InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of mission ❯ Central Café ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angels of missions
 
Chapter 8: Central café
 
“Ask me what?”
 
The two women turned around and saw Naraku standing there, leaning on the doorway.
 
“Huh… ”Kagome muttered, looking beside her, she saw Sango standing with a hand on her mouth, trying hard not to laugh. “Well, you see, really it was Sango who wanted to ask you something! Sango why don't you ask him? I have to finish the food!”
 
Sango's eyes widened and she glared at her friend. She turned towards Naraku and laughed awkwardly. Kagome has already turned back towards the fish and was already preparing the wok to steam it. Sango finally stuttered out “Huh, well you see-”
 
“Is it about your brother?” Naraku asked.
 
Both women's eyes widened and you heard the sound of a porcelain dish clattering slightly with a metal support due to Kagome's more forceful drop of the fish.
 
“How did you?” Kagome asked, after covering the wok with a cover and turning around.
 
“Your brother, anyways, I would gladly take your brother under my wing Miss Taijiya”
 
“He he” Sango smiled while lightly rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly.
 
The rest of the night went uneventfully, the dined and laughed but at 8 o'clock they all left, as they had a big bad villain to catch the next day.
 
--------------------
 
The next day at the headquarters, two cars pulled up at the same time, and three people dressed in black and white suits came out. Kagome, Sango and Bankotsu looked at the building and sighed, first real day.
 
They went towards their floor, after scanning their fingerprints that have been integrated in the system by now. When they entered the office, they saw that there were no one as of yet. “There's no one.” Kagome said, but Bankotsu pointed up, where Madam's door was opening. She came out and nodded to them.
 
“I see you people are early.”
 
“Where are the others?” Sango asked, “You said that we were to be here at 5.”
 
“They come in at 6. I needed to show, you three, something, and yes, it will take an hour” she said
 
She directed them towards what seemed to be the coffee room, thinking they arrived they stopped, but Safaia turned around and raised an eyebrow, “Move!” All three immediately followed her some more and they were now at the water dispenser.
 
“Gather around the dispenser.” The three did so without complaint, but no one could of have missed the confusion in their eyes. “I'll explain soon” Safaia turned the bottle three times right and once left before the wall beside them moved. They could clearly see the metal inside the wall and the hollowness of the wall the metal slid in. Inside the room were various weapons and what seemed to be a wall of glass with no way inside it. Turning around, Safaia said “This is the safe room, every office of this building has one, but this one is equipped with this bullet-proof wall, and the only way inside are two invisible to the human eye one the walls next to it.”
 
“How do we get in then if we can't see?” Kagome asked
 
Safaia smiled and handed them three contacts boxes. “Inside are three pair of clear lens, you are to put them on everyday of your life. They will not only permit you to see such entrances but also the ones that you miss near the water dispenser. These doors are located all over the city; you just have to find them. Put them on in the bathroom, they tend to make your eyes a little bit uncomfortable in the beginning so you might need time to adjust to them. Come back when you're ready.”
 
Ten minutes later, all three were back and they found Safaia inside the safe room already, behind the glass wall. She motioned to the two doors and signed for them to find the way in. They looked towards the side and spotted the doors but there were no handles. Frowning, Kagome tried to push one, but it did not work, at the other door, Bankotsu tried to push it to the side, but that didn't work either. Beside Kagome, Sango was looking for any buttons but could find none. They looked at Safaia but she seemed to sitting down, with no chairs underneath her. They never noticed the slight opening upstairs. Bankotsu thought of something, and was about to wipe out his gun before Kagome ran to stop him. He looked at his sister and she was looking at him reproachfully. “What?”
 
“It's bullet proof.”
 
“How do you know?”
 
Kagome pointed to the wall and then at the sides that touched the wall, they seemed to curve in slightly, almost unnoticeably.
 
“It's open, ahhh!” They both turned to look at Sango but she was gone and they saw her inside the wall beside Madam. They frowned. Safaia stood there, smirking and shrugged her shoulders when they turned towards her.
 
