InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of mission ❯ Untitled ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angels of missions
 
Chapter 8:
 
Hair in a strict bun and clad in a tight business suit, Kagome took a deep breath; here she was in front of the Suzuki building. It was time for her interview… `Am I ready? Am I even prepared…?' She must have spent five minutes just looking at the tall glass building with hesitation. Some passers might have thought her a new employee, another would have thought her a tourist if not for her clothes and the last ones just thought her lunatic.
 
She took a step toward the entrance but stopped almost immediately. The target was coming out of his building. Everyone around him that was wearing working clothes stopped and bowed, some deeper than others. She herself bowed only slightly when he passed her, not giving her a single glance. She stood back up in time to catch a glimpse at Herman, the head bodyguard. He was a tall man, dressed neatly in a black suit over his toned muscle. His jet black hair and dark eyes completed with a constant frown and suspicious glance made him an extremely scary man.
 
`Hopefully, there will be no need of confronting the man… He's scary…' Kagome thought
 
She walked toward the building and stepped in it. She faced no surprised to see that the interior of the building was as astounding as the outside. The Suzuki corporations were quite well known, even though the work of the son was much less appreciated than Senior Suzuki.
 
She headed towards the directory in the center of the lobby; as instructed by Safaia, if she immediately knew where to go would look suspicious. First rule; always know your surroundings or appear to do so, in certain cases, reverse. She let her finger glide slightly on the glass cover before heading towards the reception. The blonde receptionist looked at her questioningly. “Can I help you, ma'am?”
 
“Um, I have a job interview with Mr. Nobu Kai”
“Name please?”
“Watanabe, Ai”
“Please wait”
 
While the receptionist was calling upstairs, Kagome took in the obviously foreign woman, Safaia did tell her that Suzuki liked employing the best, whether in looks or in work so she was to expect no surprise that a lot of his employees would be foreign, he had western tastes…
 
“Please head up to his office please. Mr. Nobu is waiting for you.” She said, handing her the visitor slip.
 
`Wasn't she supposed to tell me the floors?' Maybe they weren't all that much the best…
 
After sliding the coded pass in the machine, she made her way to the fifth story, fact that she memorized the past day, and headed towards the Law department. Taking another deep breath she walked in the place and looked around. People looked up from their work to peek at her before going back to work. In a corner office, a man came out. He was wearing a suit like everyone else, but his seemed more expensive. He was average looking, some might called him good looking but no one would say that he was ugly. He was also Mr. Nobu Kai, a renowned lawyer with an extensive pro file, and also, to few person's knowledge, a dirty cheat.
 
“Ahh Miss Watanabe, please come in!”
 
Kagome did not miss the once over he gave her, and certainly not the lasting passing over of her chest area. This man was going to be her bane when she works here.
 
“Please sit down Miss Watanabe” He told her after she entered his office. “I have read your résumé, quite impressive I must say. A graduate from Oxford Law! It has been quite a while since we have had that qualified staff on our side.”
 
“But I have heard that everyone who works here is a genius in their field.” Second rule; a little flattery will get you far, with an egocentric.
 
The man smiled widely at her words, “Ah that is true! But an Oxford graduated is an honour for any employer. Now a few questions before we go?”
 
Third rule; always smile.
 
Kagome gave him a small polite smile that he obviously liked, if his own was anything to go by.
 
“What is your interest in this firm?”
 
`Keep smiling Kagome' “I aim to gain experience…”
 
Their interview went for a good twenty minutes before Kagome could leave the office. Turning around, she bowed to show respect to the man and made true of the last rule; a little bit of cleavage works even better than flattery with this type of man. She was going to work here tomorrow…
 
Walking back downstairs, she headed towards the reception to give them back their visitor pass. She walked down the busy street towards an empty one, where a company small truck was parked. The back doors opened after she knocked, and Safaia was standing in a fully equipped high tech spying lab.
 
Inside were Safaia, Kirara and Bankotsu.
 
“That went perfectly.” Safaia told her, after she got in the back of the truck. Safaia moved to take the hair pin away from Kagome's bun, and a clothes pin away from the jacket. It was what normally would of have been an earpiece, it ended being put into a hairclip, and a camera.
 
Kagome loosened her hair and smiled nervously. “I was scared to mess up so I memorized the four rules when dealing with that kind of guy.”
 
