InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of mission ❯ Untitled ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angels of mission
 
XtopangelX: -Reading Angels of missions from the start and groans- Why do I always? - -Turns around and see the readers- Hey! -scratches the back of her head- Hey guys, huh… I have been writing wrong AGAIN! Why do I always do that, and I double check too, well triple check in some cases. I REALLY need a BETA! Anyone interested? Send me an email!
 
Some errors would be making Rin a Shichinintai-related character when she's supposed to be the negotiator and that Shiori was supposed to make an appearance in the T.R.Shuuryou mission! GRRRR!!!! So as it is, Rin the negotiator will stay herself and Rin the Shichinintai forensic will become Ayumi. About Shiori, well, there were various time skips in the story so yeah.
 
Also, in this chapter, thoughts can be easily identified so there was no need to mark them all. Anyways, enjoy the next chapter! -Smiles innocently then mumbles- hopefully with no errors in this one…
 
Chapter 10:
 
Safaia closed her eyes. Once again, she was standing in the morgue, claiming another death in her team. She slowly walked out of the cold room and walked towards the parking lot. `I should have granted him the leave when he asked. He TOLD me that he was at the brink of being discovered!'
----------------------------------
 
Her cell phone rang when she was in her office. “Safaia Tsuki speaking”
“Agent Tsuki?”
“Yes?”
“It is Yume from the ME”
 
At that, a bad feeling over came the CTU. “Yes?”
“We have found a body. We do not know who he is but your card was found in a secret pocket of his suit. Could you please come to the Forensics department right now?”
 
Safaia felt a lump in her throat, `please don't let it be…' “I'll be there in half an hour.”
----------------------------------
 
She knocked on her own Head's door. “Come in”
 
He looked up from the file he was reading when she opened the door. He smiled slightly and nodded to her, “Agent Tsuki?” he greeted/asked at her sombre face. “Is there something wrong? It's not with the T.R.Shuuryou case is it?”
 
“No sir”
“Then what is it?”
“My… My… Morino Ibiki is currently at the morgue… And”
“The morgue? He's an undercover agent; he should not be coming to recognize a body at this time. Safaia, have him- Safaia?”
 
Safaia had closed her eyes. “He isn't recognizing a body. He's the body…”
 
Sir Ryuka, named Ryuka Ichi, became silent; his eyes were wide before closing too.
 
“I should have granted the leave when he asked for it a few months ago or he wouldn't be dead…”
“Safaia, I'm the one who ordered him to stay there remember? I forbade you to grant him that leave.” Sir Ryuka said, sighing. “He has no family left, is that right?”
“No sir, he had no family left but a wife.”
 
Ryuka looked at her “We'll give him a state funeral and his wife… His wife will get like every other widows of the Country the death compensation” Safaia opened her mouth to protest but he held up a hand. “Also, I want you to be the one who would inform her, I want her to know before the official letter arrives in a week's time.” She nodded “And… Make sure she's taken care of… I remember now, Anko…”
 
He took a breath. “Now the question is, do we send another agent in so soon?”
------------------------------
 
The medical report in Safaia's hand stated that Ibiki has been dead for at least a good three days before he was found. There were at least ten bullets in the man. Even if the bullet in his heart had not been fatal, he would of have bled to death… There is no proof that he was killed by the man he was spying on. All the casings at the scene have been collected and sent to the forensics.
 
She had called Kagome yesterday and asked her to come by today in the afternoon. They were given more days of break in the end but she was at her office.
 
-----------------------------
Safaia's P.O.V
“We'll give him a state funeral. Now the question is, do we send another agent in so soon?” Ryuka asked.
 
I froze. Can I send another one of my people in there? So soon… Ibiki just died and…
“I… I'm not… I don't know sir.” I said, back straight and tensed. My tone was formal. It was easy to see that I wasn't completely here. That is my auto-pilot mode.
 
“Safaia… Think about it. We can't let the case go like that and we can't risk another life that way. Maybe send a worker this time?”
“A worker?”
“Yes… It's clear that another henchman is not going to work. A worker, such as a secretary or everyday faceless employee might work. They'll be inconspicuous and a wall flower.”
“I guess…”
End of P.O.V
----------------------------
 
A knock on her door snapped the Madam out of her thoughts. `I guess she's here. It is now or never.' “Come in.”
 
