InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of mission ❯ Anthrax attack... or not ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Angels of mission
 
XtopangelX: I made some mistakes last chapter, like always, I really gotta re-read more, anyways, Bankotsu is Kagome's half-brother and not step-brother, I typed in Safaia's home code (well stars actually) but it didn't appear on ff.net. And by the way, Kagura came back twice in different role, well, they are the same person ok. Now good reading to all of you.
 
Chapter 5: Anthrax attack… or not…
 
The two days preceding the training camp passed uneventfully, all three chosen has been preparing themselves to what it could be like. They wonder exactly how different it would be from the Academy; after all, in the Academy, there were no martial arts training. All three were competent in said arts but not all three were experts. Out of the three, only Kagome and Bankotsu were well trained. Sango knew only the basic and a little bit more so she was anxious.
 
When the day came, Kagome was at her apartment with the youngest of her half-brothers, Bankotsu, getting ready to head out to the camp. It was situated in the outskirts of the city too, a mere two miles from the HQs.
 
When they got there, Sango was already there, waiting for them. They looked at each other, took a deep breath and were going to go in when a voice came from behind. “You guys look like you're going on death row or something” They looked behind them and saw Shippo.
 
“Shippo, what are you doing here?” Asked Kagome
“I'm a field agent, and since for now, we'll only be gathering information at the HQs, I'll be one of your trainers. So unless there's an emergency, I'll be overseeing your progress and reporting back to Madam Tsuki. Now inside before you're late!” That last part was an order. They all ran inside, god, Shippo could be scary when he wanted.
 
The red head stood outside, laughing at them. `God, newbies…'
A tall man approached him from behind, a put a hand on his shoulder. His first reflexes was to take the hand and doing an over the shoulder flip. Looking down, he scratched his head when he saw that it was Koga. “Hey Ookami”
“Damn it Kurama, it could have been Madam you know!” The black haired man groaned out.
“Whatever! What are you doing here anyways Koga?” Shippo asked, eager to change subjects.
“I'll be helping you the first two days, direct orders from Madam, she doesn't want to be too harsh, or cruel, on the new kids. After me will be Hiten and afterwards Kagura. Last, day, you'll be alone. But since that is an on the field test, she wasn't that concerned about it and really, there wasn't anyone else she could trust for this. They are all as, if not worse, cruel than you.”
Shippo only looked at him, glaring. “I'm not-”
“Hold on to that thought, we'll be late. We're supposed to be examples.”
 
Inside the camp, they were standing at the entrance, not knowing where to go. That was before Shippo re-appeared. “Now didn't I say that you were going to be late?”
“Yeah, well, you didn't tell them where to go” Said Kouga from behind the red head.
 
Shippo only grinned sheepishly before leading them to what looked to be a classroom. After they all sat down, two other officers came in, a man and a woman.
 
The woman was average height with long red hair and green eyes. They wondered if she was related to Shippo, those features are rarely seen in Tokyo, just like silver hair, blue eyes and golden ones, as well as red ones. She was in a khaki coloured uniform, resembling those of army sergeants, at camp of course, with a black beret with the Tokyo CTU ensign.
 
The man was a tall man, at his sight, Bankotsu and Kagome groaned. Why were there so many Shichinintai in the police force? It was Ginkotsu. They guessed he'll be teaching them how to build or rebuild weapons; the guy is a mechanical freak. He was tall. He had black eyes but the pupil and iris were very small. His beret covered his red hair and he also was wearing the same outfit. The ensign on his beret was that of the Tokyo Police force and not that of the CTU.
 
“My name is Ayame Ookami; I'll be your trainer in endurance and martial arts.”
“I'm Ginkotsu Shichinintai and I'll be training you in weapons, intelligence and strength. Another agent will be joining us in the last four days to help you with poisons.”
“As you know I'm Shippo Kurama, I'll be overseeing your progress.”
“I'm Koga Ookami and I'll be overseeing your progress as well, but only for two days, then it'll be Hiten Thunder and afterwards Kagura Wind. We're also here to make sure your training is well taught.”
“For now, you'll be given an hour to get accustomed to the camp before you start. Head toward the lockers and you'll find various uniforms that you'll have to put on quickly. For today, only the t-shirt and shorts will be needed. We'll be running. Well, you'll be running” Said Ayame “Meet us in the yard in an hour, dressed up and ready!”
“Before going though, you'll be finding your own way through here as a way to train your senses and observation. There is close to no directions written in this building. You three have been chosen and you are expected to do well. Any questions? Yes PC 159420!” Ginkotsu said
“Hum, will Mukotsu be joining us?”
“Officer Shichinintai will be joining us the last four days! I made that clear in the beginning did I not?” Said Ginkotsu loudly “Information will not be given to you twice on the field, and it should not be here either. But it is your first day and it will be excused. Do not repeat this. Now go!”
 