“What four rules?” Bankotsu asked
 
Kagome, Safaia and Kirara smirked and said all together, “First rule; always know your surroundings or appear to do so, in certain case, reverse. Second rule; a little flattery will get you far, with an egocentric. Third rule: always smile. Fourth: A little cleavage gets you even further than your flattery”
 
Bankotsu stared at the three women and shook his head, “I'll never understand women”
 
“That why you're single dear step-brother”
“And so are you dear step-sister!”
 
Both stuck their tongues at each other, much to the amusement of their leader and their comp. tech. “Kirara, Bankotsu, head to the front of the truck.”
 
Both agents quickly left.
 
“Kagome?”
“Yes?”
“Kidding aside, you'll never answer to Kagome unless you are in this truck understood? Higurashi Kagome no longer exists in the records. You have never been a police officer in your life”
 
Kagome nodded, “Now leave.”
 
Kagome nodded again and did not salute as she would have normally done. Safaia nodded too. Hopping out of the truck, she watched it leave and resumed her walk down the street.
 
It was maybe a street or two down the road when she started to hear screams. Her instinct acted up and she ran towards an alley to find a man holding a bruised of woman forcefully. “Hey!” She yelled out “Leave her alone!”
 
The man turned towards her and charged. He took a pocket knife out of his pockets and ran towards her. She avoided the stab and quickly kicked him in the stomach, but he made her fall with a swipe of his leg.
 
“Stop!” All three, including the cowering woman, looked at the entrance of the alley. Safaia was standing there, looking down right furious. The rapist and the woman both stood up and bowed. “Madam!”
 
Kagome looked at them in surprise and quickly turned back to Madam Tsuki.
“You two leave!”
“Yes Madam!”
 
After they left, the older of the two looked at the younger. “What were you thinking?”
“I just-”
“If anyone saw that, you might have put this whole mission in jeopardy. I will say it one more time. Higurashi Kagome the cop does not exist! You are Watanabe Ai, a lawyer's secretary! I will pull you out of this mission if this happens again UNDERSTOOD?!”
 
Kagome meekly nodded under her superior's fury… Should she say this person's fury, she didn't exist in her life anymore.
 
“Something happens like that again, you be a good citizen and call the police! Now leave!”
 
She slowly walked past Safaia and continued her march towards her new home. She had also received a new car, a dark green Bentley Continental, a supposed gift from my well off grandparents that are now gone as well. Something makes me think that this car was only for show, it was probably a rent that they changed the license plate.
 
Today, she didn't feel like driving her new car. She was already stressed for the interview, and there was a lot of traffic at this time of the day…
 
Walking inside her new place, she looked around and stared at the couch. Pristine white, it was obviously new. Oh well, she was supposed to have just came back from studying at Oxford. Her new condo looked luxurious because of her supposed background. That was not Kagome that was Ai…
 
She sunk into her white couch and sighed. Unlocking a secret compartment under her coffee table, her glass and marble coffee table, she pulled out several folders. One was about Suzuki junior, the other on herself and the third on the lawyer. Then she pulled out another folder on the company and all of its mergers and allies. Those were many, including the Taisho corps and the bodyguard agency that Naraku owns.
 
Kagome flipped through the files before hearing the buzzer go off. She approached the panel and pressed a red button. “Watanabe Ai.” She answered.
“Miss Watanabe, there is a man here to see you. His name is Taisho Naraku”
 
Kagome frowned, what was he doing here? He wasn't supposed to know where she lived. Then she remembered that every secretary and boss in the company had a bodyguard or at least had a security system installed in their home.
 
“Send him in Jack” She said, pressing the button again.
“Very well Miss Watanabe”
 
Kagome scrambled to hide the folders and typed a quick message with her personal cell phone, not the new one, to Madam Tsuki, stating that Naraku was here and what should she do. Her answer was that she was already informed of whom they would send, the CTU had pulled strings and found ways to have Naraku as her bodyguard. She finished reading her text just in time to hear the knock on her door. Naraku has arrived.
 
“Hello Miss Watanabe” Naraku was greeting her formally, and she understood why. There was a valet standing by the elevator looking at them, well, leering was the word. He probably thought that there was something happening between the two of them.
 
