InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of mission ❯ Untitled ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angels of mission
 
XtopangelX: For some reason, in my earlier chapters I might have forgotten a lot of those; the surname comes before the name in Japan, so from now on, I will try to remember. If I forgot any, feel free to point it out. Oh, unless that name is in other languages of course. So Nakano Junsuke, Nakano= surname, Junsuke=name.
 
Chapter 9:
 
Kagome yawned and took a look at her watch. It was nine o'clock, and that was nearly the end of the day, a good thirty minutes and she'll have to go back to the CTU HQ after sending them all the email accounts and sites visited and such. Looking outside the window for a second, she spotted Kanna strolling down the street but ignored her. The golden rule in CTU or any other department actually is that when on a mission, you do NOT know each other.
 
Sighing, she took another look at her watch before standing up to pack up but the sharp ring of the bell that signalled that the door was opened grabbed her attention. She turned to look at the person. It was a man of around 6 feet probably; he was muscled but looked somehow weak, as if he was being too careful. Kagome turned and frowned but she still said “I'm sorry sir, but we're closing in fifteen minutes”
 
The prices at this café started from three hundred Yen for a twenty minutes use. “I won't take long.” He said in a small voice, once again, Kagome was startled by how different the man was from his stature. She couldn't see his face under the hood of his coat but could see some skin; it was much paler than the somewhat yellow tint of the Asian folks.
She faked a sigh and nodded reluctantly and pushed the electronic guestbook pad towards the man and accepted the money from that gloved hand. Her own hand was covered by an unseen layer of plastic that would keep her prints away from what she touches.
 
She gave him a paper with the station 20 written in it. It was close enough for her to watch him without him knowing and she could see vaguely what was on his screen but he wouldn't be able to see her because of his turned back. With him being situated in the middle of the place, he had little chances to escape should the CTU bust in from all four of the exit doors of this quite big café.
 
She smiled slightly and nodded towards the station. She could still see Kanna from the corner of her eye and tapped on her desk slightly as if impatiently waiting for the man to leave.
 
The man turned around from his chair and watched her; she smiled slightly before turning back to her tapping. He eventually turned around and continued. She looked at her watch `Ten minutes'
 
She stood up and started packing again and when she finished with her bag, she sat down and opened a screen. Scrolling through emails, she spotted what she wanted. Hitting send, the whole page and lists were sent to the Headquarters and she pushed a button on her own `diamond' bracelet. She called out, “Sir?”
 
The man turned around. “Yes?”
 
She walked towards him, quickly taking a peek at what he was doing, a normal response for any receptionist in this line, and he quickly minimized his current work window. “We're closing now; I need to turn all the stations off.”
 
“Five more minutes Ma'am and I'll be finished”
 
Kagome nodded and waited until he turned around before putting her arms around her stomach and turned back. She heard the clicking sound of a mouse and smiled, her head turned slightly and she said “Sir?” `Time to use that precious information we got from his own men.'
 
“Yes?” His voice was annoyed.
“Could you stand up please and turn around?”
He looked up immediately, “What?”
 
She pointed at his feet; there was a white mouse there, just beside his right feet. She noticed a slight jump by that leg and he stood up immediately, his arms straight to his side, his eyes staying on the mouse. He then felt his hands being pulled together. His eyes' widened. “What?”
 
“Mr. Aleksey Nikolsky, you are hereby under arrest on several counts of attempted murders, breaking and entering, stolen properties and most of all, attempted terrorism. You do not have to say anything but anything you do say will be used in the court of law.” Safaia said from behind him after handcuffing him and keeping a strong hold on his arms, Sango and Shippo flanking his side, each holding onto a big muscled arm.
 
Kagome stood slightly before him by now and bent over to pick up the mouse and turned it over to turn it off. She smiled at the man, “That was probably the best spent three hundred Yens of your life sir.”
 
-------------------
 
“Sesshomaru,” Naraku knocked on the opened door of his twin's home office. “Can I come in?”
 
The silver haired man looked up and nodded. “Sess, are you okay?”
“Yes, why would you ask that?”
 
Naraku looked at him “You haven't been back at the office ever since the shooting. You haven't even stepped a foot in that building ever since. You haven't answered any of Safaia's calls and she's worried about you. We're all worried Sesshomaru, why are you closing off from us?”
 
