InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Confessions of the Heart ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It's me again! I just got off work and I know its time for another update right? Anyway let's get right down to it.

Dark Moon 1...-Well Kagura has always been his enemy if you think about it. To find her essentially mated to his brother...well to Inuyasha that is a bit disturbing. Kagome and Miroku will make him swing around though...the real trick is Kouga....Why do the wolf twins know Hayek...heh...I ain't telling

Mystic Hanyou...-Thank you kindly and I shall

miko no tsuki...-Yep they're men

Inuyasha 19912...-You forget Inuyasha is rather stubborn, remember how long it took him to admit that he needed Miroku and Kouga a couple of times? Even Sesshomaru has proven his aid and will Inuyasha ever admit it...not really. As I told Dark Moon 1, to him despite the fact that he knows Calto is innocent and is actually helping him it will be hard to forget that his mother is Kagura. Old memories sometimes die hard and are not easily forgotten...

Dragon Man 180...-who says Kino and Sakado aren't going to chase someone....they may have inherited their common sense from Ayame but they still have Kouga in them. Heh...they will just plan whereas Kouga you got to admit had a tendency to act first and think later. I like Miroku and you know other than Kouga Miroku is the only one Inuyasha will ever let whack him on the head anyway. I think its some kind of male bonding thing? So you agree with me about Toukijin...I mean essentially that sword is part of Goshinki, who was part of Naraku...so I don't think it will do anything if it was to be used against him...I mean who knows...maybe it was the trigger to set his spirit free.....

colisto ice...-Ummmm I don't know...this is pretty much coming off the top of my head...but I shall think about it....

lina...-Thank you and as to the spelling of Kilala's name I honestly do not know I have it seen it both ways and as to the preferred spelling I had once asked on another of my stories, but no one would tell me until just a few days ago so for the two swords and Sango's weapon. For the sake of whether or not I have it right we shall leave it as is. To change it now would be too late but for all of you out there WHAT IS the actual spelling of Kilala's name?

Lady Ceri...-Thank you for enjoying it. This was wholly not my idea though and another reader such as your self supplied with the idea on how to continue this for it was originally a one shot and what she said was a good idea. Another one has come up with an idea to make it longer. So I do generally try to listen to one and alls ideas and ways to improve. I may not get to them right away but I shall try.

Anyway I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters and you can't have them...THEY ARE MINE, MINE, MINE!

Confessions ofthe heart...

Watching as his uncle races after the fox demon, Calto hears the monk's words.

"Do not mind him Calto...your help as well as Rin's is greatly appreciated....he will come around eventually."

Those words, he hopes deep down will come true. He saw the way Inuyasha was with his cousin. He was apprised of the news by both Miroku and Ayame only moments before Inuyasha's discovery of his mother. "Father was right"

"Right about what?" Rin asks as she comes up behind him.

"That mother is not exactly on anyone's favorite person list..." He responds dryly and much to his chagrin. "Deep down I was kind of hoping he was wrong..."

"I know... Your father told me once we join up with the others to send a message and either Jaken or Kanna will be around to receive it and relay it to him."

"That's right Kanna was on patrol was on well."

"Yes. She was just returning as we were leaving with Shippo."

"I didn't notice...."

"You had other things on your mind....now come Calto. Ayame and her sons are going to take us to the wolf den."

Calto nods his head and starts to walk back with her. Meanwhile they observe as the wolf twins look at Hayek with an undisguised curiosity. Hayek looks nervous and then is relieved as Ayame calls for them. Giving him this look as if this isn't over yet, Hayek sighs in relief as the two receive instructions from their mother and immediately take to the woods.

Wondering how to evade them in the future, so as to try and make sure that his history doesn't come out. Hayek stands up and dusts himself off only to find himself staring into a pair of dark gold eyes.

"You okay?"

"I...I...I'm fine Kikyo, I still feel a twinge here and there but that is to be expected."

"That's good; I told Rahnee and the others I will meet them at the Den. Mirada and I are going on ahead with Daddy and Shippo to go check on Momma." Kikyo smiles gently. "But I wanted to make sure you were all right and didn't need anything before I left."

"Thank you..."

Kikyo nods her head and then turns and hops on Mirada who had changed into her full demon form. Going into the air, he watches as the young woman turns towards the mountain range on the trail of her father and adopted brother. Watching as she is soon out of sight, Hayek doesn't realize as the monk approaches him with Kilala perched on his shoulder with a questioning gaze.

"So tell me, how do you truly feel about Inuyasha's daughter?"

"What do you mean?" Hayek hastily asks as he finds himself moving on ahead a little faster. Miroku smiles as he observes the demon's reaction to his question. Catching up to him, Miroku places a hand on Hayek's shoulder.

"You like her don't you?"

"Like.....Would I call it liking?"