“Mr. Taisho, please come in. I'm guessing that this means I got the job.”
 
After Naraku walked in and she shut the door, nothing could be heard from outside, it was soundproof, after Kagome pressed the button of course.
 
“Now, that just made that valet of yours suspicious.”
“First that valet isn't mine, and let him think what he wants… So how are we going to do this?”
“It was either a security system, including cameras that would be monitored by the company or a bodyguard with a chance of it being me.”
“You know, you get much too involve in our cases”
“You can't get rid of me Ai”
“Trust me I've tried” Ai said, laughing before both of them turned serious. “But seriously, how is this going to go down?”
“Easy, I'll practically move in, see the two bedrooms? My things would be here by tomorrow. Those CTU agents will come by for your daily makeover” he said that with a smirk “And I'll be accompanying you to work, and after I drop you off, you go to work. I will be there at lunch time if you go out so remember to call me, I'm not supposed to know that and I'll be there after lunch. Any major events, I will be following you including balls. But not as your date this time.”
 
They both laughed remembering the government ball they went to. “Remember me to tell Safaia what I'm doing next time I decline her offer. Anyways, I won't be there sunglass and slicked hair typical bodyguard, I'll stay very far. Most of the bodyguards in this company are employees themselves, they pose as such. Others will do like me, watch from afar, or only pick up after work. We will be using your Bentley.”
 
“Just admit you want to drive it”
“But I already have one in black might I add”
“Oh shut up you!”
 
----------------------------
 
Safaia sat behind her desk. It was crazy all the time she spent at the office these days; one would think she had no other things to do in life. In truth, she had no other things to do in her life before her heart to heart with her now boyfriend Sesshomaru. She smiled lightly at the thought of her silver haired Adonis. She probably would of have never realised her feelings by herself, she was just no good with relationships…
 
Her phone beeped, it was a text from Kagome. She frowned, what happened? She quickly opened the text and sighed in relief. The connections went through. She quickly replied. Naraku was going to be Kagome's bodyguard. Very well, that could only make their jobs easier. Hopefully, Kagome won't do anything to give her up, and with Naraku there, she only hopes that Naraku was good at damage control.
 
She sighed; the head bodyguard of Suzuki was, unfortunately, a freelancer. He doesn't work for Naraku. It wasn't that easy…
 
--------------------------
 
Sango propped herself on her elbows. She was lying on her bed, flipping through a magazine. Today was her day off; her only one in the next few months. Sighing, she was bored. There was nothing to do on her day off… Why did she even apply for it? Oh right, she was exhausted. With Kagome's big mission and everything, she felt overwhelm even though she wasn't the spy involved. Looking out the open window, she saw that it was a nice day. `Why not go for a walk? It could calm me…'
 
Making up her mind, she grabbed her sneakers, put them on and then grabbed a light jacket, making her way down the building. Taking in the sun, she made her way towards the nearest park around. She wasn't paying much attention to her surroundings…
 
Entering said park, she made a bee-line for the swings. Sitting down on one, she looked around, it was weird. The park was never empty…
 
Shrugging her shoulder lightly, she continued her inspection of the park. Apart from its emptiness, there seemed to be nothing out of ordinary. It's probably the cop in her that was suspicious. Looking around one last time, she sank into the swing, and began swinging up. It brought back memories of her childhood. When they were younger, her parents would bring Kohaku and herself to the park and swing them as high as they could. Needless to say that they both always headed towards their father, he was just that much stronger than their mother who was no weak woman. Unfortunately, their parents died when she was 14 years old and Kohaku was 8 years old, in a shooting. They were at the wrong place at the wrong time. That's probably what prompted both of the Taijiya to head into the security department.
 
Stopping her swing abruptly, she felt tears come to her eyes. She raised her brother alone. Since she was only 14, they were both placed under their uncle's care, but he was never home so she basically took care of her brother. Wiping the tears out of her eyes, she stood up, she needed to leave.
 
Taking a step towards the exit, she ran into a hard chest. She mumbled a quick sorry, and would of have left but a hand stopped her. A hand that was holding a Kleenex… She looked up to see who it was and was startled to see the same man that almost messed up her entrance test. She huffed, and ran past the man, glaring at him.
 
------------------------------
 
Miroku stood there, dumbfounded, `What just happened?'
 
