InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of mission ❯ Ready or not ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angels of mission
 
XtopangelX: Just a quick notice, I do not know the way Japan's politics works when it comes to Ministers or things like that. I don't think I even know if it's a prime minister or a President… It is a president right? … Anyways, I'm taking Canada's style of politics, or what I know of it, just changing it for a president. Oh by the way, if anyone is wondering about Miroku he'll come in later.
 
Chapter 6:
 
The night came and went by, leaving all three women in their thoughts. All pre-occupied by their own personal and professional problems, none of them got much sleep in. When the first morning ray hit the town, all three were already up.
 
Safaia went up to get ready before deciding to take a drive before going to work. Because of the shut down and of the virtual contamination, the higher ups have decided to make them go into work later, having called over a team of computer specialists to get rid of the virus. `As if it will be that easy' she scoffed.
 
She cruised around the outskirts of the city before stopping in front of the CTU Academy. She smiled, looking over it, remembering her own time there. `It's seven now, they're probably already training…' She decided then to go in and oversee their efforts by herself, she doesn't have to be at work until nine anyways and the headquarters isn't far at all.
 
Kagome was bending over, panting slightly after her 13 minutes run, before standing straight again to look at her friends and sibling. They were in the last quarter of their last lap when Kagome spotted Madam Tsuki coming their way; she has taken to call her Madam at work and Safaia outside of it. The trainers spotted her as well and saluted her briefly before looking over at the two panting trainees that just finished their runs too. “Hey Madam!” Shippo said before Koga got here, who also saluted the woman. Sango and Bankotsu came over with the rest of the trainers.
 
“Madam Tsuki, what are you doing here?” Trainer Ookami said, “You haven't been attending training for a while now.”
“The headquarters are under `repairs' for now, so we're heading to work a little bit later, I was in the neighbourhood so I came around”
“In the neighbourhood, Madam?” Shippo said, an eyebrow raised
“Force of habits Shippo, force of habits”
 
Her two officers laughed and shook their heads, they knew how devoted Safaia was at her job and sometimes, it was even funny how she'll just around the headquarters at the weirdest times when she was just taking a drive.
 
Sango looked at the interaction between Madam and officers and smiled at their closeness, it was rare these days that the higher ups and their lower downs were on a good level. The heads are usually too full of themselves when they got to the post, even if they weren't egomaniacs before that, and they just look down on normal people. Sango remembered her own head from when she was still patrolling and frowned; she really, really, didn't like her! She was the kind that looks down on people and she wasn't even that high up the chain. She really hated that Abi Hime, she wonders if she was related to Kikyo though.
 
Shaking her head slightly, she looked back up just in time to see Ayame, or Madam Ookami as she called her, ordering her and the two others inside to change, they were having a shooting class today, probably coupled with a weapon building class as well, being in CTU training camp sure is tiring, but she guessed it was all worth it. `Worth it or not, it's all for the good of humanity!' She silently laughed inside her head, now she sounded like those movies' superheroes where all they did was pretending to save the world by being strong, beautiful and all that shit, which includes being rich.
 
Kagome watched Sango when she was deep in her thoughts, and smiled, it was maybe the second time today that she caught her friend in her own thoughts. She recently learned that despite her ditzy appearance, the woman was strong on her own, despite knowing only that basic martial arts, she was good at it, `Very good' Kagome reminded herself when she thought about yesterday; they had an impromptu martial art session yesterday after their numerous laps. She couldn't help but wonder though, what caused her new friend to be so often lost in her thoughts. She doesn't quite appear, even with how ditzy her preppy tomboy look gave her at times, as the kind of person who just gets lost in their thoughts that easily. Sighing, she walked towards the building to the lockers to change before their second course today.
 
Safaia looked at them go, “Shippo, report” she continued watching until they went in the building before turning to look at Shippo.
 
