InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Catching up with Inuyasha! ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hello one and all. I bet you have been kind of wondering why I haven't updated. I had a really bad headache to the point I really didn't want to do much of anything...For which I am sorry. But it has gone away now and we shall continue yes?

Dreg...-Sesshomaru and Kagura are more alike that what you think. Remember the fact that both are devious and will do just about anything do get what they want. Sesshomaru the Tetsaiga and Kagura her freedom, but there is a difference between them, which I believe makes them two halves of the same coin. Sesshomaru is often cold and unemotional as many have pointed out, but he leaves his plans open for all to see...seems to make a grand show of it as well, whereas Kagura will do the same but she prefers a more subtle method. I think she wants to get what she dreams but with the least possible attention. You also have to think that she has been a mother to Kanna, her sister who is still relatively a child and she protects Kanna often. Who says she won't protect Rin?

Dragon Man 180...-Yep...poor Shippo...no one wants to help him...tsking...As to the becoming a child...I agree there...I mean I would never want to let him go either

babii...-Well...Sorry? Thank you though and I shall

miko no tsuki...-Yep that would be strange...Rin and Calto actually I am thinking about doing that...but to Kikyo and Hayek...well that's going to be steadily showing up now besides age is nothing but a number...well a legal number depending on where you are in the world

Inuyasha 19912...-Poor Shippo...what I got planned for him and Rahnee....heh.... Yes what is Inuyasha going to do. What is one of the first thing his nose is going to pick up about Calto....besides Sesshomaru wouldn't he recognize the other as well as Kouga and Ayame? As to Kagome and Naraku...I can't say...you know that would be really....really bad....

Anyway folks I don't own Inuyasha...never have never will....wailing!!!!!!!!!

Catching up with Inuyasha!

Walking through the woods on their way north, you can hear the small group of men and women talking...or should we say arguing.

"Hayek you are NOT getting off Mirada!"

"Listen here Kikyo! I am perfectly fine! I can walk or jump the rest of the way! Hayek makes a motion to slide off, but he winces in pain as he clutches his side. The injury still stings but he will not arrive upon the fire-cats back if he can help it.

"Mirada GO!"

Nodding her agreement the fire cat starts to run and soon launches herself into the air. Forcing Hayek to latch onto her with his hands, he stares down at the stubborn girl with anger.

"KIKYO!"

"I'M NOT LISTENING!" The dark-haired young woman blazes up at him. Her golden eyes glaring as he stares back down with his green eyes and the two begin to clash wills.

Meanwhile Shippo and Miroku are watching this from their vantage point and reminiscing as the two fight.

"Remind you of any one?" Miroku asks with a huge smile on his face.

Shippo nods his head as memories of Kagome and Inuyasha's notorious fights run through his mind. The infamous sits have been sorely missed, but the times spent growing up with the only family he has ever known has more than made up for it. Laughing as Hayek tries to coax Mirada into allowing him back down to walk, Shippo doesn't notice as someone casually starts to stand by him.

Rahnee looks up to Shippo with a mixture of love and impishness as his tail seems to be beckoning for her to stroke it. Moving quietly closer to him and her father, she starts to reach for that tail and its soft fuzziness.

Betia on top of Leetah just watches with delight. Kikyo and that Hayek guy are still fighting, and now his sister and Shippo are about to go at it again. She gets this disappointed look as Kilala, noticing Rahnee, makes a swipe at Shippo's shoulder giving him just enough time to jump from her reaching grasp.

"AAWWWW KILALA!"

Kilala just mews and goes back to curling up on Miroku's shoulder as Tiasma, Leetah, and Betia start to giggle. Glaring at her little sister, she starts to reach agin, but this time Shippo is ready for her and jumps into the trees.

"THAT'S NOT FAIR!"

Shippo simply smiles at her and nods his head. Rahnee catching that smile feels her heart pounding as he turns and races off to keep Hayek company, despite the injured demon's losing battle with his "little sister".

Miroku and Kilala look at one another and sigh happily. "I don't know about you Kilala, but I feel young again..."

Mewing her own opinion, as she lifts her head up long enough to lick him on his cheek, Kilala once again watches the people who have become her family around her. She keeps half an eye on her Mistress's oldest daughter, who is sulking as she was not able to achieve latching onto a certain Kitsune. Curling back up on the Master's shoulder, she promptly takes a cat nap, but keeps her ears perked for the slightest problem.

Elsewhere, near the end of the small pack, Rin is chuckling softly and Calto can't help but gaze at the young woman with a hint of curiosity.

"Why do you laugh?"

"Why not Calto?" Her brown eyes looking into his red ones, she tilts her head and smiles. "Do you not find their little quarrels amusing?"

Calto ponders this, for other than Rin, he is honestly not used to others around him except for his parents and Jaken. "To be honest Rin I do not know"

Looking thoughtful, she turns to Calto and smiles. "Calto there is something you should do...."