He saw a crying woman and tended to the woman a Kleenex, that wasn't aggressing or anything like that right? It's not like he groped her though… Wait… He remembers her. She's the one he almost ran into that day! No wonders she was glaring at him. He ran after her on an impulse, forgetting that he was supposed to meet Inuyasha here. Too late though, she was a fast runner and was already gone from sight.
 
Sighing, he slowly walked back to the park, finally remembering that he had to meet Inuyasha there. His ex-captain was job-hunting and probably came back with nothing. Miroku wasn't stupid. It was almost too obvious that the man didn't really care that he was in his old team. He needed a place to crash and Miroku was there at the right time. Should he be anyone else, he would of have kicked him out but Miroku was a good man. He will let the silver haired man stay but only for so long…
 
“So Inuyasha, were you hired?”
 
He only got a glare in return.
 
------------------------
 
That night, Sesshomaru pulled up to Safaia's building, and headed up to her flat. He nodded to the security guard there, who was now used to seeing the man coming to her flat. He rang the bell and waited for his girlfriend to come out. The door opened to reveal Safaia putting on earrings with one hand only. She looked at him and smiled, “Come in, I'm almost ready.”
 
She ran back into her room and came out with her thicker coat and a pair of black killer high heels. `How does she walk in these things?'
 
He took in her appearance; she was wearing a white silky one shoulder Greek styled shirt with and tight black tight skirt that went to her knees. Her foot were bare but she was holding her heels. She looked beautiful as always.
 
“You finished drooling?” Safaia asked her boyfriend, who, contrary to any one else who would of have blushed, smirked and approached her. He planted a kiss on her bare lips, she didn't put any lipstick yet, and said against them, “When you have such a beautiful woman as yours, you stare as long as you can…”
 
Safaia melted against him and in the kiss. “I could say the same thing about you. You do look quite dashing in this outfit of yours.”
 
He was wearing a black silk dress shirt that contrasted very well with his pale skin and a pair of black slacks that covered his black shiny shoes slightly. He also had on a black jacket. “We even match!” Safaia said.
 
He kissed her once more and led her out of her flat. She didn't have to lock it because of the electronic system. When they walked towards the elevator, and its doors opened, she was shock to see Uryu in it. The man looked at the two of them and practically snarled. “You're mine!” he growled out.
 
`How dares he?' Safaia thought before narrowing her eyes. “I'm not yours Uryu.”
 
“You are-” Behind Uryu, stood Ryoku, Midoriko's husband, who they somehow missed seeing that Uryu was standing there, and grabbed the obstructing man's shoulder. Just then, the doors to the elevators slammed shut.
 
The couple looked at each other before nodding. They turned towards the stairs and quickly made their way down. When they arrived at the parking lot, they weren't panting but quite excited. It was mostly adrenaline though. They both wonder what Ryoku would do with Uryu. He wouldn't hurt him, he was a cop after all but still, they were curious.
 
It wasn't long until the elevator's door opened again. Ryoku walked out, grinning, Uryu nowhere in sight. He walked towards them with s kip in his steps.
 
“What did you do?” Safaia asked, “You look too happy.”
“Oh nothing but a good tongue lashing!” He said “But that is not why I came to see you, though I didn't expect to catch that show. Where are you two going?”
“I have a reservation at our usual restaurant” Sesshomaru said. “Why are you here then?”
“Oh, Midoriko has just chosen the godparents”
 
The couple looked at each other and smiled. They would of have completed his sentence but he looked so happy. “We've chosen you two!!”
 
Safaia smiled even brighter and stepped to hug her childhood friend. “Thank you so much” she whispered in his ear, before stepping back for the two men to thank each other.
 
-------------------------------
 
Kagome sank back into her bed that night, her new and unfamiliar bed. She sighed; she has talked with Naraku about the ways things would go during this mission of hers. It took almost all day, and they had to call in food at the end of the night. She found the man very charming but wasn't too sure…
 
She has never had a boyfriend before and honestly, she wasn't looking for one either. Plus, there were no way this sophisticated man would ever even go for her; she was a tomboy, a grown up one but a tomboy nonetheless.
 
Staring at her alarm clock, she saw that it was eleven already. She has been told to get to work at nine tomorrow; a regular 9 to 5 job… She was so far from the truth.
 
