InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Best Friends forever.... ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Woe is me...It took me a while to think of this so this might be a tad late....SORRY! But anyway I had some requests for more fluff and I was planning on it so here I go! Just so you know it will be 3 years after the last chapter. Instead of 8 and 2, Kikyo and Timor are now 11 and 5 as well as a reborn Naraku, who is 5. Shippo is now 16 and Hayek will still look the same age as when he joined the group about 19-20 years old. Miroku and Sango will be coming in more now as they too were training their two children, Rahnee who is 10 and Betia who is 4.

Anyway on to the reviews.....

InuyashaGirlie...- Sorry about that. I wanted the earlier parts to focus on Kikyo as she grew up. Now that I have her as an almost teenager...well more parental fluff is forth coming. But thanks for liking it....

KougasMyMan...-Thank you very much and I shall try.

miko no tsuki....- Thank you I think so to....Will he be friend or lover eventually...that is the question.....

Dragon Man 180...-Thank you...heh...action is not one of my strong points and my brother who normally helps me wasn't there when I was typing it. Grumbles about little brothers herself.... The trick...yeah Inuyasha is a softie...I tried to give him the side he doesn't often show to the world.

DarkMoon1...-Thank you and am planning on it!

Jessica M....-Thank and I am glad you are enjoying it. I shall see what I can do to up my speed a bit. As I stated before this is entirely off the top of my head, I usually write stuff down before I post it.

girlsrock...-I shall see what I can do. Actually I got this posted on two sites and a couple of others feel the way you do, so I will let you all in on a little secret. I have a LOUSY MEMORY! Your reviews serve a dual purpose. One they tell me if my story is getting off track and to....if they are good that all of you like them...and if I start forgetting to update....Well they also help me to remember. Anyway I am glad that you like the story.

fire feline...-Giggles....um Thanks and I am glad you enjoy it. I don't know about the others, but Inuyasha as a father I am kind of basing on my own Dad.....he passed away a few years ago and well this way he lives again! Believe me when I say he was a lot like Inuyasha!

Anyway folks start suggesting pairs here. So far this is what I got.

Kikyo/Hayek (New guy) 1 vote

You can also suggest ones for Rahnee, Betia, Shippo, and Timor. Let me know within the next few chapters we got romances that will be developing. There will be loads and loads of fluff. So anyway let me know okay!

Anyway I don't own Inuyasha, but Timor and Hayek and any forthcoming new characters....are all MINE!

Best friendsforever!...

Hayek smiles as it now has been approximately three years since that day he met two rambunctious children and their father. Watching Timor as Inuyasha plays with him and Mirada the little fire cat demon watches with amusement. He envies the little boy as he can not remember when his father had done such with him. Wishing for a time when he has his own family, he starts to daydream until his ears twitch at the slightest sound.

Sensing someone approaching he turns around and notices Inuyasha's mate approaching him with a gentle smile on her face in her hands lies some clothes that are neatly washed and recognizes them as his own..

"Good afternoon Hayek. I trust you are having a pleasant day?" She hands them to him and he accepts with a smile. Ready to place them to a side he hears Kagome's little disapproving sound and shakes his head. Heading towards the room he shares with Shippo, who has fast become his friend he starts to put them away.

"Sorry...I forgot. Even after all this time I am not used to this kindness from one such as you."

"It is all right Hayek." Kagome smiles at the young man. She watches as her daughter brings in Shippo's clothes and she observes as Hayek's eyes light up. Smiling as Kikyo has started to grow up into a beautiful young girl. Inuyasha has started to become highly overprotective of his daughter.

Glad that Inuyasha is outside with Timor, Kagome turns to Hayek as he gazes at her daughter, with something akin to love in his eyes. Watching quietly as Kikyo puts Shippo's things on his bed, Kikyo takes in her daughter's features. Looking likes her nemesis from long ago and yet she can already tell the differences. Her golden eyes are shining with warmth and the silver streak in her hair is well defined.

