InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Appetizers? On Me! ❯ Changing of the Tide ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When? he asked himself.
 
The waves lapped quietly at the shore, breaking across the sand before they reached his feet. A cluster of dark clouds looming in the distance threatened summer rain but for now the sky was clear and the moon bright.
 
He watched her with a careful eye.
 
She'd hiked her silk kimono above her knees to keep it dry. The waves rushed greedily at her slender calves with a dull roar, threatening to pull her beneath the rip tide. Captivated, she stared up at the blue moon and basked in its cool light.
 
Her skin, illuminated by the soft glow, was smooth and luminescent, rivalling the most well crafted marble statue. The ebony hair that'd once fallen loose and unruly about her shoulders sat twisted in a careful bun at the nape of her neck. Even standing in the ocean with her clothes pulled up above her knees she was elegant.
 
Breathtaking.
 
Beautiful.
 
He called to her. She glanced over her shoulder, a radiant smile on her lips. His breath hitched, if only for a moment.
 
“The tide has turned,” he said simply.
 
She nodded once and looked away with a secretive smile. She understood.
 
“Hai, Sesshomaru-sama.”