InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ News and the Twins arrive! ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It's me again! Due to some headaches thanks to a computer malfunction my updates might be a little slower now...Sorry! Anyway let's get back to business okay?

colisto ice...-Smiles I am glad that you are enjoying the story. I am planning on updating soon

Dark Moon 1...-Thank you very much and I aim to please!

Dragon man 180... - Calto and Rin...heh...you really want me to make this longer don't you! Well thanks to you I ended up with all sorts of different scenes in my head and well you shall have to read to find out. As to the Tetsaiga and Toukijin together....I don't know. I don't think the Toukijin will have any effect on Naraku since it was made from one of his incarnations...In a sense wouldn't he be fighting himself?

Well anyhow folks I don't own Inuyasha, but I do own the characters Timor, Hayek, Nikia, Calto, Rahnee, Betia, and soon two more characters. I also own, Mirada, Leetah, and Tiasma!

News and the twins arrive!

"Where's Momma?" Kikyo asked looking at her father. His gold eyes are looking sad as he starts to speak and Ayame places a comforting arm around her shoulders, while he explains what has been going on to the wolf tribe to his daughter as well as Miroku.

Hearing these words being spoken, Kikyo begins to tremble at the thought of losing her mother, because of Naraku's need for revenge.

Miroku listens sadly and remembers what Shippo and Calto had told him about Kagura's illness. Taking Ayame to the side as Inuyasha starts to comfort Kikyo; he is soon cut off though by two voices approaching from the east.

"HEY MOM!"

Ayame groans as two identical seventeen year olds approach her. Holding out a hand as if to say wait a minute. She heads towards them and Miroku realizes that they must be her sons with Kouga. Both of them are in garb that is identical to their father's, they each have jet black hair and a pair of deep set green eyes. Their bodies are lean and muscular and as they move they have an almost primal grace.

Each one is holding a bag with various herbs inside. Surrounding Ayame, both of them open their bags and show her what they retrieved. Gesturing for the others to hold on for a minute Ayame looks into both bags and nods her head.

"You two could have been a little neater in getting these for your father and the others, but you have done well."

Nodding their heads, as they beam in the praise from the red headed wolf demoness, they close up the bags and then one of them looking up spies Kikyo, Rahnee, and Rin. Looking towards his brother and as if he was receiving a mental thought. Both of them stood up and gazed upon the three women with smiles as they take in each one and their features.

They notice though that two of them seem to be occupied with other men. The older one seems to be talking with the black and silver haired demon. Her brown hair and eyes are alit with knowledge and quiet gentle warmth. She isn't a classic beauty but somehow with her it fits.

The one with the strange armor is trying to reach for the red-headed ones tail. Smiling as she seems to be of an impish nature. Her body though exudes a warrior's grace, as if should they attack she would be more than ready for them. But her eyes always seem to have a hidden smile and thus they know she has a passion and zest for life.

Turning to gaze at the remaining girl, they both frown as she seems to have her hands covering her face and they watch as the hanyou's arm surround her as if to protect her from their gaze. His golden eyes looking into theirs, he growls softly almost warningly. The tone they hear is back off and normally this would irk them, into challenging. But after a look to their mother, they notice as she shakes her head and gestures for them to come with her.

Following the wolf chieftess to a little corner of the forest clearing where they are currently at right now, both look and ask in unison. "Mom what's going on?"

Ayame sighs and begins to speak to her sons with conviction telling them about Inuyasha and Kagome's relationship from the beginning until now. Chuckling at the thought of their father chasing anyone else, but their mother, the two then take on determined looks as she then proceeds to them about the illness affecting her.

"DAMN THIS NARAKU!"

"Sakado...hush....now both you and Kino stay alert. We have had an unusual number of demons trying to infiltrate and finish what that bastard started"

"Yes Mom!"

"Good...now Miroku wished to speak with me about something and I am going over to see what it was."

