InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ Evil ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and I in no way gain any profit from writing this story. Inuyasha and co. belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I OWN NOTHING!!!!
 
 
Evil~**~**
 
They all left very early in the morning to avoid talk of the murders of those humans. They all breathed a sigh of relief once they were out of the village and headed out to get as far away from that place as possible.
 
Inuyasha was silent for most of the day. Kagome caught him staring at his claws much of the time. She knew he was worried sick, scared that he would do it again. Kagome was getting worried about him. He was off in space and had almost walked into not one, or two, but three trees! She sighed; he really needed something to take his mind off last night's events.
 
Once they had settled down for the night, the girls went out for a bath all alone, saying the boys could go after them, which earned some frowns.
 
 
Kagome sighed will bliss as she dipped herself into the hot spring water, as did Sango. “Oh Sango, what am I going to do?” Kagome asked.
 
“About what?” The taijiya answered.
 
“Every thing, Inuyasha, his `condition', his whole demonic episode.” Kagome elaborated.
 
“I don't know. I'm scared to say it, but I kind of miss the old him. Things are dull without him going `Keh,' every three seconds.” Sango laughed nervously.
 
“Yeah, I know what you mean. He's so guilty right now and I have no idea how to help him.”
 
“I don't know what to tell you. Take him somewhere that makes him happy? Maybe take him back to your time; it cheered him up a lot.” Sango suggested as she rubbed in the soap.
 
Kagome nodded and rinsed her hair. “It's do-able. I have an important test coming up, so I could probably study while we're there. I mean, let's face it; we're useless without his strength. Until he's back to normal, we can't do anything.”
 
Sango gave her a look of agreement as she pulled on her towel. “Tomorrow morning, I can let you borrow Kirara and you can go back to your time.”
 
“Thanks Sango!” Kagome smiled as they dried off. “I think that will take his mind off of all this drama.”
 
Both got dressed and headed back for camp.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
“When are the girls gonna be done?” Inuyasha asked impatiently. He wanted nothing more than to dive into that hot water and stay there until he was all pruney and didn't smell like blood anymore!
 
He dashed to the water as soon as the girls were in camp. Both giggled. He was probably the only boy in the world that ran to the bath.
 
Inuyasha stayed in the water the longest, which was no surprise. By the time he got back to camp, he was a prune, but a happy prune.
 
Before bed, Kagome combed his hair and asked him. “Would you like to go back to my time?”
 
He turned to her, smiling brilliantly. “Heck yeah!! Is your Mamma gonna be there? She's really nice!”
 
Kagome smiled and nodded. “We're going tomorrow, so get some sleep, okay?”
 
Inuyasha nodded back enthusiastically and climbed into Kagome's sleeping bag, along with Shippo. The others couldn't help but laugh.
 
After some tossing and turning, he was finally able to quell his excitement enough to sleep.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
“Wake up! Wake up! It's morning!” Inuyasha cried with glee as he shook Kagome awake.
 
“I'm up! I'm up!” Kagome yawned as she pawed the sleep from her eyes. “Jeeze, It's the crack of dawn. The bats aren't even asleep yet!”
 
She looked at him irritably, but all he did was smile back at her and blink. He looked so innocent! It wasn't fair! She couldn't stay mad at him when he did that. She hoped to Kami that he didn't remember this trick when he got back to normal.
 
“Let's get breakfast out of the way first.” Kagome told him.
 
He nodded and as soon as the ramen was finished, he almost literally inhaled it. Kagome's jaw dropped, how could he stand to eat it so hot?!
 
Once everyone was done, which took much too long for Inuyasha's taste, Kagome turned to Kirara. “Kirara, could you please take me and Inuyasha back to the well?”
 
Kirara nodded and was enveloped in a ball of fire. From it emerged a larger, more fearsome Fire-cat. Kagome petted her on the forehead and scratched behind her ears. “Thank you Kirara, You're the best.”
 
Kirara purred at the compliment and rubbed her head against Kagome's abdomen lovingly. “You sure are affectionate today!”
 
