InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ What really happened to Naraku?!!!! ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well thank god I was able to update. You know how long I have had these chapters sitting on my computer? Too long, anyway let's get down to the stories.

Inuyasha19912...-Thank you and in answer to your question...well I can't say you would have to read the story. Don't want to ruin it for anyone

Dragon Man 180...- True...giggles...true but yes poor Kikyo...Naraku is coming after her. Now what is Kikyo going to do about that....

miko no tsuki...-I know...but that was the whole point. Kikyo knows now that someone seeks to destroy her for stuff that she had done in the past. Now she must prepare and train to face her worst nightmare....

Anyway I don't own Inuyasha but I do own Hayek, Timor, Rahnee, Betia, Nikia and the three fire cats.

The tally so far remains the same as the last chapter so I will not repost them for right now but instead I will continue with the story all right?"

What really happened to Naraku back then...

Kikyo starts screaming and is soon being shaken awake by a worried Inuyasha as she thrashes about her room. Opening her gold eyes and meeting his, she looks even further to see the gentle eyes of her mother gazing at her with worry and fear.

"MOMMA! DADDY!"

Kikyo with an unknown burst of strength hurls herself into the arms of her parents. Shaking and trembling with fear. Both hold her tight to their bodies and soothe the frightened young woman.

Rahnee, who has Timor clinging to her, looks at her friend and bites her lip with worry. She and Timor were talking about how to trick Shippo when they heard the screams coming from the young woman's lips.

Looking up to the two worried young men as Rahnee watches his sister with a slight tinge of worry. He notices how Shippo bites his lip and Hayek staring at the young woman with a mixture of worry and relief that she is all right.

Turning as his sister finally calms down Timor listens as his parent begin to question her.

"Are you all right Kikyo?" Kagome asks as she hugs her daughter who clutches her as if for dear life. Looking into the eyes of her eldest and yet still her baby girl, Kagome smiles softly in relief as Kikyo nods her head.

"Then tell us pup...what happened. What made you scream like that?" Inuyasha cradles his daughter's hand within his claws and she squeezes them tightly. Not wanting to let go of that safety he provides.

"I was dreaming Daddy."

"Dreaming?"

Kikyo nods her head and proceeds to tell her father what happened as she slept. About the flashbacks, Midoriko and Naraku; her voice trembling with each word, Kikyo tells everything, which happened in the dream.

Hayek observes as Kagome, Inuyasha and Shippo pale as she utters Naraku's name. His curiosity peaked. He is chagrined as Inuyasha and Kagome look at one another and turn to Shippo.

"Shippo get everyone out of her for right now. We need to speak to Kikyo alone."

Shippo nods his head and understands. Rahnee under protest feels herself being pulled away and drags a reluctant Timor who wants to know what is happening. As they depart Shippo hears Kagome's soft voice.

"Shippo...tell them...tell them about Naraku. Tell them what really happened that last battle"

"Yes Kagome."

"And runt...don't you dare leave anything out or exaggerate."

Shippo nods his head and proceeds to speak. Leaving the two to comfort their daughter and continue to ask her about the dream. The others look on in confusion as the fox Kitsune tries to find the proper words to say.

"Shippo?" Rahnee asks tentatively. Looking up into his handsome face, her heart still pounds whenever she sees the demon and she resists the urge to stroke his red hair. When he looks up though she backs up in worry as his eyes seem to be haunted with a memory he would rather not have.

Hayek realizing that the story might be a long one gestures to Rahnee and Timor to sit down and listen.

"Rahnee I am sure your parents have not mentioned Naraku but in passing."

"In passing yes. I just know it was Inuyasha who defeated him"

Hayek nods his head in agreement to Rahnee's statement and looks equally confused as Shippo begins to speak.

"What you heard is only partially true...." Shippo replies. "Kagome and I were there as well your parents Rahnee."

"Excuse me?" Rahnee replies surprised and reflexively squeezes Timor's shoulder a little hard and he yelps in surprise.

Flashback...

Shippo watches as Inuyasha and Kagome battle Naraku. Inuyasha striking at his tentacles as Kagome launches one holy arrow after another.

