InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Autumn: Fairytale ❯ Just an Ordinary Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter One:
Just an Ordinary Day

She'd given up her childish hair-do of two pony tails. Now, she had grown out her bangs, and pinned the front of her hair back, still leaving wavy strands she couldn't get, but still leaving the back of her hair down, showing its medium length. She wrapped her white Belted Duster sweater around her more.

Ayame sighed as she saved her file on her laptop and shut it, carefully. She had written one chapter in thirty minutes. It had taken much of her energy for the moment. The publishing company had practically begged her to write another one of her ‘amazing’ books. But Ayame never found her writing for much of an excitement. She looked back at the door, where keys were making a jingling sound. Kouga was home.

Ayame opened her laptop again. Oh hell, why not kill time, it’s not like I want to have a conversation with Mr. Asshole. She thought. A few months had passed since she was forced to sign the marriage papers. Her Grandfather practically shoved them down her throat for months. She’d finally gotten around to being tired of him, she signed them . . . and just like that, she fulfilled her mother’s, and his mother’s wishes. She fixed her glasses on her eyes and opened her file. “Where have you been?” She murmured.

“Out with my father, why do you care?” Kouga sneered.

“I don’t, just trying to start a conversation.” She snarled back.

“What ever, I’m going to bed.” Kouga ran up the stair of his mansion and toward his room. It was his, the house. His father had had it built in almost the middle of no where, in the beautiful fields of Japan, it reminded you of the countryside, but it wasn’t. It was only 2 miles away from the city.

You’re an ass hole, you know? His mind argued.

Kouga rolled his eyes. I can’t help it; I got it from my father. Ass hole makes us move here, like we need all this land, what’s wrong with him? Is he mentally insane?

We always thought that, haven’t we? It can’t be that bad, right. It’s calm and nice here.

Are you joking, I’m living in a house with someone I don’t even know.
Kouga sighed and lay down in his bed, looking up at the ceiling.

Ayame turned off her laptop and shut it. She bit a piece of her carrot off, as she walked up the stairs and headed toward her room. It was a pretty large room, and it looked lonely and empty, almost like her love.

Why was Kouga always so distant? Just because they didn’t feel anything for each other, doesn’t mean they couldn’t carry out a proper conversation. Any word would have been pleasant.

He phone rang and Ayame got to it. “Hello?”

“Ayame, its Jubie.”

“Hey,” Ayame flopped on the bed and picked at her jacket. “What’s up?”

“Not much. I wanted to check on you. You haven’t called me all day, I thought you died or something.” Jubilee moved her hair out of her face and properly put the phone closer to her ear. “You okay?”

“Of course, sorry . . . I was kind of busy, the company had been on my ass about another book and I got a few chapters done today, I just e-mailed them.” Ayame explained now staring out her window.

“That’s good, are you still coming over tomorrow?”

“Sure, I guess.”

“Kay, I’m going to bed. But I’ll either call you in the morning or just see you tomorrow.”

“Fine, ‘night,” Ayame clicked the phone off.

She looked at the clock. 2Am, wow, she had only a few hours till her usual wake up call . . . a call from the publishing company to convince her how powerful her writing was, and to keep going while the Beta editor correct all of her mistakes.

Nothing made sense to her anymore, why was she even living? She always lived to find the one right person for her, but it was impossible to do that now. She was married, like it or not. And some things were obligated of her, like at least loyalty.

.xXx.

Kouga grabbed his coffee off the table and took a long, rushed gulp of it. He was late . . . an hour late to be exact. His father had told to go to the office at exactly 7am. It was now 8am, and his alarm clock failed to ring. He rushed out the door, hair in a messy pony tail, tie and shirt undone. "Fuck," he cursed under his breath. "Fuck, fuck, fuck,"

Ayame kept sighing on the phone as the secretary poke to her like a phony, saying how everything was so great, couldn't she just tell her to keep writing and move on with her pointless life? Finally, she could hang up properly.