Safaia opened the file on her desktop, Ibiki's file. `Why did I send my interrogation specialist there? Now I lost him…' Sighing she turned to her computer again and delete the file she was looking at.
 
The door opened and Kagome entered the office. She stood there waiting for permission to sit down. Safaia lifted her head and motioned with a nod the seat in front of her.
 
“You asked to see me Madam?” Kagome asked.
“Can you please wait a minute Officer Higurashi?” Safaia asked. Kagome frowned before replying affirmatively, she has never called her Officer Higurashi before. Did she do something wrong?
 
Safaia walked out of her office and walked into the break room. She took a deep breath and sat down. `Can I do it?'
 
She looked at the billboard. A picture of Ibiki has been added an hour ago, by herself. He was smiling with his wife in his arms. His wife, Anko was also an officer. She had went to see the now widow after her meeting with Ryuka and had to tell her the news. It was heart-breaking. Anko was a tough woman, and she has never cried in front of anyone, probably not even Ibiki but to see her break down today…
 
`I'll have to do this, if only to avenge this proud man.'
 
Safaia walked back to the office, and stood at the cadre of the door. She racked her throat and a worried Kagome turned towards her. “Follow me.”
 
Kagome stood behind her superior worried. They marched towards the parking lot and went in Safaia's car.
 
`Where are we going?' Kagome thought.
 
They pulled to a stop after about half an hour of a tensed and silent ride. They pulled up at the Central Headquarters where the ME office and the Forensics department was located. “What are we doing here?” Kagome asked.
 
“You'll see.”
 
They walked in and two women standing at the reception scanned them. They were obviously armed. But so were they. “Call Yume from the ME. Tell her that Madam Tsuki is here for the latest case.”
 
The first receptionist nodded. And took a brief glance at me, “She's with me” Safaia said.
 
They went up after they got the nod. Walking in the elevator, the older of the two women noticed the younger one's anxiety. “Kagome…” she started “What you are going to see today, nobody can know about it, understood?” `Way to comfort her Safaia…'
 
They went to the morgue. `What is happening?'
In the cold room, a short woman in her thirties was standing beside a covered examination table. When the two came in, she immediately lowered the white cover and Kagome saw an extremely scarred dead man. `Oh God…'
 
“This is Morino Ibiki. He… Yume, can you? ...” Safaia asked the medic who nodded. Yume left the morgue and Safaia turned back towards Kagome and continued. “This man was my undercover beside one of the biggest mobster of this century. He was discovered a few days ago, dead. I… I was given the choice to send someone else in the mission but as a worker this time.”… “I… I.I didn't know if I should. Truthfully, I still didn't know by the time you walked in my office before… But then I went in the break room to take a breath when you came in I saw a picture of him and his wife and I thought, if not only for avenging him… That is the worst thought the police can have but I couldn't help it… So Kagome… Can you find it in your heart to accept this mission that could very well kill you?”
 
--------------------------
Kagome's P.O.V
 
I didn't know what to do, so I froze. My body stopped, and I don't think what shocked me most. The fact that Madam Tsuki just confessed that she wanted me to take this mission; this life threatening mission, to avenge her lost comrade or the fact that I was actually considering it. That I was actually going along with the same stream thought as of her. That I believed what she said, the way she saw it. Then, my body relaxed and my mouth moved before my mind registered what it was saying.
 
“I can…”
 
Madam Tsuki looked at me and then, she was Safaia. “Are you sure Kagome?”
“Yes Safaia, I am.”
 
End of P.O.V
-------------------------
 
Safaia took a deep breath, “Very well. Follow me back to the office where the official documents are.” another breath later “Kagome?” The younger of the two looked up. “Thank you.”
 
------------------------
 
Sesshomaru sat in his office working like always.
“Mr. Taisho?” came from the intercom, it was his secretary.
“Yes Hikari?” Sesshomaru said
“Your twelve o'clock, Mr. Suzuki is here to see you.” Hikari said through the intercom
“Send him in.” Sesshomaru said, before standing up and tying his suit's button and looks up to the door when it was opened by his employee. He extended his hand to the man walking in. He was accompanied by two bodyguards, both tall and menacing, at least, to most people. Mr. Suzuki himself was a man of average height, with jet black hair and brown eyes, not bad looking but he didn't have the beauty of the Taisho brothers. He was an average man with a lot of money.
 
