InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of mission ❯ untitled. ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angels of mission
 
Chapter 7
 
“Then we'll move out”
“Sir it works” he insisted
“That is good news NOW MOVE OUT!”
“It isn't sir,” he was cut off “What do you mean it isn't? Of course it is! It isn't like it killed our men!”
“Sir, we have shut the labs down”
The boss finally looked at him, having been looking at a picture intently, “You don't mean…”
“It killed our men.” The man said in a dry tone before leaving the room, without bowing.
The chief looked after his man and sighed. He brought his hand to his forehead and rubbed it. `What went wrong?'
 
---
 
“Madam, there hasn't been anymore emails sent from T.R.Shuuryou's account for a while now, ever since three days ago.” Kirara told Safaia; three days ago, they received better equipment to track the email down.
“That is strange… Keep looking, for now, we can only wish that even if they lay low, the next time they do something, we won't be finding bodies…” Safaia sighed, she walked towards Kouga, “Kouga, today is the last day of training camp isn't it?”
“Yes, it is the on field test; Kagura is supervising along with Shippo today!”
“Very well, where is Hiten?”
“At the CID department, they received their last email three days ago, and they haven't opened it yet, but with the recent equipment we got, he went there to block it. Manten went to the military main base and several others that we haven't worked on yet.” Kouga explained, before taking the coffee next to him and taking a sip.
“You never drink it black”
“Milk doesn't keep me awake anymore Madam” Kouga said with a sigh. Safaia looked down upon her worker, and sighed as well, “Well, no use discouraging me as well Kouga, when they get back here, tell them that if no action is perceived by the T.R.Shuuryou in the next five days, we'll lay low as well and wait for their next action. It'll be officially announced tomorrow by the higher ups.”
 
Koga's eyes widened “But Madam!”
“Direct orders Kouga. I work for someone too.”
“Very well Madam” Koga said, “Will you announce it today to the others though?”
 
She looked at him and whistled. Everyone looked at her; she watched them and their confused expressions, “I've just got orders from higher up.” They all looked at her, waiting on her “We're shutting down the operation, or at least, putting it on hold if they do not make any actions in the next five days.”
“But why Madam?” asked Jakotsu, who was helping with research seeing there were no undercover mission to help with, “We don't have any other cases to work with, and as it is, we're progressing”
“Not enough, the government said we're taking too much funds on this and if no actions are perceived by then, well, we'll be laying low until they move.”
The officers around her were not happy, but replied Yes, Madam all the same.
 
Kagome, Sango and Bankotsu were in a delivery truck's back. The bright blue truck was actually only a disguise for the high tech CTU training camp computer `lab' used for on field work. The interior was silver everywhere.
 
Ayame was leaning on the silver metal desk, pointing at a picture attached at the truck's wall, “Sango, today, I want you following this man, he is said to be an accomplice in a case of underage prostitution. There's a button attached to the third button of your coat, press it to indicate you understood Kagome, if you did not you'll press the one on the button on your right sleeve, it is the outside one. It isn't for yes or no answers! You'll have to mind not getting caught by him understood?”
 
Sango nodded, Ayame continued, “Kagome, I want you here to help her out, you'll be giving either orders out of simply be her look out. When the green light lights up, she pressed the button on her coat, if it is the red one, she pushed the one on her sleeve, understood?”
 
Kagome nodded as well, the red head went on to her last student, “Bankotsu, you'll assisting Sango in another way, you'll be on the field as well, and you'll help her not to get caught, now Sango, I expect you to have no use of Bankotsu but then we never know. If there is no use of Bankotsu as of now, we'll be having a second test today later to test him. Oh and Bankotsu, there are the same buttons on your coat, so it means that Kagome the pair of light by Sango's serves the same purpose.” The three nodded, “Any questions?” Bankotsu raised his hand, “Yes?”
 
“Is the suspect a real suspect, or-”
“Everyone we track down is a real suspect, wither they are our agents or not. You'll never know so preparation is the key here understood?!”
The three saluted here before Sango walked out of the truck that was parked in a small not crowded alley, no one saw her coming out of the truck and no one noticed Bankotsu coming out five minutes later.
 
“Sango” Kagome said through her ear piece, “Suspect has been spotted two roads down here and is heading towards you, he should be arriving in ten minutes, there is a magazine stand near, head there, and he'll pass by.”
 