The siblings moved away from each other, and Kagome headed back to the other door, and decided to lean further in to inspect it, like Sango was doing a while ago. She furiously tried to think of how it could work before she remembered that everything here was activated by- She leaned forwards and “Ahhh!”
 
Bankotsu turned around immediately but his half sister was gone as well. He hit the door with his fist and groaned. He resumed his search and grabbed around. He suddenly felt something glossier than the rest of the door. He leaned forwards towards it and a small laser came out to scan his eyes. He slapped his forehead but someone grabbed the front of his shirt and brought him in. He expected to find himself inside the glass dome but was instead greeted by a flight of stairs and Kagome. She pulled him forward and brought him up to a room where Sango and Madam were standing. Madam was pointing towards where a small window was. He looked down and saw all four of them standing downstairs and the look a like waved up to them.
 
“What-?”
 
“These are holograms, developed by the CTU research department. I was observing you all along, and every time one of you would come up, a hologram of you will appear, as you are scanned as you are entering the hallway to the stairs. The glass wall is but a diversion and as you understood, the doors are only activated by the scanning of pupils or fingers, each scanner has a different place.”
 
“Wait, a diversion?” Kagome asked
 
“The real safe dome is up here, it looks small, but well,” Safaia started sheepishly, “it is actually furnished and all, it is behind that door there, same scanners and all that.”
 
The three rookies laughed along with their chef and Madam looked down at her diamond incrusted watch. Kagome saw the watch and asked “Madam?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Why are you wearing a diamond watch here?”
 
“Those are not diamonds, these are crystals. Unbreakable man made crystals.”
 
The rookies understood, “Well, it's been exactly an hour, let's head down to the main room. The others should be here by now.”
 
The four went back to the room and saw everyone heading to another room. “Where are they-?” Sango started, “Weapons” her chief answered. “Let's go.”
 
They moved towards a room with lockers and shelves, each locker were hidden from others and named, and inside were clothing their sizes and what seemed to be handguns and a rifle in each. The three frowned, rifles weren't their things, or actually, rifles weren't Sango's and Bankotsu's thing, both preferring smaller guns and swords. But it was a shame that swords weren't popular these days, so shameful that people don't seem to believe that a sword can stop a bullet!
 
Everyone was putting on their lightweight bullet-proof vest over their underclothes before covering them, so no one would notice them. Everyone hid smaller guns in different places; Kagura has it in on of her boots. A handgun were all hanging in their belt and they all put on glasses, not those with the thick visor meant to soften the blow of a bullet or any projectiles but ones that look professional but the glasses were actually sensitive to gas, it will not fog up under any gas or smoke. A small Bluetooth like device were in their ears. The CTU were ready to depart as soon as Madam Tsuki signalled them to do so.
 
Safaia looked at her men, and nodded. Downstairs, various five seats cars were waiting for them, all black. She stopped at the middle of the parking lot and everyone gathered around her. “We'll split in four groups, Shippo, you'll take Team A, Kagura, Team B, Kouga, Team C, Bankotsu, Kagome, Sango you'll be with me. Team A, I want you in the internet cafes in the northern part of Tokyo. Team B, you'll be in the South, Team C you'll take East and we'll take West. We'll meet at the downtown before heading to the CID squads.”
 
They got into the cars and headed off. They stopped at the western part of town. The four got out of the car and headed to Network. Network was one of the biggest internet café around town. Sango immediately went towards the reception and asked to be allowed access to the emails account of the clients.
 
“That is confidential Madam, sorry.” The lady at her computer said her nose in the air.
“I don't need to go in their accounts, just their email IDs.” Sango said, flashing her badge this time.
 
The lady's eyes widened and immediately allowed Sango to take her seat. She showed Sango where the files of the clients were stored. At that time, the remaining three walked around and looked at the screen. Most people didn't care, but there was the one or two clients that did not like to have their privacy intruded and tried to hide their screen. These clients did not know that the three were cops.
 
“Madam,” Sango called, Safaia turned towards her and nodded “we're clear.”
 
