InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ A Team is Formed... ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hello all it's me again and a lot of you have apparently enjoyed my little fic with Kikyo and the others. Well anyhow, my brother is helping me out with some names for villains or new servants of Naraku as we like to call them. I had an idea and I just couldn't think of a name. He helps me with names and such so if any of you have a villain sounding name for my story do suggest I might just use it okay? But let's get back to the story beginning with the reviews.

SuperJohn500...-Thank you....people were saying my story was depressing but I wanted to set the background stage and well...it just took me a while.

Inuyasha 19912...- Thank you and I plan on doing so

kokoro no miko...- Yep it will be my brother besides names has been helping me with the battle scenes and fine tuning them. To a degree I base the Hayek character off of his personality... Quiet, yet temperamental and simply waits for when it is the right time to strike. As to some of the more powerful ones being out of it...that is true... This will be a battle for the children of Inuyasha and his friends to fight. Inuyasha and Miroku will be there to act as guides and mentors for all of them. But it will mostly be their battle. As to Hayek....that will remain to be seen....I ain't talking.... As to what happens to Naraku's flesh and spirit this time....It will be a while but it will come and it will be the biggest battle ever.....

Dragon Man 180...- So you want to hear about Kagura's temper and Sesshomaru's coolness huh....I might put it in I don't know....

Mystic Hanyou...-Yes it does but if I had started it right away...I think I would have gotten a lot of questions you know?

Dark Moon 1...- why thank you and I wanted people to smile as I wrote those last scenes in there. As I stated before some were telling me that it was simply getting to depressing for them. I wanted to fix that.

Miss Nikki...- Well I am glad that you liked what you saw so far, but unfortunately no Kikyo bashing....Kikyo is the lead character in this case...or at least a reborn my way Kikyo. I felt a little sorry for her despite all that she has done in the show and in the magna she deserves a second chance. If it helps this might be the only time I am ever nice to Kikyo for I much prefer Kagome over her with Inuyasha personally. But this Kikyo is different. She was given the love she craved and the chance to be a normal...I think that's all she ever wanted and with Inu and Kagome as her parents in my story...I believe she got what she desired.

Okay now that I got all the reviews out of the way time for the usual thing and you know what I mean. I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters and they are all MINE...MINE...MINE!

A team is formed....

Kikyo smiles softly as she hugs her mother desperately. She doesn't want to leave the gentle miko that is her mother, but knows she must. They must find a cure and or Naraku for this disease that has plagued those of the wolf tribe as well as Kagome and Kagura. She remembers the previous nights meeting with her father and the others. Her mother and Kouga had managed to attend despite their illness so that they may lend their input, if needed.

The previous night...

"Well we are all here mutt-face, what is it that you wish to talk about?" Kouga replies and despite his illness elicits a gentle if not firm whack upside the head from his mate Ayame.

"Behave Kouga"

Inuyasha is about ready to respond but next to him is his mate daughter who is currently twirling a set of blue prayer beads around their fingers. Hastily he shuts up and grumbles about interfering women.

With his quietness, Miroku has been looked to speak in times of preparation and calm. "What we all need to do is decide who is going out to look for Naraku."

"I'm going of course!" Inuyasha speaks up and Kouga can't help but growl. Ayame glares at him and he mutes down to a low sound as Miroku continues.

"We know Inuyasha, the Tetsaiga did considerable damage to him before...let us hope it does so again. I will go as well."

"But what why father..." Rahnee and Betia speak up out of worry for both girls love their father very much. Saying nothing as it still pains him to think about. Kagome answers a little softly at first but stronger.

"Because of the wind tunnel girls....should things get to overwhelming for you with Naraku's known penchant for sending hordes of demons after his enemies, he can use it to protect those who go."

Rahnee and Betia both hug their father and start adamantly saying that they are going as well until Miroku shakes his head. "Rahnee is coming Betia, she is near fully trained except in the sword for which Inuyasha can do as we travel."

"But!" The little girl speaks out. Her dark hair in its tow braids shaking with anger. "Betia I have better plans for you and your cat Leetah. Leetah is the fastest out of all of Kilala's kittens that night. You will serve better here to help the wolf tribe defend their home and also when the time comes...to fetch your mother and the rest of the slayers."

Betia remains silent but nods her head in acceptance and annoyance. She may not like it, but she understands the reasons.

"Inuyasha...you know Kikyo must come now that Kagome is sick..." Miroku turns to his friend gently and watches as the hanyou gets up in anger.

"Absolutely not!" The hanyou yells and Kagome can't help but wince in pain. As with his emotion he accidentally jostled her around. Looking at her mother worriedly, Kikyo glares at her father.

"DADDY I'M GOING!"

"NO!"

"DADDY!!!!!!!"

"Inuyasha she must go...Kagome can not and you know that we will need Kikyo's miko abilities." Miroku quietly says and the hanyou can't help but listen. He knows his friend speaks the truth. If it wasn't for Kagome's miko powers coming into focus as they traveled, they may never had done what they did to Naraku the first time.

"FEH! Fine Kikyo can go, but Timor you are staying!"

"WHAT HELL NO!" The young boy protests and immediately gets reprimanded by his mother and not to mention Inuyasha gets this glare from Kagome as his ears picked up his son's little swear.

"Inuyasha when I get better...." Kagome mutters something under her breath and Inuyasha can't help but cringe..."

