InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Backstage ❯ The Bet ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Backstage
By Akira & Yuki

Disclaimer: We do not own the Inuyasha Characters or any Inuyasha related Citeria

Chapter Nine

Everyone went off, going to wardrobe, then to their trailor to change, then to hair and make-up, and met up in the set room to begin. Andrea sat in her chair by Bob the director, Sam right next to her. They did last checks on the scripts, and music and other details, and gave the okay to start.

"Alright....everyone in their places! Scripts are to be left in your seats...and those not on screen are to be sitting quietly. You all know the drill." Bob said. Other crew had put up a forest scene, and Kikyo, Inuyasha, and Kagome went on set. "Ready...Lights...Camera angles...and action!"

~~*~~

"Cut! That's a wrap!" Bob said, then took the film out of the camera, and went with a few other people of the crew, and went off so the film can be checked, edited and developed.

"Ugh...It's about time!" Sam said, sighing and drooping into her seat.

"Hey. You have no idea how much I hurt right now...I need a massage or something." Andrea said, drooping into her seat like Sam.

"I'll give you a massage if you want!" Miroku said, holding a bitten out of doughnut. Andrea glared, then threw a rock at him. It hit his head, and he fell to the floor. Sam rushed over to him.

"Awe...poor Houshi!" Sam said, smiling. "Hey Ang, where'd that rock come from?"

"I don't know...we use fake clay ones on set, but that one was heavy and real...either a mix up..or Inuyasha or Kouga braught it in to attack the other with." Andrea replied. Sam put a wet cloth on Miroku's forehead.

"Knowing them...there wouldn't be a doubt." Kagome said.

"Mmmhmm..." Andrea said, as if it was awkward for Kagome to be talking. Kagome shrugged, and walked away with Kikyo, Bankotsu, and Sango. Kouga was glaring at Inuyasha, who was just wandering aimlessly. Andrea smirked, and then walked up behind him, and then pinched the tips of his ears. Hey turned around.

"HEEEYYY!!!!!!" He shouted. Andrea glared at him. He looked at her nervously. She simply reached forward, him flinching as she moved, and then she flicked his nose.

"Bad dog." Andrea said smirking. Inuyasha raised an eye brow, and walked away to the food table. Andrea gave up at that moment, and sat down next to Sam, who was making sure the now conscious Miroku was alright as he stood.

"What do we do now?" Kikyo asked, coming back in with the others that went with her.

"I don't know....but you guys have no idea what it's like to be a producer...earlier wake ups...more work...less sleep..." Andrea said, starting to bob her head a bit to keep awake. Inuyasha came over scowling.

"By the way, the punch tastes weird...and we have a good idea. Being an actor is much harder." Inuyasha said. Sam sighed. Here we go....

"Nuh uh! Being a producer is WAY HARDER!!!" Andrea retorted.

"Yeah right. Prove it!" Inuyasha said, smirking. Andrea suddenly thought quickly for an explanation.

"How about we make it more interesting than proving things Inuyasha?" Andrea asked, smirking back. Inuyasha nodded and replied with a solumn, "Talk."

"I bet you can't go a whole day without getting into an arguement and/or fight with Kouga!" Andrea said.

"You're on!" Inuyasha said, and they shook hands. "And I bet you can't go a whole day without laughing!"

"You are so on!!" Andrea replied, tightening the grip of the shake. "If I win, you have to wash my car."

"And if I win, you have to...raise my pay." Inuyasha said. Andrea shrugged. Just raise it a penny if she looses. "We start tomorrow.


"Good thing too, we did so much filming today it's going on eleven thirty" Sango said. Everyone nodded. All other crew left as everyone packed up, and soon, Andrea and Sam were left to lock doors.

"Lucky you, not laughing a whole day. That's going to be hard for you!." Sam said. "What about the whole raising his pay thing if you loose?"

"Simple. Just add a penny per hour. I won't even be giving him a quarter more!!" Andrea said.

"No duh you won't. There's only twenty-four hours in a day, and twenty-five cents in a quarter." Sam replied with a laugh.

"Shut up. You know I'm dumb." Andrea said. "Later." She hopped into her vehicle. Sam saluted and hopped into her's, then they drove off home.