Miroku smiles as Hayek turns around and looks at him sadly. "I don't know how I should feel, I know part of me loves her....but it could never work out."

"How so?" Miroku asks. His concern and gentle smile towards Hayek is comforting. "Please, I sense that you need to talk to someone."

"Because of who I am...." Hayek responds. He proceeds to tall Miroku about the events of the day eight years ago, that caused him to run in flight. Listening to Hayek speak, Miroku is shocked by his confession and Hayek's true age.

"So you have been around for that long?"

"Yes...."

"But that means you are not a demon....you are like Inuyasha..."

"A hanyou?"

Miroku nods his head and watches as Hayek smiles. "I was...but as time went my father's blood started to take control and eventually what was left of my humanity was destroyed. All I have left are memories and emotions."

Looking confused, Miroku turns to Hayek and tells him about Inuyasha's situation and the few times Inuyasha went all demon as they walk with the others towards the den. Watching as Hayek seems lost in thought Miroku observes as his two daughters are busy talking with one another on top of Tiasma with Leetah curled up snoozing in Betia's arms. The twins are talking with their mother through howls as if to signal everything was all right as Ayame led them to the den. Next to her is Rin and Calto, for when she is not speaking to the boys up ahead, she is quizzing Rin about the herbs and remedies they have been using to keep Kagura alive.

"Miroku..."

"Yes Hayek?"

"Every time?"

Miroku nods his head and Hayek shrugs. "The only thing I can think of is has something to do with my mother."

"Maybe..."

Miroku and Hayek continue to speak as they travel with others. Meanwhile, Inuyasha, Shippo, and Kagome have reached the den of the wolf tribe. Sniffing the air with his nose and realizing that they followed. Shippo waits for the others to come. Nodding his head to Inuyasha and to Kikyo who arrives, via Mirada, they wait for the fire cat to shift back into her kitten self and perch on Kikyo's shoulder.

Looking around Kikyo observes what is left of the wolf tribe and her heart can't help but go out to them.

"So many Daddy...so many"

"I know"

"All of the ones who have fallen ill are this way."

Following the older man, the two walk into a cave and soon the scent of illness fills the air. It is so strong that even Kikyo can smell it and it near gags her.

"Daddy..."

"I know I know....Shippo keep going straight ahead. I am going to stay with Kikyo for a moment and then we will join you."

Nodding his head, the fox Kitsune continues on, his heart set on finding the woman who raised him. Inuyasha turns and takes his trembling daughter into his arms.

"Daddy I want to go on...I want to see Momma, but I'm scared I'm scared that if I do.... and what about Timor is he all right!"

"I'm fine Kiki" A young voice pops up from behind her. Kikyo turns around and the two siblings hug. Inuyasha smiles gently as he sees his tow children together again. Timor looks exhausted as when he wasn't with their mother, he was helping the wolf tribe member still healthy to patrol their lands.

"Kiki go and see Momma. You know me and Daddy will be there with you."

Kikyo bites her lip and looks back towards the end of the cave. The smell of sickness is stronger and looking at both her father and brother who nods their heads. She continues on berating herself little by little.

About ready to turn as she starts observing members of the wolf tribe in her view she is soon stilled by a gentle frail cry.

"Is that you baby...?"

"Momma..." Kikyo turns and unerringly finds her way through the ill wolves and into the arms of her mother.

"My beautiful girl..." Kagome smiles and starts to cough again. Shippo who is right next to her immediately starts to push her down gently. But Kagome shakes her head. "I am okay Shippo..."

"Momma you don't have to..."

"I know baby....I am proud that you came despite your fear...."

"Why am I so afraid of being around sickness Momma....why is it that it always reminds me of death...." Kikyo cries into her mother's lap. Kagome smiles softly as Inuyasha beckon for Shippo to come with him and Timor towards Kouga who is watching the small family.

Nodding her head in understanding she comforts her daughter. Then Inuyasha turns to Kouga who is looking at him with curiosity.

"So what do you want dog -breath"

"Stow it wolf...I have some information for you that you are not going to like"

Kouga listens as Shippo begins his tail about approaching Sesshomaru and finding out that the Lady of the western lands had taken on the same sickness as the wolf tribe and Kagome.

"So what does this have to do with me....?"

Inuyasha and Shippo look at one another and ponder their next few words carefully. "Sesshomaru couldn't make it Kouga and sent his son and Rin in his stead with both Tenseiga and Toukijin for he is staying with his mate..."

"And..."

"His mate is Kagura..."

"WHAT!!!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Sometimes people say confession is good for the soul....I don't know please tell me when you review and if you choose to do you agree with Hayek's voicing his thoughts to Miroku and whether or not Inuyasha should have told Kouga.. Anyway do enjoy and please don't forget to REVIEW!