InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ Sabotage ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Sabotage~**~**
 
The hungry girl of the future and her miniature hanyou companion quickly gobbled up the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on the counter. Kagome had to laugh as she looked down at Inuyasha who was licking his sticky sweet fingers. She was debating whether to tell him he had a huge glob of peanut butter on his cheek or not.
 
Deciding to be nice, she took a finger and wiped it off his face. Inuyasha watched with a smile as she ate it. It was at that time, he realized how lucky he was. She never looked at him like he was a monster, or treated him with anything other than kindness.
 
“I'm gonna go take a shower, why don't you go play with my brother Souta?” Kagome asked, roughing his hair.
 
He nodded and went out to where Souta's scent was coming from. Souta was currently juggling a soccer ball between his feet. Inuyasha ran over to him, gleefully following the ball's movements with his eyes. Kagome's brother passed the ball to Inuyasha. Inuyasha, not knowing the game, pounced on the ball, nearly puncturing it.
 
“Hey! Don't pop it!” Souta warned. Inuyasha looked up at him with a smile.
 
“Sorry!” Inuyasha apologized as he rolled off the ball.
 
“It's okay. Do you wanna play a game Inu no nii-chan?” Souta asked, taking the ball in his hands.
 
“Yeah! Sure!”
 
“Look, go over there.” Souta pointed to two trees about 6 feet apart.
 
Inuyasha did as told and stood halfway between them. “Like this?” he yelled back.
 
“Yeah! Now you have to stop me from scoring a goal. You have to catch the ball, or kick it away before it goes past you!” The boy explained.
 
“Okay!” Inuyasha grinned, “I'll go easy on you!” He smirked, fists on his hips and leaning to the right.
 
“Hah! Fine then! But I wont go easy on you!” Souta called back playfully. And the game began.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
A good hour later Souta was soaked with sweat and Inuyasha was panting hard, spiting every so often. [1]
 
“You tired yet human?” Inuyasha jeered in between pants as he kicked the ball back.
 
Souta was bent over, hands on his knees for support. “Oh-okay… I… give… we should get back.”
 
The ball rolled past Souta and stopped by the Goshinboku. Slowly, they walked back, neglecting the ball as they went.
 
Inuyasha looked around. He hadn't noticed how late it had gotten. The sun had already set by the time they got back to the house. Inuyasha watched the world around him transform into shades of grey, green and red as the darkness fell. [2]
 
As they opened the shoji they were greeted by a smiling Mrs. Higurashi. “Hello boys. Dinner's almost done. Why don't you two get cleaned up?”
 
They nodded and headed to the bathroom.
 
Kagome caught them on their way up to the bathroom. “Hey guys. I hope you're going to take a bath, you two stink!” She joked as she held her nose comically.
 
“Ah, be quiet!” Souta frowned as he opened the bathroom door, dragging Inuyasha with him.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
Kagome had come back up to her room after dinner with Inuyasha. She had a test to study for, again! She looked over her shoulder to Inuyasha, who was on her bed sleeping in a ball, nestled in her blankets. Oh, the test wasn't THAT important. She could study during school. She convinced herself as she laid herself in the bed, pulling Inuyasha close to her. He obliged and snuggled into her side.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
Inuyasha was forced back into the living by a loss of warmth. It was early morning and he could see Kagome running around her room, chanting a little mantra that went, “I'm gonna be late! I'm gonna be late! I'm gonna be late!”
 
“Wha?” he moaned sleepily as he rubbed his eyes.
 
He saw her rush into the bathroom. He meanwhile, ambled down the stairs to Hikaru. He saw Buyo on the table and growled playfully, morphing into his dog form.
 
He was about to jump onto the tale when he was tugged by the scuff of his neck. He felt his body leave the ground. “Oh, no. Leave Buyo alone Inuyasha.”
 
The oversized puppy looked at her with innocent amber orbs, tilting his head to the left. Mrs. Higurashi almost squealed with delight at the cuteness.
 
“Kagome is getting ready for school. She's a bit flustered because she's late already and still has to get dressed.” Hikaru explained.
 
Inuyasha nodded in understanding.
 
She set him down, but motioned for him to stay as she pulled out a red ribbon from her apron. She tied it around his neck, into a bow.
 
“There! Now aren't you just adorable!” She giggled, as he scratched at it with one foot, testing its strength. Mrs. Higurashi walked back into the kitchen to finish breakfast.
 
Inuyasha looked at Kagome's big yellow bag and in a second, the spark of mischief grew into a flame.
 
A moment later, Kagome ran into the kitchen, hair dripping and red faced. “Bye mom!” She said hurriedly as she closed her bag and slung it over her shoulder. “Bye Souta!” She called and ran outside.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
As she ran into her class she wiped her brow, she was 20 minutes late, but it could have been worse. Kagome set down her bag. She didn't notice the rustling by her legs, nor did anyone else notice the door open and close.
 
To her own surprise, se found out that the school had been running late. She got out her books and patiently waited almost 7 minutes for the announcements, but she wasn't prepared for what she heard.
 
A young voice rang over the loud speakers. “Greetings, Kagome's school mates! This is your new announcer!!”
 
Kagome sunk into her chair, wishing she was invisible as the entire room looked straight at her. She knew the voice all too well.
 
`How in the world did Inuyasha get here!!!' She screamed inside.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
 
1. Dog equals No sweat glands except on the hands and feet. Panting equals cooling off mechanism. Spitting, well, drool. Heh heh.
2. Inuyasha can see color (Or at least it seems) in the day, but as darkness falls, when there isnt enough light, his eyes compensate by going to a dogs vision. Sort of like night vision.
A/n: Yeah I know, kinda lame, but it's my story, I'll do what I please. This and upcoming chapters are one last comical break before the trouble begins...
REVIEW!!! Please, Smiles brightly!