InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Stubborn Men! ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi all it's me again. Just saying it's time for another update and so I hope you all enjoy this one, as much as I did writing it.

Mystic Hanyou...-Thank you and I do agree but some haven't been to sure and have expressed their doubts. So thank you for your support.

Dragon Man 180...- No I agree I believe Kouga is not that impulsive but.....the man is sick. Anyway this will be a good chapter okay?

jgirl79...-Thank you very much and I am glad that you do.

miko no tsuki...-I will I will....just not right away

inuyasha19912...-Thank you and I am beginning to love it as well. It may be the only one I do with a reborn Kikyo as the focal point, but at least this time she understands when no means no. As to how Kouga will react to Calto...well we are about to find out.

Dark Moon 1...-Yep...all good stories I believe have secrets don't you. And that's what I counted on at the end. After all that depressing stuff I had just written I wanted people to smile at the typical Kouga reaction.

I don't own Inuyasha but I do own just about everyone else Rahnee, Timor, Betia, Hayek, Calto, Kino, Sakado, Mirada, Leetah, and Tiasma

Stubborn Men!

"What!"

Kouga struggles to get up as he hears the news that Kagura's son is in the lands of the Wolf Tribe. Watching as she is now entering the cave with the others, Ayame notices how Kouga is fighting to get up and she runs over.

"YOU ARE NOT GETTING UP KOUGA!"

"LISTEN HERE WENCH!" Kouga screams and the two starts getting into an argument that despite the place they are fighting in is crowded with the sick members of the wolf tribe. The other wolf demons can't help but chuckle at them. They have long missed their Prince's outbursts and fits of anger and despite feeling sick; they feel better watching the interaction between their Prince and his mate.

Watching as Ayame and Kouga fight and from what his sensitive ears are picking up, Calto can somehow sense it is about him. About ready to turn and run, he watches as Rin takes in all the members of the wolf tribe and her heart goes out to them.

"Calto we have to help them"

"..."

Running towards Ayame and Kouga who are still in mid battle, Rin bows politely to Kouga who is startled by the presence of the human woman in his midst.

"Who the hell are you?"

"Kouga I am surprised you do not remember little Rin?" Ayame laughs softly.

Looking closely at the young woman, Kouga squints a little bit and finally sees the young woman as the little girl who once followed dog-breaths brother around.

"So what brings you here?"

"Look Kouga I understand that you have no love for Calto's mother right now, but he came to help and to meet his family. Sesshomaru knew that Inuyasha wouldn't be too thrilled, but he did not wish to lose you as the valuable ally you had become. So he stayed on the western lands with Kagura hidden from sight. About a year later he took her as mate and they had Calto."

Kouga growls as the said demon comes forward. He still wants to rip him the shreds and Ayame as well as Inuyasha is struggling with the wolf prince. Behind them are Kikyo and Kagome shaking their heads at the stubborn wolf demon. As Ayame turns around she looks towards the miko with a sigh.

"Help me with this stubborn idiot of a mate of mine will you?"

"Mine is equally stubborn Ayame, if you can keep them both away from Calto for a minute..."

"Done"

Kikyo grabs her mother's arm and pulls it over her head to rest on her shoulder gently. Noticing what Kagome and his little sister is trying to do. Shippo runs over and sweeps his adoptive mother into his arms.

"Thanks Shippo"

"No problem..."

Taking Kagome over to where Kouga struggles against his mate and Inuyasha, with Kikyo right behind him. Kouga glares at the miko who once held his heart and to a degree still does...but only as a sister.

"What are you against me to?"

"I am not and you know it Kouga. But listen to Rin, Kouga and at least listen to him will you..."

"Who? Kagura's spawn I will not listen!" He yells and then screams for his sons. "KINO, SAKADO GET IN HERE!"

The wolf twins come running at their father's yell. Their green eyes slightly glowing as they stand in the shadow. They look at the fight going on between their father, mother, and Inuyasha.

"GET THEM OFF OF ME I WISH TO RIP SOMEONE TO SHREDS!"

About to do what their father says they change their mind abruptly as Ayame turns her head and glares. "You interfere with this you two and I swear I will let Kagome and her daughter, purify you and this stubborn idiot father of yours."

Both look at one another and hastily turn tail. Usually when their mother threatens they know she means it.

Kouga growls at the insubordination of his mate and sister in all but blood. He knows in his condition he has no choice but to listen for he also knows better not to make his mate angry.

"Fine I will listen..." He mutters and ceases to struggle. Ayame mutters a few unladylike words and then looks to Kagome with relief. "Thank you..."

"Your welcome my friend..." Kagome smiles softly and then starts to cough. Shippo hurriedly turns around and rushes back to the furs that the wolf tribe for her. Kikyo by her side as Calto looks over curiously at the older woman who radiates power. Watching as her dark eyes look at his with curiosity, she whispers something to Kikyo who nods her head.

Kikyo gets up and smiles gently as she grabs Calto by his hands and pulls him towards her mother.

"So you are my nephew..." Kagome coughs and Calto can't help but recognize the same symptoms that his mother is suffering.

"Yes, I am sorry that I have brought trouble to you and your family and friends."