“Can we go now?” Inuyasha pleaded hurriedly. Kagome nodded and climbed onto Kirara's back and Inuyasha followed suit. They waved back at their friends and in a second, they were off.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
Meanwhile~**~**
 
A little buzzing insect had witnessed the events that had just transpired and hurried off to its master. It quickly flew to an evil looking castle shrouded in a deep purple miasma so thick it made it hard to see, which you would only notice if you were strong enough to not keel over at your first breath.
 
Loyally, it flew over to it's master, landing on the mans index finger. He smiled maliciously saying only, “Yes… Interesting… Perhaps this can work to my advantage.”
 
He looked over to the screen to his left. “Kagura. Come.” The man with a white baboon pelt around his bent knees said, crushing his unlucky saimyoshou minion in his palm, savoring the unhealthy squish it made in its palms as its internal fluids leaked from the crevices of his fingers.
 
A woman in an elaborately decorated kimono walked in, her crimson eyes burning with unspoken hate. “Yes?” Her voice dripped with venom. She suppressed the urge to shudder at the sight of the wasp's purple and blue blood on her master's hands.
 
The man, aptly self-named Naraku, held out his hand, glaring at the wind witch. “I did not appreciate your tone.” A beating heart appeared in his hand. He squeezed it hard, bringing the woman to her knees with a groan of agony.
 
“Yes, my lord.” She grunted, clutching the left of her chest.
 
“Much better. It will not happen again.” He demanded curtly.
 
“Yes, my lord.” She repeated, politely, trying not to gag as the words rolled off her tongue.
 
Naraku grinned evilly. “Go find Kikyo. Tell her to find the wolf prince. Have her tell him to find that reincarnation priestess, Kagome. Inuyasha will not be a problem. ”
 
Kagura repeated her words once more, then kneeled, pulling a feather from her bun and disappearing with a gust of wind. As she drifted on her fluffy white feather, she wondered. `What could that bastard want with that wolf? Hmm… I shall see soon enough.' She soared down to a familiar blue light, cautious of the undead priestess.
 
“Priestess Kikyo.”
 
“Kagura…” Kikyo frowned. “What does he want with me now?”
 
“Oh not much…Just a message…”
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
At the Well~**~**
 
Both hanyou and human dismounted from the cat demon. “Thanks Kirara.” Kagome gushed. Inuyasha pulled on Kagome's skirt, beckoning her forward
 
Seeing that she wasn't needed, she flew off, back to her master.
 
“Hooray!! I can't wait!” Inuyasha smiled as he ran to the well.
 
“Hey! Wait up!” Kagome laughed as she jumped down with him, both being consumed by the cerulean glow of the well. Inuyasha immediately jumped out as soon as they touched down.
 
Hikaru smiled as she saw the well house shoji slide open. She waved happily over to Inuyasha with one hand and the other on her broom. “Nice to see you again.”
 
Inuyasha galloped over to her and glomped her. “Yay! I missed you! A whole lot!!”
 
“How much?” Mrs. Higurashi asked, patting him on the head.
 
He spread his arms wide. “This much!”
 
The woman giggled and waved again in the direction of the well.
 
Kagome followed shortly, and went to hug her mom. “Inuyasha needed a break.” She smiled as she watched Inuyasha proceed to torture her poor kitty.
 
“Lunch is in the kitchen, on the table.” Her mother informed her. Kagome nodded and headed inside the house.
 
“Inuyasha! C'mon, leave Buyo alone. Come get lunch!”
 
“Kay!” He yelled back and headed inside, but not before growling, “You got off easy this time.” At Buyo.
 
Hikaru could have sworn she saw her daughter's cat breath a sigh of relief, then went back to sweeping, knowing that this would certainly be an interesting visit…
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
A/N: Please forgive me!!! I was staying with an old friend and couldn't post the chapters! I'm afraid my updates may be more sporadic now that it's summer… I'm sorry. Busy schedule!
 
With Love and Apologies from,
 
Teh Fullmetal Chibi-chan! AKA InuyashLuvsKagomrForever!