She walked out to the kitchen. What a mess. There was a clutter of dishes, and old coffee. And of course . . . she was going to have to clean it before heading into the city to visit her sister.

.xXx.

"Sorry I'm late--, wait where's my father?" Kouga asked going into an office.

"Relax, I just had his secretary call you saying he wanted you in . . . but really I did." Explained Sakura, with her seductive tone. Sakura was Keiji Ookami's, Kouga's father's, law partner. The owned a law firm together. And she just so happened to be Ayame's eldest sister. She ran most of the work. And she had an eye on Kouga. She had long, strawberry blonde hair that curled at the ends, big pink lips, and green eyes. She bit her lip and climbed on her desk, taking Kouga by his tie, and lowering him down to kiss her. Their lips and tongues connected.

Sakura giggled against his lips. Though, Kouga never knew whether to enjoy it while it lasted, or to get out of the whole dysfunctional family dramas.

"Miss--Oh . . . oh, I'm so--sorry." The poor intern secretary, who worked at the desk, had seen her first scandal.
She covered her eyes and rushed out the door.

Kouga sighed and took his tie from her. "That's the second time someone caught us. By now you'd think we'd learn to get room. Plus, your wife's sister, how disgusting does that look."

"Well, we're in a room now." She giggled. "Plus, you don't even like her, and for a fact she doesn't like you either.”

"I meant with at least a bed. Did she say that exactly?"

"She doesn't have to. She's my baby sister. I'm sure little Aya won't mind sharing you." She joked.

.xXx.

Ayame check her voicemail and only got on message . . . from Kouga, asking her to pick up his little sister after school. Her name was Yumi. She was only 10 year-old and was in love with Ayame, always saying how nice she was. She had short dark hair, always up in pig tails, and the nicest grey eyes.

Ayame pulled up, in front of the school and stepped out of the car, leaving it on. Mother's and their small children laughed and walked along. Ayame spotted little Yumi sitting on the step, her chin resting in the palm of her hand, and her elbow resting on her knee. She looked around for someone to come and get her, anyone.

Yumi's eyes lit up when she caught a glimpse of Ayame. She ran to her. "Ayame! You came for me!"

"Of course. I'm sorry I came late. Things got kind of carried away at work. Did I keep you waiting for long?"

Yumi shook her head. "No. Guess what?"

Ayame took her hand and walked her to the car. "What?"

"I got an A plus on my spelling test! Ms. Kim gave me a sticker for it!" Yumi buckled herself in as she explained.

"That's great. I'm very proud of you. So are you going to be a doctor now?" Ayame joked as she drove away from the school. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Yumi giggled. "No. I want to be . . . a soccer player."

"That's a pretty big goal you got set there."

Yumi shrugged. "I bet I could handle it. Just like my big brother can handle . . . um . . . what ever it is the does."

Ayame giggled. Yumi had no idea that he was a lawyer. "He's a lawyer sweetie." Ayame pulled into the drive way of the mansion. "You're going to have stay here with me till your daddy gets home, okay?"

"Okay." Yumi hoped out of the car and ran inside the house. She dumped her backpack onto the couch. "Can we take our snack outside and count the clouds like we did last time?"

"Sure sweetie. Cheese and crackers?"

Yumi nodded and ran out the door, leaving Ayame to carry out the snack plate. She walked through the foot long grass and set the plate down next to Yumi She sat down, making an obvious dent in the foot long grass. They both lay down in the grass and bit off the end of a cracker. "I think I see a bunny." Yumi pointed out.

"I see . . . and ice cream cone."
.xXx.

"Kouga!" Squealed Yumi. She ran to her brother and jumped on him.

"Hey, how was school?" He asked.

"Good. I laid outside with Ayame, and we watched the clouds. I even found one in the shape of an eye!" Yumi exclaimed.