In fact Kikyo has started to get into the habit of wearing a white ribbon braided into her hair. But not like a priestess. But it is simply woven into a braid on the opposite side of her face. Instead of Priestess garbs which held to many memories not just for herself, but Inuyasha as well. Kagome had taken to wearing kimonos from fabric that Inuyasha's buys from the village. The one she has on is one of a dark green color and folds around her body gently. Kikyo's is a deep red with gold animal prints. She refuses to wear any other color but red, much to her father's delight and her chagrin.

"Momma?"

"Yes Kikyo?" Kagome smiles gently. She winces just a little bit from her heart breaking. Because it wasn't to long ago that Kikyo was calling her mommy and she loved every minute of that time. That fact the she is calling her momma now...is a clear sign that she is growing up.

"Can I go practice my arrows?"

"Yes....tell your father and he will help you set up the targets."

Kikyo nods her head and runs out the door. Pausing to say wave to Hayek, she collects her bow and arrows as well as a couple of daggers that were given to her by their new friend and Shippo. Kikyo reflects on the confusion these particular daggers generated that day.

Flashback last year....

"Happy Birthday baby...." Kagome smiles as she hugs her daughter. Handing her a package, Kikyo looks up to her mother curiously as it feels soft. Opening it, Kikyo gasps in surprise at the kimono sitting in front of her. It is bright red with golden animals all over it. It's soft to the touch and she notices how it feels much like her father's fire rat armor.

"It's made from the fire rat. It took me a while to locate this." Inuyasha chuckles as his daughter launches herself out of her chair and into their open arms.

"It took me even longer to sew it..." Kagome grumbles and Inuyasha just laughs. He remembers his mate's constant curses as she argued with the fur, which didn't want to work with her as she attempted to sew it. Inuyasha wraps his arms around her and whispers into Kagome's ear.

"Look at her. Was it not worth it?"

Kagome smiles and nods her heads. Recognizing the tears of joy as Kikyo whirls around, both parents smile and open their arms wide as she launches herself into them.

"It's beautiful Momma, Daddy THANK YOU!"

"Your welcome."

Sango and Miroku approach with their two children Betia and Rahnee. Both girls have started training with their mother in the Demon slayer heritage. It is even combined with their father's knowledge of chants and barriers from which to protect them should the time arise. Smiling, as Kilala in her full sized demon form, the young girl watches as the fire cat pushes a small little ball of fur towards Kikyo.

"Kilala?" The little girl looks confused and is surprised as a little ball of fur starts to rub against her leg. Kikyo looks down and smiles in delight. Picking up the little bundle of fur, Kikyo begins to nuzzle the little red kitten with two tails. Purring at the attention the kitten opens it deep blue eyes and starts to lick her chin.

"You are so cute!" Kikyo smiles with extreme glee as the kitten understands and glow with the compliment. "What's your name?"

"Her name is Mirada." Sango smiles as the kitten seems to purr at her name being spoken. Kilala had given birth to three kittens a few days ago. One each for Betia and Rahnee and the other one...she wanted to go to you"

"Really Kilala?" Kikyo asks the fire cat, who simply nods her feline head in agreement. At this statement Kikyo wraps her arms around the fire cat's head and smiles. "Thank you so much Kilala I promise I will take care of her!"

"Now our present Kikyo!" Shippo smiles as he and Hayek walk in happily. They place in front of her a small box with a red bow on top of it. Kikyo looks curious and after pulling the bow she opens the box and gasps in surprise.

Inside is a pair of daggers. Their steel like blades are gleaming underneath their red hilts and glows with power. Picking one up, in her hands, Kikyo feels how it seems just perfect for her palms and then she screams with delight as the daggers start to infuse with her power.

"THANKS SHIPPO, HAYEK!" The ten year old runs over and hugs both of them with extreme delight. Meanwhile to answer some slight confusion Hayek explains the reason behind their gift to a curious set of parents.

"In battle or to defend herself, there may come a time when she can not defend herself using her bow and arrows. This way should that time ever come Kikyo can defend herself."