Kagome smiles and shakes her head. Turning her gaze towards Inuyasha, Kouga, Rin, and Ayame, who are in discussion of sorts as Kouga seems to be slowly relaxing.

"You did not bring trouble Calto...it is not your fault what happened so many years ago and Kouga knows this..." Kagome says and takes his hand in ehrs and pats it gently. "It's just Kouga tends to be a little more hardheaded sometimes...even worse than your Uncle."

"I HEARD THAT!" Both men reply and Ayame can't help but giggle as Rin bites back a smile.

Calto chuckles a little bit and with Kikyo next to him, he starts to talk with his aunt whose warmth reminds him of home.

Meanwhile an hour later outside, Miroku is continuing to talk with Hayek, when the twins appear once again to quiz him. "Help...please"

Nodding his head as Hayek starts to beat a hasty retreat, Miroku successfully deters the twins as he begins to tell stories to them about the many adventures that their father and Inuyasha had against Naraku.

Thankful that the monk has managed to distract the twins from finding out who he is for right now, he looks stunned as a warm wind seems to caress his skin and a voice that he recognizes is spoken.

"Hello Hayek..."

"Mother..."

Hayek jumps high and into the tree as the voice tells him some things and he can't help but shake his head no.

"I can't I won't lose anyone else Mother..."

"Hayek you must....if you don't you will lose her..."

Hayek remains silent as the voice fades away, at the sound of Shippo's voice calling for him.

"Hey Hayek where are you?"

"I'm up here!"

Shippo hearing where his friend is at yells in that direction. "Ayame and Kouga asked us to go on patrol and give the twins a break."

"Asked or did you volunteer Shippo?" Hayek smirked as he sees Shippo freezing at the sound of Rahnee looking for him.

"Let's go!" Shippo takes of and Hayek can't help but laugh as the frustrated young woman spies the disappearing Kitsune and starts to tap her feet in a frustrated motion. Looking towards Hayek with an accusatory glare for aiding Shippo, he simply shrugs and heads off into the forest after his friend.

All this time Betia and Timor were outside on top of Leetah and they both looked at one another and just shook their heads.

"You know your sister is weird...why does she have this fascination for Shippo?"

"I have no idea....but your sister is too much like your father. Hey do you want to hear about the time that Rahnee and her got into a mud fight and ruined mom's garden?"

"Did Kiki and your sister get into trouble...?" Timor asks.

"Loads!"

Timor nods his head and as him and Betia got off Leetah who proceeds to curl up and allow both of them to lean against her instead of the rock walls of the cave. The two youngest out of the group begin to talk.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*

"So Kagura has had this illness for quite sometime?"

"Yes...remember she used to be Naraku's servant and despite his need for revenge against all of you...he wants to destroy her as well for betraying him."

Kouga listens reluctantly and then looks towards the young man with Kagome and her daughter. "Hey kid get over here!"

Not getting any response right away, Kouga looks to Rin with a questioning gaze.

"His name is Calto..."

"Calto HERE NOW!" Kouga yells and the young man can't help, but be a little nervous. But yet he remains calm despite the wolf prince's glare and approaches.

"You can stay...But I still do not trust you." Kouga grudgingly replies. "But if you in any way shape or form betray me or my people...I will kill you out right sickness or not..."

Saying nothing Calto simply nods his head. He knows from Kagome's gentle words, that this for right now will be the best he can receive from the wolf prince. He then in turn returns to getting to know his aunt and his uncle who just glares mutinously at him.

"The same goes for me pup...I had problems with both your father and mother...you hurt my family in any way and I don't care about us being family..."

"INUYAHSA!"

"DADDY!"

"Well it's the truth DAMMIT!" Inuyasha looks to both his wife and daughter who simply shake their heads. Much to Calto's amusement, Kagome brings out some blue beads that make his uncle cringe.

"You do anything to our nephew I will make sure these go back around your neck and I will give the loudest angriest S command that you have ever heard. Understand?"

Inuyasha nods his head as Kikyo adds in her two cents.

"The same goes for Hayek Daddy..."

Realizing that the women he loves are currently looking at him with love in their eyes but a definite promise, he visibly gulps and looks to his nephew. "Piece of advice...Women when they are angry...Don't mess with them..."

"I know... mother a few times has directed her wind blades at father."

"Really?" Inuyasha perks up at the thought of Sesshomaru getting pounded by the wind sorceress. "Tell me about it?"

Calto can't help but be amused at his uncle's transformation from threat to curious relative. Walking outside with his Uncle Inuyasha listens as Calto tells story of the temperamental wind sorceress and her temper that flared when her mate seemingly emotionless mate Sesshomaru, would seriously aggravate her.

Kagome and Kikyo sigh in simple pleasure. There is peace right now in their small family and group of friends. Ayame and Rin are busy administering some of Rin's medicines and the wolf tribe, seems to be getting a little healthier, Calto is bonding with his family. New friends are meeting up with the old.... How long will it last?

The time is coming to journey again. Kagome knows that her daughter has much to face from Naraku and she silently prays with all her heart that the friends and loved ones who go with her will provide Kikyo with the strength she needs to save us all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

That's the end of this part. I made it a little happier for some people expressed that they were getting a little depressed and so I hope you enjoyed. Please don't forget to review!