InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Android Inuyasha ❯ Mad Machine ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Android Inuyasha

Don't forget to read and review! ^_^

Disclaimer- I do not own Inuyasha or Kikaider.

Chapter Two

Mad Machine

Sure enough, Inu followed Kagome to her home, where, once she opened the door, her younger brother ran into her, looking scared. Inu watched their conversation in confusion.

"I was so scared when I woke up and you were gone, Kagome!" Souta wailed. "'Specially since Dad isn't home yet!" Kagome looked at her brother, with a sad expression on her face. "What is it, Kagome?"

"Father... disappeared," she answered. Souta gasped. "After you fell asleep, I got a call from the police saying that his lab blew up..."

"No!!" Souta yelled, letting go of Kagome and trying to get away. "First Mom, and now Dad?! You're lying!" Kagome let him run up to his room, and winced when he slammed the door. She looked up at Inu, who looked as confused as ever.

"Would you like to sit down?" Kagome asked, smiling at him. Inu noticed it didn't reach her eyes, though.

O_o

Souta eventually came back down, and was now in awe of Inu. He kept staring at the android, with a huge grin on his face. It really unnerved Inu, although it was better than being stared at with a disgusted look on the face.

"And that's about it, Inu. Father created you, and inserted a circuit called the 'Gemini'," Kagome finished her story.

"What's the 'Gemini'?" Inu asked, uncrossing his arms. Kagome shot a look over at Souta, who did the exact same thing. "I've never heard of it."

"Me neither, but I can explain it," Kagome answered. "Well, it's like a human heart."

"Human... heart?"

"Yes, it can show you the difference from good or bad, something like a human conscience," Kagome answered. Seeing another confused look, she finished, "Since you are an android, the 'Gemini' shows you the difference between good orders and bad orders. Yet, when I went through my father's things, there was something amiss."

"What was it?" Inu asked, focusing all of his attention on Kagome.

"There's something wrong with the 'Gemini'. I'll need to find the blueprint of it," She explained. "You wouldn't happen to know where it's at, would you?"

"N-no..." Inu answered. He really couldn't remember if he saw anything like it, or not. All of this talk about androids, "Gemini", and consciences was really messing up Inu's head.

Suddenly, Souta yawned.

"Now it is time for bed, Souta," Kagome said. He nodded, and was about to get up when,

"Inu, could you read me a story?" He asked. The android shrugged and followed the boy upstairs.

"Well, I guess I could find more information on the 'Gemini' while Inu does that," Kagome said to herself, and got up.

O_o

Souta snuggled back into his covers, and Inu sat down on the chair next to Souta's bed. "Well?" Souta asked. "Aren't ya gonna read a story?" Inu looked confused (a/n- wow, anything can confuse this android, ne?).

"What's a story?" He asked. Souta felt like slamming the android's head against his headboard, but thought against it. After all, Kagome had told them that he probably didn't know the basic things, mainly due to the fact that her father had just finished working on him.

"A story is something people tell other people. It can be true, or not," Souta explained quickly. "Here, I'll tell you one," He gave Inu a cold stare. "But you better not fall asleep!" Inu smiled softly.

"Don't worry," Inu answered, and sat back to listen to Souta's story.

"There once was a puppet maker..." He started.

O_o

Kagome sat in front of her father's computer, quickly going over Inu's blueprints, and the "Gemini". She couldn't find anything that she hadn't already seen. Until...

O_o

"...and when Jiminy told Pinocchio..." Souta suddenly fell asleep telling his own story! Inu sighed, and got up, making sure Souta was tucked in, and walked downstairs to finish talking to Kagome. He followed the sound of typing, and, seeing a plain study, he stayed in the doorway, listening to Kagome's whispers.

O_o

As she typed, Kagome would ask herself questions. "Can the 'Gemini' work without being fixed?"

No, appeared on the screen.

"What happens if the blueprint isn't found?" She asked, typing furiously.

Destruction.

"Destruction?" Kagome asked herself. She heard rustling behind her, and she turned to see Inu there. She quickly turned off the monitor, and smiled at the android. "Hello, there. I didn't notice you."

"What did it mean by destruction?" He asked, before walking backwards, away from Kagome. "D-do you have to d-destroy me?"

Kagome was unable to answer, for the android ran out of the room, and out of the house.

"Inu!" She yelled out. "Don't leave!" She ran after him, into the forest surrounding her home. "Come back!" She reached him when they got to a clearing, and she walked up next to him. "It's not what you think."

He didn't answer, but turned to face her. She stepped up to him, and sat down on the ground. He did the same, and then grabbed onto her chin, to look at him in the eyes.

"I care for you and your brother, you know," He said. Inu noticed the slight amount of pink on Kagome's cheeks. "Even though you are warm and soft, and I am cold and hard."

"Inu..." She was about to say, before he groaned, and fell the ground.

O_o

Music... flute music... it hurt his ears. It felt as though someone was tearing up every single thing inside his ears. He groaned, and grabbed his two fluffy ears on the top of his head, and fell to the ground. He saw Kagome kneel next to him, a worried look on her face.

"Are you.. alright, Inu?" She asked. Suddenly, something overcame Inu's brain. He felt himself reach out, and grab onto Kagome's throat, about ready to strangle her.

O_o

No... air... hard... to breathe... Kagome couldn't breathe. It felt as though her body was shutting down. She opened one eye to look into Inu's eyes. They were blood red instead of gold.

"Inu..." she whispered, before Inu let go. She looked at him, with a sad look on her face, "I knew it... I knew it! You're just a mad machine!"

O_o

Inu looked at her, almost feeling betrayed. He stood up, and started running until he reached a barn. He didn't notice Kagome following him. He ran inside, and closed the door. Feeling unsafe, he turned to see that same exact android girl in there.

"Wh-who are you?" He asked.

"Your sister," She replied. "I'm Kagura. Dr. Higurashi created us, so that makes you my brother, and I your sister."

"Why are you following me?!" Inu asked.

"Dr. Onigumo is ordering me to destroy you," Kagura answered.

"But you're my sister! You can't destroy me!" Inu said, feeling scared.

"I follow only Dr. Onigumo's orders," Kagura merely said, and started to attack Inu. Dodging an attack, he pressed the switches on his shoulders, and transformed back into the feral looking android. He started attacking her.

O_o

Kagome saw the android girl start to attack transformed-Inu until the barn burst into flames. (I happen to think that the creator of Kikaider is a pyromaniac, what with all the flames.) She ran up to Inu, who was now back to his normal form.

"Come on, Inu! We have to get out of here!" She yelled, and pulled him to the entrance, which was now engulfed in flames. Inu started pulling her to a motorcycle, and pushed her onto it, him in front.

"How to start it...?" He wondered aloud, before using his own electric power, and drove through the flame convered entrance. He drove on to the forest, and stopped. He got off, and walked away from Kagome.

"Come over here!" She ordered. He just continued walking away. "That's an order!"

"Is it a good order, or a bad order?" Inu asked, sarcastically. "I'm not taking any orders anymore." He turned, and gave her a dirty look, before continuing, "Since I'm a mad machine." He said the last two words very sarcastically, and walked away, far from Kagome's view.

Kagome stood there, shocked.

O_o

Hope you enjoyed that last chapter! ^_^

Next chapter: Stray Sheep: Kagome gets a private eye and his assistant to help find Inu. Inu feels more exclusion, and meets another one of his "siblings". And why is this Dr. Onigumo sending all of these androids after him?