Distracting the many demons surrounding the small group of fighters with illusions, Shippo remains hidden as he gives the fighters abilities to move and destroy Naraku's minions left and right.

Fighting the demons trying to get through to help their lord and Master, Miroku, Sango and Kilala battle what seems to be a never ending army. Seeing as his friends start to be overcome, he watches as reinforcements arrive to help them....

"Kouga's coming!" He yells from his hiding place and he brings others!

Shippo watches as Kouga and the wolf tribes united under his and Ayame's leadership fight with Naraku's horde of servants and minions. Sighing in relief as Naraku's army seems to be beaten back. He turns his attention to where Inuyasha and Kagome battle the vicious demon.

Watching as Naraku roars in anger at the arrival of Kouga and the wolf tribes. He battles even harder drawing upon the power of the full Shikon Jewel embedded in his chest.

"You will not defeat me! I am Naraku I am IMMORTAL!"

Kagome launches another arrow and he screams in rage. Aiming a tentacle straight for the miko's heart Inuyasha slices it off as he takes on Naraku directly. His silver hair flying as Naraku moves way to fast. Naraku screams in pain as a sword is soon found embedded in his back.

Surprised as it was not the Tetsaiga for it remains in Inuyasha's hand. He turns around in pain and notices the impassive Lord of the Western Lands.

"You have defiled my lands long enough Naraku...now die."

Sesshomaru turns to Kagome who even though she is surprised by his appearance launches a holy arrow deep into Naraku. As she does so she reaches out with eh hand and calls for the Shikon Jewel.

Hearing the call of its owner, the jewel struggles to be free as a tug of wills is between both Kagome and Naraku when another presence arrives and insists upon the jewel flying free from its captor's chest.

Suddenly to Naraku's surprise he feels a ripping sensation in his flesh and his power drops considerably. He turns his malevolent red eyes as looks at the young miko who clutches the jewel in her hands. But instead of seeing Kagome he sees a woman in red and white and howls in anger.

"YOU CAN NOT HOPE TO KILL ME!"

"Guess again bastard" Inuyasha yells as he holds his sword up one last time. "WIND SCAR!"

The blades run at a frightening speed toward Naraku. He simply closes his eyes and smiles as the blades welcome him. Leaving everyone around him with these parting words, for as he disappears so does his minions.

"I may have lost in this life...I will not lose in the next one...."

Naraku proceeds to vanish within the light of Inuyasha's wind scar and the others watch in a quiet silence as the being who has been the bane of their existence dies. But soon this foreboding win arises from his grave and a black mist explodes from his body...flowing out and into the dark reaches of the land.

"Is it over?" Kagome asks as Shippo comes into her arms. The same question deep in his eyes, looking over at Miroku, Sango, Kilala, Kouga, and Sesshomaru, Inuyasha sighs and shakes his head.

"I don't know...if he is dead there is one way to find out..."

They all turn to look at Miroku who gulps. Turning away from the battle just in case, Miroku unwraps the prayer beads away from his hand and expecting the familiar whoosh of wind. He hears nothing. Turning to his friends, he shows them his hands, which are free and clear. Soon he is pummeled with joy as a everyone gathers around and the small army of fighters celebrates.

Both brothers though and Kagome stand off to a side. Uncertainty in their gaze, they ask themselves..."What was that black mist....and is it really over?"

Flashback ends...

"So that is what really happened all those years ago. After so long we thought we would be at peace. Even despite that dream Kikyo had when she was six. We didn't think he was coming back. But maybe...maybe we were wrong."

Stopping as they all notice Inuyasha and Kagome coming back, with Kikyo between them, Inuyasha speaks....

"Shippo...I need you to go to my brother and warn him. Kagome and I will take Timor and warm Kouga that Naraku has returned."

The small group nods their heads and Rahnee speaks up.

"What about my parents?"

"We will warn them as well. You, Kikyo, and Hayek will go to warn Miroku and Sango. Tell them to train those demon slayers now as if their very lives depend on it."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *

Well it is now near 4 in the morning and I am going to bed...good night folks and don't forget to review....