All three saluted their higher ups and left the room.
 
“Ginkotsu” Laughed both CTU agents.
“What?” said the man in a much smaller voice now.
“Nothing, Gin, nothing” said Koga, and then turning to his wife “You coming Ayame? We'll get the yard ready for them”
 
“Since when Ginkotsu had has such a loud voice?” Kagome asked Bankotsu after they got out of the classroom and were trying to find their way around. So far they have already found the lockers, thankfully, and now were heading upstairs.
“Don't know, I guess he's like this at work only. He's never been like that at home”
“How many siblings do you have anyways???” Sango asked “They're everywhere!”
 
Laughing, Kagome said “You see,” they turned a corner and opened the door to see the cafeteria “I have a younger full blooded brother called Sota, and Bankotsu here has six brothers. Adding to that, my mother remarried too so I have another younger sister, that works as a forensics expert. Most of Bankotsu's brothers are in the force but one, and Sota, well, sometimes, I'm still wondering if he'll be able to keep a job for more than five months.”
 
By the time they finished the tour, forty-five minutes has passed, and they had fifteen more to get ready. They all changed and headed out to the yard. What they saw there terrorized them. The four trainers saw their expressions and smirked.
 
“In place!” Ginkotsu called
 
All three quickly got in line. Bankotsu was at the far left, Kagome was in the middle and Sango was in the far right. It was also in order with their codes, the PCs.
 
“The running today will be done in the obstacle course, this will be training your agility, reflexes, stamina and speed. You will have to finish this course in fifteen minutes. That would be considered a long time if this was an on the field mission. As it is, it will be a starter, at the end of the day; you have to be able to finish this obstacle course in less than seven minutes, understood!”
 
All three yelled out “YES MADAM!”
“Very well, start at the blue line and the end of the obstacle course is blue line as well, you'll have to go over the fence though because the course is not only here but around the building as well. You'll see where to go during your first two laps and afterwards, they will disappear and you will have to remember the course. Now start!”
 
They began running, and as it was, Bankotsu was leading while Kagome and Sango were neck to neck. But that quickly changed when what seemed to be a practice target sprang in front of him, he quickly skidded to a stop before doing a flip over it. But the time he took to stop, the girls went passed him but Kagome was disturbed by a dummy whizzing by her, one that she had to faster than to pass by. So Sango was currently leading, nothing stopped her for now. The siblings behind her had continued their course, when flying boomerangs where thrown at them all, Kagome managed to escape them all, Bankotsu was nearly hit by one and Sango was hit by one. Fortunately, those boomerangs were only holograms. The course continued like that for ten minutes and Kagome finished first with 14 minutes and 15 seconds, Sango second with 14 minutes and a half and Bankotsu last with only a second after Sango. Poor Bankotsu had the most difficulty with the obstacles, he got the most!
 
“Too slow! You were given fifteen minutes but you barely made it!” Ayame yelled. “You will do it again! Limit is still fifteen minutes, the obstacles will change! Start!”
 
They all took off running again, and the obstacle did change, they varied even more. Sango had to climb up an kind of wall that just came out of nowhere, while Kagome had to dive underneath a bar that came out of nowhere and Bankotsu, well, Bankotsu learned to dance when rock pellets where thrown at his feet and he had to avoid them all. In the end, Bankotsu finished first with a minute to spare while the girls finished together to Kagome's old score. They all looked at Ayame and gulped when she was frowning again.
“Do it again! Same limit!”
 
They were off again. The day continued like that and they were not let go until they actually got it in seven minutes or less. During the day though, Shippo and Koga had to leave for HQs. They said Safaia called them back because there was a small intervention, training they called it. Apparently, the higher ups can call for tests anytime.
 
During that day, at the HQs, Safaia and her team mates were all searching franticly for the position of the last suspect.
 
“Myoga, any leads?”
“No Madam!” said a man in his forties. “They hid themselves very well.”
“Were there any departures from the country since the shooting?”
“None madam. No one left the country.”
“Very well, continue searching.” That is weird, no one left… There were a lot of people at the airport yesterday when they went to pick up Naraku, surely not all of them were arrivals.
 