The man looked at her “They may the best recruits we have had so far, they just finished at 14 minutes top. Higurashi at 13, Taijiya at 13:50 and Shichinintai at 13:56”
“Their ranks are inconsistent… Yesterday, the ranks differed, did they today?”
“Yes, they ran ten times the five laps today, first lap, Sango was first, second was Kagome, third was Sango, fourth went to Bankotsu and it went on. The most consistent today was Sango; endurance and speed is probably her forte but that the only thing we have tested so far.”
“Good, Kouga, we might need one of you on the field today if ever we're heading out. But our schedule is being delayed because of the virus, so I'll probably have you go in later since I can't make Shippo leave today again.”
“Yes Madam!” They saluted her when they saw that she was ready to leave but before she did so, she told them “We might speed up their training, we never know…”
 
To them, that was a way to tell them that they have to work more efficiently and faster because they need more officers now.
 
Safaia headed back to her car, knowing that her men were smart enough to get her message. This three sounds promising, and that was all she needed to know for now. Looking at the built in clock in her car, she noticed that it was time to head to work, `So much for that coffee I wanted to get.' She shuddered at the thought of the coffee at the lunch room, it was practically water!
 
 
“Load! Aim! Shoot!” Ginkotsu shouted from behind them, his voice somehow reaching them over the echoing sounds of the loadings of the gun and of its shooting! They have been repeating the same process for half an hour now and they wondered which took more endurance, running their laps or loading these heavy guns.
 
“Load! Aim! Shoot!” So far, Kagome was the much more precise one in all their shots, having learned to use the bow and arrows at a much younger age, hitting bullseye was nothing new for her. Bankotsu had more difficulty though, seeing that he was trained in swords and Sango was right in between, having thrown her fair share of stuff at people in her life, `How does chasing off exes train me to be a good police officer again?'
 
“Load! Aim! Shoot!” Once again, they repeated their actions, and sighed in unison, their arms were turning into jell-o faster than they thought it would. Even Kagome's often perfect aim was starting to falter, suddenly she felt a hit to her shoulder, looking back quickly, it was Ayame; Madam Ookami, that was straightening her posture, “Back straight!”
 
Kagome straightened her back and kept still until the orders were given again. “Enough!”
All three put their snipers guns along their side, after unloading it. “Change!” All three dismembered their snipers and put it back in the box as fast as they could before pulling out another, smaller box to put together another gun, a hand gun this time. By the time all three were finished, another order was given. “Load! Aim! Shoot!”
Resisting the urge to groan out load, Sango quickly took position and shot, missing the center by two circles, looking briefly at her companions, she noticed that Kagome was better at the sniper than at the handgun; she missed by half a circle while Bankotsu finished with the same results as herself. She barely had a second after her quick look around as the orders were given again. She wondered if the would use the handgun for another half an hour again. A hand was put at the small of her back, looking behind her; she quickly ducked, just in time to dodge a flying pebble that was coming towards her. Looking at Ginkotsu, she saw a smirk on his mouth, looking at her companions again and saw that Bankotsu and she were on the floor. Looking beside Kagome, she saw the shattered pebble and the smoking gun in her hands.
 
Sango had to admit, Kagome's aim was near perfect, as it is, she only missed 5 shots on the probable 40 shots they had today, not even counting this one, and she recharges really fast too. Beside Kagome stood Shippo, beside Bankotsu Kouga and beside herself was Ayame. It was probably them that were alerting them.
 
“Load! Aim! Shoot!” Barely given time to prepare themselves, they were to re-do the exercise again.
 
“Hi Madam!” Shouted her team when Safaia walked through the elevator, she nodded and headed towards Kirara that was at her original post.
 
