InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Android Inuyasha ❯ Stray Sheep ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Android Inuyasha

Yay! FF.net is back up and running, so I'm now posting this story there. ^_^ Review replies are at the bottom.

Disclaimer- I do not own Inuyasha or Kikaider.

Chapter Three

Stray Sheep

"Miroku, you've got a call on line four," The detective's assistant told him. Her long raven hair was pulled back into a high ponytail, her brown eyes accented by crimson eyeshadow. Miroku, the detective, looked up at his phone and nodded.

"Thank you, Sango," He said, with a wink. Sango just gave him a dry look before she went back to her work. Miroku sighed, and picked up the phone. "Hello, Kaza Ana Detective Agency."

"Hello? This is Kagome Higurashi," The female voice on the other end answered.

"Like the Dr. Toto-sai Higurashi?" Miroku interrupted. A quick, "yes" was heard on the other end. "Oh, I'm sorry about your loss."

"Don't worry about it," Kagome answered. "I have a job for you."

"Uh huh? What about?" Miroku asked.

"Um... meet me and my brother at the coffee shop in town, and I'll give you all of the information you may need," Kagome replied. She gave her address and phone number, and hung up. Miroku put his phone back on the cradle, and looked back at Sango, who gave him a look that said she heard the entire side of his conversation.

"We got a new job?" She asked. Miroku nodded, and they got their things ready to go. After all, Kaza Ana Detective Agency never got to where they were by waiting till last minute.

O_o

Inu continued walking through town, stopping by places, watching the people walk by. He heard some unknown music (he was glad it wasn't flute music), and went to investigate. He saw a human boy sitting on a bench outside a building, holding a wooden odd-shaped thing. It made a deep, rich sound that calmed Inu's frazzled nerves.

"Hey," The boy said, seeing Inu finally. He noticed the guitar on Inu's back, and smiled. "Wanna play?" Inu remembered the matching thing on his back, and picked it up, sitting next to the boy. The boy played a little bit of a catchy tune before turning to Inu. Following how the boy went, Inu ran his fingers along each string, making a terrible noise.

"I think mine's broken," He said, looking at the boy again.

"No, dude, I think you're the one that's broken," The boy answered, snickering.

"Can you show me?" Inu asked. The boy sighed.

"Oh well, I have nothing better to do," He said. He placed his fingers on the strings, "Now this is the scale," He played from the highest note he could, to the lowest. "And when you switch between notes on the scale, like this," He showed Inu a few things, "It's called a chord. Once you learn the chords, you can play anything." The boy played a few chords on his guitar, before looking to Inu. "Now you do it."

Inu played down the scale, and then played the exact same chords the boy did. "You lied to me! You DO know how to play!"

"Uh... I didn't lie," Inu admitted. "I don't even know what this thing is called." The boy looked at him, freakishly.

"It's a guitar. And you have to be lying, or else you're just a freak!" The boy said, picking up his things, and running off. Inu looked down at his guitar, and felt his ears droop down.

"A... freak?" He asked aloud.

O_o

"His name is Inu Higurashi, gold eyes, white hair," Miroku said, examining the picture Kagome had given him. "Kagome told me that he was the product of an earlier marriage of Dr. Toto-sai's."

"It would explain so. I don't know any woman who would have a baby that looked like that," Sango said, examining the picture when Miroku handed it to her. "I wouldn't."

"Not even if it was with me?" Miroku asked, giving her a puppy dog look. Sango ignored him, and continued walking on. "Okay, I'm feeling a little frustration coming from you."

"Nooooo, ya think?" Sango said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Let's just hurry and find this Inu boy. The Higurashi's are asking for a hefty sum for his return."

O_o

The tension in their car was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

"Souta..." Kagome started.

"No. It was your fault Inu ran off," Souta said. When he found out that Inu left, he had been crying his eyes out.

"I told you, I didn't mean it. And I'll do anything to get him back," Kagome said. Souta didn't respond, and they stayed in silence for the rest of their trip back home.

O_o

"Ack! You pervert!" Sango yelled, slapping Miroku. "I can't believe you asked that waitress that!" They were kicked out of a restaurant for Miroku's bad behavior.

"It was a simple question, Sango. She didn't need to get all uppity about it," Miroku said, looking as though he was innocent the entire thing.

"Oh yeah, 'Would you mind hiking up your skirt' is the simplest question in the book," Sango said, with a heavy sigh.

"It is!" Miroku argued. They were both so tuned out from the rest of the world that they didn't notice that the silver haired boy they were looking for walked right past them.

O_o

Inu was tired of walking. Tired of doing anything. He had over heard some children saying something like, "Time to go home". Where was he to go home? Where was his home? It was frustrating. He sat down next to a forest, and looked out on the scene he saw. He was just barely out of town, and he saw all of the bright lights, asking people to go to their shops.

"Where do I belong?" He asked himself, and sensed someone nearby. He stood, and saw a short, pale female android there. Walking out of the bushes came Kagura.

"Hello there, I see you're now alone. Got rid of the inventor's daughter, ne? Oh well, it's for the best. She doesn't even know where the blueprint is, anyway," Kagura said. "Meet our sister, Kanna." She pointed at the tiny girl next to her. "And, as I said before, you will be destroyed. The 'Gemini' is much too precious to be just walking around in bright daylight."

"What do you mean?" Inu asked.

Kagura smirked. "You'll see," She answered, and held her stance to attack. Suddenly, two or three feathers flew towards Inu he dodged one, but another sliced his false skin. He hissed at the sudden pain. "Ooh, you can feel pain, too? That's a new one, even for Dr. Higurashi. Oh well." Again, more feathers flew out, and although Inu could dodge a few, the rest sliced at him.

Inu pressed the switches on his shoulders, and became the feral android self. Suddenly knowing what to do, he curled his fingers in anticipation, and slashed at the feathers heading for him. Yellow and white light flew from his claws to slice the feathers to dust. Kagura gasped, and stared at Inu, surprised.

"The... Iron Reaver attack..." She whispered. Then she resumed herself. "No matter. At least this will be a great fight indeed." Before she sent out more feathers, Inu attacked her again. But, before he'd be able to destroy her, he stopped.

"Since you are my sibling, I will not destroy you. Leave me alone, or I might have to," He warned, before walking away. Kagura growled, and stood.

"Come along, Kanna. Dr. Onigumo isn't going to be happy," Kagura ordered.

O_o

Shorter than usual, but... I couldn't exactly remember what happened in that episode. *blush*

Review Replies

Mediaminer.org-

Inya- (twice) I wrote that second chapter as soon as I finished the first, unlike this one, and then I realized that you reviewed. Arigatou!! ^_^

Next Chapter-

Mirror- Kagome's dreaming about Inu's death.. but, he's an android. He can't die!! After awhile of searching, they also find him. Another android appears, and makes Inu feel even more ashamed of his feral appearance, who the new android dubbed as, "Inuyasha".