It was unusual for the dark haired man to speak so emotionally but his brother was probably what he cared most for at the moment. Before either could speak again, their mother rushed into the office without knocking and said “Boys you have to watch this.” While opening the TV inside the office, the two brothers looked at each other.
 
On the screen was a press conference with many decorated police officers sitting on the long table and in the middle was Safaia in her own decorated uniform sitting there.
 
“Agent Tsuki, is it true that the shootings at the Shun and Taisho buildings were made by the same people?” A reporter asked
 
“Yes, it is true that-” She was cut off by another who asked about the identity of the culprit.
“I am not in position to divulge the identity of our captive, nor am I in liberty to tell you all why such things happened. But I can say, with all certitude that no more shootings from these people or of this nature will occur in the city.”
 
The officers sitting there were all answering questions one by one, though they were mostly towards the CTU head.
 
Back in the office, the Taisho were looking at the TV with slight awe. Safaia always looked comfortable in her place. That was what she showed them in this interview. She didn't hesitate in her answers and she was also direct with them.
 
Sesshomaru looked at the screen and sighed, he had dreamed for quite a while that he would be the one to protect Safaia from harm but it looks like she could defend her self pretty well, if anything, she'll probably be the one who will protect him in the future and that was a blow at his ego. Not only that but the image of her shooting those men so easily, it just couldn't leave his head. He could not see the bodies that he was sure were littering his hall but he could imagine them, even though he escaped by the back elevator, thing that they could of have done in the very beginning!
 
He sighed while still watching the TV. What was he going to do?
 
---
 
Safaia sighed as she leaned back into her comfy office chair. She took a look at her cell phone and sighed, no missed calls. Sesshomaru was not answering her back and Naraku along with herself had a good idea why…
 
---
 
Naraku looked at his brother. Their mother just left and it was silence again. “You know you still have to answer me.” He said
 
Sesshomaru looked at him “What do you want me to say? I feel weak, useless. Disgusted?!”
 
“Disgusted? What are you disgusted at Sesshomaru? What? Is it that Safaia can kill someone? Is that because she didn't blink during the process? Why the hell are you disgusted with us?!”
 
Sesshomaru looked at his brother. He rarely ever loose his cool, in fact, neither does him but what he just said struck a cord.
 
“Yes! Yes! I am! I can't take the damn image of her shooting people so easily out of my mind. I can't take that she can kill so easily! That I can't even go into that lobby without thinking about that again! I can't take the fact that I am not enough to protect her, the one I love! That I have to be protected BY her!” Sesshomaru shouted back. A gasp was heard by the door, they turned toward that, and standing there was Safaia and their mother. Safaia's hand was on her mouth but then she closed her eyes and turned to leave. Their mother stood there, eyes wide. She shook her head and went after Safaia. The twins heard a car door slam and watched by the window that gave view towards the drive in. They saw Safaia's Mercedes Benz driving away. Naraku sighed, “I have to go now, but think over it, and before you loose any chances you might have had with her.”
 
He left then, but his mother came in after. He didn't look up to her until she said what she said. “You two are not dating are you?”
 
He looked up. “Talk to me” she said
 
----
 
Safaia was driving away from the mansion and while keeping her eyes on the road, her mind wasn't there. Sighing, she pulled over at the nearest drive in and parked her car. She put her head down on the wheel and closed her eyes. She stayed like that for a while before hearing a knock on the window by her side. She looked and saw a tall man with blond hair and blue eyes. `Bill?'
 
She rolled her window down and looked at the man. “Bill?”
 
The man nodded, “Are you okay Sam?” Samantha was her English name, well, it was Anna Samantha but yeah, that didn't sound too good…
 
“Yeah…” Bill, well, William Lauriers, was a good friend of hers. She turned her head and found his silver car. He was the psycho-analyst of the CTU and an ex-boyfriend of hers but well, they broke up on good terms. That and the fact that he was married by now make it impossible for them to be back together, well, not that they wanted to either.
 
William Lauriers had blond hair, blue eyes, and came from Canada, Montréal Québec. “What happened?” He asked, not believing her for one second.
 
“Nothing.”
 