There was always something fishy about the man, but only on behalf of his father was Sesshomaru doing business with him. The man was always protected, and he was jumpy, well, not a lot but enough to be suspicious. His ways of dealings are mostly unethical and they often did not meet at the same level, but as well the man was dealing with Sesshomaru on behalf of his father too.
 
Their fathers were great friends and the Suzuki father and son were two completely different individuals.
 
-------------------
 
Kagome was in her apartment, sitting on one of the couches. In between her hands; the folder concerning her latest mission was. She was holding it with little strength; it looked ready to fall down at any time. Sighing she tightened her hold on it and opened it. Scanning the folder, a crease of worry came upon her brow. She was a fresh out grad student of the Oxford University of Law. She knew NOTHING about law! The most she knew were what she experienced in court in the few cases she had to participate in because she was on the job when whatever crime she was testifying in occurred. And that only consisted in saying her point of view, getting asked a few questions and then bye, she's home again.
 
Shutting her eyes tightly for a second, she was back reading the file. She will be working as the suspect's lawyer secretary. They would be working in the same building. She would have to get as many information as possible. “Try not to make contact with any of his guards, especially the head guard; Herman” Safaia had noted beside the order.
 
Suzuki, Katsu
Father: Suzuki, Katashi
Mother: Suzuki/Sato, Suzu
Age: 36 years old
Height: 5” 6, which is actual, average height of a man in Asia (I checked)
Weight: 154 lbs
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Profession: President of Suzuki Corps
 
Groaning, she laid her head on the couch… And they had to go to this stupid ball the government were hosting in honour of their MARVELOUS arrest. Sometimes she wondered if it was the wife of the person in charge that just wanted to primp up…
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
Safaia headed inside the gigantic ballroom. Why did she even agree to come to this ball, since when does the police department host events such as this? Groaning slightly, she nodded slightly to Kagome and Sango who were both already inside and talking to their dates. Sesshomaru tightened his arm around her and murmured slightly “C'mon we don't even have to stay for long, let's get this over with.”
 
She was wearing a beautiful black and white two pieces gown. The top was an off shoulder solid black that was tight around her chest and waist but fell off her shoulders gracefully. The bottom was a white skirt that flowed to the floor. Black lines were woven into the silky material from the top left side to diminish gradually into the bottom right. They couldn't see her black high heel sandals underneath. She had a black clutch bag with white linings and her long straight black hair was in an intricate style on top of her head with two transparent chopsticks sticking out, some of her hair was curled to hand out from the bun and she had curly side bangs too. Her jewellery was composed of hanging black earrings with small diamonds here and there and a hanging necklace of the same style.
 
Looking at Kagome, she noticed that the spy was wearing a loose dress. The 70's inspired dress started from the neck, were a turquoise silk band was snugly tight around the neck and the silky material just seemed to flow around her figure from that band. It stopped just above the knees; the silky material was composed of vertical striped, going from the neck to the knees. The striped alternated from white to turquoise. She wore white boots that only went to her ankles. A gold hear was hanging from the. Her usually curly hair were straightened and pulled into a high ponytail. She had a white bag, rectangular in from with a golden metal strap. Her jewellery consisted of big white thick hoops and matching bangles around both wrists. She looked as she was stepping out of a 70's movie.
 
Lastly, Sango was wearing a blood red gown. It was a corset like top, no sleeves or straps, only a corset with intricate black designs woven her and there. The bottom part was just as long as Safaia's own bottom in a solid blood red color only there was a long line that came from her right knee to the bottom showing her red strap heels. She was also holding a clutch modeled after her dress; blood red with black lines here and there. She let her long hair down but she curled it loosely, giving them a natural curly effect. She had a pendant with black ruby studs. The pendant was made of various rubies to form a heart. A ruby bracelet was hanging loosely on her left wrist. On both arms, she was wearing silk blood red gloves that went past her elbows.
 
Kagome's date was Naraku, ironically, because she swore she heard the man mention that he had something to do tonight. And Sango's date was currently Bankotsu, who was ogling some girl that was at the bar.
 
All the major works in the Japanese government were there including their Prime Minister and Emperor. She could spot out Midoriko, Kaede, Kagura, Kanna, and the rest of her department. Their unit's profiler was there too; which just happens to be Rumiko.
 