Calto looks at her curiously. His red eyes questioning as she starts to pull him towards the two other male demons and then leaves him there as she goes to keep Kikyo and the other girls company.

Hayek looks at Shippo who is to busy chortling with laughter as his predicament turns to Calto with a hopeful gleam.

"Hey Calto....can you lend a hand?"

"A hand?"

"Yes....can you talk this stubborn feline into letting me down?"

"Why do you not simply jump?"

"Because of your stubborn...mule-headed and IRATE COUSIN OF YOURS, I CAN'T"

"I HEARD THAT" Kikyo yells right back. She may not have her father's features....but she does have his senses as she stomps over and the two start going at it again. Calto can't help but be impressed by his cousin's control and equal temper with the irate gold-haired demon

"You got to admit this is funny!" Shippo says as he flies from the tree next to Calto. The young man can't help, but smile and nod his head in agreement at the thought for he waits as the other young woman, who was once sulking, lights up. Watching as she gestures for his silence, he shakes his head and is about to say something, when Shippo freezes.

"Hands OFF THE TAIL" Shippo yanks his tail away from the young woman as her hand had managed to stroke the tips of the reddish fur. Watching as he blushes a bright red and runs from the young demon slayer in training. Calto can't help but smile as a special kind of warmth begins to enter his heart.

Looking towards Rin, as she laughs the warmth seems to grow more defined. Catching his eye as she feels his gaze upon her Rin smiles and nods her head, about to say something she is halted as Betia starts asking questions about various herbs.

Watching her as she speaks with the young girl, Calto starts to notice things about her that he has never noticed before. Her kind heart...the way she smiles...he starts to get confused and when he turns around as if to shake off these undemonlike thoughts. He notices the demon Hayek staring at his cousin with obvious interest as she struggles to dissuade a determined Rahnee from chasing after Shippo.

"What is about humans are near humans that interests us?"

"Hmm?" Hayek asks as Calto had caught him off guard. His green eyes are betraying his next words as he keeps trying to slide a look towards the young girl with silver streak in her hair. "I wasn't interested..."

Calto raises a dark eyebrow, much like his father did when he was younger, much to Miroku's amusement. Approaching the young man in question, Miroku simply starts walking next to him and voices one simple question...."

"Are you sure it's because she is human Calto...or is simply because she is Rin?"

Pondering these words, Calto simply looks confused and remains lost in thought as the small group continues on their way north towards the lands of the Wolf Tribes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Two days later...

As they approach the outskirts of the lands. Hayek, Shippo, and Calto growl in displeasure. Drawing their swords and weapons, the small pack comes upon a small army of demons in their path surrounding two others.

One of the two has silvery white hair and is holding a long sword as eh growls at the demons. The red headed woman beside him is glaring at the small army as she fends off their attacks.

"AYAME!"

"I KNOW! WE WILL GET THROUGH INUYASHA!"

"DADDY!" Kikyo starts to pull an arrow that as Shippo and Hayek pull Calto out of the way is launched deep into the small group. Calto observes as the arrow seems to glow pink and explode with a holy light. Recognizing the arrow and whirling as he fends off a demon's attack.

"It seems father wasn't kidding, when he said don't underestimate my kin...."

Inuyasha spies his daughter as her and the others dive in to the battle. His nose sniffing out their scents and feeling that they are okay. Inuyasha senses a familiar smell coming from the young man who has joined their group and watches as he pulls forth a sword he hasn't seen in years.

"TOKIJIN!" Watching as the young man who bears a striking resemblance to himself, nods his head both of them fight side by side along with Hayek on the ground as Shippo, Rahnee, and Kikyo take to the air. Betia remains with Rin and the two of them cover the stragglers and help out Miroku with the fights as the demons seem to be endless.

The battle continues and as it starts to turn against then Inuyasha is surprised as the monk says something he hasn't heard in a very long time.

"EVERYONE THERE ARE TOO MANY! GET OUT OF THE WAY I WILL USE MY WIND TUNNEL!"

Watching and his best friend for so long unsheathe his right hand, he observes as Miroku begins to suck the demons into the swirling vortex of wind. Screaming as the fly to their deaths, the demons continue to struggle for all its worth. Eventually though it is over....

"Miroku...is that what I think it is?" Inuyasha asks his friend quietly.

Nodding his head, Miroku turns to the others and embraces Ayame as she smiles at him warmly.

"Miroku it is nice to see you again..."

"Likewise...how is Kouga?"

Looking at one another as they do so, Kikyo looks around as she doesn't notice one person in particular that she was hoping to see. Miroku meanwhile patiently awaits his answer.

"Daddy?" The young woman asks.

"Yes?"

"Where's Momma?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*

That's the end of this part folks. It is now 3:24 in the morning and I am sleepy...Time for this girl to go to bed. Anyway I hope you all like and don't forget to review!