“Madam” she greeted, Safaia nodded before asking “Is it gone?”
“Yes Ma'am, the virus has been thoroughly removed”
“Have they tracked down the sender?”
“No Ma'am, they have not been able to locate T.R.Shuuryou…”
“… The military?”
“Have refused to cooperate again…” Safaia frowned there, why was the military so reluctant to help, it wouldn't be the first time they closed off the bases for a check-up, especially that there were no pressing matters for the to deal with it. She had to ask though, “Has all the sergeants from every bases declined?”
“No Ma'am, but we need the `yes' from all of them before being able to shut even one base off…”
“Never quite understood that… Anyways, who refused?”
“Only one…”
“Who?” Safaia frowned, who would refuse…
“The same one as yesterday, from the main base, Sergeant Kensei”
“Main, this would mean he has more influence than it is good for us.” She paused for a while before continuing “Send a message to Madam Miko, inform her that I am going to see her now, send one to Madam Chiyu as well, I'll be going to see her afterwards, say at lunch time…”
“Yes Ma'am!” Kirara said, immediately executing herself.
“Now where is that negotiator of mine…” she said under her breath, “Rin!”
 
A cute woman that looks no older than being in her late teens early twenties walked over her, “Yes Madam?”
“Rin, tell me, how long has it been since your last gig?”
“Way too long Madam…”
“Good, you're coming with me today and we're having lunch after.” Safaia said with a smirk, oh, she was getting those bases shut down even if it was the last thing she would do.
 
“Madam!” Both Safaia and Rin saluted when they arrived at Madam Miko's office. Kaede Miko was the first lady Madam in the police force's history that has ever gotten to the Head officer post, the closest thing that'll ever get you to Minister of Defence, post that she occupied before her four years where through and she decided not to run for the elections again.
 
“Madam Tsuki, Madam Takahashi” she greeted out of politeness, “What did you both want to talk to me about, on such short notice?” Kaede Miko was also a woman that liked being organized and did not like impromptu meetings, unless it was really important, where at times, she'll call them herself.
 
“I need a warrant” Safaia said. Her chef's eyebrows quirked, “A warrant? For what?”
“The military”
 
Kaede's head snapped up “Safaia, you do know that I can't allow you a military search warrant like that unless you can give me a really good reason. You are asking me to put in doubt the integrity of our military!”
“I know Madam but I do have a reason, Rin…”
 
Said woman stepped up and started talking. She explained the whole situation, but being the negotiator that she is, she added a lot of details that would have been normally left out, and left out some of the bigger pictures, such as doubts of complicity and such, to draw out a more understanding side of the ex-minister. At the end, Kaede has granted the motion for a warrant to shut down the base. Unfortunately, that wouldn't of have been enough to go against the word of the sergeant of the main base, which is why Safaia had Kirara contact Madam Chiyu, Midoriko Chiyu, one of the most influential officers in the country, anything she says goes, and she happens to be a really good friend of Safaia.
 
“Midoriko! Ryoku!” Safaia greeted her when she spotted her long time friend at the rather classy luncheon restaurant sitting at a table for four people. Sitting beside Midoriko was her husband, also a good friend of hers.
 
“Safaia, and this is?” Midoriko asked, nodding towards Rin, as her own form of greeting.
“Oh. This is Rin Takahashi, she works as a negotiator for me” Safaia said, giving hints of her intentions
“Negotiator?” Her husband asked and Rin confirmed with a slight nod, not looking at him in the eyes as a form of respect towards a higher positioned person.
“Safaia,” Midoriko started when her friend and her officer was sitting, “Let's cut right to the point shall we?” Safaia smirked “You never did like turning around the bushes for too long.”
“Neither did you Safaia, neither did you, so please don't start that with me now.”
“Very well, then let me put it simply. I have a warrant to search the main military base for information and shut down their system until a specialist team repairs their system. Being who you are and what you are, you must already know what I am talking about.”
“We do” Ryoku said “What I don't know is how you want us to be any more help to you? You've got the warrant already.”
“Ryoku, I said I had a warrant, not a direct order, and as it is, the base I am targeting is the main base, Sergeant Kensei has much more authority than me, and a simple warrant from Madam Miko is not going to cut it for him, seeing that he has already refused my offer twice already.”
“Get right to the point Safaia-”
 
Midoriko was cut off by a loud voice from behind. A voice that made Safaia's teeth gritted. It was a way to signify that the man was not welcome here and it was a sign that all three understood really well.
 
