InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Punk Rock Love ❯ The "Gig" ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Beautiful Punk Rock Love

By: Elizabeth Cabrera

Story: Kagome is a punker and so are Sango, Miroku, Kouga, and Inuyasha. Sango and Kagome go to Miroku's house to see their band play where she then meets the lead guitarist and lead singer, Inuyasha. But when they meet will sparks fly? Or will a certain someone steal her away? Read and find out on this Beautiful story about Punk Rock Love.

Attention: I do not own Inuyasha and CO. Rumiko Takahashi does and I don't own the songs on here either. : Cries: I wish I did.

::Chapter One, The "Gig"::

Kagome sat in her room with Sango listening to the Dude Ranch CD from Blink 182.

"You got, you got, you got to help me out. And I'll try not to argue. No one, no one, no one likes a drop-out. Mistakes are hard to undo…" Kagome sang Pathetic while walking to her closet.

"This is my favorite Blink CD." Sango said painting her finger nails with black nail polish.

"Yeah it is. Their new stuff's a lot softer thou." Kagome replied looking threw her closet for something to wear.

She finally decides on a red and black checkered skirt, a black Blink 182 tank top, and black combat boots.

"Hey Sango does this look ok?" Kagome asked her best friend.

"Great! That totally looks cute." Sango said looking up from her nails.

"Thanks. So where are we going again Sango?" Kagome asked.

"I told you, to watch Miroku and his band play." Sango said admiring her nails.

"Oh cool. What's their bands name?"

"They're called The Shikon Hanyou's." Sango answered.

"The Scarce Half Demons cool name. What are they gonna play?" Kagome asked while tying her boots.

"Kagome, can't you just hold the questions and wait till we get there?" Sango said getting peeved at Kagome's questions.

"Ok, Ok. Just one more question please?" Kagome asked sweetly.

"What?"

"Who are the people in this band?" Kagome asked.

"Well Miroku's their bass player. And the two other guys you don't know they go to St. Paul high school." Sango answered.

"What that private catholic school? Who are they?" Kagome replied.

"There's this guy named Inuyasha. He's the lead singer and guitar player. And the other guys name is Kouga, he's the drummer." Sango said.

"Oh." Kagome said looking at her outfit in the mirror. Her raven black hair with blue highlights was let down.

"So you ready?" Sango said getting up from Kagome's bed. She wore black dickies, a green New Found Glory girl's shirt, and a pair of regular chucks. Her hair was let down as well, her new pink streaks shown brightly.

"Yeah." Kagome said getting her dickies bag and car keys.

Kagome and Sango headed to Kagome's blue jeep. Kagome turned the ignition and the jeep roared to life. With that and a good CD in play they headed off to Miroku's house.

~.~

"Oi, Inuyasha! Hurry up and help us set up!" Miroku told the lazy lead singer who was sitting on the couch.

"Yeah mutt face those two girls Miroku invited should be here soon!" Kouga said making sure his drum set was set up properly.

"Like I care. This ain't no gig! Why are they even coming anyways?" Inuyasha asked.

"Because Sango wants to see me play and it so happens that she's bringing her girlfriend along." Miroku answered.

"Hey Miroku is this girlfriend of Sango's single? If she is, is she hot?" Kouga asked.

"That I know of Kagome's still single. And I wouldn't look at Sango's best friend!"

"Right, like you've never just looked at this girl. You're the biggest perv anyone can meet!" Kouga said.

Miroku took on a sheepish smile.

"But still it's Sango's best friend." Miroku said sheepish smile gone.

"Just tell me please." Kouga said a little sweetly at the end.

"Alright fine. But not a word of this to Sango!"

"Alright I put it on the band!" Kouga said placing his right hand in the air.

Inuyasha merely sat there and listened.

"Well that I know of Kagome and Sango do dress a like. A lot of black. They like the same kinda music. Kagome has waist long raven hair with dark blue highlights, light peach skin, brown eyes, plush lips, great legs and curves-"

"I thought you said you never looked at another girl besides Sango!" Kouga said.

`Idiots!' Inuyasha thought to himself.

"So what are we playing?" Inuyasha said picking up his cherry red Gibson Les Paul guitar.

"Um, I dunno. Blink 182, Green Day? I dunno whatever." Miroku said thinking.

"I wanna play some, Ramones, New Found Glory, and um, All American Rejects." Kouga said.

"Whatever as long as we play The Offspring, The Cure, Jet, The Doors, and Simple Plan." Inuyasha said the last band quietly.

"Ok yeah sure." Miroku and Kouga said together.

~.~

"Sango, do I turn here?" Kagome asked as she reached the street that Miroku lived on.

"Yeah, right in here. And then it's the blue house at the corner." Sango pointed out.

Kagome nodded and parked right in front of the blue house Miroku lived in. Kagome and Sango climbed out of her jeep and Miroku came outside to greet them.

"Sango, Kagome you made it!" Miroku called out to them.

Miroku came over and kissed Sango. He waved at Kagome.