"That was nice of her." Kouga put her down. "Come on, I'll take you home and read you a story."

"Okay . . . how come you and Ayame live together, but aren’t married?" Yumi asked quietly, giving Kouga the most shiny, questioning eyes.

Both Ayame and Kouga's heads shot up, and their eyes at Yumi. "Sweetie, we live together, because we are married." Ayame explained.

Yumi shook her head. "No, you can't be married."

"What makes you say that?" Kouga asked.
"Well . . . because . . . you just can't. Daddy told me that babies come from a store, and the bird gives babies that you registered for. But . . . you don't have a baby, so you can't be married. Daddy told me." She blinked.

Kouga and Ayame looked at each other, and then slowly at Yumi. "Um . . . well maybe the store is just running a little late. There are a lot of people who got married recently." He answered.

"That happens? But Daddy told me that they come right when people are married. Why can't you have a baby? I want to help you take care of one."

"Like I said . . . sometimes the bird comes late."

"Oh," Yumi shrugged. "I hope you two get your baby soon, because Ayame would make a nice mommy. And you would make a nice daddy too, Kouga." Yumi ran off to get her backpack, leaving Kouga and Ayame a little shell shocked.

Kouga and Ayame never even gave thought to talking, and now they were hit with a big boulder. Yumi was practically begging them to make a baby. It kind of left them uncomfortable . . . really uncomfortable. Ayame had stopped typing, and she was sure Kouga stopped breathing or something.

"I'm ready, Kouga." Yumi announced. She pulled her brother out the door by the hand.

Ayame marked Jubilee's number. She got the answering machine. "Hey, sorry. I had to baby sit Kouga's baby sister. But I'm coming now, I just have to finish this chapter and e-mail it. Bye." Ayame continued typing for a few minutes. Then she saved the file, e-mailed it. She pushed the laptop a side and went for the door, to her car.

.xXx.

"Finally," Groaned Jubilee, letting Ayame into her apartment. It was decently big, and over it look the whole city, which made it even more magnificent.

"I'm so sorry. I got caught up at the house, I had to baby sit, and then this whole conversation about babies came up--"

"Kouga wants you to make him a baby?--" Jubilee questioned wide eyed
.
"What? No, first off, how do you make a baby yourself? But no, Yumi, his little sister, wants us to have a baby. Apparently there's one more hopeless child on this earth who's going to learn about sex the hard way. Any ways, I'm here now." Ayame served her self some fine wine to cool herself down, however . . . it didn't help. nothing could over come the massive head ache she was having. Too many thought provoked her mind at the moment.

"Relax! Are you asking for a hang over?" Jubilee swiped the bottle of wine out of her hands and stuffed it in the fridge. "Now sit and talk to me, like we used to do."

"Nothing is even the same. You used to tell me I was the little sister, and my opinion never even counted." Ayame whined. She dragged her feet toward the sofa and threw herself on it. She sighed heavily and stared blankly at the low, wooden coffee table.

"I said that? Hm . . . 'must've been high or something'" Jubilee picked at her pink manicured nails. The middle one had a fancy flower design. "Any ways . . . I saw some really hot firemen. And guess what, let's just slay I slid down a pole."

"Ugh. You're disgusting! Must you advertise your sex life--?"

"Stop bitching just because you're not getting any."

"I don't need sex to be happy Jubie. The best things in life are free."

"Sex is free . . . depending on who it's with." Jubilee argued.

Ayame lay silent. That was definitely something Jubilee would say. "Whatever, continue."

"Actually, that was all I had to say. Except I got his number. So, any sex? Or is he still not putting out."

"I don't care whether he wants to put out or not. I haven't even had a decent conversation with him. What makes you think I want him?" Ayame played with one of the couch pillows. Picking at the silk fabric that felt cool against her warm skin.