~~*Fast Foward Next Day Right Before Filming*~~

"Ready to raise my pay?" Inuyasha sneered. Andrea rolled her eyes.

"I have large buckets of water, and soap with scrubbies in my backseat. I'll park by one of the hose faucets at sunset. Sunset is when the deal ends. And that is at...seven thirty." Andrea said, smiling, then walking away.

"...Camera angles...Action!" Bob shouted.

~~*~~

"Hey Miroku...Andrea laugh yet?" Inuyasha asked. Miroku shrugged. "Sango, Andrea laugh yet?" Sango shrugged. "Kikyo, Kagome, did Andrea laugh yet?" They shrugged. "Hey Sam...Andrea laugh yet?"

"No." Sam replied.

Meanwhile, Andrea went around. "Hey Kikyo, Kagome, Kouga and Inuyasha fight yet?" They shrugged. "Miroku, Bankotsu, did Inuyasha and Kouga fight yet?" They shrugged. "Sango, did Inuyasha and Kouga fight yet?" She shrugged. "Kouga!!! Kouga!! Did you and Inuyasha fight yet?"

"No. That mutt face has avoided me all day!! Lucky for him we didn't have any screen encounters today." Kouga said. Andrea and Inuyasha scowled from their places, and walked up to each other.

"Guess what chicken butt." Inuyasha said in a 'die or be killed' monotone voice. Andrea's face stayed straight.

"I was over by Kouga, he told me to tell the mutt face that Kagome agreed to marry him today...and he wants you to be the guy to witness the whole thing." Andrea said.

"WHAT?!" Inuyasha spazzed. He looked over glaring at Kouga, who was currently trying to win Kagome's heart....and was failing miserably.

"Hmmmm? Are you starting a fight?" Andrea asked. Inuyasha scowled and walked away. Andrea held in a laugh. She walked over to Kouga, who was abandoned now. "Hey Kouga. Inuyasha said to meet him over there. He says that Kagome is his and the mangy wolf that tries to take her will die today."

"Oh yeah?! Let me at that mutt!" Kouga said, and ran off.

"Wow Andrea...is that legal in a bet?" Sam asked.

"Yep...he tried to make me laugh by telling some chicken butt joke....so this is just what he deserves...and my lovely baby shall be washed today." Andrea said. "Come on, bring everyone to witness it!" Andrea ran off, and Sam gathered who was left in the room to witness the fight.

"MUTT! YOU ARE THE ONE THAT'S GOING TO DIE TODAY!!!" Kouga shouted, throwing a fist at him.

"Kouga!! Outside!! With the way you guys fight the whole building will collapse." Kagome warned, and they walked outside. Kagome, Andrea, and Sango followed, and then Sam came with Bankotsu, Miroku, Kikyo, Shippo, and the rest of the actors there.

"I'm not in the mood Kouga...I can't today anyways." Inuyasha said, eyeing Andrea in the corner of his eye.

"Why can't you? You scared?" Kouga said. That did it.

"I AM NOT SCARED!!" Inuyasha shouted at him.

"PROVE IT MUTT!" Kouga said, and thrust out an attack, starting a fight.

"Oh ye-ah! Oh ye-ah! I win! I win! Inuyasha's gotta wash my car! Inuyasha's gotta wash my car!! YEAH!!!" Andrea cheered, dancing around with her car keys in hand. Inuyasha ignored her as he and Kouga faught.

"Okay...Andrea won, and now we have to break up a fight." Kikyo muttered. They all looked at her, and she sighed. She walked over to a hose faucet, and then turned it on, the sprayer on the hose tip. She aimed at the two boys, and then soaked them down, and turned off the water. They sat away from each other, and everyone laughed except for Andrea, who was trying to hold it back in Miroku's sleeve. Her face was turning purple...and finally she started to breathe, then went back holding in the laugh.

"I'm going home." Kouga muttered, and walked off.

"We're going inside for more Karaoke!!" Bankotsu said. Everyone except for Andrea and Inuyasha walked inside. Andrea sighed and walked over to Inuyasha. She bent down to his eye level, since he was sitting in the parking lot.

