InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Predicament ( Chapter 33 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

++Chapter 33++
++Predicament++
 
`Oh shit…what do I do?' She asked herself as she watched the moth youkai come closer.
 
“Pa…” The words wouldn't come out. “Mama….”
 
Kagome looked up; staring into the eyes of the one, she knew to be the dead priestess, Kikyou.
 
`Something's different about her…' Kagome thought.
 
Inuyasha stood there, watching as the moth youkai got closer. He was torn between saving his friends and family to saving the woman he thought he had loved years and years before.
 
What should he do?
 
88888888888888888
 
Kyasha felt her arms being pulled in complete disorder. Her voice still not up to it's strength.
 
The next thing the hanyou girl knew, she was being tied up and prepared for her sacrifice.
 
“Ma…..” Tears started coming down her face, this couldn't be happening; not now, not when she just met her real family, the family that loved her for being a hanyou. Now she was being pulled away, for some sacrifice she couldn't protect herself from in the beginning.
 
“We now have the last piece of the puzzle to our ceremony.” The moth lord cried out, earning him horrified and confused looks from the humans, hanyou, and youkai. “You do not understand what has happened, do you, pathetic.”
 
“What the hell do you mean?” Kyasha heard her father shout back to the moth youkai that now held her life.
 
“You don't realize how valuable this `priestess' really is…” Kyasha didn't like the way he said `priestess', sending chills down her spine.
 
“What the fuck do you want her for?” Kyasha groaned, how dense could her father be?
 
“This priestess isn't who you think she is…” The moth chuckled. Kagome stood up; her eyes brimmed with tears.
 
“Give her back, now.” Kagome demanded enlightened at just what the moth youkai was getting at. Everyone looked at her, even the moth youkai, amazed that this strange girl had gotten it.
 
“What the hell do you mean, Kagome?” Inuyasha growled getting really frustrated at not knowing what everyone was getting at.
 
“Inuyasha…that's our daughter.” Everyone's eyes enlarged. “That's Kyasha!” She shouted and pointed to the priestess, tied up and crying.
 
“Ma…ma…” Kyasha whispered, loud enough for the room to barely hear it.
 
Inuyasha's head shot in the hanyou girl's direction, she could feel his eyes skewer her, finding the truth in what his mate had said. He stifled a gasp.
 
“Kyasha… He whispered, she smiled, finally, she thought.
 
“Yes, your dear daughter witnessed the true feelings you shared, and that will be her last dieing memory before she leaves this world.” The moth youkai laughed manically.
 
“Papa…” Kyasha smiled sadly. “I'm sorry…”
 
Inuyasha started growling, unsheathing Tetsusaiga, “Give her back, now!”
 
“I'm sorry, do you really think we'll just hand over the last piece to resurrect our great and noble leader.”
 
“Please…get her.” Kagome whispered to her mate, Inuyasha growled.
 
“Let the ceremony begin.”
 
88888888888888888
 
Getting up from her lying position, Kikyou stood, with her new body. “You all look so pathetic.”
 
Everyone turned except Inuyasha, who still stood, sword out, staring at Kyasha.
 
“What the hell did you do!?” Kagome yelled, receiving a wince from everyone, they would never get used to Kagome cussing.
 
“What any woman would do if she were to get a new body in the deal.” Kagome felt like throwing up.
 
“You mean, you worked for the moth youkai just so you ended up getting my daughter's body in return?” Kagome aged when Kikyou nodded with a smirk.
 
Everyone was pulled out of the meek mood when they heard a scream. Turning around, they all gasped. Kyasha's body was rising on it's own consent, lifting her up.
 
Inuyasha had enough he ran after them, killing anything that entered his path.
 
“It's too late hanyou!” Everyone stopped and looked back to see an evil grinning Kyasha.
 
“Who are you?” Kagome asked, knowing for a fact who the mystery really was.
 
“Oh, forgive me.” The hanyou girl grinned. “Kikyou is my given name, but feel free to call me…Kyasha.”
 
Inuyasha started to growl.
 
“Yes, I swapped bodies with that hanyou daughter of yours, it was brilliant really.” Kikyou laughed.
 
Just then, Kooketsu came up behind the priestess inhabiting his friend's body, knocking her out with his hand.
 
Kagome gasped at the quick movement,
 
“Did you hurt her?”
 
“No, just stunned her, but we've gotta get Kyasha's soul back so she can return to her own body.” Kooketsu turned and started to run for his friend.
 
They all stopped when an evil laugh brought shivers to their spines.
 
“It's too late!” The moth youkai came up. “We have the final soul.”
 
Kagome wouldn't believe it, turning, she gasped, as well as everyone else. Kikyou's body lay limp, meaning,
 
“No…” Kagome whispered. “NO!”
 
Inuyasha raised his sword, bringing it down with a blast,
 
“Kazu no Kizu!” He screamed as everyone closed their eyes at the blast that came forth.
 
The blast was larger this time, meaning Inuyasha wasn't wasting any time now, destroying everything and anything in his path to get to his daughter.
 
Kooketsu froze when as he watched the hanyou pass him. He shook his head, he wanted to help, and he needed to help, for the wrongs he created.
 
Sango rushed in, tossing her boomerang at a few moths, rendering them useless. Kooketsu shook himself, running into battle.
 
88888888888888888
 
Kyasha felt faint. Her breathes became shorter and more fast as she continued to breath in and out. She almost wanted to throw up at the nauseous feeling in the pit of her stomach.
 
Then everything went black, nothing was there anymore. Nothing.
 
She felt like she was outside of her own body, watching from a distant at what she was doing. However, it was boring, her body just lay there, almost dead like.
 
`Maybe I really am dead…' Kyasha asked herself with a sad chuckle.
 
88888888888888888
 
Kagome shot an arrow, aiming for the ropes that tied the dead priestess' body to the wall.
 
Kooketsu helped, grabbing the body as it felt. He dashed back to the miko, laying the body down.
 
“Is she alright?” Kagome asked. Kooketsu nodded.
 
“How do we get her soul back?” The wolf youkai asked as he looked back to the moths, the ones who now held Kyasha and Daitan's souls.
 
“I don't know…” Kagome shrugged in a panic.
 
 
 
There, you got your answer. I'll be continuing the story. I didn't realize how many people could answer with reviews in one day, it really feels good. It would just help if you guys actually talked to me once in awhile…LoL
 
Sorry for the short chapter, I'll be writing on this story more to get it done and out of my hair, LoL, thanks for the support!
 
~*~
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters, anime of manga. Rumiko Takahashi does and I'm glad she had the imagination to create such amazing characters to play with.