Jubilee looked her sister up and down. She looked thinner now. Had she been eating right? Did she even eat at all anymore? Her face was paler, her whole body was paler. Her nails were chewed to the core, aw was her bottom lip, it was bitten down to the deepest skin. "What wrong with you? You seem like you don't take care of yourself anymore."

Ayame shrugged. "It's just this whole book dead line. It's got me looking over my shoulder every minute, that's all. So tell me about your new fire friend."

.xXx.

"But, you don't want a baby?" Yumi asked.

"I didn't say that princess." Kouga answered.

"But you just said you weren't ready."

"Being ready, and wanting a baby are completely different things."

"Well, does Ayame want one?"

"I . . . I don't know."

"You never asked her? Why not? I still bet she wants to give you a baby."

"I doubt that."

"Are you saying you don't love Ayame like daddy loved mommy?"

Kouga stopped the car in front of his father’s sea side mansion. "Since when did you become a shrink?"

"You never answered my question."

" . . . Come one princess, I still owe you that story."

Yumi staggered behind, dragging her backpack which had the contents of a snickers bar, a text book, a note book, and a few mechanical pencils. But to her . . . it was heavy. She wondered about what it would be like if her big brother and Ayame would have a baby. Would they look any happier? They usually looked so morbid together.

Kouga walked into his father's place. It still smelled like cigars and furniture polish. The floors were wooden; most of the outside walls were glass windows. They were thick, and shiny. No finger prints. He felt Yumi pull on his pant leg, and he looked down at her.

"I'm going to get my pjs." She informed before disappearing up the stares.

"Dad." Kouga called through the falls. He opened the door to his father's office. "I'm here."

Keiji Ookami looked up at his son from the mounds of paper work. "Son, so nice of you to come by again. I thought you'd run away or something." He mocked in sarcastic tone. "Where's the little tot?"

Kouga rolled his eyes. "She's changing. And for your information, I shouldn't even be talking to you. You got me into this whole arranged marriage mess. Ayame won't even look at me."

"I didn't get you into anything. It was one of your mother's last wishes before she passed away, rest her soul. And you never had to except."

"I wasn't exactly going to disrespect a last wish of the dead. But you could have at least talked her out of it."

"I never even knew about it till the file appeared on my desk the next morning. And I'm guessing you didn't even tell the poor girl yet, have you?"

"Told her about what . . . oh, you mean the fact that she also had to bear an heir for the Ookami family fortune? This must have just been one sick joke between both our mothers. First I marry a stranger, now I have to plant the whole idea in her head that she has to bear a child just so I can get my fortune? What did she want me to do rape her?"

"Don't be so dramatic son." Keiji complained. "Of course not. Your mother only expected you two to get along quick. But I guess she was wrong. Look, you and Ayame should just talk about it. Maybe you can come to a compromise--"

"Old man, when will you accept the fact that not everything can be negotiated through paper?" Kouga gave his father a look, a kind of angry, emotional look.

Yumi knocked on the door, and without waiting for the response she opened it, walking in with her book tucked under her arm. "Kouga, will you read to me now?"

"I'll have to give you a rain-check on that princess." He began walking toward the main door.

"That's not fair! You promised me Kouga. You never read to me any more. I can't fall asleep now. Please. I miss my big brother." Yumi whined giving him her saddest eyes which would always get him.

Kouga sighed. "Alright,"

.xXx.

Ayame awoke on Jubilee's bed, Jubilee sleeping soundly next to her, her breathing calm, and soothing. She slipped on some sandals and walked out into the daylight. She inhaled the air, getting the smell of sourness, and salt. Everyone was out. After all it was Tokyo, no one ever slept did they? She sighed, the air wasn't as clean as it was at her house.

The crowds got more crowded. Lights flickered; voices drowned, then became louder. The whole city was awake by now. Who could sleep with the noise? Ayame had no destination, no goal to getting anywhere specific. She just walked till she got tired, then turned around and walked back to Jubilee's. She felt kind of stupid, seeing some of the same places, and same faces over again. They probably figured her for insane.