Inuyasha and Kagome smile and discuss lessons with one another for their daughter. Looking towards one another they both agree when she gets old enough, she will be sent to Sango and start to learn some of her self defense with her new daggers from the demon slayer.

Flashback ends...

Kagome sighs as she watches Inuyasha set up some targets for Kikyo to practice arrows with. Timor helping him does so as well, Kikyo smiles in glee and she can hear her yelling her thanks to both father and son. Turning towards Hayek, she notices how he looks at her young daughter with a soft yearning.

"Hayek...."

"Yes Kagome?" Hayek jumps a little bit as he is startled by the woman's quiet voice. He turns around and looks deep into Kagome's eyes and sees the kindness and warmth. Yet for some odd reason he detects the hint of sadness in her voice.

"We're sending Kikyo away soon..."

"What! Why?" Hayek asks. A familiar tinge of hatred is starting to rise up in the back of his mind. He pushes it back down for he knows Kagome and Inuyasha are not like those who have betrayed him from before.

"For a couple of reasons, Hayek, one of them is something you said last year. Something about self-defense, my friend Sango is a demon slayer and through her when it comes to one on one I think and Inuyasha agrees with me, that Kikyo can learn the best self defense that she can."

"But why can't Inuyasha teach her or I will!"

"Hayek...Inuyasha can't because his specialty is swords. With Timor becoming more and more like him, Timor will eventually start learning to wield the Tetsaiga and as for you. I think you know why Hayek...." Kagome's soft voice gently responds to his question. Causing him to think, about her words, he looks up at her and shakes his head.

"I am starting to love her am I?"

"I see it and so does Inuyasha...." Kagome giggles softly. "A couple of times I have had to talk him out of going after you."

Hayek gulps at the thought of the fierce hanyou outside with his children and the cat. The thought of him coming after him is not a good idea.

"I thank you"

"Hayek....it is all right to love my daughter. But what she needs right now from you is your friendship. Let her decide her own feelings and maybe as she grows up she will be ready for you." Kagome smiles with a gentle heart and then turns and walks away.

Watching as she goes outside to supervise her daughter's practice. Hayek observes as Mirada starts to twirl her body around hers and Kikyo's and laughs in delight as the kitten makes itself known. Bending down to pick Mirada up, he watches as Kagome calls Inuyasha and Timor over and sit down to talk with the eleven year old.

Seeing as they begin to speak, he knows with ease he could listen in. But he knows what they are talking about and he turns around in sadness. Shippo he notices is approaching with a saddened look on his face. Walking outside to meet his friend, Hayek tries to see what's wrong.

"Hello Shippo!"

"Hi Hayek....I just got back from Sango and Miroku's..."

Hayek looks a little crestfallen as he looks at his friend.

"So you knew?"

Shippo nods his head as he looks towards the small family. He watches as Kikyo stands up and runs into the house, with Mirada chasing after her. They all knew she would not take this well and so they had sent him a few days ago to let Sango and Miroku know what was going on.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Hayek's voice rises in anger.

"It was because Kagome wanted to man! She knew besides Kikyo that you would not take this well. She wanted to explain you to herself."

Hayek looks at the older woman and realizes that she is walking towards the house to continue to speak with her daughter and her son follows them curiously. Deciding to follow her, Inuyasha meets up with Shippo who tells him everything is ready.

Turning around he notices how Hayek stops Kagome and his ears twitch a little bit as he picks up on a few of the words.

"Let me talk to her....I know how she feels.....done to me....."

Kagome nods her head and backs away as Hayek goes inside. Looking rather curious as he approaches her, Shippo starts to play with Timor who happily runs from the teenager. Shippo doing so ends up allowing the two to speak alone.

"What is he doing?" Inuyasha asks her as he wraps his arms around her waist. She looks up at his gold eyes with love as she starts to speak.

"He has gone in to talk with her. He feels that maybe if she hears us she will sulk even more. Maybe with him, she might actually listen. She has inherited to much of your stubbornness Inuyasha."