Stepping down the long Imperial staircase, some people's eyes were on her. Others were on the couple behind me and such. Her whole unit were there. Even Hakudoshi was there. She also saw Ayame in her emerald dress hanging on Kouga's arm waving delicately at her. She sighed again, oh right, they had to be following all the proper etiquette too… Wait was Jakotsu wearing a suit? Oh god, that was a first…
 
She heard a chuckle behind her. “What are you laughing at?”
“You look… cute?” he asked-answered.
“Hm?”
“You just looked annoyed back there. It was funny. Oh look Naraku is coming”
 
Indeed the darker brother was walking towards them with Kagome on his arm.
“Hi” All four said at the same time. They looked at each other and laughed. Sango and Bankotsu had joined the by then and were looking at them weirdly.
 
“Not even going to ask” said Bankotsu. “Hey what is HE doing here?” They all turned towards the stair and saw Kikyo and Inuyasha making their way down. “But I thought only the higher ups and our unit were invited?”
 
“They invited the CID departments too. Both units will be there. But it seems most are fashionably late.” Safaia said, looking at the odd couple. She had to admit that Kikyo's dress looked good… on anyone but her. It was royal blue, which was defiantly not her color even though royal blue went well on pale skin normally, and it flowed to the floor loosely from her waist. But the problem was that the woman was skinny, very skinny. So the dress looked two sizes too big on her instead of looking good. There was a black belt around her waist, but it only emphasizes her thinness. Kikyo had definitely chosen the wrong dress for her. Inuyasha walked down the stairs as if he owned the place, in his black tuxedo, white undershirt and black tie. But he just looked out of place. Next to waltz in were Hojo and his date, a modest looking girl in a black cocktail dress. Then walked in the rest of the Shichinintai and their dates, all dressed chicly.
 
“So Naraku, I thought you were busy tonight?” Safaia asked her best friend.
“Well, I was! This beautiful lady here had asked me to go to this event with her already.”
 
Kagome blushed under Safaia's playful stare, though the latter had lost her smile for a second when she looked at Kagome. “Beautiful lady huh? Anything you two want to fill me on?”
 
Kagome sputtered some almost silent nonsense before blushing again. Naraku laughed beside her, “She meant that no there's nothing going on here. But this little lady is a shy little thing isn't she?”
 
Kagome blushed again, but this time she said “Oh stop it! You're making me blush and I do NOT blush!” She pouted then, and her entourage just laughed quietly again.
 
The lights suddenly dimmed and a light shone on Sir Ryuka who was up on stage with Kaede, the Prime Minister and the Emperor. He racked his throat, calling out to silence everyone out there.
 
“Attention please”
 
Everyone finally looked at him. “We are here tonight to celebrate the arrest of a terrorist cell here in our dear country. We will have to give thanks to our CTU unit who are all present here” Everyone clapped politely. “Now, I'll give the mike to our Prime Minister”
 
The Prime minister made his own thank you speech followed by Kaede. When the Emperor stood up, everyone in the room bowed deeply. He made his speech, which also consisted of a thank you part. “Now, I have the pleasure to reward all the members of the CTU unit with a medal of bravery and wit. Please welcome onto the stage Madam Tsuki Safaia,” Safaia took about two minutes to cross the giant ballroom and its masses of people to accept the medal around her neck. Its pin counter part would be place officially on her official coat in a few moths time. After their undercover mission with Kagome, this event was not public, but they still feared leaks since the pin receiver list of names were to be posted on the newspaper.
 
The list continued as followed in alphabetical order.
 
At the end of the ceremony, everyone was directed to the dining room where they were all sat around giant red and gold round tables. The CTU unit and their dates were seated at tables in the front of the room. On the slightly more elevated part were the much higher ups and the royals.
 
An entrée of Miso soup was placed at their places along with a small plate of shrimp and vegetables tempura and a plate of beef sashimi. They only indulged in the food after wiping their hands in a hot towel provided for them. They picked up their chopsticks or spoons only afterwards. They had a small dipping dish with Soya sauce in there.
 
They made small conversation while waitresses and waiters moved to put small dishes meant for Sake in front of them. After the entrées were done and taken away, they moved in again to pour Sake in their dishes. Another while after, the Emperor made a toast to the success of their mission again and everyone drank from their Sake dishes, taking only small sips.
 