“Madam Tsuki! How nice to see you!” Inuyasha said from behind.
“Taisho”
“Oh call me Inuyasha!”
She barely turned to look at him, before turning to her lunch mates, “Can you please excuse me?” All three nodded, frowning or glaring at the newcomer. She marched towards where the elevators where, and the clueless man followed her.
“Inuyasha right?”
“Yes”
“Well, Taisho” she said, putting emphasis on the Taisho, “what do you want? Do you not have enough money to pay for yours and Renkotsu's coffee again, or is it someone else's coffee this time?”
Inuyasha looked at her, surprised, “No, of course not, I was with a friend” there, he ignored Safaia's almost silent whisper of he has friends “and I saw you here before leaving so I decided to pass by”
“Well, next time, if there is ever a next time for you to step into this kind of restaurants, leave me alone” She said, with an attitude before turning around, her hair whipping him in the face `I wonder if he even noticed I am taller than him…'
 
“Sorry, that was an unfortunate acquaintance” Safaia said, Midoriko lifted an eyebrow, “Strangely; he looks a lot like Sesshomaru”
“Normal, he's his half-brother” Midoriko and her husband laughed a bit before Safaia felt a small nudge, she looked at Rin and saw her looking at her watch. She nodded towards her officer before turning to her friends, “Now, why don't we go back to the present business.” Seeing no disagreement coming from the couple, she continued “Well, the point is, Midoriko, would you come with me to the base later on?”
“You want me to be there for your little show and tell?”
“In a nicer way to say that, I might require competences that I, by myself, do not possess.”
“You always did have a way with words.” Midoriko said, she turned to her husband, and they both nodded slightly. “Very well, I'll accompany you on your little trip, in exchange for something.”
“In exchange for something, what would the great Midoriko possibly need from me?”
Midoriko smirked here, “Oh nothing much, a simple date with Sesshomaru”
 
Safaia's reaction was instantaneous. “With Sess-” She turned to Rin “Rin why don't you go and pay” she asked, handing the woman her gold card, and after she was gone, she turned back to her friends “With Sesshomaru? What are you two thinking? We're only friends!”
“He loves you, and hey! I was supposed to pay this time!”
“You can pay next time, and there is no way he loves me!”
“And why not?” Midoriko asked, her husband was sitting back and enjoying the show. He had learned to stay out of his wife's and Safaia's affair at those times.
“We grew up together; you don't fall in love with your best friend!”
“Hey! I resent that!” Ryoku finally intervened “I was her best friend!”
Safaia looked at him before looking back at Midoriko, Ryoku sank back into his seat, pouting, “And how would you know that anyways?”
“You're colleague is taking an awful long time to come back Safaia” her superior said
“Don't you dare avoid-”
“You want my help yes or not?”
“Yes, but I refuse using Sesshomaru like that.” She said with a tone of finality.
 
Midoriko sighed, “Fine, you don't have to go on a date with the guy, but you will owe me a favour understood?”
 
Safaia sat there, weighing her choices; she would rather risk her favour than her friendship “fine, I now owe you something. We're heading out at two o'clock today, you know where the main base is, and we'll there by two forty five, so meet us there. Be prepared, I don't trust that guy.”
Her friends nodded “She'll be there” At that time, Rin came back and Safaia stood up to leave “I hope next time we see, we won't have as much issues to discuss…”
 
“She's pissed” Ryoku said to his wife, she turned to look at him with a look that just screamed `No really?!' before she stood up too. Ryoku sat there for a second before chasing after his wife, `What did I do now?'
 
Having nothing to do most of time since he came back from Russia, he was most f the time at Sesshomaru's workplace. Having never taken over his father's business, he wasn't familiar with the surroundings but having a job like his, he learned to adapt. At the moment, he was at his twin's office, talking.
 