`Better get to sleep, it wouldn't do to go to your first day of work with black rings under your eyes, it wouldn't do at all…' Kagome thought to herself.
 
Closing her eyes, the blue eyed woman tried to drift off to sleep but it just wouldn't come. Sighing again, she did the next best thing. She made her way to her desk and picked up her Ipod and lay back down on her bed. She put the earphones in her ear, put the device on shuffle and closed her eyes. She slowly drifted off to sleep.
 
------------------------------
 
Naraku was staring at his ceiling, clad only in his boxer. He thought about the woman sleeping across the hall. She was a fiery one that is for sure. She obviously would of have refused a bodyguard or any form of security if she wasn't on the job herself.
 
This brings this whole thing back to him. If it wasn't for Safaia, would he have taken this job? His company was only linked to that man's because of their fathers; he never takes on a job himself for him… Was that too suspicious? Problem was; it probably was, Suzuki, Katsu will probably get mad too; Naraku had refused to be his bodyguard, hence Herman, a man not connected to his agency.
 
He really had better find an excuse when questions come. Great, he will have to talk to Safaia about it. It's not that he didn't want to see his best friend, it just that, she had gotten irritable these days. People don't see it, but he could. You would think that getting Sesshomaru would calm her down but this whole thing just stressed her more.
 
And that was another thing too; Safaia was the chief of the CTU, which was no secret. His association with her was not unknown either, especially now that his brother was dating her, so it is another thing to be considered. Now why is he only thinking about this now instead of when Safaia called?
 
Taking one last sigh, he closed his eyes and let sleep take him. Hopefully, tomorrow would be less confusing for everyone.
 
----------------------------
 
A whole new day, it was a whole new day…
 
Naraku was sitting at the dining table with a coffee and the newspaper. Kagome looked at the clock on the wall, it showed six o'clock.
 
“You went out?” Kagome asked, looking at the newspaper,
“I went for a jog. I go everyday.”
“Oh”
 
Kagome walked around the kitchen and saw that the coffee machine still had a lot of coffee. She poured herself some and opened the fridge to get some milk and the cabinet for sugar.
 
“How are you going to do this today? At Suzuki?” Naraku asked, from the doorway.
“Play it cool I guess. It will be like any another job I had before, just with a whole lot more danger…”
“I guess, remember, I'm driving you there and back, just call me when you are going to go out ok?”
“Sure… Why do I have the feeling there aren't many employee with a bodyguard?”
 
Naraku chuckles “They must not like one more person living with them. They must be living with someone already”
 
“Yes well… A security system completed by cameras isn't much better.”
“It's the lesser of the two evils there Ai, the lesser of the two evils…” Naraku trailed off
 
They stayed silent afterwards, until it was time to go to work. They made their way silently down the building and headed to Ai's Bentley. It was hopefully the start of a brand new day…
------------------------------------
 
“Madam?” Koga called out to Safaia, who was in the truck again, in her seat. She was looking at the small screen connected to the camera device in the Bentley. “Permission to speak freely?”
 
Safaia frowned slightly, “Of course, what is it Koga?”
 
“Safaia, you were really harsh on Kagome yesterday?”
“You weren't there yesterday…”
“I didn't have to be, one of the two agents is part of my family remember? Maybe it's true that she shouldn't have broken out in a fight and called the police but, if I remember well, you did the same thing on your own big undercover case. I was with you Safaia.”
“Koga… This isn't just about that, it's-”
“This all brings back to Ibiki I know that! But stressing her won't be helping her, and neither would be scaring her into the role.”
“I'm not scaring her into anything!”
“Don't you think I know what you did? I know you Safaia! You guilt people into doing what you think is need to be done!” Safaia looked at her officer in shock “You have gotten your way with this, unwind would you?”
“I-”
 
“I have spoken freely Madam.”
 
Safaia looked at Koga, and closed her eyes, “Koga…” She bit her lips; it was an old habit for when she felt guilty. Seeing that, Koga smiled, “Safaia, we're friends before colleagues; I care for you and for Kagome now that she has integrated our little family.”
 
Safaia smiled, and went to hug the man, “Thank you Koga, I think I needed that reality check…”
 
“You're welcome, cousin.”