Safaia sighed before heading up to her office. She sat down on her large black chair and looked at her computer screen. Suddenly, she opened up a window and created a new email account. She then sent an email to her own department. She waited and her email bounced back saying that the destination didn't exist. She frowned and headed outside of her office, leaning on the rail. “Kirara!” She called to her computer expert “Shut down the system!”
 
Her team all looked at her, “Madam?” Kirara asked
“We've been infiltrated.”
 
That sent her team in action. They all bustled around shutting down every piece of electronic of the CTU. After, they all sat around a large table. “Our system has been infiltrated and our firewall breached. We haven't been able to get any information because our system has been blocked from outside. Basically, we don't exist in the World Wide Web anymore. As long as we can't find a way to repair it, we'll have to deal with the CIDs' own system. For now, they can't extract anymore information from s as we shut it down, or at least we hope they can't.”
 
“Might that be the reason they knew where the blueprints were?” Asked Kanna
“Probably. We haven't taken on a case for a while, that's probably why we didn't find that out any sooner.” Safaia sighed “Myoga, Kirara, find a way to repair this, for now, we're bringing in Shiori” The team all looked at each other, Shiori Koumori was well known around. She can get about any information for you. Whether said information was from the Underground or not. She wasn't a police officer, she was a neutral in all of this, and she works for the one that pays the most or has the most benefits. “Let's just hope she agrees to work with us”
 
---
 
Sesshomaru sat in his office at his company. He was reading some monthly reports when a ding sounded from his computer. He looked up and saw an email. Not recognizing the sender, he put it in the trash. He went back to his reports and heard the door open. Looking up again, he saw his brother coming in.
 
“Naraku”
“Sesshomaru”
 
Silence reigned in the room, but it wasn't uncomfortable. Until his email box got a new message again, Sesshomaru frowned when he saw the sender. It was the same email. “Have any idea who this T.R.Shuuryou is?” He asks his brother
 
At the name, Naraku's head snapped up, “T.R.Shuuryou?” Sesshomaru nodded “Delete it”
 
Sesshomaru did as Naraku said but asked “What is it?”
“If you ever receive an email from them again, delete it, if it continues, reboot your system.”
“Naraku, who is it?”
 
---
 
“Safaia” Sesshomaru said through the phone “Have you recently gotten emails from a certain T.R.Shuuryou?”
“No why?” Safaia said, curious, while seating in her office, trying to find a way to undo this damage to her system.
“Can you track it down for me?”
“I'm sorry but I can't right now.” Safaia said “But what's with it?”
“Just got some emails from them and I wanted to know who it was?” From the other side of the phone, even Sesshomaru and Naraku cringed at the weak excuse, and especially at the questioning tone.
“Right, that is the reason why you'll be asking me, to use military scaled- Sesshomaru, I'll call you later ok?” Safaia said before hanging up, she headed to the railing of the balcony again, looking down she saw her team, with the two members she sent to overlook the training, trying to find way to reboot the structure without problem and the breach. “Kirara?”
“Yes Madam?”
“Open up one computer and look through the emails and watch for a T.R.Shuuryou! Open an empty station, one of those where there is no information.”
“Yes madam!”
“Kagura! Kanna!”
“Yes Madam?” Both said
“Go to military base and asked, with my name, permission to search through their system for any virus like this one. Try sending emails to that destinations and try finding basic information to see if there is anything wrong with it!”
“Yes Madam!” Both said before heading out.
“Jakotsu, Koga!”
“Yes Madam?”
“Same thing with the CID department, understood?!”
“Yes Madam!”
“Hiten! Manten!”
“Yes Madam?”
“Try and find someway to undo this please!” Safaia said a hand on her temple.
“Yes Madam!” said both brothers, slightly smiling but otherwise all serious.
“Shippo! In my office, now!” She said before turning around and heading in again.
 
Said man headed up to his boss' office and knocked.
“Enter”
 
He went in and stood by the chair, she motioned him to seat down and he did so and then waited. She looked at him, “How are their trainings going?”
“They're coming along very well for newbies. They completed the first lap in less than fifteen minutes. Ayame might tell them that that timing was slow but we all know that they have some of the best time so far. Normally, newbies can complete the first lap in less than 20 minutes. I know I finished my first one in 17 minutes.”
“Second lap?”
“Around the same, Bankotsu had a major change during the two laps. First lap he finished at 14:31 and finished at 14 second lap. Kagome had the same time on the two laps, 14:15 and Sango finished her first with 14:30 and her second 14:15.”
“Good, you can go now” Safaia said before Shippo left her. “T.R.Shuuryou, might they be…”
 
---
At the end of the day, all three former CIDs were exhausted but proud of themselves, they headed towards their homes after going out to eat together.
 