“Midoriko called after lunch time” Sesshomaru said after a while of silence.
“Midoriko? How is she?” Naraku asked, not having seen her in a long time.
“Midoriko is fine Naraku” said man could see that there was something bothering his twin, “Are you okay brother?”
“Yeah… She had lunch with Safaia…” Eyes widened slightly, Naraku smirked “She knows?”
“She said that she told her but she didn't believe it. Why did she bring it up?”
“C'mon man, it was going to come out one day or another, wouldn't you rather it being now than when both are you are old and wrinkly? If she even gets there,” Sesshomaru looked at him, confusion and worry written on it “I am not saying that she'll die tomorrow or something, I just meant that, well, she has a dangerous job you know, there might be accidents and with her current case, I rather you tell soon.” Naraku said before standing up “Well, I have a meeting with a possible client now, so I'll talk to you later, we're still having supper with the family tonight?” Nothing could shake off the sarcasm that the word family was pronounced with.
 
“Madam Tsuki,” Sergeant Kensei said “to what do I owe you such a visit, you rarely come to see us yourself.”
Safaia smiled “Oh, well, it isn't in the habitudes of the military to refuse to cooperate with the CTU either, but I guess things changes right?” She said, her whole team behind her, having called back Koga, leaving Shippo at the training camp, the specialists were on her right side and a black Sedan pulled up shortly after Safaia finished talking, “Oh, look who is here”
At her words, everyone looked at the car and a woman with long black hair and sunglasses came out, from the driver side came out a tall man with brown hair and sunglasses as well. “Madam Chiyu, Sir Chiyu” Everyone but Safaia and Sergeant Kensei saluted. They only nodded before Sergeant Kensei, also known as Ken, turned towards Midoriko and repeated to the letter his greeting to Safaia.
 
“Oh, I came because I caught wind of a certain warrant, and you know that my department has to be there for such a procedure.” Midoriko was managing the forensics department and that also includes searches.
“Such a procedure?” Ken asked, not quite understanding, he turned towards Safaia only to have a search warrant shoved in his face, or to be said nicer, showed to him, “Why is my base under a warrant?”
“There are plenty of reasons Sergeant, but don't you think we should limit ourselves to your refusal of the CTU's demand to shut down the network for the good of the city.” Not knowing what to say, the man simply added “I can't be the only one that refused”
Safaia smirked and nodded. With no words coming to him, he stepped aside and let the CTU, the forensics, and the specialists through. He swore he could hear snickering coming from the lower ranked officers on all four teams but as soon as he turned to look at them, they were all looking elsewhere.
 
They were all in the court, where several soldiers were doing their daily marching. They were all dividing their teams to work faster. After that, Safaia walked towards the heads of the other groups and started to work together
 
---
 
“They're still on the track of the blueprints Sir”
“We are lucky I guess” Reading through the blueprints that his man bought back for the second time only
“Sir?”
“We have gotten quite a blueprint here, ones that should have been ours a long time ago”
“Ours? You can't mean…”
 
The man nodded and smirked. “Somehow, our man found the anthrax poison… It is time I guess…”
The other man's eyes widened “No sir! We're not ready, our men are not ready!”
The superior snapped towards him “Not ready, our ancestors were always ready and so will we be! We'll make this poison starting tomorrow and when it will be finished, we will attack!”
His man sighed when he left the room “I don't have a good feeling about this…”
 
---
 
Safaia sat at her office after the search was completed, and Sergeant Ken Kensei was placed under surveillance after both Midoriko and herself went to see Madam Miko for a warrant for arrest based on evidences found at the base that shows foul play.
 