“I know you Sam; you just don't pull over and lean your head on your wheel for nothing.”
 
“I'm fine, look, I'm pulling out!” Safaia started her car again before stopping it again. “Wait, what are you doing here?”
 
“Ok, now I know you're not alright.”
 
Safaia frowned, he pointed at the house in front of her and she smiled when she recognized it. It was Bill's house. But that meant… “Why did you ask me why I pulled over? I could have just come visiting you!”
He looked at her with an eyebrow raised.
 
She looked down for two second then pulled out immediately, making the man leaning on her car almost fall. He shouted after her, and she grinned in her car. Getting back to her flat, she walked in and sat on her couch. She had given her crew the rest of the day free for them to relax before their next case. Thinking about it, she was already having a headache. She headed to her kitchen and opened her fridge. She pulled out some lettuce, cucumbers, and other vegetables but no tomatoes. She hated tomatoes. She took out two eggs and started to boil them. She cut the vegetables and everything and put them in a bowl. She opened the fridge again to look for her salad dressing and found none. `Well, I have to make it now.' She started to look for the ingredients but she was missing something. `Olive oil… Well have to buy some now.'
 
She turned off her stove and put the eggs under cold water before going to the market. When she came back, she started to cut her boiled eggs and put them on the salad. She started on the dressing and was about to start with the steak when her doorbell rang.
 
She frowned and wiped her hands and went to open the door. She was surprised to see Sesshomaru at the door. “Um, Hi?”
 
“We need to talk.”
----
 
Naraku sat at his office, staring at the young man in front of him. He had dark brown/black hair up in a ponytail like but it was spiky, and he had eyes similar to his sister. Sango, actually, Bankotsu had asked him to take in this young man and he did not regret saying yes. This is the first time he met the guy but he was full of potential, if only in the way he held his head high when he entered the office even though his eyes betrayed a slight bit of anxiety he must be feeling, `hmm, we'll have to deal with that later.'
 
“Kohaku Taijiya?”
“Yes, sir.” He said. Naraku smirked, `obedient too eh?'
“You do know I only took you in as a favour for your sister and her friends?”
 
Kohaku was able to hide his flinch at the last moment. He hated the fact that he had to rely on his sister to have gotten this opportunity, but he was glad nonetheless, though hearing it from his current boss made him feel small.
 
“Yes, sir”
“You go on with your yes sirs and I'll think you're in the force.” Naraku said in a professionally teasing tone, if that even exists.
 
Kohaku looked at Naraku. “We do the same job.”
 
Naraku's eyes opened up wide then narrowed. “Let's put one thing clear. We are not the police. We do not save everyone. We save those who paid us and those close to us. That is the first rule of being a body guard. The first rule of a P.I is that we are observers, not heroes.”
 
The younger male in the room looked at the older one and nodded albeit hesitantly in the beginning. “Very well, at least you now know that I won't go easy on you because Sango helped you. I have a current case on my hand. I need you to find me some information on a certain Nakano Junsuke…”
 
---------------------
 
Sesshomaru drove back home, heart less heavy and feeling light headed. He just talked to Safaia about what was on his heart ever since then and she KISSED him and called him an idiot. Though he deserved that… He spent the rest of the day at her place, after all, she was cooking supper and one more steak to cook wasn't going to kill her.
 
Sighing, he snapped out of his reveries when he got a call. “Sesshomaru Taisho speaking” he said when he pressed the handset.
 
“Son, it's your father.”
“Of course, what is it?”
“Your half-brother is- Wait, are you driving?”
“Yes why? What did my pathetic little-?”
“Sesshomaru!”
“What did he do this time?”
“I'll wait until you get home to tell you.”
 
Sesshomaru frowned. What did his pathetic little half-blooded brother did this time around? He mused over it until he thought back to Safaia. Wait, did that mean they were going out now? For real, not for pretend-
 
He pulled over on his family mansion drive way and walked in the house to be greeted by servants. He nodded to them and asked them where his father was. They told him that he was in the living room. He went there and was greeted by the sight of his father holding his forehead and his mother glaring at the youngest Taisho.
 
“What did he do?” asked a voice behind him. It was Naraku, so he was called back too.
 
The elders curved their heads towards their sons and sighed. Sugimi looked at his wife and she sighed. “Inuyasha here lost his job, his place and his honour.”
 
