Naraku Onigumo (who he had heard was going under the alias Kagewaki Arashi as well) sent after him, Jakotsu. He had never met an android who acted like that... nor any human to tell you the truth! Jakotsu had been very... ahem... forward towards Inu.

The android nervously shivered when he remembered the fight. It was a very easy win for him, although Jakotsu obviously wanted to be destroyed, for even if Inu would leave, the android would follow and fight him again. Until they reached the radar tower and Jakotsu blew it up, nearly destroying Inu in the process, while destorying himself.

The sound of footsteps outside the alley, eventually echoing off the walls of the alley he was residing in. He knew someone heard him, and was going after him. He quickly got up and ran towards the other end of the alley.

The two police men who were going after the unknown sound reached the dead end of the alley, seeing nothing.

"Probably some damn cat," One said to the other before walking back out. Unbeknownst to them was Inu sixty yards away.

O_o

Eventually, Inu got back to the area he was residing in. Although it was raining heavily. He noticed a small porch that could hide him from the rain for a little while. He walked over to it, and sat down. He didn't notice the young woman who walked up to the porch, carrying a small umbrella, and wearing a soft blue coat over a matching blue dress.

"Hello? Can I please get to my door?" Her voice asked. Inu looked up to see a girl who looked identical to Kagome... except her eyes were cold, and her hair styled differently. "What are you doing at my doorstep?"

"Trying to keep dry," Inu replied. The girl smiled softly.

"You should be getting home soon. You'll get sick if you stay out here some more," She told him.

"I can't go home," Inu answered. The girl cocked her head to the side, and sighed.

"You can stay here, if you want. I really don't like people getting sick if I can help it," She said. "Come on in. My name's Kikyo."

O_o

The next morning, Inu sat in Kikyo's kitchen, gazing at the lilies she had in a pot on the windowsill, as he heard her wake up. He looked up when he saw her saunter into the kitchen, wearing just a plain blue bathrobe which was showing a bit of cleavage. She smiled sleepily at him, before sitting across from him at the table.

"You remind me of him..." He heard her whisper. He looked at Kikyo, and saw that her gaze was pointed towards the lilies.

"Of who?" Inu asked.

"Kouga. He was just like you, wandering around, looking for a place to stay for the night, and I let him in," Kikyo whispered. "He was very badly injured, and... when I would help him cleanse his wounds, he'd tell me that I was just like those lilies there... delicate and beautiful..." She stood, and poured a small bottle of water onto the flowers before sitting down. "He only stayed here for a few days, but I... I guess I sorta fell for him. I think I'm crazy. Especially when I saw you at my doorstep. At first, I thought you were him, returning to me."

"What if he did return? What would you do then?" Inu asked. She gazed at him for a minute, before smiling again.

"I'd probably let him in, and forget that he even left. That's what love'll do to you. Make you wish to God that the person you love will return, and when they do, you forget the worst, and hope for the best," Kikyo said. She took a glance at the kitchen clock, and sighed. "I have to get ready for work. You can stay here today, all right?" She left the kitchen before he could reply.

Although he wouldn't. He was too busy with his thoughts, which were centered on one human girl...

O_o

Meanwhile...

"Oi! Those who need a quick job, come on!" An unknown man entered the bar. Kouga sat at the bar, drinking away his sorrows, which were few and far between. He turned around, and got up.

"Kouga's actually doing something?" One man taunted. Kouga gave him a dry look before walking out of the bar to hear what the job was.

O_o

"Place these bombs on these places in Tokyo," The mystery man said, thrusting about fifteen small bombs into Kouga's hands, as well as a map with signaled places. "And then get the hell out of this city." With that, the man left, leaving Kouga in confusion. He sighed, and went on with the job. Anything to get money.

O_o

Kikyo left the apartment, trusting Inu to not mess up the place. Eventually, the four walls of the room he was in made him feel claustrophobic, and he needed to leave. He walked out, just to walk. He left his guitar at Kikyo's apartment, so to keep himself hidden from the police.

He suddenly bumped into someone. He took a long look at the guy before starting off. Inu then noticed the panther-android that was behind the guy. (a/n- No, it is NOT Kirara.) He backed up away from it, and it followed.

"What do you want?" It asked, as it raised its claws up to slice Inu's head. The guy who Inu walked past watched the entire thing with wide eyes. One image appeared in Inu's head - Kagome.

"I want to see Kagome again!" He yelled out, and started attacking - outside of his android appearance. (a/n- I happen to think it's slightly stupid that the character yelled out that during his battle, but hey, I didn't create Kikaider, and that was in the story.) The cat yelled out when Inu cut off its arm, and pulled it and Inu into the river that they were near. Inu leapt out of the water, and next to the guy.

"Go!" Inu said.

"No, I'll help you," The guy said. "Name's Kouga." He readied himself for an attack when the cat android leapt onto the ground. Then he started attacking it. Inu was quite surprised to see him attacking it. Eventually, Inu started to, as well, until the android fell.

Suddenly, Inu remembered what Kikyo said.

"Do you know who Kikyo is?" He asked. Kouga nodded.

"Has she been talking about me?" He asked. Inu couldn't help but notice that Kouga seemed a little... interested in the conversation.

"She misses you. She said that she would wait where she was for you," Inu told him. The android noticed a square thing in Kouga's hand. "What is that?"

"It's... a bomb... someone told me to plant them all over town," Kouga said. "Um... I know where they're located at, so we can get them all off." Inu nodded, and the two went off in search of the bombs.

O_o

Kouga and Inu decided to split ways in order to get all of the bombs before they exploded. Inu went quickly though his, following the map that Kouga handed to him, while Kouga, being a human, went fairly slower than him. He reached the last one, and fixed it so that it wouldn't explode.

He sighed, and wiped the sweat on his brow off. Then he smirked. He'd finally be able to see Kikyo again. Unbeknownst to his "friends" at the bar, Kikyo was the reason he drank so much. He thought he wasn't good for the girl.

"I'm actually a good guy this time," He whispered, and stood up. He didn't notice the white hot air balloon raise behind him. Nor did he notice the men with machine guns aimed directly at him.

O_o

Inu heard the faint cry of a scream, and he ran to investigate.

O_o

Kouga felt pain in the four bullet holes in his chest. Blood ran freely through each wound, and he felt a trickling of blood coming from the side of his mouth.

"I... thought that... the good guy was supposed to live in the end..." Kouga said. "I... wanted to see... Kikyo again..." He closed his eyes, never to open them again.

O_o

Inu found the person who yelled - Kouga. He was dead on a high tower, Inu recognized it as Tokyo Tower.

"No... you're supposed to see Kikyo again..." He whispered. "You're not... supposed to die."

O_o

Elsewhere, Kikyo returned home, and noticed Inu was gone. ' What were you expecting, Kikyo? Him staying?' She sighed, and took a look at the lilies on her windowsill again.

"I'm waiting for you, Kouga..." She said, softly.

O_o

A/n- I know, no Kagome at all in this chapter. The next one has mostly her in it (only one scene with Inu.).

Arigatou Inya and sc! ^_^

Next Chapter: Negative Fragments- Miroku finds out some surprising things about Dr. Higurashi. When going to tell Kagome the news, she gets kidnapped by another android, Taigokumaru.