They left and head towards the next café and the process started all over again. They were almost finished with that part of town when suddenly Safaia's cell phone rang and she pulled it out. “Safaia Tsuki speaking”
 
“Madam? It's Kouga”
“What is it?”
“We've got T.R.Shuuryou here.” Safaia was about to answer when she felt a tap on her shoulder. It was Kagome, who showed her a text message by Shippo, saying that they found T.R.Shuuryou there too. “Kouga, Shippo got a hit as well. Continue your search and note down all the addresses, date, and see if we can get a virus out of it. If anything happens, say that it is confidential to government.” Safaia said, while looking at Kagome who had typed down what she said a minute ago and sent it to Shippo.
“Yes, Madam” Kagome showed her chief Shippo's reply, `Yes, Madam!'
 
“Let's go, we have three more cafés to search.”
 
By the time they all finished and they all got to the CID department, they have collected more than a dozen T.R.Shuuryou entries in the past few weeks, and that is counting the ones before the shooting at the Shun building. “Madam, they have been throughout the whole city.”
 
Safaia sighed, “So this means it's impossible to track them down.”
 
Shippo nodded, and at that time, the cell phone of their head rang and she answered. She frowned and gave whoever was on the other line their location. She hang up and turned towards her subordinates, “The supply vans are coming. The Taisho building is under assault.” She turned towards the CIDs sitting in the meeting room. “You CIDs will head out before us. We still have to wait for the vans… Bankotsu, Kagome, you two will be accompanying them now. You two still have equipment here if I'm correct. I hope you two remember the pattern you were taught last week. We will be joining you soon.”
 
“Yes Madam!” The siblings said
 
When the CTU got to the scene, they saw that S.W.A.T and the CTU were already there. Safaia nodded to Kagome and Bankotsu and motioned them over. “Situation report”
 
“They invaded the building at around nine thirty, but the workers starts at 10 o'clock so there is no workers inside but there is the matter security guards of the Early Bird shift and the Taisho brothers are inside.” Madam Tsuki's head snapped up, and mouthed “no…” Kagome gave her a sad nod. “We do not know if any hostages have been taken or they have hidden somewhere but we do know that they are in danger.”
 
“Safaia! Safaia!” They turned and saw a tall woman bearing a resemblance to the Taisho family. “What?... Take care of the CIDs for now.” Safaia said, before heading towards the woman she considered her mother. “Mom?”
 
The woman looked at her and asked what happened. Safaia could see that Sugimi was coming up behind his wife with a worried look along with Inuyasha who looked bored before noticing her. She frowned, and turned to her `parents' and said “We'll get them out don't worry.” She felt a tap on her shoulder and saw Sango who was already all dressed in the bullet proof gear and asked for the plan.
 
She paused for a moment and said “Do we have the complete blueprint of the building?”
“Yes, we had Kirara pull it up. She is over there by the mobile computers.”
“Very well,” Safaia said after nodding to the family and begun marching towards the computers. “Let me take a look.” She said to Kirara. She sat down and scrolled down the possible entrances and exits of the building and the various spots where the attackers might be. She took notice of the round points and turned towards her gathered team. “I want the same four teams as this morning with the same leads. Shippo,” she motioned him over, “Go in here and be on the lookout. The only way in there is with a card, there is it” Shippo looked at her, she just took the card out of her pocket “It's mine, no time to explain. There are two doors, you will take this one but be careful before going out that door, it will lead you to the fire escape stairs, be careful before exiting upon a level, and I trust you know how to keep your team all alive. Your orders are to try to keep the attackers alive but if it comes to it, the order is to kill.”
 
She turned towards the others “The orders are simple. Try to keep them as alive as possible but if it comes to it, the command is to kill on sight. Team B. You will go in by the roof. Don't worry, there is a way to the roof by the neighbouring buildings, you will go into the left one and make your path to the top garbage chute. There will be a metal plaque, take it off and it is a pathway made for these occasions. Go down and when in the Taisho buildings, the orders are the same. Kouga, your team will be recon, take your smaller hand guns out and replace your agent gun. I want you to go in by the front door, there is sure to be people stationed there, try to find out if they have any hostages. Show them that you are vulnerable to them, but hide all of your more obvious weapon well. You three,” she continued, motioning to the rookies, “We are back up, we go in after them by the side doors, where the cleaning people usually goes by, we will follow the same demands, un-der-STOOD?!”
 
