InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Youkai (original) ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is the alternate ending. I'm sorry but I can't keep writing. Maybe when I have some free time I can make it longer and better. Sorry! This is Kouga!
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Battle of the Youkai Chapter 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Kagome dropped her head, not knowing what to do. I mean, what should she do? She had a lot of fun, but was also busy keeping Kouga and Inuyasha in order. 'What should I say?'
 
While Kagome was thinking, the two youkai glared at each other. Their glares challenged the other to make the first move, knowing they would kill them if they did. At the same time, Inuyasha and Kouga grabbed Kagome's waist, pulling her into them both. At the sudden contact, Kagome blushed, not realizing exactly what they were doing.
 
Summing up the courage to speak, she said shakily, "Umm, Kouga…Inuyasha…what are you doing?"
 
Inuyasha opened his mouth to answer but Kouga interrupted. "I was just admiring your beauty, Kagome. Your skin…so delicate and beautiful. I long to touch its heavenly silkiness"
 
Kagome blushed a deep scarlet at his words. 'At least someone got the idea.'
 
Inuyasha glared at Kouga and started growling. 'What's up with him?' Kagome thought, looking at Inuyasha.
 
Sighing she lifted her gaze into Inuyasha's eyes. She saw a deep emotion, but not of love or sorrow, just anger. Knowing what she had to do, she started to cry. Inuyasha, seeing her burst into tears, reached his hand up to touch her face. "Kagome?"
 
Kagome jerked out of his reach, and wiped away the tears. "Inuyasha. I'm sorry. I can't do this anymore." All Inuyasha could do was stare at her, confused.
 
"Inuyasha, I know how you really feel. You don't love me, like Kouga does. You like me cause I look like Kikyo." Sobbing, she continued, "Well, Inuyasha, I'm not Kikyo. I'm Kagome. I'm my own person. You love Kikyo, not me. I will always love you, but I can't stand to be around you when you love her so much. Please, just go to Kikyo and let me live with a person who truly loves me."
 
Kagome turned her head aside, sobbing into Kouga's chest as he embraced her. Disgusted at how Inuyasha made her feel, Kouga became very angry. "Inu, go back to the girl you love. You've hurt Kagome enough. With me, she'll get all the love and affection she needs. If your friends, Sango, Miroku, and Shippo, would rather be with us, then tell them to go to my village. (Sorry, but I had to have Inuyasha lose everything. I mean, do you think Miroku, Sango, and Shippo would stay with Inu + Kikyo if they could go with a happy Kagome?). See ya, Dog-turd."
 
In a gust of wind, Kagome and Kouga disappeared into the forest, leaving a depressed Inuyasha behind. "Kagome…."
 
Inuyasha got on his knees, and started crying. Though he tried to stop them, the tears would not cease to fall. 'Why? I…I…I need you, Kagome.'
 
 
~*~*~ A few weeks later ~*~*~
 
 
"Inuyasha, it's been over a month," a concerned female demon exterminator reminded him. "You're…you're…well…." Sango broke off, thinking of how to word her thoughts.
 
"What I think this lovely lady is trying to say is that you need to move on." Miroku said sadly, feeling pity on the hanyou before him.
 
Inuyasha raised his eyes to stare at his friends. Two weeks before, he seemed to have lost the spark in his eyes and he didn't seem to feel any emotion but grief.
 
'Kagome, why did you leave me? I love you. I realized it only after I lost you. Oh, Kagome….'
 
Sango looked away, not bearing his dreadful gaze.
 
Inuyasha had become extremely isolated and rarely ate or did anything anymore. He sat all by himself in the corner of Kaede's hut, withdrawing from his friends' circle.
 
Miroku turned his head and looked at Sango. "What can we do?" he whispered to her.
 
Sneaking a backward glance, she sighed. "I don't know anymore. If only Kagome were here…."
The two stared into each other's faces for a few moments.
 
Breaking the impenetrable gaze Miroku was giving her, she looked down at her lap. "Oh, how I miss Shippo. With Kagome gone, he couldn't take it and ran away. I wonder where he is now."
 
Miroku followed her gaze as she looked out of the window. "I bet he went to Kouga's village to live with Kagome."
 
Outside of the hut, a sudden movement caught their eyes.
 
"Is that…?"
 
"Yes, Sango, it's Kouga."
 
Hearing the youkai's despicable name, Inuyasha looked up and growled.
 
He grabbed Tetsusaiga and ran to the door. Ripping it down with his claws, he prepared himself into battle position, getting ready to whip out his Tetsusaiga at any time.
 
Noticing there wouldn't be a warm welcome for him, Kouga stopped and showed he meant peace. "Please…" he said, panting from a long run. "I need your help."
 
Inuyasha guffawed, standing up. "Yeah, right. Your mate probably just asked you to finish the job, right?"
 
Kouga stopped panting and stared into his eyes. "No wonder she left you. How could anyone love someone who expected them to betray them?"
 
Inuyasha twitched, annoyed at Kouga's comment. He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted.
 
"We can't waste anymore time. Kagome's gone."
 
Inuyasha's ears perked up. "What did you say?" he said, anger rising. "You did NOT just say Kagome's gone, right?"
 
Kouga backed away as Inuyasha's hand reached his sheathed sword.
 
"Now, now, Inuyasha. You don't really want to kill me right? I mean, how would Kagome feel about it?"
 
Calming at her name, he dropped his hand to his side. "I still can't believe you let your mate disappear."
 
Turning away, Kouga responded, "She's not my mate yet."