InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ Some Friends ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and I in no way gain any profit from writing this story. Inuyasha and co. belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I OWN NOTHING!!!!
 
 
 
Some Friends~**~**
 
Kagome had been searching for ten minutes for her Inu-chan, to no avail. A million scenarios ran through her mind, each one more unbelievable than the last. Why had he run away? Was it because of the ride? What had Eri said to him? WHERE WAS HE?! Kagome was getting desperate.
 
Nobody seemed to have seen a little kid with white hair and prayer beads anywhere! `Wait!' She realized, `Prayer beads, I can sit him!' Kagome took in an enormous breath and screamed “SIT BOY!” at the top of her lungs.
 
A distant thud was heard by all. She ran towards it, every so often saying, “Sit” softly, trying not to hurt him too much, listening for the soft whish SLAM! Of the beads. As she ran she grabbed a bow and a clutch of arrows, apologizing hurriedly, but did not stop. She turned a corner, into a dark space between tent vendors to see two vexed men trying to carry an unconscious Inuyasha into a van.
 
“Stop it RIGHT there you perverts!!!” She screamed as she aimed an arrow at the closer man. “You put the little boy down, and you both leave here alive!”
 
The closer man grinned with his rotten teeth, “You wouldn't fire missy, you're too kind to do that. The kid is ours. You let him get away. Finders keepers.”
 
Kagome looked at them in disgust and let an arrow fly. The glowing arrow nicked the man's ear and lodged into their van, making a huge hole, and ruining the engine.
 
“Wanna bet asshole?” he dared. The men were genuinely spooked and ran for their lives, leaving behind Inuyasha. Kagome waited a minute for her adrenaline to wear off and to make sure it was safe, and then flew to his side.
 
He'd been beaten and knocked out with what she guessed was a bat. He was out cold. Kagome's friends were behind her after a few minutes as she exited the space between the tents. He was bleeding from the back of the head and had multiple minor bruises and scratches.
 
“Thanks a lot Eri! You almost KILLED him!!” Kagome barked at her, walking as fast as she could without running to the nearest booth to see if they had a first aid kit. Luckily, one of them had bandages and disinfectant. She wrapped up his head like a pro which raised her friends' eye brows.
 
“Kagome, how do you know how to do that?” asked Eri, who she blatantly ignored. She thanked the clerk and hurried over the stand she took the bow and arrows from, apologizing and offering to pay for the missing arrow, but they declined, seeing as she had used it to save the kid.
 
“Kagome? You can do archery?” Yuka asked. Kagome nodded slightly, holding Inuyasha close. “Gramps teaches me.” She lied. “For self defense.”
 
“So how was the ride?” Eri asked, trying to change the subject. Kagome fell still and silent. Then lifted her head to them .She looked at them with a glare that could kill.
 
“I just cannot believe you let him get away! Look at what happened! He could have been killed!!! And you ask how the ride was?!” She felt like screaming, “It SUCKED!” She snapped, “I DON'T LIKE HOJO! Never have, never will!” Kagome felt a stirring in her arms.
 
“Told ya so…” put in a small raspy voice. Kagome was relieved to see he was awake.
 
“Are you okay?” She asked impatiently. He nodded, but she could see he was in pain. She looked once more to Eri.
 
“What does he mean, `I told you so?'” She demanded. “Nothing!” Eri defended. `DAMN, she's scarier than me!!'
 
“Yeah-huh!” He slurred slightly. “She wouldn't let me ride… with you cause… she wanted you and homo to get together…” He explicated, taking pauses for breath. Kagome almost literally had flames around her in fury.
 
“WHAT?!? YOU MEAN HE GOT HURT CAUSE YOU WANTED US TO HOOK UP?!” she shreed at her friends who felt like ants under her foot. “YOU'RE SO ...SO… I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE HOW MAD I AM RIGHT NOW!!!” She took in a big breath trying to calm down.
 
“I'm going home, and I am going to pretend this never happened, okay, because if it ever, EVER happens again, those arrows will be pointing at you.” She warned. They could all tell she was serious. They had put his life in danger and they weren't getting off easy.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
 
Kagome got home about 7:00 P.M., hurt Inuyasha in arm. Kagome's mother was given entire story in a much summarized version that lasted about a minute. She was shocked that they had let him run off and thanked Kami he was still with them.
 
She advised Kagome to give him a nice hot bath while she prepared dinner. Kagome blushed at the thought, but her mother assured her that he was only a child now and there wasn't anything wrong. It wasn't like he was full grown or thinking anything he might as an adult.
 
Kagome carried him up to the bathroom and started the water. He undressed, though slowly and Kagome took out his earring, putting it in her pocket for safe keeping. He was lethargic and off balance. Inuyasha smiled contentedly as he lowered himself into the water.
 
Kagome blushed through the whole event but Inuyasha didn't care, he was too focused on the warmth of the water and the pain in his head. Kagome helped him was his hair but made him clean his body, while she helped him keep his balance. He had winced when she washed his hair from the sting of the soap. She could feel it wasn't broken, which made her sigh in relief, he would be okay. She always knew he was hard headed.
 
She dried him of and let him get dressed, and then carried him down to dinner. He looked like he was gonna fall asleep right on the table, but he did eat some. Kagome's mother told her daughter to put him to bed before he landed face-first in his food.
 
Kagome laid him down on her bed, covering him with a couple of blankets. He looked so cute and content. She felt like crying… if he had been in regular form, this never would have happened… if she'd had the back bone to reject Hojo, he wouldn't have been hurt.
 
The girl of the future decided it would be too hard to concentrate now and climbed into bed next him, hoping things would be better tomorrow and to suddenly become a genius.
 
A/N: I know it's a bit shorter than the other chapters, but you got two chapters today. Please don't forget, there is chapter art for this fic on mediaminer. Look for Inuyasha (Underscore) Luvs (Underscore) Kagome (Underscore) Forever.Take out the spaces, parentheses and replace underscore with the symbol.Also, PLEASE take a look at my new story! ^_^ Tis cute too! I have a thing with Inuyasha and little kids. Ha-ha.