Inuyasha chuckles softly as he bends down and kisses his mate on her lips. "I know but that's one of the many things you love about me."

"I don't know....." Kagome smiles softly as she frees herself from his arms. A mischievous look in her eyes that Inuyasha recognizes all to well. He growls in mock playfulness as he continues to speak.

"So wench what is it that you love about me?" He starts prowling around her.

"Too many things!" Kagome starts to take off at a run and Inuyasha is not too far behind her. Laughing at the scene in front of them Shippo manages to cover Timor's eyes as he shuts his own. But not before he views the site of Inuyasha sweeping down and grasping his giggling mate.

"I have a mind to make love to you wench!" His Kitsune ears pick up on those words and he shivers in disgust. He wishes they would quit saying that. It's hard enough to picture them as mates. But doing that....he shivers.

"You promise?" Is all Shippo hears from Kagome as Inuyasha sweeps her into a heavily foliaged tree. Opening his eyes, he senses immediately where they are and shakes his head. Timor meanwhile squirms against him in curiosity.

"Where is Mommy and Daddy, Shippo?"

"They went to spend some time together. Why don't I teach you this new trick to play on your sister one day?"

"Really?" Timor looks excited at the prospect. His five year old mind is ready to be corrupted by the Kitsune and his trickster ways and Shippo smiles in delight. He nods his head and he and Timor begin to speak.

Inside the house.....

Kikyo cries with Mirada right next to her. Mirada croons softly in Kikyo's ear as she tries her best to cheer up her young Mistress. She lifts her head up when she senses a familiar friend though approaching her room.

"GO AWAY HAYEK!"

"Kikyo...no..." The golden haired demon enters the room. He looks down at the crying eleven year old.

"So your parents told you?"

"You KNEW!" The outraged young girl screams as she looks up at someone, with a hurt gaze to her expression.

"Your mother told me just before she went outside. She also explained to me why."

Kikyo listens as he repeats what her mother told her except for the last part about him. Listening to his voice Kikyo looks up at him and feels as the tears continue to run down her cheeks. "That's the same thing Momma and Daddy told me..." Kikyo sniffs. But I don't want to go. I don't want to leave them or you and Shippo!"

Hayek's heart breaks as he doesn't quite want her to go either. But something Kagome had said earlier sticks to him.

"Hayek....it is all right to love my daughter. But what she needs right now from you is your friendship. Let her decide her own feelings and maybe as she grows up she will be ready for you."

Gathering to courage to speak Hayek, calms the little girl down, with these next few words. "But you must go Kikyo. With Sango's help you can become stronger. Their may come a time when your powers won't work. The knowledge she can teach you will be invaluable don't you think."

"So you think I should go to?"

"I didn't at first Kikyo because I would miss you after all we are best friends right?"

Kikyo nods her head agreeing with his statement. "Yes friends. But I don't know everything and neither does your father Kikyo. With Sango you can learn so much more..."

"But Hayek....I"

"No Kikyo...don't." He presses his fingertips to her lips. He hushes her thoughts with the touch. "Go and learn and become and even stronger woman. Do not worry about your family or your friends...okay?"

"But Hayek I need to tell you something.....I love you!"

"Kikyo....I don't love you the same way..." Hayek whispers as his heart breaks. "I love you like a sister and what you feel for me is just a crush Kikyo. You will find someone else who will love you...."

"But I don't want anyone else...."

"Kikyo....you will...but until then....friends?"

"Best friends?"

Hayek nods his head and smiles. The little girl gives him a huge hug. "Come let's spend some time with your family before you leave...."

Kikyo nods her head and walks with him outside to join the others as they gather together and smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That's the end of this part...sniffs.....don't worry Kikyo will be returning. But she will be older and with friends. But someone despite his young age will begin to make his plans known as some familiar figures show up again to try and take out the young woman and her friends and family. Anyhow don't forget to REVIEW!