InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ Wheel of Terror ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and I in no way gain any profit from writing this story. Inuyasha and co. belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I OWN NOTHING!!!! Nor the `Gravitron', `Rock-O-Plane' or `Fire Ball.'
 
Wheel of Terror~**~**
 
 
 
The fair was a cacophony of sights, sounds, and smells for Inuyasha. He was constantly drawn from one stand to another, seeing what they had to sell and courtesy of Kagome; he tried kettle corn and cotton candy for the first time, both of which, he fell in deeply love with. She decided to get him a big bag of cotton candy to make up for scaring him. Kagome decided to start slow on the rides. He was just tall enough to ride every thing, which was a relief.
 
Kagome led him over to a fun house. As she expected, he had a blast finding his way through the maze, though he ran into a wall once or twice. He especially took pleasure in making funny faces in the fun house mirrors.
 
“Hey `Gome! I'm fat!” He exclaimed as he stood on his tip toes in his sandals in front of a mirror. She stood next to him and laughed, “You look like you're pupped!” She blushed and moved to the next mirror which made her look emaciated. The spinning tunnel was tricky for Kagome, but Inuyasha just went with it, unafraid of falling and completely balanced.
 
“How in the world can you do that!?” She wheezed as she tried to catch her breath from effort. He simply grinned and said, “I'm special, and you're human.” He gloated. Kagome was just glad her friends weren't there to hear his statement.
 
“Whatever dog-boy.” She laughed and stood up. Next she took him to the `Gravitron.'
 
He found it startling as the room spun faster and faster. “'Gome!” He slurred, feeling the g-force pull down on his whole body, “I can't move!”
 
Kagome was laughing and began to mover herself upside down. Inuyasha immediately copied her, getting dizzier by the second as the blood rushed to his little head.
 
 
By the time the ride was over, both of them were a pale shade of green, as she staggered out and practically fell off the stairs. “I don't feel so well…” he warned, when he suddenly ran for a trashcan and bent over, vomiting up all of his treats. Kagome held his hair back, as Kagome's friends looked on sympathetically.
 
“Look, Kagome, we're gonna go on okay.” Ayumi informed her. Kagome looked back and nodded.
 
Inuyasha turned around to Kagome only saying, “Sorry `Gome…”
 
She hugged him tightly. “Don't worry about it Inu-chan, a lot of people throw up after going on rides like that.” After a couple of minutes of rest he was ready to go again.
 
Kagome knew, just from how he was he must be an adrenaline junkie so she decided to head for the `Fire Ball'. He was a bit nervous as he saw the giant claw fling the people into the air. However, he knew he could jump higher than that thing could reach. Kagome grabbed his little hand as they strapped them in and said, “Hold on tight.” And winked.
 
Before she had met Inuyasha she wouldn't have even gone within ten feet of a ride like this. She used to be so frightened of heights, but that first ride on his back completely broken that. She felt safe up high on his back. She felt so free. It was probably the closest thing to flying you could get. These rides were nothing like being on him. These strapped you in and held you in place. With him, she could have fallen off and still known he would catch her. She trusted him completely with her life.
 
She heard Inuyasha whoop with joy as he felt his stomach drop. The ride was awesome, It threatened to take them over the side completely but didn't. Inuyasha was pumped after wards and rushed over to the big ride, `Rock-O-Plane.' Kagome cowered in fear. As much as she had ridden with him, rarely had they ever gone upside down, if ever!
 
“C'mon `Gome! Don't be scared!” He cheered, “We'll be fine!” She gulped and hoped he was right, she didn't have the comfort of knowing he was strong enough to save her. Kagome had the look of `Please kill me!' as they closed the door to the cage they were in. She cowered as she saw the look on Inuyasha's face when the engineer told him how to hold it upside down.
 
“Just hold the bar.” She smiled as they entered the blue cage. Before she knew it, they were moving and she screamed as her world went topsy-turvy. He held the bar with all his might, and out of pure instinct, so did she, trying to brace herself. Inuyasha's prayer beads were a bright pink as they hovered around his neck in midair, refusing to be removed. Inuyasha grinned evilly and pulled the bar back, ripping it out of Kagome's grasp, sending them spinning. She heard a scream next to her, but not in fear, but in total excitement.
 
“FASTER!” he yelled, while Kagome prayed for a quick, painless death. Not only was she terrified, she was having trouble keeping all her body pats were they were supposed to be, as she looked down to make sure some unsuspecting rider didn't get a show of her assets. She should have known better than to go to a carnival with someone who wasn't afraid of death whatsoever.
 
By the time it was over, her friends were waiting for her at the exit, drawn to her by her screams and long string of curses, quite unlike Kagome. She attributed it to too much fear and too much time around Inuyasha.
 
“Hey Kagome! Guess who we found!” Eri said happily as she stepped aside to reveal Hojo. Kagome wanted to scream in horror; she definitely didn't want to have Hojo around.
 
“Hi Kagome, who is that?” Hojo asked, pointing to Inuyasha.
 
“He's my date.” She joked.
 