Kagome was walking towards her house from the parking lot when she bumped into someone. Looking up, she saw it was Naraku.
“Hi!” She said to the handsome man in front of her.
“Hello Kagome what are you doing here?”
“Oh, I live here!” She said, smiling up at him “And you?”
“I'm staying here as well, for now”
“Oh!” Kagome said “what a coincidence”
“Yes, well, which one is yours?”
“161, you?”
“162”
 
They both laughed a bit before calming down, Naraku walked her to her, his, well their doors and bid her goodnight. Kagome looked at her clock and it was 11 o'clock already.
---
 
Safaia was still at her office at 7 o'clock and so were the rest of the team. The ones she sent out have mostly all come back, everyone but Kagura and Kanna. `What could be taking them this long?'
 
She took up her cell phone and punched in Kanna's number. She waited for her to pick up, “Madam?”
“What's taking you two so long? I sent you out hours ago.”
“We've encountered some trouble, but it fine now. We're coming back now.”
“Have you found anything?”
“We rather… We rather tell you this in person ma'am”
“Very well, come back now” Safaia frowned after she hung up. What happened?
 
---
 
“Kagura and Kanna are coming back now” She told her team “And they probably found something if what Kanna said is anything to go by.” At the same time, the elevator door opened and in came the two sisters.
 
“Madam!” They saluted, before seating down. “We went to the military station and asked for permission like you told us to and it was granted like expected. We've been sending various email but they've all bounced back saying that the destination doesn't exist.”
“Those are the exact same signs from here.”
“Also, we've been searching through the emails, and we remember that you asked Kirara to look for a certain name, so we look for it too, and the military received various emails and messages from T.R.Shuuryou before the military email disappeared.”
“Come to think of it, The CID received similar emails, sent to Sir Take and Sir Kyo but neither opened them, and their systems are intact.”
“MADAM!” Kirara called from her place. She has been looking through emails that have been sent to the CTU department “T.R.Shuuryou, 10 emails this month, only one was opened.”
“When was it?”
“A week before the shoot out”
 
Safaia swore, “they work real fast. The military has been touched as well. Then why would…”
“Madam?” Asked Jakotsu
“Hmmm?”
“How did you know about T.R.Shuuryou?”
She looked at him, “I got a call right before sending you guys out, it was Sesshomaru. He asked me to track him down, something about emails. I didn't even think that it had something to do with our case, but he lied when he answered my question. He never lies… And I swear I could hear emails popping in his office…”
“Well, you make some far fetched links, that's for sure” Said Koga, “The way you say it, it is as if it was a on the moment thought”
“It was, but it worked out. It came to me when I was being sarcastic with him too, something about using military type equipment for his personal use.” She thought for a moment “Guys, go home for tonight, you're all tired, you won't be of much use like that. Tomorrow, we'll head out to Shun building, see what else could have been taken and to the military, Kagura did they shut their system?”
“No, Sergeant Kensei said they couldn't afford to do so.”
“Couldn't afford- Very well, we'll go see them tomorrow as well, he'll shut that system down alright. Now go home and rest. Shippo go back to training camp tomorrow”
 
After her people left, Safaia pulled out her phone and called Sesshomaru, “Hey Sess!”
“Safaia? How are you?”
“Tired, tell me, did you cook?”
“Yeah, I didn't eat yet why?”
“Long day, can I come over?”
“Sure, Naraku's here too”
“That's fine, I'm coming now ok?”
 
Half an hour later, she appeared in her business suit at the Taisho mansion.
“Hey guys!”
“Hey Safaia! Are you okay? You look tired?” Naraku said, while setting the table. “The food just got done.”
“Fine, just a long day… What we eating?”
“There's gyoza, tempura, sunomono, miso soup and dango.”
“Wow, how do you guys get time to cook like that? Last time I talked to you guys it was 4 o'clock and you were still at the office!”
“I got here before Sesshomaru”
“I see, well, let's eat, I'm starved.”
 
