InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ Trouble Brewing ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Trouble Brewing
You know that feeling you get when you know every eye in the room and every thought they're thinking is centered on you? Yeah, well that was Kagome's feeling at the moment. She prayed desperately to the Kami to open a big hole where she sat and swallow her whole, or to wake her up from this horrible dream.
Suddenly a soft pattering went by in the hall, followed by even heavier steps. Kagome knew, from the two years with Inuyasha, the softer steps were Inuyasha's. He ran on his toes like a dog, almost like he was on high heels. Those were definitely his steps.
Kagome's eyes widened and she shot up her hand.
“Yes Higurashi?” The teacher asked, wondering what she would ask.
“May I go to the bathroom? It's an emergency.” She pleaded.
The teacher sighed and waved her off. “Go ahead.”
She nodded in thanks and ran out of homeroom.
She could still hear his pattering steps and a glimpse of red in the hall intersection confirmed her fears. “Inuyasha!!” She whispered harshly as his head curved around the corner. “Get. Over. Here. NOW!” He dashed to her side.
The clomping feet of the vice principal were getting closer and he was coming around the corner. Kagome grabbed Inuyasha roughly by the hand and ran to the bathroom, shoving his into the girls' room.
“You there! Girl!” The man called.
`Caught' Kagome thought with horror. “Yes, Mr. Shimizu-sama?”
“Did you happen to see a little boy in red come by here?” He asked, red faced and huffing.
Kagome shook her head innocently. “No, sir. I'm just on my way to the girls' room.”
After `no', he'd stopped listening and ran off without a second though.
Kagome sighed in relief and wiped her brow. She leaned back into the wall, only to fall back into the bathroom. She stumbled but didn't fall. Kagome heard two girls giggling for some reason and they looked at her with eyes that said `Loser!' apparently they'd witnessed her off balance moment. Kagome's day wasn't going well.
“Inuyasha!” She shouted, “How in the world did you get here!”
“I came with you, in your bag! I wanted to stay with you!” He defended as he walked out of a stall he'd been hiding in.
“How?!” She gasped.
“I snuck in while you weren't looking.” He smiled foolishly, putting his arms behind his head.
“I guessed that, but `how?'”
“I turned into a puppy dog.” He explained, like it was common knowledge.
“What?! You can turn into a dog like Sesshoumaru?” She nearly shouted. How did she not know these things?!
“Yup!...I think?” Inuyasha answered, not remembering the battle with Sesshoumaru she was talking about.
“EEEK! I hear someone coming!” She exclaimed and pushed him in a stall, standing in front of it.
Inuyasha was surprised by the sudden shove and he crashed into one of the walls. He looked to the side and saw a shiny silver box attached to the wall. He opened it, but immediately regretted his decision! “EWWW! `Gome, why does it smell like blood in here?”
“Shuddup!” She whispered harshly as a slightly weirded out girl passed a little quicker than usual.
Inuyasha stuck his tongue out at the silver door that locked him in the stall.
After a few excruciating minutes, the aforementioned girl left and Kagome opened the stall.
“Sorry, Inu-chan, but if any- WHAT THE!” The school girl shrieked as she saw the little hanyou's hind side, his face in the toilet, lapping up the water. “EWWW!!! STOP THAT!” Kagome grabbed him roughly around the waist and out of the stall.
“Hey! I'm thirsty!” He retorted. “You wouldn't let me out!”
“Oh my goodness! That's just nasty!!!” She squealed and ran the sink water and shoved Inuyasha's face into the water.
As he struggled out of her grasp, he coughed and sputtered out water. Kagome, through her disgust, managed a giggle as she saw waterlogged Inuyasha shake off the excess water. “Whatta you laughing at?”
“He he! You look like a drowned puppy!” she giggled.
“Oh, shuddup! ” he snorted.
“I guess this is the last time you go into a bathroom unsupervised…” She sighed. “Change back into a dog please, so no one will recognize you, like the vice principal.”
“Oh, okay…” He grumbled. Inuyasha shut his eyes and before her eyes, he shrunk to about twice the size of a big house cat.
“How did you fit in my bag without me noticing?!”
“Eh, maybe you're just so used to it weighing at ton that I didn't make a difference.” He suggested with a snide bark, though she never understood him.
“Well, c'mon… I guess you're stuck with me for today.” She mumbled as the period bell rang. Kagome picked up the puppy Inuyasha and went out of the bathroom, praying to Kami that she could just get through today without incident!
Once they were in the hallway, they were swarmed by girls just itching to pet the little puppy and after pushing her way through the crowd, she made it to her next class.
“Miss Higurashi, I hope you have a good reason for bringing a dog into my classroom.” Her language arts teacher, Mrs. Arakawa scolded.
“Um, uh, well, I need him… Doctors orders! He's detrimental to my getting better!” She stuttered, trying to make a believable excuse.
“Well, he'd better not make a mess in my classroom, or he'll be going straight back to your house, young lady.” She old teacher warned
“Yes, ma'am! I understand.” She promised. “He'll be good!” She looked down to Inuyasha and took him by the snout, looking straight at him. “You'd better be good!”
He gave a yip of agreement, but was only half listening. He was more interested in what the boys of the class were saying. Oh yes, he would be good… For now… But once she took her eyes off him, some puppy mischief would be in order! He couldn't wait!
As he stretched out by her chair, he laid his head on her feet, the smells of floor cleaner, old gum and paper coming to his nose, but he didn't mind it. Inuyasha yawned sleepily and felt his eyes droop. It was times like this he enjoyed being a dog boy.
A/N: A/N: I'm a horrible person, I know… Here, have a complimentary tomato, feel free to chuck it at me. Maybe then I'll remember to WRITE, DAMMNIT, WRITE! On a lighter note, there's chapter art up! I love his puppiness!