"Where'd you get off to?" Asked Jubilee right when she saw Ayame come through the door.

She shrugged. "Just went for a walk."

Jubilee fixed her square glasses and looked back down at the new paper. "I made a fresh pot of coffee sweetie, just incase you aren’t still awake."

"Thanks," Ayame walked toward the coffee machine and poured herself a mug of the dark coffee, drinking it just like that. "Sakura call yet?"

Jubilee nodded. "She blew us off for tonight’s little sisterly bonding moment. She claims to have a business dinner. I bet she has a new boyfriend though. Just talking to her gave me a feeling she had some kind of glow about her." She closed the paper and set it on the small dinning table in front of her. "Guess it's just you and me kiddo."

Ayame didn't say anything. She swallowed the remains of her dark coffee and set the mug in the sink. She sat down in front of Jubilee. "Going to work? Whatever job you have this week."

She smirked. "I can keep a job, I just choose not to. Unlike you Ms. I-Can-Write-To-Save-My-Life-Unlike-You,"

"Very clever, come up with that one yourself or did you steal it off a cereal box?"

"Ha, ha, very funny. By the way, yes, I'm going to work in an hour. But when I come back from agencie, the rest of the night is ours."

.xXx.

"--And then look over the Abram vs. Fuji case. I need the files by tomorrow." Sakura informed Kouga while she sat on his desk, over looking a few files. "And I took care of blowing off my sisters, so we can go."
"Alright, choose a place and I'll meet you there." Kouga didn't bother to look up from the massive stacks of papers he had to look over.

"Okay, I'll be in the meeting room with your father." She informed before leaving.

What are you doing Kouga? You can't just go out with your wife's sister . . . there's got to be something wrong with that. His mind argued.

Don't be stupid. I don't feel anything for Ayame, or Sakura. It's a business diner. We're only going over the Abram vs. Fuji case.

Keep telling yourself that.

.xXx.

Ayame tucked the few strands of hair in her face, behind her ear. Her foot wouldn't stop tapping. She felt as Jubilee reached under the table and grabbed her knee.

"What's wrong with you," Jubilee began. "Are you like nervous or something?"

"Just impatient." She responded as their waitress came with drinks.

"About what?"

"Writers block, that's all. So, how was work?"

"Annoying as usual. Gosh, Sakura won't answer her cell phone. I bet the batteries dead or something." Jubilee tucked her pink Baby Phat cell phone into a small pocket of her purse. Her chin, resting on her finger tips, elbows on the table. She looked around the restaurant and her eyes widened.

Ayame noticed her sister's eyes. "Jubie, what is it? What's wrong?"

"Well now I know why our sister is ignoring us, she's working her moves on your husband!"

"What?" Ayame looked in Jubilee's direction. Sakura was definitely with Kouga, giggling and flipping her hair. "Well, they do work together."

"This is bad, you're married."

"You're forgetting . . . neither of us cares."

That didn't matter to Jubilee, who marched over there with a fake smile. She made Sakura move over and scooted next to her. She whispered something in her ear, but Ayame couldn't hear anything over the clattering of dishes, and people's laughs and talking. Sakura laughed and Jubilee walked over to Ayame. "Come on." She grabbed Ayame's wrist and dragged her toward Sakura and Kouga. Jubilee sat next to Sakura.

"Scoot over." Ayame ordered her sister.

Jubilee looked down at her lap. "Not in this skirt, I don't think so."

Ayame rolled her eyes and plopped down next to Kouga. Everyone laughed, and talked while Ayame looked dizzily at the bubbles at the bottom of her white wine. Jubilee kicked her from under the table and she jumped. "Ow," She grumbled.

"Care bear you haven't said anything for 20 minutes." Sakura noted.

"Gosh, one first grade costume and I'm scared for like. Do I call you Girl- with-arrow-in- head? This is kind of uncomfortable, I'm gona to go."