Nodding their heads they turn and watch as Ayame approaches a dark haired man in blue robes and holding a staff. Taking a look at the young woman and finally noticing the smaller girl as she stands next to her. They observe as both seem to bear a striking resemblance to the man their mother is talking to. They watch as their mother growls at something Miroku said when she puts her hands to her mouth as if in shock and surprise.

"RIN...CALTO...COME HERE A MINUTE" The one called Miroku to their understanding yells. Turning as if to figure out which one is which. They watch as the older woman and the male demon with silver and black hair get up and look in curiosity. Which is when they notice the one on the ground, he is leaning against the tree with his eyes focuses on the girl and the hanyou.

Curious and remaining alert at the same time, for both realize that they have seen him somewhere before. They run towards him. For he is curious, he seems to be a demon as by his ears and the scent of power he carries....but what kind?

"Who are you?"

Hearing the question, Hayek looks up and notices the two brothers staring at him curiously. He can see their expressions as the two seem to have been familiar with his appearance; he looks for a way to distract them.

"I am simply a friend of Inuyasha and his family."

Kino and Sakado both look at one another as they can sense he is hiding something....but what?

As they try to get more information out of him, Ayame continues to speak with Miroku, Rin and Calto. Out of the corner of her eye she watches as Inuyasha calls over Shippo and the others to tell them of what is happening to the person Shippo has thought of as his mother...

Turning back to the two before her and listen as she describes the symptoms of the illness that has befallen Kagura recently and saddens. Turning to Calto, she smiles gently....

"I may have no love for your mother because of what she has done to my people in the past...but I do understand your need to help her." She replies...so now I must tell both you and Miroku something...."

"What?" Miroku asks"

"Miroku...Kouga and most of the wolf tribe have caught this illness as well. Many are alive, but barely hanging on. Another one has gotten the sickness as well."

"Who?"

"Kagome..."

Miroku looks stunned as one of the few people who had the power to destroy Naraku now is dying from this disease. Explaining what was going on as Inuyasha and Kagome had approached. They sigh and shake their heads as something so small can tear apart two of the most powerful men in the land...Sesshomaru and Inuyasha.

Saying nothing, Calto simply nods his head and observes as Ayame smiles gently and then turns to Rin with questions about the herbs and spells that herself and Jaken had been using to keep Kagura alive.

They all though jump as they watch a fox demon speed off towards the den in a fit of disbelief. Ayame turns to Inuyasha, who simply says Kagome and nods her head in understanding. Meanwhile as Rin and Ayame talk, Miroku takes him by the shoulder and gestures for the young man to come with him.

"Where are you taking me?" Calto asks.

"To meet your father's brother..." Miroku replies.

"Inuyasha"

"What is it Miroku?" Inuyasha grumbles as Rahnee and Betia work on comforting their friend, in her time of need. Trying to cheer her up with their smiles and laughter, the cats trying as well as they burl up around the girls and allow them the soothing noises of their purrs.

"Inuyasha this is your nephew."

"My Nephew?" Inuyasha's nose seems to twitch as they take in the scent of the young man. "I definitely smell my brother on you but I smell someone else as well." He growls.

"She is my mother..." Calto replies, he knows that he need not say anything for Inuyasha growls are telling him enough. He then looks on in surprise and amusement as the monk's staff seems to whack his uncle over the head.

"What did you do that for MIROKU?"

"For not being a gracious relative Inuyasha! He has brought Rin and with Kagura having the same illness, Rin and Jaken according to Calto here have been treating her. She is very much alive right now and in no worse condition then the wolf tribe. By bringing Rin here and helping us with Naraku, we might just WIN!"

"I don't need any help from any spawn of that wench!"

"Inuyasha be reasonable!" Miroku whacks the hanyou over the head this time harder.

"That wench may be his mother, but he was not even alive then. It is not his fault."

"FEH!"

Inuyasha growls as he jumps into the trees and starts flying after Shippo, back towards the wolf den.

"Do not mind him Calto...your help as well as Rin's is greatly appreciated...he will come around eventually."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~< /div>

I know it's short but its 3:30 in the morning and I am beat. I will try again tomorrow meanwhile don't forget to REVIEW!