“YES, MADAM!” The whole CTU saluted their chef and headed out. Bankotsu, Kagome and Sango looked at Safaia before the head started to walk very fast towards the side of the building. The Taisho building wasn't square, it has cut off corners in diagonals, the whole building seemed to be made of glass, and the side doors were of the same materials so few people would notice the doors. “The CEO's office can only be opened by a certain code. It changes every week, following a particular order that few can figure out. I don't know if these people figured it out or not, but we will be heading up there. The Taisho building serves the same purpose as the Shun building and the blueprints are stored in the office. The blueprints of the antidote as well are in there so you understood the severity of this?” They nodded and started to head up the cleaner's stairs. When they arrived at the top stairs, they walked along the wall before Safaia opened the door slightly and looked for any sign of life. She noticed two attackers at the code station trying to open it, but the only way to do that is by knowing the code or by going all the way down to the hidden panel. She closed the door with no sound and signed what she saw. Kagome and Sango moved to the other corner of the stairs and Kagome made light flash across the hall with her watch and the lighting. She noticed a man coming their way and nodded to Safaia.
 
They waited until he reached by their door and knocked him out. The other one saw what happened but signalled for people they didn't account for to get them. Safaia crossed her fingers. It was shooting to kill. They heard them coming and busted out shooting at them. They got them all but the one at the station and Kagome saw he was whipping out his gun. She turned hers towards him and shot him in the right arm, and his gun fell. Safaia turned and saw more coming their way. She crossed her fingers again and the shootings began again.
 
At some point, they had to duck and one of the attackers killed their own as they got the man who was grasping his hand, leaning against the wall. They froze momentarily and that gave the opportunity for the CTU to finish the job. They sped towards the office and Safaia punched in the code. They went inside and saw the two brothers. Kagoem closed the door and it locked itself.
 
“Sesshomaru! Naraku!” Safaia said, before hugging them briefly and called her subordinates. “Kagome, be on the look out. There is a camera that looks out.”
 
“Yes MADAM!” She went there while Safaia and the two walked towards the blueprint safe. It was hidden under a couch, under the floor. Safaia looked at Sesshomaru and asked him to open it. He put his finger on the small scanner and it opened. Safaia scanned through and closed it again. “We'll reset the scanner” They did just that and all four agents scanned their fingerprints on rotation with Kagome so that it will need all four of their prints to open it.
 
“Madam, they're coming!” Bankotsu said by the TV as he was the one on rotation. “They're a lot.”
 
With the two women's help, Safaia pushed the couch back in its place before hitting a button hidden inside the couch's armrest. `How does she know all these places?' they wondered for a brief second. Even the brothers did not know what the button served at, they had just gotten a letter saying that if they needed to change that couch, they were to give the government a call, when they received it. Suddenly, whirring sounds were heard inside the office. And five wood panels slid up to show five rifles with the target set outside, while being hidden from the outside. “Naraku, help us. It is a shoot to kill situation.”
 
The five took up their posts by the guns and started shooting. They looked at the TV and saw them all lying on the floor. Safaia held up a hand, and the three took very small guns out of a compartment of their thick boots. There was a head popping out of the corner and it was looking around. When they saw the bodies, the man came out and walked over them before taking out a gun and looked around. Safaia held up a hand and made a fist.
 
Kagome put back her gun and headed towards the rifle station. She locked the target on one of his legs and shot. The man tumbled down on the floor and looked around fervently. No one.
 
He rose again, although stumbling a lot, and reached for the code station. But on order, Kagome had shot his arm. Safaia frowned. She looked at his face, he was familiar. He's… “Kagome!” She whispered, “Aim for his left hand, he's left handed and he knows the code!” Kagome shot twice, missed the first time but made him retract and got his other hand the second time, rendering him unable to punch in the code.
 