In front of the CTU's head was the Forensics' head, “Safaia, the day is done. Would you please look up from those files?” Midoriko asked her friend whose nose was deep into a file they recovered from the base, what could of have been a simple stop and restart operation for the specialist team turned into an all weapons out battle for the main base because of the Sergeant's inability to make things simples, and less suspicious. They found maps of the Shun edifices, with the placement of the weapons clearly identified, but that he played off as simple documentation from before. They've also found many weapons not qualified in the army, and all of them were in the blueprints. Having no explanations to give to that, the Sergeant was then put under surveillance; he seemed to have forgotten that only the Anthrax blueprints were out of the building so if they couldn't get him for complicity they would try him for stealing from the government. After searching the base, and stopping the system to repair it, they interviewed the soldiers at the base, but they did not know anything about the actions of their superiors, not even knowing about the existence of said weapons in the base but that was hard to believe as they weren't even hidden that well.
 
Shaking her head, she told her friend that it was a force of habit. “Yeah, well, being a workaholic isn't healthy. What happened to that nice boy Uryu?”
“Mido, you sound like my mother…” Something went through her head, “Wait, you didn't know that Uryu and I were through before you asked me about Sesshomaru today?”
“Huh…”
“Mido!”
“What? How was I supposed to know?”
“What? Oh never mind!”
 
Midoriko looked at Safaia and smiled, “Well, my husband is coming here directly after work; Ryoku had to go back to the station to fill a report.” She smiled at that, she, herself, always hated filling reports. “So how about we go out to eat? With Sesshomaru?”
“You just won't let it go will you?” Not even looking at her friend's face “Fine, but he'll be bringing someone though, probably”
“What, he got himself a girlfriend?”
Safaia laughed, “Gods no! It's Naraku; he came back a couple of days back. Just let me call him.”
 
She picked up the phone and dialled her best friend's number. She listened to the ring tone ring a few times before a deep voice answered, “Taisho Sesshomaru speaking”
“Love the answer Sesshomaru”
“Safaia?”
“Who else?”
“Safaia.”
She laughed there “Yeah it's me! I was just calling to know if you wanted to go out tonight with Midoriko, Ryoku and I to dine? Along with Naraku if he is free.”
“We can't tonight, family reunion.”
“Oh, fine then, talk to you another time ok?”
“Sure, goodnight Safaia”
“Bye Sess.”
“He said no?”
“He said no. Something about family reunion so it might be a good idea not to ask any questions, you know his family…” Midoriko knew them when they were all younger, they practically grew up together, Safaia was the youngest of the group of best friends, seeing that Midoriko was a few months older and her husband the age of Sesshomaru and Naraku. They all knew the family situation in that family and only two words corresponded; messed up.
 
 
“You know, there's something I don't understand” Safaia asked Naraku the next day when they were having dinner together.
“What?”
“Well, I know I'm not supposed to talk about this but why would T.R.Shuuryou send an email to Sesshomaru?”
Naraku smiled at that “Can't you guess?”
“If I could, I wouldn't have asked Naraku, now do you know?”
“A few days back, before the shooting, don't you remember the company presenting this new product, the nanobots”
“Of course, I told Sesshomaru that nanobots technology wasn't new to people and that even medicine was using it”
“Exactly, but not weaponry. The Real End is not exactly known to make peaceful dealings with company to use their technology. They much rather use technology versus technology, and having plans for the nanobots would be much more useful to them than the government weapons.”
“How did you know about the government weapons?” Safaia asked
“I'm a professional bodyguard, it's normal for me to know that information”
 
At the time, Safaia was wondering exactly how confidential the government's confidential files were if a bodyguard has information that the public were not ever supposed to get. Frowning slightly when a waiter came to give them their meals, she waited until the man was gone before continuing her interrogation, at least, that was what it felt like for her friend.
 
