InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ Blood ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Blood~**~**
 
Though it was late, this village was bustling with life. Merchants called out their products, trying to entice potential buyers. The scents were almost overpowering for Inuyasha who had shimmied himself off her shoulders and to her side.
 
He knew if they saw them so close, they would probably think she was his mamma. Inuyasha stayed close at her heels, looking to and fro at the strangers. However, in no way was this village even close to a populated as Kagome's.
 
Shippo was already begging for some sweets and Kirara seemed to be in heaven with all the different types of seafood available. Miroku was eyeing the women and liked what he saw. Plenty of young beauties! Sango, as if reading his mind, smacked him upside the head
 
Kagome had rushed to a vendor and was calling Sango. “Look at these kimonos! They're so beautiful!” She gushed. Sango nodded in agreement. Seeing all the kimonos reminded him of his mother's most prized 16 layer kimono. She told him it was a present from his father. Inuyasha had to admit, they were pretty, but nothing ruins art appreciation like hate. Inuyasha could hear their curse words, their harsh whispers.
 
“A half-breed…” “Cursed abomination!” “It'll bring us all to ruin!” “This must be a bad omen.” “Which one is its' whore of a mother?”
 
Inuyasha wanted to scream ever curse word in his repertoire, which was HUGE for any 5 year old, at the top of his lungs, but he contained himself. Nobody, not even Shippo and Kirara got glares, just him. `Why does being two halves make me less than a whole?' He wondered. By all he knew about math from his mother, he was a whole something, but what?
 
Half-Demon or Half-Human, So what was his whole? He would have to think about that one.
 
This being his `first' time traveling with them he did not know of Miroku's `Method' of getting into an inn. Inuyasha looked at the monk curiously as he led them to the most expensive inn in the vicinity.
 
“Oh my!” Miroku exclaimed to the inn-keeper, seeming sincere enough. The man's face contorted into one of foreboding.
 
“What is it good monk?” He asked nervously.
 
“I feel a strong evil aura coming from here!” Miroku lied. Inuyasha looked confused. How could the pervert sense something he couldn't?! `Wait? That smell!' Inuyasha realized… `That fake! He's lying! I can smell it!'
 
Miroku slapped a sutra on the wall and had a hand in front of him, eyes closed, looking like he was praying. “There! You should be alright now.” The inn-keeper looked very relieved. He shook Miroku's hand reverently in thanks.
 
“I owe you many thanks good monk! Please, I would be honored to house you for tonight. You and your…companions…” He said with slight distaste looking at the little hanyou.
 
Inuyasha didn't want to be near these people, nor in this village, every instinct he had said, “HELL NOOOOOO!!! RUN. YOUR ASS. OUT. OF. THERE!” All of this nervousness had gone straight to his bladder apparently as he began to do the `Potty Dance.' He tugged on Kagome's skirt.
 
“'Gome?” She looked at him, “I need to go…” She nodded in understanding and looked all around to see if she could find an exit.
 
“Reikoku!” The inn-keeper called. A girl with wavy tawny hair came dutifully. She was shorter than Kagome and about 17.
 
“Yes?” She asked, her voice was soft and sweet.
 
“Show this child to the bathroom.” He commanded. Reikoku nodded and took the hanyou by the hand, though with a shudder, leading him. Nobody but Inuyasha saw the meaning looks they gave to each other. Kagome saw an anxious look on his face but passed it off as his need to relieve himself.
 
The girl led him down a few corridors, then out a shoji to the outside. A few other workers had joined them on their way out, smiling maliciously. He felt like screaming, but didn't have a chance to before one of them gagged him. He whimpered as one grabbed him by the ear, tears springing to his eyes as the pain shot through his body.
 
“Little monster!” Reikoku screamed. No longer was her voice like soft chiming, she had seemingly turned into a banshee. Inuyasha now knew why she was given that name as she kicked him hard between the legs.
 
Inuyasha didn't know how long it lasted before his world went black, and he didn't care. He only wished he'd listened to his instincts and stayed with Kagome...
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
“You guys, Inuyasha's been gone a long time…” Kagome pointed out as she set out her be clothes for after her bath.
 
Sango only smiled, “He might just be taking his time.” Kagome nodded but he looked like he'd needed to pee, not the other.
 
“You're probably right.” She said, but as they headed out to the baths, she didn't feel right; her intuition screamed that something was wrong.
 
