InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anxiety ❯ Faith in a girl ( Chapter 34 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

++Chapter 34++
++Faith in a girl++
 
Kagome watched hopelessly as her daughter lay there, soulless.
 
A sharp pain hit her neck, making her react with a slap.
 
“Lady Kagome…” She looked down at her palm and gasped.
 
“Myouga?”
 
“Yes, I've come with important information.” He stated. The flea looked down and sighed. “Let's just hope I'm not too late.”
 
“What going on?” Kooketsu asked.
 
“We need to get her sword, Akari no Kurai.” Kagome stood and looked around, hoping Inuyasha brought it.
 
Kooketsu stood and followed the girl, he didn't know what Kyasha's sword looked like, and he definitely didn't know why he was taking orders from a flea, but he helped nonetheless.
 
He stumbled on something at his feet, looking down he smiled with excitement.
 
“Miko, I found it.” He grabbed the sword and jogged back to Kyasha, followed by her mother shortly after.
 
“Okay, you need to place the sword in her hands.” Kooketsu did as he was told, and wrapped the girls' cold hands around her sword. A beat of some sort formed when the contact was made.
 
“There, now what?” The wolf youkai asked confused.
 
“We must wait; Lord Sesshoumaru told me this, but nothing else.” Kagome sighed at the loss of hope.
 
Nothing happened; not a single movement came from the girl. Kagome couldn't help the tears that came down her cheeks.
 
“No…why her?” She mumbled repeatedly. This wasn't happening.
 
As soon as all hope was lost, there was a slight twinge in the hanyou girl's body. A movement at her face, a little eyebrow twitches, so small; Kooketsu wasn't even paying attention when he saw it.
 
“Miko…her eye…it moved!” The wolf youkai all but smiled when he saw the movement.
 
“Does this mean…she's back?” Kagome said with excitement in her tone when she herself, spotted a small movement.
 
“No, this isn't the Kyasha you knew.” Myouga commented earning him a confusing look from Kagome and Kooketsu. “Let me explain. The sword here, has only given the body a task, to get its soul back. Kyasha's soul still hasn't returned, but the body will assist in the battle to get it back.”
 
Kagome sat there, shock on her face when she watched her daughter's body sat up right; emptiness was in her eyes, indicating that Myouga was right; this wasn't her daughter.
 
Kyasha stood, holding the sword in her left hand, ready to fight for her soul back. The body looked dead, almost empty like.
 
Sango and Miroku glanced back and almost jumped when they noticed the girl's position.
 
Kagome explained everything, wasting no time in getting Kyasha back to normal. She warned Sango to let Inuyasha know before anything bad happened as she ran back to Kooketsu who was assisting Kyasha's body to stand.
 
Pulling the sword in front of her, Kyasha's body started to pulse as the sword transformed. Kooketsu started to let go, but realized that the girl couldn't stand on her own, holding her, he brought her forward, enough so she could instinctively let out her attack.
 
Kyasha rose her slack arms and slammed the sword down, letting the bright pink and blue waves from the sword beam through as it collided with the wall at the other side.
 
Kooketsu felt something, he wasn't sure what it was, but when he felt her bare arm when her shirtsleeve pushed up, he felt warmth.
 
The wolf youkai was a bit surprised. When he had felt her cold skin when her soul wasn't there, now her skin was a warm, mild cold.
 
He almost smiled when the thought came to mind, was her soul slowly coming back to her?
 
Kyasha let down her sword again, letting out another beam of lights as it killed more of the moth youkai.
 
He felt the sword pulse again, and with each pulse, he felt the heat start beating off her in waves.
 
Kooketsu finally got the courage to let her go, freeing her from his arms, he smiled when she stood on her own, and even blinked.
 
Kyasha lifted her sword again and this time let out a small whimper when she let her sword down.
 
Then Kooketsu looked up, spotting the place where Daitan's soul rested, he started to think up a plan to get both souls back, as Kyasha started to lift her soul, he ran.
 
Running down the room wasn't a hard thing to accomplish, but adding that Kyasha still wasn't herself was a problem. Ad he jumped he, he felt the blast from Akari no Kurai come at him, ignoring the fact that she had tried to hit him as he continued to make his way up to Daitan's soul.
 