"We're right about ready to start. You guys want something to drink or whatever?" Miroku said leading them inside.

"Can I get a coke if you have any?" Kagome asked.

"Yeah me too." Sango agreed.

"Two cokes coming right up." Miroku said walking into the kitchen. He came back with two canned cokes in hand.

"Thank you." Kagome said reaching for her drink.

"No problem Kagome." Miroku smiled and handed Sango her drink.

"The guy's are outside in the back. Come on." Miroku said walking outside threw a screen door.

"Hey Roku are we gonna play or what?" A guy with brown hair tied into a ponytail called out to Miroku.

"Yeah hold on! This is Kouga Mimura." Miroku introduced.

"Hey Sango! Hi um?" Kouga said walking up to Kagome.

`Damn this girl is hot!' Kouga thought.

"Hi name's Kagome Higurashi." Kagome smiled.

"Nice name Kagome."

"Thanks."

"Hey wolf boy, lech, we gonna play sometime today?!" A guy with silver long hair called out.

`Wow! Who's that?' Kagome thought as the guy walked out with his guitar.

"Will you hold on?! And grumpy over there is Inuyasha Nagahara." Miroku introduced the guy with the cherry red Gibson Les Paul guitar.

"Have so manners will you mutt face!" Kouga called out.

"Keh! Whatever. Just hurry up." Inuyasha called out.

"You guys can sit down on that couch over there." Kouga pointed out.

"Yeah thanks." Kagome said.

Kagome and Sango walked over to the old looking blue and black checkered couch.

Miroku plugged in his bass to the amp. And Kouga sat down behind his drum set. Inuyasha just stood there in front of the microform.

"Ready?" Kouga asked.

"Yeah." Miroku said.

"Here goes Carousel from Blink 182." Inuyasha spoke into the mike. He then nodded to Kouga.

"One, Two, One Two Three Four!" Kouga shouted.

Inuyasha began to play some strings on his guitar and Miroku on his bass and Kouga lightly played the crash symbols. This played on for awhile and then got louder, faster, and harder. And then Inuyasha began to sing into the mike.

"I talk to every now and then, I never felt so alone again. I stop to think at a wishing well, My thoughts send me on a carousel. Here I am standing on my own, Not to motion from the telephone. I know not a reason why, Solitudes a reason to die. Just you wait and see," Inuyasha sang and Miroku added.

"Just you wait and see." From there Inuyasha began to sing again.

"As school life is a, It is a woken dream. Aren't you feeling alooonee? I guess its just another, I guess its just another, I guess its just another night alone." With that last line the whole band sang together. After that they began to play without words for a while. After a moment of that Inuyasha began to sing again.

"Now as I walk down the street, I need a job just to sleep in sheets. Buying food every once and a while, But not enough to purchase a smile. A tank of gas is a treasure to me, I know now that nothing is free. I talk to you every now and then, I never felt so alone again." Again some instrumental part took the place of words for a while. Then after a while Inuyasha began to sing once again.

"Just you wait and see," Inuyasha sang and Miroku added.

"Just you wait and see."

"As school life is a, It is a woken dream. Aren't you feeling alooonee? I guess its just another, I guess its just another, I guess its just another night alone!" The last alone everyone sang. Then that last line spoken Inuyasha let his guitar to ring and Kouga and Miroku just stopped. The guitar ring continued after the other two stopped playing. Inuyasha and the rest of the band were all sweating and breathing heavily.

"Alright this is going to have to be the last song we sing today `cause the rest of the bands getting tiered. We'll be singing Basket Case from Green Day." Inuyasha announced into the mike. The band took a few more breathes before beginning to play again.

"Do you have the time to listen to me whine, About nothing and everything all at once." Inuyasha began to sing. There was a heavy guitar part playing while he did so.

"I am one of those melodramatic fools, neurotic to the bone. No doubt about it." The guitar alone kept on playing.

"Sometimes I give myself the creeps, (while that line play a soft iron whisks were played on the drum along with the guitar.)Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me. It all keeps adding up, I think I'm cracking up.(while this line played the whole band joined in and the iron whisks turned into drum sticks.) Am I just paranoid? Or am I just stoned. (The bass and drums stopped momentarily while the guitar played alone. Then the bass played some strings and the drum joined in with the guitar.) I went to a shrink, To analyze my dreams. She says it's lack of sex that's bringing me down. I went to a whore, He said my life's a bore. So quit my whining cause it's bringing her down. Sometimes I give myself the creeps, Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me. It all keeps adding up, I think I'm cracking up. Am I just paranoid? Uh, yuh, yuh, ya." An instrumental part played for awhile before Inuyasha began to sing again.

"Grasping to control, So I better hold on…(instrumental) Sometimes I give myself the creeps, Sometime my mind plays tricks on me. It all keeps adding up, I think I'm cracking up. Am I just paranoid? Or am I just stooonnned." With the last line sung an instrumental part took part and with that done the song ended.

"Well thanks fer comin' and hope you like what we played." Inuyasha spoke into the mike quietly.