“Sango, I'm gonna go check on him.” Kagome told her. Sango nodded back.
 
“I'll go with you. Something doesn't feel right.” She admitted.
 
Both women headed out to where the woman had taken her. They could hear a lot of moving and grunting as the reached the outside. Kagome gasped as she saw the scene before her. Two men and Reikoku were lying on the ground, dead, but still bleeding furiously from the jugular. Inuyasha was in the middle of a ring of about ten workers, most of them looking scared out of their wits from the sight or the little hanyou.
 
His eyes were an evil crimson, broken only by an oval of turquoise in the middle. His canines had grown substantially and his own aura seemed to create an evil wind around him.
 
“Who's next, you stupid bastards…” He snarled cruelly, flexing his little claws. So tiny, so deadly.
 
“Inuyasha!!” Kagome screamed, grabbing the possessed boy's attention, “Stop!!” She pleaded, but he only growled and smiled, ears twitching. Inuyasha spun around in a second, one of them had tried to sneak up on him, but before they even had time to scream, his claws shot out, slicing the man in half, covering the boy in crimson.
 
He smirked as he licked his razor sharp claws. “Weakling humans…” Kagome did the only thing she could.
 
“OSUWARI!!” The girl screamed and in an instant the boy was eating dirt. She ran to the hanyou's limp form, holding him in her lap. Sango kneeled beside her, a mix of disgust and horror at all the blood. Inuyasha's eyes fluttered open. That stench, blood! Kagome felt him gag in her arms.
 
“What happened `Gome?” He muttered, trying to hold down the contents of his stomach. Kagome held him close, not caring that her shirt was being dyed scarlet. Inuyasha looked around and saw the four lifeless bodies…
 
“D-did I do t-this?” He whimpered, holy hell, he was a monster! What if he'd killed Kagome before he woke up?! Oh Kami, thank goodness she was okay!
 
Kagome nodded softly. “It's not your fault, they were hurting you and you protected yourself!” Inuyasha sure didn't feel that way. He was a murderer… he'd done something unforgivable! She could feel his body shutter against hers. Sango stroked his head softly, trying to help Kagome console him.
 
They snuck back to the room, all the while, Inuyasha sobbed into her chest. He felt sad, yet almost proud and an overwhelming sense of horrible power. He'd held their lives in his hands and crushed them, killed them… slaughtered them. He was no better than those bastards who had killed his mother!
 
Miroku awoke to the sounds of their entrance, his eyes widening at the sight of Kagome's blood soaked blouse and Inuyasha in her arms. “What happened?” He asked, wondering if h he wanted to know.
 
“They attacked him and he lost control…” Sango murmured, “He's not taking it too well...” She explained.
 
“Shhhh….” She cooed, trying to console him. She was almost glad that he was this affected by what he'd done. It'd be worse if he didn't care. “Sango, I'm gonna give him a bath…” The girl blushed. She knew how the smell of blood affected him, he must be sick to his stomach.
 
Both gave her knowing looks, they knew this was no time to be making jokes.
 
Kagome quickly made her way to the baths, Tetsusaiga in hand, just in case. She stripped him and began to tend to the few wounds he had left. He wouldn't look at her, no, he couldn't.
 
She knew just from how he was older that he was wracked with guilt. `He thinks it's his fault…' She tried to lift up his head to look at him.
 
A strong little hand pushed her away, “Don't touch me!” He snarled, “I'm a monster!!!” Any other words he meant to say were choked with gasping sobs. Kagome tried again to look at him. Her eyes were soft, loving and sympathetic.
 
“Nothing you ever do will make you a monster to me…” she reassured him.
 
“How do you know I won't turn that way again and eat you or something?!” He cried. She just kept smiling.
 
“Because I know you're a good person at heart and you wouldn't let yourself do something like that. I trust you completely.” She explained simply. He was so confused. How was it that this woman could be so faithful to him? A monster. A murderer! “I know that you would never hurt anyone in your right mind.”
 
“So, is there any way to stop it?” he asked, hoping for a good answer. Kagome held up the rusty katana.
 
“As long as you have Tetsusaiga with you, you'll be fine.” She clarified. He nodded and looked up at this miracle of a girl, saying the only words that came to mind.
 
“Thank you… For everything….”
A/N: I am SO sorry! Life caught up to me, and 10 straight hours of playing Kingdom Hearts, Sora is hot!!! Yayness! Drools... Please review! Remember, chapter art is up on my FF.net lookup!