“Really?” Hojo asked with a dismayed look.
 
“I was just kidding…” She clarified. Even Inuyasha as a child looked at him like he was retarded.
 
Inuyasha pulled on Kagome's shirt, whispering into her ear, “Is he simple?”
 
Kagome giggled softly, and replied, “I dunno, but he acts like it, doesn't he.” Inuyasha nodded in accord. Suddenly, they were wrenched apart by her three `friends.'
 
“Kagome, you should go on the Ferris wheel with Hojo!” Yuka exclaimed,
 
“Yeah!” Eri and Ayumi agreed. Kagome really didn't want to be stuck up there with him!
 
“Inuyasha, come with us, I'm sure three can fit.” She offered. Inuyasha instantly brightened and tried to walk over to her, only to be stopped by a glaring Eri.
 
“You will NOT interfere kid!” she threatened harshly.
 
(A/N: `My Will' came one right as I started to write this ^_^ coincidence?)
 
“C'mon Kagome, go enjoy a ride with Hojo, we'll watch Inu-chan!” Yuka pushed. Kagome grudgingly agreed and went on, hoping it would be over soon.
 
Meanwhile, Inuyasha was suffering at the hands of Eri. “What were you thinking? This is a chance for romance to bloom! I'm not gonna let you ruin a perfect couple! Never!” Inuyasha shrunk lower into himself. “Ugh! This is why I don't like little kids. Always ruining everything.” Inuyasha began to growl, she'd gone too far.
 
“Stupid wench!!” He spat at her, “Can't you tell she didn't wanna go with him? Jeeze, you humans are sooo thick!” He dragged out the so to express his exasperation.
 
Yuka and Ayumi stood there flabbergasted, if their mouths had dropped any father, Inuyasha could have used them as a stage. Nobody, NOBODY talked back to Eri. They were so shocked that they hadn't noticed his calling them humans.
 
“Excuse ME, little brat? No way in HELL did you just call me a wench!” She warned.
 
He crossed his arms indignantly, “No you're right, I didn't call you wench. I meant to say BITCH!!”
 
“Oh that's it! It's on little kid!” She bullied, “You know, your parents don't love you, you were an accident.” She grinned spitefully.
 
“HAH! You think I've never heard that one? Keh! I've been hearing that since the day I was born!!” He retorted, barely caring what he said. All three girls stopped in their tracks.
 
“Wha?” Eri gasped but it was too late, he had stormed off on his own, fuming from what he had admitted and what they had said…
 
With Kagome~**~**
 
Kagome was currently hating every second next to Hojo. She saw him start to do the old yawn trick and tired to put his arm around her, saying, “It's a nice evening isn't it?” As soon as she saw his arm descend, she moved as far away as she could in a 5 foot seat. He only scooted closer, trapping her next to the wall. `This jerk never gives up does he?!'
 
“Kagome, it's nice to be here with you. You look really beautiful tonight.” He tried to cuddle, but she just stiffened in disgust. “Are you afraid of heights?” He asked, taking her firming body as fear. “Here let me help.” He smiled and cuddled closer. The only thing she feared was his lips.
 
Kagome tried her best to stop herself from gagging; he was WAY too close for comfort. She felt him put his hand on her chin and try to pull her face closer, but at the last second she used a free hand to pull it away and said, “So when's the next test?” Trying to hold him off until the ride ended.
 
“In a couple days.” He said, looking slightly defeated. The ride had stopped on top, facing the sun set….Just. Her. Luck… “Wow! That sunset is pretty, but…” He moved closer for the kill, “Not nearly as pretty as you.” He gushed as he puckered his lips. Kagome tried to turn her head around completely to avoid his lips.
 
 
The only one she wanted to kiss was Inuyasha, and the only reason he wasn't up here instead was that he was a child at the moment. Kagome had been so focused on getting away from him; she hadn't noticed the ride moving. It was finally over! She hopped over Hojo in a very Kouga like way and ran for safety, leaving Hojo in the seat, who had fallen over, trying to kiss the air. Even the lady working the ride look at him, silently thinking, `Freaking retard.'
 
Kagome had caught up with her alleged `friends' asking weakly in between pants, “Wh-where's Inu…Inuyasha!” Eri and the others looked like dear caught in the headlights. Kagome's eyes widened and she grabbed Eri by the collar, shouting, “Where's Inuyasha!!!” She shrugged.
 
“The brat called me a bitch and ran off!” she explained. Kagome threw her to the side and ran off in one direction. She was definitely spending too much time around Inuyasha.
 
“Inuyasha!” she pleaded desperately, “INUYASHA! Where are you!?”
 
A/N: Here's the newest chapter, or well, it would be, but today is a special day, so I'm posting two chapters! Also, please check out my new story `Yozora' Which I'm posting two chapters of too. Ijust finished the chapter art for chapter 1 and 2 for my new story! It's so pretty!However, you will need to find it on photobucket(dot)com. Search for Fullmetal_chibi_chan in albums. I know it's a lot to ask, but I ran out of room here. You canjustclick the next chapter buttonnow. You're welcome.