The three ate, drank Sake, and talked. After some times, Safaia couldn't help but ask “Sesshomaru, what do you know about T.R.Shuuryou?”
The brothers looked at each other before answering, Sesshomaru said “I've received two emails from them today, and Naraku was there. At the first one, since I didn't know the username, I deleted it, next one came not even five minutes later, and Naraku was there at the time so I asked him who it was, but I didn't open it.”
“I told him to delete it and if they ever send one again, to delete it too. You see, while I was out of the country working, I've encountered the group behind the email. At the time, they were just a small rebel group in Russia, and since I was the bodyguard of a business man that they targeted there, I was able to, well, find some information about them. My team of the time and I successfully diverted their attacks and I asked my boss why he was being targeted. He told me that this group wasn't happy that the anthrax poison didn't belong to Russia anymore, nevertheless that it never did. You see, this business man was the owner of the company that made the poison, only, the recipe wasn't theirs.”
Safaia continued for him “The recipe that was recovered was written in Russian but it was created by China. I know that already.”
“Well, the Chinese scientist that created it was chased out of the country when he considered using it as a weapon during the Second World War, and because China wasn't one of the directly hit country, and did not wish to be, they chased him out. Frustrated he went to Russia, and sold his recipe. The Russians did not use it either, but kept it on the body of their spies. The spy that the CTU caught those decades ago was one of the descendants of the original spies. Only the poison as it is didn't exist anymore, it had evaporated in the years-”
“Wouldn't that have contaminated the Russians, well those in the area?”
“It would have if it wasn't for the fact that every time the company that bought it knew it was going to evaporate, they convinced the government to send them out in some mission somewhere deserted or almost. There is no anthrax spies left and the one you caught was the last one to have anything to do with it.”
“But why would that rebel group want anything to do with it?”
“Easy, they are also descendants of those spies. They see it as a right to possess the recipe and now, this rebel group isn't so small anymore. More people joined, and not all of them were descendants.”
“I see… ”
“Only they weren't smart enough”
 
Safaia looked up “What?”
“They never changed their emails, or their name. They were called The Real End.”
“The Real End?”
“Yes, don't know why but well… They kept that name and Shuuryou means end. T equals-”
“No. I got that” Safaia said before Naraku launched into how to describe a name.
“Well, they were easily tracked down, and most of the originals members died in a shoot out too, by the Russian government.”
“And they want revenge, and now they are getting it on us” Looking at the clock, it was 10 o'clock, “It's late and I have work tomorrow, so I'll go now, Naraku, you need a lift, heard your car is still in Russia.”
“Yeah, you go first though, I have to go take something from the kitchen ok?”
“Sure!” With that she headed outside with a kiss on Sesshomaru's cheek. “Bye Sess!”
“Bye.”
 
---
 
“Are you ever going to tell her that you love her?” Naraku asked his brother when he was sure his friend left.
“She sees us as best friends, she was clear about that.”
“Well you do what you want, but don't regret it when she finally settles down Brother. See you.”
Sesshomaru nodded after him.
 
---
 
After Safaia left him at his apartment complex, Naraku walked towards the building when he stopped, he swore he heard something in the bushes surrounding the building. When he heard nothing, he was going to keep walking but he felt someone bumping into him. Turning around, he remembered that he saw this woman at the party Safaia brought him to when he got back. She told him Hi and he knew she was embarrassed. They talked a little bit and found out they lived right in front of each other.
 
---
 
Sango was in her apartment, lying on her bed. She just got a call from her most recent ex-boyfriend; Kuranoske. He wanted to get back together after cheating on her. What an idiot! Why couldn't she find a good man? Why was it always idiots, morons and all sorts of wrong people that she ended up with? Why was she so unlucky?
 
Looking at her clock, she saw it was 11 o'clock
 
---
 
When Safaia got home, it was about 11 o'clock. She sighed; she won't be getting much sleep tonight. She'll be up by sunlight like always, and since it was summer, it might come by early. That and she probably will take so much time thinking about the problem at hand that she won't get much shut-eye that way. Taking out her cell phone that she closed at Sesshomaru's house, not wanting anything to disturb her time with her best friends, she saw many calls made from Uryu's house. Just great, why did she always attract losers? Why not real men like Sesshomaru? Wait Sesshomaru? Why was she thinking that? Why has she never considered him? And why was she even on that subject?!
 
By the time she fell asleep it was one o'clock and the next time she opened her eyes, it was five.
 
---
 
“Hey boss!” said a man, looking at a figure sitting in a big chair turned away from him.
“Report” A feminine voice answered
“The CTU has shut their system down, the CID still hasn't opened the emails we have sent them and the military is still in our range. The government firewall is still impenetrable even though the email was opened.”
“Very well… We got what we wanted already. We have no need for the government anymore. Silly police, thinking that we wanted the blue prints for whatever weapon our men might have took. They'll never notice in time.”