“Safaia, can you please stop with the questions? I feel like I'm the criminal here!”
“Sorry, Naraku, just, this case is important you know…”
“Of course I do, but still, we're out of work right now so please stop…”
“Of course… So, is there anything new with your life?”
“Actually, I wanted to ask you something.”
“What?”
“Just wondering, but why didn't anyone tell me that bastard of a little half-brother of mine has a crush on you?”
“Inuyasha?”
“Yes”
“Saved his butt from getting shot by T.R.Shuuryou's handy men at the Shun shootout, ever since, he's been annoying me!”
“I see… Well, the parents, family dinner last night, wants to meet you, at least the father wants to, Mother, well she doesn't really care much for the boy, if anything, she doesn't like him”
“Your parent's know me, what did they say?”
“Oh he didn't tell them your name, something about wanting to surprise them with your personality before telling them your name, as if your status would influence them.”
“He's a cocky little jerk isn't he?'
 
Naraku nodded solemnly, “Which is why I'm inviting you to have lunch with us tomorrow”
“Tomorrow? Naraku, I'm not dating the boy why would I meet his parents?”
“Oh but you can go as Sesshomaru's date!”
“Why not going as yours?”
“Whoever you want to go with then! The boy doesn't know we're bringing you and he said that you were unavailable to meet tomorrow so yeah…”
“Oh fine, the things I do for you people sometimes.”
“Oh and Sesshomaru mentioned that you had somewhat of a stalker”
Only a pained moan was heard.
 
 
At lunch the next day, the three arrived at their house, well, mansion, together and she was led in by the silver headed twin, an arm entwined in his. When they got in, they saw that the parents and Inuyasha were seated in the living room, drinking appetizers. When they saw them coming in, the mother, Shina, came up to greet her boys with a kiss on the cheek and when they all saw Safaia, Shina almost squealed. “Safaia dear! It has been so long! How are you, Sesshomaru mentioned a stalker, are you okay?” She smiled at the same time as a deep laugh went through the room, it was Sugimi. “Safaia! My dear daughter, have you finally decided to date one of my two boys?”
 
Inuyasha was behind, red faced, Safaia was his damn it! He then smirked and opened his mouth to talk but he was cut off by the lady herself, “Oh, Sess and I hooked up recently so we haven't told anyone but Naraku yet.”
 
Sesshomaru's arm went around her waist, bringing her to his chest. For a moment, time froze for both of them, never really have had so intimate hugs before, a warm sensation going through them. Sesshomaru was used to the feeling but for Safaia, it was new.
 
“Well, I'm just glad that you dropped that Uryu, he was a bit freaky”
“Of course Mom” Having grown up with the boys, all three; Midoriko, Ryoku and herself were so used to he family that they had all began to call the elders Mom and Dad, now grown up, only Safaia remained as closed to the family so only her still called them Mom and Dad but the others called them by their name now.
 
“But she's mine!” Inuyasha finally said from behind. Everyone froze, looking at him; he stood there, smirking smugly, as if he won the war.
“Sess?”
“Yes?”
“What is my stalker doing here?” Safaia asked, looking directly at the younger sibling. His parents snapped their heads towards her, “You mean, Inuyasha is the…?” Shina asked. She only got solemn nods from the three. “Sess, I thought you said that he wouldn't be here, or at least would be gone when we arrived.”
“I thought so as well.”
 
“Young man, do you mind explaining?” Sugimi asked his voice rose by a bit, looking towards his youngest son, and probably worst mistake as well, his wife hasn't even forgiven fully yet!
“I'm not stalking her, I love her!”
 
The trio looked at each other and Safaia took a small step back; she has always been good in Drama when they were in high school. Noticing her reactions, Sugimi quickly stood in front of Inuyasha, blocking his view of the woman while Sesshomaru's arm tightened around her. She took a sharp intake of air, for different reasons than the ones the parents believed.
 
“I think Safaia and I will leave for now.” Sesshomaru said, laughing interiorly at the fact that they thought his best friend could actually be scared of Inuyasha “I have to get back to work and Safaia has things to do as well, so we'll pass by later” He hid his flinch when subtly pinched him from where he held his arm around her waist. He brought his pretend girlfriend to the door when she only nodded and they left, Naraku behind them.
 