There were now a many small dishes placed in front of them. Various plates of different meals meant for a single person occupied the space of eating. There were a bowl of udon in front of them, along with oden, sushi and sashimi, Sekihan; red rice, and various more traditional plates and more common meals.
 
For dessert they had dango and karumetou(1) with green tea. Throughout the dinner were various small speeches and toasts from the elevated stage. There were also more Sake being poured, but never to the demand of someone, that was against etiquette.
 
“And you said we didn't have to stay for long?” Safaia whispered to Sesshomaru after yet another speech.
 
“You're the one who should of have known that this would have been traditional.”
 
“Whatever!” she whispered again before smiling brightly to a waiter who was pouring her Sake again. `He's trying to get me drunk or what?' It was customary to finish even the last grain of rice in her plate so she had to drink all the Sake she was served as well. At least, Safaia had a good alcohol tolerance, as did all of her agents. It was one thing she tested before admitting them. Then she remembered she didn't have her three new agents tested on that peculiar point. She quickly looked at them; they were at her table, and sighed relieved, they were holding up. Though Bankotsu seemed to be laughing slightly, why though?
 
Near the end, most people were dancing, which included Sesshomaru and Safaia. It was almost an order only never said. They were waltzing near Midoriko and her husband. She was wearing a one shoulder only dress, but it wasn't a strap, but it was draped over one shoulder to fall lightly and wrapped on her chest and waist. Then from the same style of draped material, the fabric hugged her hips and legs until it reached the bottom of her dress, at her knees, the dress was a soft silvery white color, clashing with the intense style of the dress. She had white pumps and her hair was loose around her. All four slowly waltzed out of the dance floor and sat down at one of the ballroom tables.
 
“It's been a while Sesshomaru.”
“Yes it has Mido, how is everything?”
“Oh same as always. Nothing special but…” she trailed off. Safaia and Sesshomaru looked at her, not knowing to frown or not, you could never know with her if she was going to tell you something happy or sad. And truthfully, neither was in a good state to take something sad right now.
“I'm pregnant!!!”
 
Safaia immediately jumped up, in her long gown, to hug her friend as Sesshomaru was quick to congratulate the soon to be father.
“Oh my god!! How far are you along?”
“Three months, I found out yesterday!”
“I'm so happy for you!”
 
After the happy news, in which Naraku walked in and gave his own congratulations to the soon to be parents, the soirée was ended and they were all headed home. It was surprising that Inuyasha hadn't tried to approach Safaia tonight but it was all the better for her. He probably didn't want to talk to either Naraku or Sesshomaru. The two of them had told her what happened and she didn't know whether to pity him or to laugh at him. She was a hard cop but she was a sensitive woman…
 
In the end, she settled on laughing at him, he deserved it, with what he said to her surrogate parents. Kagome also told her what happened with the youngest Taisho at Renkotsu's apartment and that just made her laugh, no pity there. Though she couldn't help but wonder where he was living now. He was probably mooching off one of his long time no see friends. If only she knew how true that was.
 
-------------------
 
The day after the ball, it was the beginning of Kagome's next mission. Everyone was called in sooner than they were supposed to be. After briefing them, they all complied to this mission and Kagome's transformation from being a tomboyish woman to a sophisticated law secretary begun.
 
Her normally loose curly hair was neatly styled and she was told that someone was going to do her hair every morning. She had been given a pair of personalized glasses with thin frames and mostly useless lenses and also a pair of contact lenses in case. A whole new wardrobe was being fitted for her, going from business suits to few gowns in case she had to accompany the lawyer to certain events. The lawyer was single, so he usually took his secretaries to balls.
 
She also had a manicure and several more fittings for shoes, casual clothing (in case again) and she had a new phone.
 
After her physical transformation was complete, a specialist was coming to help her memorize all those law terms and facts. She would be as bright as any lawyer by the time they would be done with her.
 
And after that, she was told that she was schedules for an interview the next afternoon.
 
Kagome now went by a new name, and a completely new life. She had a new home, was slightly well off and was a law graduate.
 
Watanabe, Ai
Father: Watanabe Yuudai, deceased
Mother: Satou Miyu, deceased
Age: 24 years old
Siblings: None
Profession: Recent Law graduate
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Black
 
----------------
1: Brown sugar cake