InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Another Day ❯ phsck ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

_____Phsck_________________

"Kagome, I need to call a friend. He's not feeling well, and I need to check up on him. it won't be for long. I'll be back in time for the movie." Miroku said, holding up his cell phone by his head. He motions made him flirtatiously mature. He shook his cell phone and brought back down to make a call.

"Wait, are you just going to make a phone call?" Kagome asked. What had she had she done? Was she boring him? Maybe she had been too forward and he liked being the one to take the lead?

"Huh?" He looked back at her, surprised. "Oh, no…I was going to call and see if he woke up. He's got a massive hangover…or it's bound to be one, after how much he drank last night. I really do need to see if he's all right though. You can go shop around if you want."

Kagome bluashed, a little embarrassed.

Miroku chuckled. "Were you afraid I'd abandon you? You're so cute."

Kagome blushed a deeper shade. Where had all that confidence she had gone? She stumbled back alittle, in her flustered state, and became aware of her backpack. It was weighing her down a little and was making her feel awkward all afternoon.

"Miroku, would you mind taking my backpack? I'm tired of lugging it around all day…" She left her sentence off. Maybe she was being too demanding? He was already taking her to the movies, paying and everything, and he was escorting her around too…she felt awkward.

He smiled. "Sure. Go have fun. I'll be back. Don't worry. I wouldn't leave my little girl all alone to fend for herself. Despite everything, I am a gentlemen."

Despite everything? He had been one all afternoon, what did he mean…?

"Later." He grabbed her by the shoulders and gave her a peck on the cheek. And gave her butt a firm squeeze.

Oh. Everything.

________________________

He left her flustered again. What had happened? She had been so confident right up until then…what…happened…?

She looked around the shops. There was really nothing she could do. She only wet shopping when her mother couldn't and when it was for herself, she never went to places like these. She got plain stuff, not these cute mashimaros and puccas…stuff no one would notice.

It wasn't like she had any money either…all that was in her backpack with Miroku. It wouldn't hurt to look…she could always look into buying some soda…she had some spare change...

What movie had he chosen anyway?

______a/n______________