Jubilee, Sakura, and Kouga were all thinking the same thing . . . what's her problem? No one had an answer. Jubilee shrugged it off and went back to talking about her day . . . to Sakura. "Did I tell you I meat a fire fighter, and we--" Jubilee didn't get to finish her sentence. Ayame had forgotten something and realized what Jubilee was going to say and shoved a napkin in her mouth.

"Stop, every time you mentioned that man in our conversations it’d disgusting. And I'm sure Sakura nor Kouga would be able to digest after you told them something about him," Ayame ordered.

Jubilee spit the napkin out. "It's not disgusting--"

"Then what is it?"

" . . . satisfying."

Ayame rolled her eyes. "God I lost my appetite." She murmured before walking out the restaurant.

Jubilee felt eyes on her. "What . . . it wasn't going to be that gross."

"Sweetie, I've lived with you my whole life, even I knew what was coming." Sakura complained.

.xXx.
Ayame let out a deep sigh as she clicked on a document file and exited out of it. The phone rang and she instantly picked it up. "Hello?" She asked.

"Yo, I ne-need Kouga." A male voice slurred into the speaker. He was obviously drunk.

"Minoru? Is that you? Are you drunk?" Ayame questioned.

"What d-do you think princess? Get my brother."

"He's not home."

"Well...then can you come over here. I needed a ride."

Ayame sighed. "Where are you?"

.xXx.

Ayame pulled up to a strange house. There were a lot of teenagers outside holding plastic red cups full of alcohol. Ayame parked the car, leaving the engine on and stomped into the house. She stepped into the living room, to find Kouga's brother doing shots. She sighed and walked over to him, tapping his shoulder from behind. "Come Minoru, your brother isn't gonna be too happy to see you once he figures out you aren’t sober."

Minoru blinked a few times before realizing the girl talking to him was Ayame. "Right, let me just finish--"

"The hell you will. Put the god damn drink down and get in the car."

"Oh, aren’t we a little feisty? That's okay, I like it better that way." He teased. He stood up, almost stumbling at that.

This was a pretty long day.

.xXx.

"I swear to Kami if you try to touch me one more time the better part of your face will be under my finger nails." Ayame warned Minoru as he stumbled into his brother's house.

"Oh, I'm scared now."

Kouga heard the clattering from his bed room, setting his files aside, he decided to check out down stairs.

"Will you stop making so much noise?" Ayame pleaded with Minoru. "You'll wake up your brother."

"Too late,"

Kouga sighed at the sight of his pathetic little brother, drunk. "Drunk again? Tell me Minoru, does it make you feel older now that you know how not to handle your drink? Get out, you're sleeping out side."

"Whatever." Minoru sat down on the counter, as if he didn't listen.

"Whoa, there is no way he's sleeping outside. Are you crazy?"

"He's brother and he'll do what I say."

"Like hell. He's 19, I'm sure he can handle himself. And I won't let you command him to sleep outside."

"Since when did you get into my families problems?"

"Since now. And He's not sleeping outside."

"Minoru, go outside."

"No," Ayame argued. "He's not sleeping outside."

"He'll do what I tell him to do. Now Minoru, get your ass out side."

"Kouga, will you shut up, he's not sleeping outside, he can take the couch."

"Like hell, he needs to learn to stop being a fuck-up. And he's sleeping out side."

"I can argue all night with you, He's not sleep outside and that's final, take it out on him in the morning."

Kouga snorted. "I don't have time to pick a fight with little girls."

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

===================


A/N: Hope you enjoy!
===================

This is a disclaimer which applies to An Autumn Fairytale and for that matter, the rest of my Autumn series. I do not own original characters of Inuyasha that are included in the Anime/Manga series. I simply own every character not created by R. Takahashi. She just inspired me to write fan fiction and manipulate the beautiful lives of her interesting character. This applies to every chapter.