Kagome and Sango began clapping.

"Miroku that was great!" Sango said walking up to Miroku and kissing him on the cheek.

Kouga went up to Kagome.

"Hey Kagome what did you think?" Kouga said.

"You guys were great!" Kagome said.

Kouga rubbed the back of his head and blushed. When he turned around to talk to Kagome she was gone and over with Inuyasha.

"Hey you're Inuyasha right?" Kagome said.

"Yeah so what if I am?"

"No reason just asking. You were great out there." Kagome said shyly.

"Oh. Thanks." Inuyasha said a bit shyly.

"That's a cherry red Gibson Les Paul guitar right?" Kagome asked admiring his guitar.

"Yeah it is. How'd you know?" Inuyasha asked excitedly.

"Well you know I read a little here and there. And does it help that I have a blue on at home?" Kagome said.

"You play?" Inuyasha asked.

"Just a little bit, but, no where near as good as you do." Kagome said shyly.

Inuyasha smiled and Kagome smiled back at him.

"Hey Kagome?!" Sango called.

Kagome turned around to see Sango approaching her and Inuyasha.

"What is it Sango?" Kagome asked.

"Um, gonna stay over Miroku's and he's gonna take me home later. Is that ok?" Sango said blushing.

"Yeah sure. Oh damn!" Kagome said.

"What's the matter Kagome?" Sango asked worriedly.

"I just remembered that my jeep got a flat on the way here!"

"Oh damn then I'll tell Miroku to take you home right now." Sango said disappointment in her voice.

"Hey it's ok, I can take Kagome home." Inuyasha said quietly.

They both looked at him shocked.

"I-Inuyasha are you feeling alright? You don't have a fever do you?" Sango asked checking his temperature.

"Of course I'm feeling alright!" Inuyasha snapped and smacked her hand away.

"Gee thanks Inuyasha." Kagome said blushing lightly.

Sango just smiled at the two blushing teens.

"Alright it's settled! Yasha is gonna take you home." Sango said happily.

"Although I think Kouga wanted to." Sango smiled at the blushing girl.

"Keh!" Was all Inuyasha said.

Inuyasha went over to were the band was playing to pack up his guitar.

"Have fun Kagome and keep it pg-13 ok?" Sango said edging the girl with her elbow.

"Ah shut up Sango!" Kagome said getting irritated.

"So you ready to leave Kagome?" Inuyasha said walking back to the two girls with his guitar case hung over her shoulder.

"Yup!" Kagome said smiling.

"See ya Sango." Inuyasha called from behind.

"Bye Sango call me later and say bye to Miroku and Kouga for me!" Kagome called as she and Inuyasha walked over to his car.

~.~

"Hey, wow, Inuyasha nice car!" Kagome said drooling over Inuyasha's old red mustang.

Inuyasha couldn't help but smile at the girl before him as he drove towards her house.

"Yeah you know it's a piece of junk." Inuyasha said.

"Oh my god how can you say such things in front of the car?!" Kagome had a look of horror across her face.

Inuyasha then broke into a small laugh.

"Yeah you're right. My dad got me this car for my b-day, and I love it!" Inuyasha said smiling.

Kagome smiled back at him.

"So which street do I turn on?" Inuyasha asked slowing down a bit.

"Um, it's the next one coming up." Kagome pointed out.

Inuyasha turned into Kagome's street and she pointed out her house which was on top of a huge hill covered with huge green trees. Inuyasha stared at the hill hoping there was a drive way.

`I don't care as long as I can have more time with her." Inuyasha thought.

"Well here's shrine sweet shrine." Kagome said turning to face Inuyasha.

"Yeah right." Inuyasha said nervously.

"So, um guess I'll see you when I see you huh?" Kagome said looking at the ground and kicking at some dirt.

"Yeah so see ya." Inuyasha said turning around and heading back down the long stairs.

"Wait!" Kagome said running over to him and grabbing his hand.

"Uh, Kagome what are you doing?" Inuyasha said nervously his voice cracking a bit.

Kagome just smiled and wrote down her phone number on Inuyasha's hand.

"Here give me a call some time ok," Kagome said giving him a quick kiss on the cheek and turning towards her house. "Maybe we can go out some time and I can thank you more properly." Kagome said smiling and giggling while she spoke.

Inuyasha stood there hand on the cheek where she had kissed him dumbstruck. Kagome just kept walking towards her house up the long stairs. She then turned a corner and tree's blocked her view from Inuyasha.

"That'd be great…Kagome." Inuyasha said smiling and going back to his car driving to his home.

~.~

Author's Note: Hey there guys well this is the first Inuyasha fanfic that I have written and posted up. I thought of something that I would enjoy writing and what can be more kewl than having my favorite characters become punkers and skaters? Oh yeah and if you guys have any suggestions feel free to tell me and I'll see if it'll be put into this fanfic. Plus any song suggestions are welcome no Rap, R&B, Pop, or any other crappy music will not be allowed. I allow only Rock music on the fic. Oh except when you meet Rin and Sesshomaru.