“Who is that?” Asked Sango
“The leader's right hand man.”
“How?”
“That tattoo. On his cheek, it's the tattoo of Igor.”
“Igor?”
“I looked into the T.R.Shuuryou organization. And if the right hand man is here, they want something badly. Their base has probably been infested.”
“Madam? What was the Anthrax poison?” Bankotsu asked, fearing the answer.
 
She looked at him and bowed her head. They understood and their eyes' widened. Safaia's right hand moved to her Bluetooth like device in her ear, “Team A report.”
 
“We've got them at the middle floors. There are no more coming.”
“Team B”
“Same with the top floors.”
“Team C”
“Hostages are out and the others captured.”
“All teams, is it safe?” she asked.
“No!”
“Kagura? What happened?”
“They found the chute door! There are many of them. And some of them just escaped us. They're heading to the top floor.”
 
Their eyes widened. Safaia looked at the man and saw a walkie Talkie on the floor “Kagome, bullet status.”
“We're nearing the end of them. But there are restocks right here.”
“Sesshomaru Naraku, I'll need you to stay hidden there please. And please activate the bullet proof blinds.”
 
Blinds activated and the four CTU at their station. They locked their targets and fired, they restocked and fired again. Until everyone was on the floor did they finally stop.
 
“Team B report!”
“Target apprehended. We've even gotten an address when one of them got scared. He's dead though. Shot by his own.”
“Send it to Kirara. We'll be coming down.” Turning towards the two brothers, she asked “Is there any exits by here?”
 
“And now you ask?” Naraku said before turning to his twin,
“There's an elevator that leads to one side of the cleaning doors.” The agents looked at him. An elevator inside the office?
 
They headed that way, with the agents in front of the brothers in case there's an ambush. When the doors opened, they saw a gun pointed at Safaia by coincidence. With their guns in positions already Safaia stopped them from shooting. It was Kanna and Hiten. They nodded to them and they got out safely. When they were back in the crowd, the parents and Inuyasha rushed towards the brothers and they found themselves in the embrace of the parents while Safaia tried to avoid the hug and Inuyasha. The four turned to look at the line of suspects where being escorted out.
 
“Madam?”
“Yes Kagome?”
“I think we didn't leave anyone alive but that man.”
“He's dead…” The three looked at her, “Each of those bullets are government products. They were filled with poison that kills in twenty minutes after entrance… And I told you all to try and keep them alive and we go and kill the most.”
 
Safaia turned towards Sango who looked slightly shaken. “Are you ok?”
“First kill.” She said.
“You're taking it better than I would have of have expected.”
“First kill Ma'am, not first death”
 
Safaia nodded before seeing her entire team coming. “Guys?”
“Yes?”
“Entire reports tomorrow at nine on my desk understood?”
“Yes!”
 
And that was the last thing she said before turning around on instinct and got pulled into a hug by Shina and Sugimi. “Oh Safaia! You saved my sons!”
“Huh-”
“No, I knew you wouldn't let your boyfriend die so easily. And my Sesshomaru is a fighter; I hope you didn't worry-”
 
“Madam?”
“Yes Shippo”
“You're going out with Mr.Taisho?”
 
Safaia groaned lightly and Naraku was there to laugh at her, not too shaken up by what he just saw after all, he's a bodyguard and a P.I while Sesshomaru's slightly shaky arm still went around Safaia but he didn't say anything, his mind somewhere else. He couldn't forget how easy it was for Safaia to kill those men. He didn't see the bodies but did not think he could walk down that hall anymore. He faked a smile, and it was that smile that tore off the smile on Naraku's and Safaia's face. They looked at each other and thought `He couldn't take it.'
 
 
Later the day, the CTU were reporting at the office. Safaia was sitting at a desk in front of the big fabric screen with the map of the town projected behind her. Various red dots and green dots were pointed out.
 
“So far, there are no obvious patterns in dates, name streets or anything of the sort. That address you got from the attacker is now empty.” After they left, Safaia had called up another S.W.A.T team to the address but it came up empty. There was equipment there but the place was deserted. And there were bodies lying on the ground. They had the bodies checked, and the result was a pneumonic poisoning. In other words, they inhaled some of the anthrax poison, but not enough for them to be a danger to the outside world yet enough for them to die from it. The poison has long been evaporated into the purified air of the laboratory.
 
