InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Android Inuyasha ❯ The Lonely Puppet ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Android Inuyasha

I got this idea watching "Android Kikaider". Old anime, but reminded me of Inuyasha. ^_^

Disclaimer- I do not own Inuyasha or Kikaider.

Chapter One

The Lonely Puppet

"Okay... a little there... and then a little more..." Dr. Toto-sai Higurashi quickly added more chemicals to his project, his tiny eyes darting from the experiment to his paperwork. "Oh, drat! Too much hydrogen peroxide." (a/n- I really suck at chemistry, and I typed the first chemical that popped into my head.) He didn't notice the shine of metal nor the scent of gasoline.

Suddenly, a corner of the laboratory caught on flames. Toto-sai gasped, and, grabbing his materials and chemicals he was currently working on, dashed for the door. As soon as he ran out of the lab, the entire building blew up. He was nearly unconscious when he reached the nearby forest that separated his laboratory from his family's home.

He at first didn't notice the pale, ebony haired man along with two androids, one in the shape of a pale girl carrying a mirror, and the other carrying feathers. That is, until he ran into them. Toto-sai paled when he saw the malicious smirk appear on the ebony haired man's face, as his androids knocked the chemist unconscious.

O_o

"There once was a puppet maker named Geppetto," Kagome started reading to her younger brother, Souta. Souta was snuggled up in his bed, recalling the old tale his older sister was repeating to him. "He was so lonely that he would create his puppets and pretend that they were his children."

"Ooh, get to the part where the Blue Fairy comes in!" Souta said. He had memorized this story from cover to cover.

"Hang on a minute, Souta," Kagome said, smiling. She pulled up the sleeves on her black turtleneck, before picking up the book she was reading from, and reading again. "Anyway, one night, he started to create a very special puppet. He named this one..."

"PINOCCHIO!" Souta said, with a grin. Kagome smiled.

"Yep, and during that night, a Blue Fairy came to visit Pinocchio. She offered to make him into a 'real boy' to make his 'father', Geppetto, happy. He agreed, and the Blue Fairy made him alive. She also anointed a nearby cricket by the name of Jiminy Cricket to be Pinocchio's conscience."

"What's a conscience?" Souta asked.

"It tells you what is good, and what is bad," Kagome answered. She took a quick look at her watch, and blanched. "Well, Souta, it's bedtime. Oyasumi."

"Oyasumi, Kagome!" Souta said, crawling under his covers and falling asleep.

"He is the only person I know who falls asleep that fast," Kagome muttered, as she walked out of his room, downstairs to await her father, Dr. Toto-sai Higurashi's, arrival. It was his birthday, and the two children hadn't seen him all day. But the moment she stepped onto the first floor, she heard the phone ring. She rushed to pick it up, and wished it was a prank.

"Miss Higurashi? Your father's laboratory has blown up." The police said on the other end.

O_o

The silver haired boy sat on the side of the road, looking confused. He wore a red t-shirt, with khaki pants, with a red guitar on his back. Yet, he didn't even know what anything he saw was. Or even who he was. He stood up, and looked around. Did anyone around here know him? Thinking he might find out, he stayed in the middle of the street to make sure he wouldn't get lost.

"Hey!" A crude voice yelled behind him. The boy turned to see a large... machine?... behind him with a man sticking out of the side window. "Get outta the road!" The boy moved so that he wasn't in the way, and he caught what the man said afterward, "Damn rockers." What was a rocker? The boy looked slightly confused, but he kept going on. He was lost in thought until he saw two boys playing around with a paper airplane.

"Come and get it, ya big baby!" The taller one of the boys taunted the smaller.

"Hey, big brother, throw it!" The smaller one said. The silver haired boy watched as the Big Brother spun the airplane's propeller around until the rubber band underneath it was pulled taut and he let it fly... into a tree. "Oh no! Look what you did!" The boys looked over to see the silver haired boy.

"Hey, you!" The Big Brother said.

"Me?" The silver haired boy asked. The boys nodded. "What?"