Sango pressed the button on her coat and Kagome was looking at a green light. The former crossed the road to get to the stand, she bent down to pick up a magazine, and waited for the signal, and she looked up twice to try to spot the short bald man and spotted him on her second try at the same time as the signal from Kagome was given. She waited until he walked past her, not without noticing his lecherous gaze when he passed by, before following him a few feet behind him without him being suspicious. He was currently on the phone, and he suddenly looked back, she was lucky because they were walking very close to the buildings and she happened to be between two building so she slipped into the alley, “Kagome?” She spoke into the earpiece, “Is he looking?”
“Yes, wait for a minute, Bankotsu is coming your way with bags from the shops you are between then you'll continue to follow him.”
She pressed the first button and the green light went on at Kagome's end. She turned around and saw Bankotsu standing there with a Gucci shopping bag in one hand and a Baby Phat one in the other, she resisted laughing at him when she received the bag and saw saved by Kagome's go.
 
Pressing her coat button again, she headed out towards the street again and kept on following the man. She followed him through the crowded streets and when they crossed the road, neither Kagome nor Bankotsu, or even Ayame would have had time to tell her about the car that stopped right at her feet. The screeching sound made both suspect and officer stop. One was looking at the too close for comfort car and the other one at both the car and Sango. A head poked out of the silver BMW and a man with black hair in a short dragon tail and purple eyes. He looked at Sango and asked if she was alright, she looked back and quickly glanced at the man in front of him to find him gone; she panicked. She looked at the driver and huffed, stomping towards the street. The man in the car scratched the back of his head and drove off after a while.
 
In the truck, Kagome was seating on the edge of her seat, oh, they'll not fail. She looked at the surveillance cameras that were on diverse locations and couldn't find the man. “Bankotsu” she said through her earpiece “Can you spot the suspect?”
 
Bankotsu pressed the green light's button, and said through the ear piece, “I can't find him though” He looked around once more, “Kagome, I found him. Tell Sango to go into the Prada shop, what kind of street is this, anyways, tell her to go into the shop and she'll have a direct view of the stairs he's standing in front of.”
 
Kagome thought for a while, before connecting to both, “Bankotsu, you go into the shop” she could swear she heard him groan “and Sango, direct yourself to the man, stay a block or to behind him. Bankotsu when he moves, you follow him as well but keep your distances. Do not let what happened happen again. Understood?” The two green lights came on then, Ayame was still leaning on the table and she looked down on Kagome approvingly, “Sango, wait” Kagome suddenly said, when she looked at one of the many camera shots and looked at one she probably skipped when she was looking for the man. She saw him alright but he was joined by a man who came from upstairs. His jacket flipped back a little bit and she spotted something. “Both of you retreat, the man is armed!”
 
Both Sango and Bankotsu's eyes widened, their hands instinctively move towards their own holsters, but a order in their ears told them to retreat, “We will not barge in there, not only is it against protocol to point your weapon at a person who isn't pointing it at you, it is dangerous! You will not take those risks, come back!” Both hands retreated, and they slowly made their way back.
 
Ayame was once again looking approvingly at Kagome, `She has leadership qualities and if what I heard about her department is true then she might just be the one that'll succeed Madam Tsuki when she decides to go on vacation or when she'll be upgraded…'
 
They heard three consecutive knocks on the door and when Ayame flanged them open , there stood the two others CTU in training, they both walked in and they drove back to the training center in silence. In front of the truck sat Kagura and Ginkotsu, they were both looking at a small screen next to the dashboard, that showed the development of the mission from the beginning. Kagura and Ginkotsu smiled, before Ginkotsu took the wheel and brought them back to the center. Once they got there, the three trainees stepped out and saw a black car stationed there. Out came the suspect from earlier and his accomplice. Their reactions would of have been to move their hands to their holsters but at the sight of Ayame going to shake their hands, they stopped.
 
“Let me present to you Yoko Hatake and Joshua Hatake, they are brothers and they both work under the CTU department as trainers as well, you might have seen them around camp these last few days as the one who prepared everything for you guys.”
 
The three stood there, shocked, before slowly nodding, before Sango started glaring at the shorter of the two men. He was short, bald and ugly, and most importantly a pervert! He was checking her out earlier! Kagura saw the reaction and laughing slightly, they all looked at her. Seeing that, she said “Don't worry Taijiya, Joshua isn't a pervert, it was a test for your self-control.”
 
Hearing that, Sango blushed slightly but didn't try to hide herself, she stood her ground through her embarrassment of being caught in the `act'.
 