Kagura sat there, watching the map as did the others. “Maybe we were looking for too much.”
Safaia turned her head, “What do you mean?”
“We've been looking for patterns concerning the names of the places, the dates of their openings, their clients, but we didn't look for emplacement.”
“Emplacement…”
“The satellite map is one of the clearest maps we could get but the way the buildings are built makes that they're not a straight line diagonally. They didn't plan for it, so that is why the dots don't connect.”
“Go on” Safaia said, passing her laser pointer to the woman.
 
Kagura sat up straighter in her chair and pointed the laser at the map. “If we connect the dots vaguely, we get something. Can I get the laser marker please?” Safaia handed it to her. Kagura moved the laser and connected the dots. It was true that it didn't make straight lines but if you look closely, it formed an X. The Northern and the Southern internet cafés connected while the Eastern and the Western ones connected as well. There was one green dot in the middle of the X. “That,” Kagura said, pointing to that green point “is the next target.”
 
Safaia looked at the map. “I want someone stationed there as the receptionist everyday. First shift is Shippo's.”
 
For a whole week, they stayed at that café, waiting for their perp but there was no sign of them. It was Sango on duty as she watched the divers clients came through and signed in. She opened the email windows again and saw nothing suspicious. She yawned and smiled when a steaming cup of coffee was placed in front of her by Kagome.
 
“Nothing?” She whispered, Sango shook her head and quickly signed her to move away. A client was coming their way. The man pulled some money and wrote something on the electronic guestbook pad. She nodded to him and passed him a piece of printed paper with the number of his rent station on it along with the current password. After he went to seat down, Kagome nodded at Sango and left. She went back to her car.
 
Sango waited a good ten minutes before checking the emails again. She sighed, nothing again. She sat there, greeting other clients who paid and signed in. She took a sip of her still hot coffee and looked around the café. Something caught her eyes then; the man that came in when Kagome was here was looking around suspiciously. She frowned and looked down before taking another sip. She pretended to pinch between her eyes, and turned towards the cabinet behind her. She pulled out a bottle of aspirin and took a white pill and chugged down some water. She put the bottle with the front label towards the man discretely and pressed on the cap slightly as if she was checking if it was really closed well. She turned back to her computer and shook her head slightly as if to shake her headache away.
 
She checked the emails again and locked on his station. She closed her eyes and sighed. Another pervert. The man was probably scared of people finding out he was checking out pornography on his computer and came here. She opened up a window and sent a small email to Kagome's car computer.
 
`Hey Kagome,
It's another pervert that came in and I'm going to run out of Aspirins soon, bring me some next time ok?
Sango'
 
Her bottle of aspirins was nearly empty but bringing in another bottle of them only meant that her shift is nearly over. She has eaten enough of extra white chocolate today.
 
Ten minutes later, Kagome came in with a bottle of real aspirins in her hand and what looked like a take out bag with two white Styrofoam box in there along with a bag with two drinks in it. She pulled up a chair from one of the stations and sat down to eat with them. She put the drinks right near the bottle of the aspirin. They ate while chatting silently while greeting clients. Eventually, Sango put the aspirin bottle back in the cabinet along with the new one. Both girls stood out and Sango yawned. “I'm going home now; I don't feel too good. Can you take my shift for today please?” Sango asked her friend.
 
“Sure, go take some rest.” Sango turned back to the cabinet and took both bottles out again and put them in her bag. She pulled her long brown hair out of her tight bun and shook her head a little. Kagome giggled under her hand and Sango looked at her and raised an eyebrow. Kagome nodded towards the stations and Sango turned towards them. She groaned; the guys in the room were looking at her with admiring gazes, or more accurately, they were looking at her slightly arched front. Kagome shook her head and pushed her friend out of there while keeping an eye out on the clients before sitting down and pull out a book and put it where the bottle was. The hard cover was facing the crowd, the pages towards her. She settled her drink near the computer mouse and checked the emails.