“Why are you leaving Naraku?” Shina asked, in front of a yelling Sugimi. He was yelling at his youngest about how to treat a lady, she rolled her eyes, as if her husband was good at that, otherwise, Inuyasha wouldn't exist, well, let's just say she hasn't really forgiven him yet.
 
“The woman is one of my best friends, so… Plus I have a meeting with a potential client and we came together” Never minding the fact that he met his client yesterday. And refused the job, he doesn't do petty protecting his feeble son from bullies work. The parents accepted the excuse, even when they knew it wasn't true, and then turned back to the youngest of Sugimi and glared. Inuyasha gulped, knowing he wasn't getting out that one, but he wasn't stalking the woman!
 
At training camp, it was their fourth day of training and they were more than a little exhausted of the routine but were obliged to hide it as was the rule. They were currently in the classroom, learning about different sorts of poison and antidotes, they never knew that poison was in the police curriculum but they bore with it, it's not like they can just stand up and leave.
 
After the camp that day, they all went to a restaurant to eat as it was late, and none of them wanted to cook that night. When they stepped into it, they saw someone they wanted to avoid, Inuyasha himself. After that shoot out, they didn't think that seeing him would be a pleasant meeting. Fortunately, he didn't see them, and they were led to a table at the other side of the room where he couldn't spot him. They were also seated next to the hallway that led to the bathrooms though.
 
They ate while chatting joyfully. “So Kagome how's life outside of camp?” Sango asked her.
“Life? What life?”
 
They all laughed, when they stopped gradually, there was a second of silence before they started talking again. “So Sango, we never got to know each other right, we've been busy ever since we've met and that supper with everyone, well, we were too busy partying I guess.” Kagome said
“Yeah, well I don't know about either of you. I don't know how many siblings you have Bankotsu, they just pop up every where!” They laughed again before Bankotsu asked “We've already told you how many we were!”
“They still keep popping up everywhere!”
“You're just paranoid!” Bankotsu said “We don't even look alike!”
“Says who?”
 
Kagome sat there, looking at them smiling. She found it funny that Sango was acting like she was in the family already. Bankotsu and she were arguing like Kagome usually would with all her siblings. “Stop it guys!”
 
They looked at her and had the decency to appear sheepish. “Anyways! So Sango, do you have any siblings?” Kagome asked as she stared at her brother, to make him shut up.
“Oh, yeah, I do have one, Kohaku, my little brother”
“How is he like?”
“Oh, he's aspiring to be a P.I and a bodyguard but he can't find a mentor though since he can't find a job just with his diploma” Sango said, sad for her brother, “They all said that he didn't have experience”
“But to have experience, he has to have a mentor”
“Well, yeah, that didn't work out to well and there isn't a lot of Private Investigators that are bodyguards too.”
“Both aren't P.I and Bodyguard basically do the same work, or can't he take two mentors, one after the other?” Kagome asked
“He doesn't like long roads, he prefers shortcuts” Sango said, the meaning was clear at that point. The waiter came to pick up their meals and they had desserts.
“Hey Kagome?” Bankotsu asked
“What is it?”
“Isn't Madam Tsuki's friend, that Naraku, a bodyguard?”
 
Kagome thought for a while before acquiescing, “Oh I see where you're getting at! But you can't just walk up to him and say can you help Sango's brother by being his mentor?”
“That and how do you expect us to find him?” Sango continued “We don't have Madam's number and we can't ask the trainers you know?”
“Well, that isn't a problem…”
“Why?” Bankotsu asked, a raised eyebrow “You haven't been hiding things from us did you?”
“Of course not!” Kagome leaned over to hit him slightly on the arm, “He lives right in front of me!”
“He does?”
“Yeah… I really don't like that look, I don't know him well!” The blue eyed woman told her friends.
 
At the other side of town, “Sir, the poison has been completed but we have a small problem”
“What is it?”
“The poison works”