---
 
In front of a restaurant, a silver BMW pulled up and the door opened to show a man with black hair and violet eyes, he was dressed in a sleeveless white shirt and a pair of torn jeans. He looked up to the man standing in front of him and gave him his keys with both of his hands and bowed. “There you go Daiko-Sama” The man looked at him with his nose in the air and walked to his car and drove off. The younger one sighed and went to seat beside his friend, Hachi. “That bas-” Hachi started, but his friend's hand came up to stop him. “You know that the clients are always right Hachi.”
“But Miroku!”
“No matter, they're the one who pays us remember?”
Hachi sighed and nodded. His friend was a good man but way too good. He let others walk over him and well, he'll still follow Miroku because he's that good of a man. Valets such as them haven't got much of an education or money, they live in small apartments and they were lucky enough like that. Everyday, they see those luxury cars pass by and while they park them, they at least have the feeling, for a split second that it was their car…
 
Looking over to Miroku, Hachi noticed that the man was in deep thoughts. “Miroku, are you alright?”
“Yeah, just thinking about earlier.”
“What happened?”
“I almost ran into someone.” Hachi's eyes widened, “You what?”
“She just came out of nowhere, and well, I nearly ran into her…”
 
---
 
Sesshomaru was looking out of his office window, sighing, he spent most of his day musing over Safaia, again. He thought about that hug they shared at his parents' house, what wouldn't he do to feel this everyday? To have her by his side always… Oh well, their pretending was still on as he promised the parents that they would pass by later, which was tonight as they already made the arrangements. He sure laughed at Safaia's face when they got back in the car.
 
Flashback
“Why did you tell them that we would be back?” Safaia asked, face red.
“Because they would of have pestered us otherwise, plus, don't you want to see my parents, it has been a long time!” Sesshomaru said.
 
The woman sighed, “Fine but next time, ask me first, you know I could have been busy, especially with this T.R.Shuuryou thing going on.”
“Well thankfully you're not, Safaia, it is just one supper! Why are you making such a big deal out of it?”
 
He looked over to his best friend, and saw her sighed. He took a hand of the wheel, keeping the other on it, and gave her a one arm hug, bringing her closer. “You're stressed, you should take time off.”
“I would, but it is impossible these days.” The rest of the ride was in silence while Kagome simply looked out the window, sighing.
 
End of Flashback
 
Sesshomaru sighed too, he felt bad for her, she's been working her whole life and well, she still is.
 
Safaia's story was complicated. She wasn't born into luxury nor was she poor. Her parents could afford the bare essentials and a bit more. She has begun juggling work and school as soon as she was able to work, not wanting to depend on her parents, that at the time were in a bit of a financial trouble. And when they hit the lowest point, she could not help them with her salary as she had to begun paying for her studies for she was studying Design, a far cry from her actual job. That and she were constantly bailing out her own brother out of the precinct every week-end, thing that her parents were ignorant to.
 
She did not know that her family owed money to Yakuza. Thankfully, when she did find out, she stopped her studies and paid what she could with her current salary. Nobody was hurt, but she couldn't go on with her studies and she spent a year or two with odd jobs. She had refused help from his family, that of Midoriko and that of Ryoku. It was three years later that she finally decided to become a cop and she rapidly went up the levels with her quick thinking and martial arts. The debt was finished, and her family were free. Though, Safaia hasn't contacted her parents ever since the end of the debt; that was about just before she started police academy. She hasn't seen her parents in four years, which she spent working up the ladder at the precinct. And she has achieved in four years what her senior officers couldn't achieve in ten years of work. She has become the madam of the prestigious CTU department.
 
Sighing once again, Sesshomaru turned back to his computer, just in time to see an email pop up. His eyes widened at the address.
 
---
 
“Madam Tsuki!” Kirara yelled from her spot, Safaia rushed to see what happened and somehow a smile came to her face, “The investigation is still on” she said.
 
She looked at the email address where the email was sent to. “Kirara, try to pull up the email without infesting the system, run a scan first.”
 
“Yes Madam!” Kirara said, immediately going to work. At the time, Safaia's phone rang. “Safaia Tsuki speaking”
“Madam Tsuki, it is Kagura”
“What is it Kagura?”
“The test has been completed, they're all in.”
“Very well. Send them over immediately and come back yourself.”
“Yes Madam!”
 
Safaia couldn't help the smile that came over her face.
 
---
 
Kagura hang up and turned towards the three rookies. “Listen up, as you have all passed the test” The three looked at each other “Yes, you passed, now Madam Tsuki wants us at the HQ immediately! Get into your cars after you changed into more appropriate clothing than your jeans and t-shirt and we will set out for the HQ.”
 