Inuyasha immediately yelled “I did not loose my honour!”
His father pushed him back into his seat and grounded out that he will respect his mother. “Pffft, she's not my mother.”
 
All three Taisho turned their heads toward him and glared hard but the only female in the family stopped them before anything. “It does not matter he does not see me as his mother. I don't see him as a Taisho either.” Sugimi's eyes widened. “No love, don't do this.”
 
“Oh but I will. You see you little despicable moocher, without my agreement of you entering the family will, you will not get a cent of Sugimi's will.”
 
The youngest silver haired male in the room immediately stood up. “What?!”
“You heard me. Without my approval, you will not get a cent.”
“What did he do?” asked both twins at the same time.
“He came here asking for his father to give him his well due part of our will to him now because he lost his job and his place. Oh, and we had to let him mooch off our place as well?! Oh, hell no!” The woman was a very peaceful woman but even she couldn't stand the boy.
 
The twins glared at their younger sib- younger acquaintance, he has enough guts to ask for such things. Sugimi sighed, “If it is so, you will need the approval of the sons that came out of our lawful marriage to agree-”
“We agree.” And there goes Sugimi's last chances that Inuyasha might be able to survive in the wilderness of the city on his own. On his nuptials were clearly stated that any children born out of wedlock in their family can see themselves being refused their heritage if the wife/husband and the eldest son or sons in this case agree to, in plain words, kick him off the family tree.
 
“Inuyasha, I am sorry”
“We're not” chimed three voices
“But you are hereby removed from our family tree and will not get a cent of our will. Please remove yourself from the Taisho grounds or the police will be called.”
------
 
Inuyasha sat wide eyed in the taxi, the shock not having left him yet. This current cab was paid by his father, said that was the last dispense he'll make for his count. Then he growled, scaring the driver, it was all the fault of that bitch and her sons. He was supposed to get his FAIR part of the will; he was supposed to be freaking rich!
 
He told the cab to stop and left without paying, that part was already done. He looked at the building in front of him. Renkotsu's place, last chance. He rang the bell and someone came to answer the door and he was surprised to see the one that made him loose his job. “What are you doing here?!” He yelled out
 
Kagome stood at the door, looking at him strangely. Bankotsu came in behind her and asked “What's with the yelling?”
 
“Dunno,” Kagome said, turning back to go inside “Deal with him, Suikotsu's calling, someone probably burned the water again” She smiled.
 
Inuyasha stood there, with his eyes wide, `What's with today?'
“Who are you?” Asked Inuyasha
“I'm Bankotsu. Ren's older brother.” Bankotsu said “And I already know who you are. What do you want?”
“Huh… I need to see Renkotsu…”
 
Bankotsu nodded, and called for his sibling. Though instead of him coming, it was a much younger boy that looked like that woman and said “Ren's in the loot, what?”
“Sota, go in there and tell Ren to get his ass out of the loot, and to hurry his ass here. He got one of the Taisho's here”
“Sure. REN GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!” He yelled.
“Sota?”
“Yes?”
“You know what go in and tell someone something means right? IT DOES NOT MEAN YELL-”
 
“BANK!” A voice came from inside “Stop freaking yelling. You're scaring little Suigetsu!” It was Kagome and Suigetsu was Suikotsu's son with his wife, Hana.
Bankotsu scratched the back of his head sheepishly and that was when Renkotsu came out.
“What?”
“The Taisho brat is here for you…” Inuyasha was going to protest but Renkotsu had looked at him with a look that meant shut up.
 
The two others went back inside.
 
“What do you want Inuyasha?”
“Huh, can I come in?”
“I don't think it's a good idea. All my siblings are inside and-”
“You mean that bitch is your sister?”
“Bitch?”
“Yeah. Black hair and blue eyes, ring a bell?”
 
Inuyasha got a punch to the face, “Leave Inuyasha, you do not call Kagome a bitch in front of any of us”
“She made me loose my freaking job!”
“She's my half-sister.”
 