"Hey...you ready?" Andrea asked. She looked at the sky. "It's sunset and I can bring my car around."

"Whatever." Inuyasha muttered. Andrea smiled kindly, and ruffled the top of his head. She walked off, and came back in her vehicle. It was a two thousand two Ford Supercrew. Inuyasha's jaw dropped. "That's your's?"

"Sure is. My uncle gave me it for an 'oh three Ford Supercrew for himself. I was eighteen when he gave me it, and I registered my name in with it and everything....so have fun! I'm going to go change, it's muggy out tonight!!" Andrea said, and then walked off, and came back out in shorts and a nice tank top that showed off her hazel eyes.

Inuyasha eyed her a bit..as she went over to the back seat door, and opened it to pull out two large buckets, and then soap with scrubbies and wash cloths. She filled the buckets with water, and mixed it with the soap, then put in the wash cloths. She showed him the scrubbies and said, "This, Inuyasha, is only to be used to scrub off bugs and bird crap from the roof, and the front. The sides and windows are NOT to be scratched with these...one scratch that wasn't there, will cost you big time."

"Whatever...maybe you should pick me up from my place...that way I don't need to grab a cab every day." Inuyasha said, watering down the truck with a hose, after making sure the windows and doors were all shut.

"Cab? Why do you take a cab?" Andrea asked. She crossed her arms as she sat down on the steps to the closest door, the side door to the building and watched him.

"No vehicles worth driving around here." Inuyasha said. Andrea raised an eye brow as she started to get a little angry. Inuyasha seen her expression in the reflection of the window. "Except for this thing of course...It's big for a girl like you, but it's cool." Andrea's expression softened. He started soaping down the truck. He was almost done when Andrea giggled. He looked at her.

"What?" He asked rudely. She burst laughing and pointed at him saying, "Your.......ears." Between laughs. Inuyasha looked in a mirror on the side and wiped his ears clean of the bubbles that gathered on the tips somehow.

"You think that's funny?" Inuyasha asked. Andrea nodded. He took the hose that he was doing on her truck, and struck her. She screamed as she tried to block it. He let go of the spray trigger and laughed at her. She was soaked completely. She laughed at what she looked like, and pulled out the front of her shirt, so it didn't cling. Then she took the bucket of clean water that he didn't use, and dumped it on him. They laughed, and then night came a bit later...finally.

"I..I...I...I'm c-c-c-c..c-c cold Inu..Inuyasha." Andrea said, shivering. He laughed and took his coat, and tossed it over to her. She smiled and put it around her shoulders and shivered into a ball inside it, so that her head and feet were the only parts of her body visible.

"Thanks." She said. Inuyasha walked over to her.

"I'm done. It should be dry when you get home. Think you can give me a ride? Everyone else is gone and I don't want to call a cab." Inuyasha asked, a hint of hope in his eyes. Andrea shrugged. She put wash cloths on the seats so they wouldn't get wet, and the two loaded up the buckets in the back. Then they hopped in. Andrea started it up, and turned around in the empty parking lot.

"So...where to?" Andrea asked. Then smirked, thinking. Oooh. I can play stalker....tell me please Inuyasha!! Please! It's so hott when you talk about yourself with your big ego!! Haha

"Just go to the other end of town." Inuyasha said. "That apartment building down there."

"Okay..." Andrea replied, and soon after, let him off in front of the apartment building. She was about to take his coat off.

"Nah, keep it for the night. Just give me it tomorrow at work." Inuyasha said. Andrea smiled, and tweaked his ears for a little good bye. He blushed and she laughed. He shut the passenger side door, without a goodbye, leaving Andrea sitting there watching him go in. She sighed and layed her chin on her arms, that were folded on the top of the steering wheel. She turned her head to look at him, and he was standing in the doorway, looking at her. She blushed and looked away quickly, only to peek at him waving...a smile on his face. Andrea smiled and laughed a bit, as she waved, then tooted the horn. He walked into the apartment building, and she drove off her to hers.

To be Continued...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
R/R!!! hahaha just had to do that. I had a bet like that on Monday. If I didn't guess what was behind a friend's back, i had to pay for her little sister's nails the next day.