“But we don't have more appropriate-” Sango started.
“Clothing your size has already been put into your lockers, ladies, I hope you know how to run, jump and fight in three inches high heels.” Sango and Kagome who were used to heir running looked at Kagura like she was crazy. Kagura looked at them and lifted her long pants slightly to reveal her concealed three inches thin black high heels. “Marvellous weapons they are! Especially in, well, I think you can guess Bankotsu.”
 
Bankotsu winced there, hands automatically going south before he caught himself. Kagura laughed but she quickly recovered, “Well, what are you still doing here? GO!”
 
All three scampered off, while their coaches were laughing. “I can't believe that they never noticed the high heels Kagura” Ayame said, looking down at her feet, where shorter heels resided. “Now how will they spot hidden weapons?”
 
After a while, the three rookies appeared, the girls slightly slower than before, you could clearly see the heels on their feet, their pants not nearly as long as Kagura's. They all began driving towards the HQ and when they got into the building, they saw that everyone was busy and that Madam Tsuki was waiting for them in her office. Kagura left them at the door and left towards Kirara to get her assignment. Kagome knocked on the door and a “Come In” sounded. They opened the door and saw Madam Tsuki sitting at her desk, reading a file.
 
“Ah, you three are here, I heard you all passed the test.”
“Yes, Madam!” All three saluted
“Well, aren't you all well trained? Anyways, it is your first official day here, but it is 4 o'clock already so you will have the rest of the day free after this quick briefing on the status of the mission understood?”
“Yes Madam!”
“Gee, even my currents officers don't salute me at everything I say, you can just nod you know.” Safaia smiled at them but got serious again, “Here is the current report. We have been to many places where the ones that stole the blueprints went emails to. That includes major weapons distributor, the CID, here, the military, and some other major companies with ties to the government. And that includes Sesshomaru's company. Unfortunately, more than half of these places opened their emails, permitting the terrorists to access their information. We have repaired every system, and we're currently tracking down their path. Their email is T.R.Shuuryou so watch out if you ever see that name anywhere. For some reason, they haven't had any actions these last three days and since we only received the equipment three days ago, we were unable to track down their locations. But fortunately, they sent an email today, no virus, no nothing and we were able to track down the address… The problem would be that it was from an internet café.”
 
The three stood there taking everything in. “You now have the day off, and you're expected here first thing in the morning. We will leave at 10 o'clock to the CID department, but we will be on the streets at 7 o'clock at the internet cafés…”
 
The three nodded again, “You are dismissed.” When they turned to leave after their usual salutations, “oh and it's nice to have you guys here” They turn towards their boss and smiled and bowed.
 
Outside the building, Kagome turned to her half brother and her friend and said “You guys want to come eat at my place tonight? I'm making teriyaki shrimps and sweet and sour soup, and probably steamed fish.” The two agreed and they headed to the market to buy the ingredients.
 
Kagome was walking down the seafood aisle with Bankotsu and Sango when she almost ran into someone, looking at the person, she found him to be Naraku. She smiled up at him and said hi.
 
“How are you?” Kagome asked, looking briefly to find Sango and Bankotsu looking over and giving her the thumbs up. Shaking her head mentally, she turned back towards the tall dark man and smiled.
 
“I'm good, I guess” he momentarily frowned here, “Anyways, I see you're with your friends.”
 
“Ah, yes, I'm having them over for dinner tonight. So we're doing groceries for now.” She smiled a bit more until she felt something poke her in the back, looking behind, she saw that her step-brother and her friend. Sango was poking her discreetly, while Bankotsu was distracting Naraku.
 
“So Mr.Taisho, what are you doing tonight? Care to join us for dinner?” Bankotsu asked, pointing to the two girls who were whispering to each other. Kagome heard what he said and her head snapped up to meet Naraku's gaze. “Well, if Mrs. Higurashi don't mind. After all I wouldn't dare to intrude.” Laughing shyly, Kagome nodded, “Well, I guess that steamed fish is in order now.” Sango said
 
------
 
Sango was helping Kagome in the kitchen with the food and leaned towards her friend. “So, you know, about that thing that we talked about last time, at the restaurant?”
“What thing?” Kagome asked, busy cleaning the fish. Those people at the market never do it well enough.
“Oh just that thing about Kohaku.”
 
Kagome's eyes snapped up at her. “Oh hell no, I'm not going to ask him! We don't know each other that well. Hell, I don't him at all!”
 
“He's sitting in your living room, sipping on red wine waiting for dinner.”
 
“Because of Bankotsu! I will not ask Naraku-”
 
“Ask me what?”