Renkotsu went to close the door but Inuyasha stopped it “I need a place to crash-”
“No”
“I don't have anywhere to go”
“Go to your parent's, now leave-”
“They disowned me! That bitch-”
“Shut Up!” A voice came from inside, it was strangely feminine while masculine at the same time “Don't you dare insult Safaia's mother-in-law to be in front of us!”
“Jakotsu!” Sounded different voices
“What?”
“Guys! Go back inside” Renkotsu said “Jeez, you'd think you're watching a drama show or something.”
 
He heard some giggling in the back, probably Rin, Kagome, Hana and Suigetsu. “I'm sorry Inuyasha, I can't take you in. Half of my brothers live here and they really don't like you.”
“They never met you-”
“They just did.”
 
Renkotsu closed the door after that. Inuyasha leaned against the wall and slid down. There goes his last chance. He stood up and wandered the streets. He stopped in front of a public park and saw benches. `I might as well sleep here for tonight. My bags are surely going to b thrown out tomorrow by my landlord.'
------
 
Miroku and his buddies were working the valet station. A luxurious car pulled up and out came a poorly dressed man, one of his friends as well. The customer came out the doors of the restaurant and looked at the man. His hand came out and the busboy dropped the keys in it with both of his hands, bowing low. The customer went to sit in his car and frowned at the floor of his car.
 
He waved the man over and pointed to the floor. “What is that?”
“Huh. Dirt, sir?”
“Exactly, so what is it doing in MY car?” He shouted at the man. Miroku immediately came over, “Is there a problem Sir?”
“Yes, your man here put dirt on my floor and refuses to clean it.”
“I didn't-”
“Hachi- I'm sorry sir, I'll get right to it.”
 
Miroku leaned down and cleaned the dirt and stood back up. “There you go sir, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.” The customer looked at it and sneered at them before leaving in his car.
 
“Miroku-sama! I didn't refuse to. Stupid rich men thinking that they own us and-”
“Hachi, you should learn by now that the client is always right.” Miroku sighed. “That was the last customer. The restaurant is closing. We can leave now.”
 
Miroku and the others disbanded and they walked back to their respective home. The next morning found them in a restaurant like café that was normally very cheap. The whole bunch of them looked like a gang with their bleached or dyed hair, piercing and clothing, sitting at various tables, with no manners whatsoever; one had his leg on his chair and the other leg on the floor, sagging in his chair!
 
They were regulars at this place so the boss wasn't scared of them. He knew them to be a nice bunch of valets and though nothing. Miroku was talking to Hachi when he heard some commotions at one of the corners. He looked around and found where the commotion was coming from. The boss who was also a waiter was arguing with one of the customers. He squinted and recognized the man. `Inuyasha Taisho, our soccer team captain back in High School.' He listened to their argument.
 
“What do you mean 969.32 yen for the set? It says that starting at 9 o'clock that set was at 557.32 yen!”
“It is, but you ordered your meal at 7 o'clock and only called for your bill now!”
“And so?”
“We count from when you order!”
“I should call the cops!”
“So should I!”
 
Miroku came in then “Hey Boss, I'll pay his bill.”
 
Inuyasha looked at him and raised an eyebrow. “I'm straight.” He said after the boss left with the money.
 
Miroku laughed, “I see, you don't remember me. It's Miroku, you know, in the soccer team.”
“Houshi?”
“Yeah”
--------------------
 
Kagome was at her apartment cooking breakfast. She yawned a little, she got home quite late yesterday. That little get together at Renkotsu's and the other's place was great but oh so tiring. It was good seeing all of them again though, she had work this afternoon. Madam wanted to see her for something.
 
------------------------
 
A few months ago, Safaia was standing on a roof of a high building somewhere. A tall man dressed in professional attire came behind her. “Madam Tsuki”
 
She turned around and nodded at him. She frowned, he looked worried. “Ibiki?”
 
Ibiki looked at her and said, “You promised that I'll get to leave town after this. I need to leave now! I think he's onto me.”
 
“No he's not, we haven't caught wind of him finding about anything. I promise you will be able to leave Tokyo right after this. But for now, I need you at his side!”
 
A few days ago from the present time, Ibiki was crouched behind a rice paper wall, clutching his bleeding arm. He was shot. He was breathing loudly and tried to control it when he heard footsteps coming his way. It was no use, the room was lighted and the rice paper was thin so that you'll see what was on the other side. Shots sounded through the small rice papered building.