InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Another Day ❯ crowds ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

_______crowds_____________________

`This is what it's like for everyone else. This is what everyone else feels. This is what I've been missing out on. This feels great. This is amazing. This is what life is like for everyone else. This is what everyone experiences, everyday.'

The movies weren't packed like they were on Saturday. A few people were there, that couldn't be helped, but it was nice. There weren't a lot of people to make her feel self-conscious about the utter lack of `friends' gossiping about trivial mush surrounding her.

Alone in a crowded room.

But…now she had a way out of that room.

She looked up absentmindedly at the movie listings above head. She felt Miroku pull away a little. She pulled him back gently, a reflex. She looked up at him.

"You choose".

Her heart skipped a beat.

She turned her head back to the movie listings quickly.

She had looked at him. In the eyes. Eye contact had been something she avoided. It…was too personal for comfort…too…bold for someone like her.

Like her…like what she thought she should be.

She turned her head again, unblinking, determined. Looked him through the eyes. She smiled, closing her eyes, "Okay".

_____________________

She smiled. Cute.

He gave a small smile back. Sexy. Sly. Alluring. Whatever.

He kept forgetting the more boring part of his "mission". He needed to study, observe, the energy surging around her. Well not really surging. It was just present. It was strong and more than a little abnormal. It was common to find humans, most unaware, with spiritual, psychic, demonic…something, power. This stuff though, a little more than strange. A lot more than what was natural. But that's all he could tell at the moment. That's all he really knew.

What good would it do him to mull over the two useful bits of information had? Guilt was something that he could easily shove aside in favor of fun. It would be a horrible thing indeed, to spoil this innocent little outing with thoughts like that.

`Speaking of fun, Inu Yasha must be having one hell of a hangover.' Miroku thought, handing over money for both kagome's and his tickets. He had thirty minutes before the show started. He could make a call, see if Inu Yasha was awake, (or alive). There were plenty of shops in this area for Kagome to look through without getting bored.

Damn Inu Yasha, ruining a date afterall…

_________________________

this one was rushed. I'm feeling groggy so nothing profound (or remotely interesting) came out of this one. Sorry for pointless, stupid chapter (I feel like I've cheated you). Stand by for a better one (better, if not longer) later. I feel so loved. I started off writing fanfiction not thinking I'd care about reviews, but now that I'm here I really appreciate them. I would have let this fic die and fade away if it weren't for your input.

What's sad is that the author's note is 1/5 of this fic.