"You look tall enough. Could you get that down for us?" The Little Brother asked. The silver haired boy walked up to the tree, and looked up at the airplane.

"That?" He asked. He didn't wait for an answer, when he pushed the tree until it broke off and fell to the ground. The silver haired boy picked up the airplane, and turned to the boys who were watching him in fear.

"Y-you..." They said, and dashed away. The silver haired boy looked at the airplane for a second, and then back at the tree, where a small bird's nest with three eggs (that were now cracked and broken) lay.

"Oh.. no... what did I do?" He asked, and flopped onto the ground, watching the parent birds fly around their broken nest.

O_o

Kagome decided to look at her father's "confidential" files on his computer. It wasn't like he was protecting anything, anyway.... right? She sat down to his computer, and turned it on. Immediately, it said:

File not Found!

She sighed, and looked around for any discs, Cds, or anything that may have been the files that her father was keeping secret. She looked over at a turned down picture frame. She picked it up, and looked at it. It was a picture of her father, Souta, and their deceased mother. But... oddly, the picture seemed to stick to the inside of the glass. Kagome's eyebrows sown together, and she turned it over to take off the backing of the frame.

"What's... this?" Kagome asked, seeing a plain white envelope inside. She picked it up, and on it said, "Inu." Kagome looked totally confused, but opened it anyway. Inside was a tiny microchip. Yes! The missing file!

She placed it in the computer, and turned it back on. Immediately, the monitor showed up with many diagrams of Toto-sai's designs of machines. One that sparked Kagome's interest was labeled, "Inuyasha." She clicked on it, and immediately a single drawing of an android appeared on the screen, with arrows pointing to key points on the steel body.

"What is this? Papa was creating.. this? But... why?" Kagome wondered, and clicked on something labeled, "Gemini." She read out loud what was on the screen, "The Gemini is a microchip that shows the variation between good and bad.... oh no... he even gave it a conscience... but... how is that possible?"

O_o

The silver haired boy placed the nest back onto the tree trunk, and walked straight into a forest. 'I did that? But.. how?' he was wondering, not noticing where he was headed. He felt guilty about what he did to that nest. But then that guilt washed away, to feeling sorrow for the baby birds.

He stopped when he saw a huge pile of melted metal.

"This place is so... familiar..." He whispered, walking through. "Like I know this..." He looked over to see a figure in a black and pink outfit run up to him. Whoever it was had long hair that was as black as the night, and bright chocolate brown eyes. The figure stopped, and stared at him, as if in shock. The silver haired boy noticed her eyes shift from him to something behind him, as if saying, 'TURN AROUND!' He did, and stepped backwards at the sight before him. A tall, black haired female android with glittering ruby eyes snarled at him.

"You..." She whispered. The silver haired boy looked confused. This girl was angry at him?

"Inu!" A voice yelled behind him. The boy felt as if that name was familiar to him, and he turned just so that he could see the girl who was behind him. "You have switches on your shoulders!" Leaping from the android girl's attack, the boy pressed onto a hidden button on each shoulder, and felt himself change.

O_o

Kagome watched as the android her father built, Inu, changed from the peaceful looking android to one that looked feral, with purple stripes on each cheek, his normal golden eyes now red, with claws on each hand. It frightened her for a minute, before she watched the android start to attack the female android.

Inu seemed to be winning, until the female android dropped a few drops of gasoline onto the metal around her, and lit a fuse. Suddenly, what once was the laboratory of her father, started to burst into flames again. Kagome watched the female android head towards her, until... Inu jumped into the way, and pushed the android away. The female android glared at the two before running away.

"Who am I?" She heard Inu ask, before he changed back into the peaceful looking android.

"Follow me, I may have some answers," Kagome offered.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

To Be Continued...

Review and Reply, please! I'm trying to keep along the story line of Kikaider, while also making the characters of Inuyasha IC. Inuyasha may be OOC for the most part, but he should get into his mean self in the next chapter. Believe me, I know. ^_^