Kooketsu jumped up and noticed a moth youkai coming after him, he felt trapped but his heart skipped a beat when he witnessed a boomerang slice through the threat. Looking back, he smiled back at the youkai taijiya and kept going.
 
88888888888888888
 
Kyasha felt something tugging at her. Something pulling her, like she was being tugged at her arm on a swing.
 
Almost as if on necessity, she started to growl when she felt something in her hands. Kyasha saw black, but slowly she opened her…eyes?
 
Wait, she thought, how am I doing this?
 
Kyasha almost started to cry when she saw lights, crystal clear as if she never left them. Her family stood behind her, her sword was the object in her hands.
 
With a fierce tug, she slammed her sword down, breaking through the wall ahead of her. Running after the moths, she killed anything that was in her path, as if on a mad frenzy.
 
Kooketsu was just in front of her; she smiled as she watched him cut down a moth youkai and grabbed a small container. She frowned, what could it be, she thought.
 
88888888888888888
 
Kooketsu had run back, not expecting to see Kyasha right behind him. He smiled.
 
She was back.
 
The wolf youkai made it back to the miko and her friends, gasping for air.
 
He sat beside Daitan's body and smashed the bottle that he held next to the boy's body.
 
A small white light glowed and everyone blocked it with their arm as they waited for the light to diminish.
 
Kyasha rushed back, not being able to control her newfound excitement.
 
Kagome gasped when she noticed Kyasha moving by herself, she ran over and grabbed the girl into a tight hug. Crying her eyes out when Inuyasha came over.
 
“Mama?” Kyasha mumbled into her mother's hair as suffocated in the woman's hug.
 
“Kyasha…you're back.”
 
“How though?” Kyasha pulled back. “I don't remember coming back.”
 
“It was your sword.” Kyasha gasped when she noticed Myouga was sitting on her shoulder. “Your sword pulled your soul back so you could use it.”
 
Inuyasha stood outside of the small group, his daughter was back. Now they just needed to get Daitan back and they would be out of here.
 
Just then, he felt two small arms wrap around his waist. He looked down and gasped.
 
“Daitan…” He whispered when he noticed the boy was crying.
 
“Papa…” The boy smiled up at his father. Inuyasha looked back and noticed the wolf youkai lying there on the ground, exhausted.
 
Inuyasha let Daitan find his mother then walked up and kneeled down at the youkai on the ground.
 
“You'll do, kid.” Inuyasha stood and walked back to his family and children.
 
However, he didn't notice the small smile that played upon Kooketsu lips as he left him lying there.
 
88888888888888888
 
“Papa, can I do it?” Kyasha jumped up and down. Inuyasha thought about it, then nodded.
 
Kyasha giggled the pulled her sword out, without thinking, smashed it down, and destroyed the castle.
 
“Hurray for the good guys!” Kyasha started running off with a new bound freedom.
 
“Wait up Kyasha!” Daitan ran up and jumped on his sister's back as they started to run in circles around the field.
 
Inuyasha smiled at the scene, Sango and Miroku jumped in on Kirara's back and told the family they'd meet them at the village as they left with their children.
 
Everyone was exhausted. Inuyasha walked down the trail towards his kids with Kooketsu on his back.
 
“Inuyasha...” He glanced back at his mate and smiled at her knowing look.
 
“I know, but I don't want her to rush things, she's still too young in my books.” Inuyasha grumbled.
 
“You have to remember, she's the same age I was when I fell for a certain dog boy.” Kagome giggled at the slight blush that appeared on he mate's face.
 
“I still say he's a stupid wolf kid.”
 
“But you know she'll be with him, no matter how we stand against it.” Kagome giggled again.
 
Inuyasha smiled then started to jog as Kagome caught up to him, they followed there kids back to the village, happy for the whole chapter in their lives to be done with.
 
 
Another chapter, plus the epilogue then this story is finished, finite! Don't worry, I'll be going back eventually in my spare time and editing this whole thing, then leaving it in a safe where I'll never look at it again…just kidding. I can't wait till this damn thing's done!
 
~*~
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters, anime of manga. Rumiko Takahashi does and I'm glad she had the imagination to create such amazing characters to play with.