"You wouldn't..."

"Try me" Replies his irritated mate. "What have I told you about cussing in front of them, especially Timor?"

Timor can't help but smirk a little bit, but he is still angry. "Why do I have to stay?"

"You and Betia can work together to help Ayame and You Timor have taken after your father in enough ways that you might be able to serve better here with Ayame and help protect the wolf tribe. I wouldn't put it past Naraku to come back and wipe the rest of them out."

Kouga and Ayame reluctantly both nodded their heads in agreement. For they could use the help in protecting what left of their tribe. They had very few warriors as is and needed all that could fight to do so. Meanwhile Miroku continues to speak and soon Rahnee is smiling in delight as a certain Kitsune groans.

"Shippo is of course going. Even in that battle so long ago, his illusions distracted Naraku to no end and now combined with his maturity they can last even longer and with the skills Inuyasha and Sango have taught him over the years he has become one heck of a fighter."

"Someone kill me now..." Shippo groans and Hayek can't help but pat his friends shoulders in sympathy as Calto and Rin just watch in amusement. Whereas Kino and Sakado are laughing, to a degree they do feel sorry for the fox. Over the last couple of days they have noticed the young woman pursuing him relentlessly and as a result, they have not had to go out on patrol for a while because to get away he volunteers in their place.

Watching as the twins laugh, Ayame looks thoughtful towards Kouga and they seem to share a silent communication, as Miroku looks towards Hayek with purpose.

"Hayek you come as well..."

"Why..." The gold haired demon asks. His puzzlement evident on his face and so he is oblivious to Kikyo's slight smile. Rahnee who does notice this gaze as Miroku explains, decides right them and there to see if she can play matchmaker between the two.

"I do not understand myself...but somehow I know you must come."

Slightly baffled, Hayek nods his head and out of the corner of his eye he catches Kikyo staring at him, and shakes it off. His thoughts being that she is still far too young for him, but yet his own words ring through his mind....

"Best friends..."

"I wish we could be more than friends..."

Hearing those few words softly, Inuyasha turns to look at the demon by Shippo's side. Over the years the young man has earned his respect as well as his mate's. But still the thought of his baby daughter with a man...irks him to no end. Knowing this he vows during the journey to do what he can to keep the two from getting to close....even if it does earn him those beads back again...

As Miroku prepares to finish off what they need for supplies, Ayame speaks up....

"Take Kino and Sakado with you..."

The twins look at their parents sharply, for even though they wish to go they want to protect their family and friends more. Ready to protest, Ayame and Kouga both silence them with their gazes.

"Before you two protest, both of you are excellent trackers. Both of you are excellent trackers and your speed is an advantage." Ayame smiles gently. "You picked that up from your father."

Ready to protest as he feels he can do it himself just fine, Ayame turns to Inuyasha with an apologetic tone. "Not to be rude Inuyasha, but both of them should Naraku manage to get away are considerably faster than you. From what I remember of Naraku's speed, they should be able to keep after him where you could not..."

Still wanting to protest, but knowing that Ayame is right, Inuyasha quiets down. Kouga is about ready to gloat when he gets reprimanded silently by his mate and says nothing. But both men look at one another and mutter one word with a little bit of disgust...

"Women!"

"Calto...you come as well." Miroku states and the young man simply nods his head. He is about to turn to Rin, who shakes her head. "I am not coming Calto..."

"Why?" The young man asks.

"Ayame and the wolf tribes need me...besides you know the spell to communicate with your father as well as I do. Here I will be able to help Ayame treat the wolves as Betia and Timor will remain with their still capable fighters and help protect those that are sick. I have already discussed with Sesshomaru via the spell and Ayame. Sesshomaru is sending Kanna and her Mirror here to protect me and help out the wolf tribe. Jaken is going to look after your mother, as he resumes taking care of the lands."

Present time...

Kikyo looks as Rin and Calto say goodbye and she can't help but smile at the tender hug the young woman and demon share. Somehow as she glances at her mother and Ayame's curious faces, she knows Rin will be regretting staying as the two women, one of them despite being sick, plots to quiz her.

Watching as Mirada nuzzles her ankle now, Kikyo looks down at the red fire-cat with a tender smile.

"Ready my friend?"

Mirada mews and transforms into her full form, and along with Rahnee and Tiasma both women take their air. Miroku joins them in a few moments astride Kilala, who despite her Master's protests to stay with the wolf tribe, she wishes to honor Sango's order first and vows to bring back both Miroku and Rahnee safe and sound. On the ground, Inuyasha, Hayek, Calto and Shippo fly through the air from tree to tree as a twin pair of tornadoes run through the woods at high speeds. Their senses sifting through the scents, the twins unerringly lead the small group by air and by land through the lands of the wolf tribe.

At this time someone is watching. Having been sent by his master, who has given him one distinct order...

"Kill Kikyo..."

Standing up he shifts his power and follows the small group with a blind accuracy. As he steps into the light you can see the long green hair, and the powerfully built body. The chiseled features are like that of a dream. But something is wrapped around his eyes and that is where his power lies....

Picking up the movements as he listens for the wind, the man turns to the right as if to cut the small group off later on. Soon his time to strike will come....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~

All right this part is done.... I hope you all enjoy and do suggest names....I still haven't decided a name for this incarnation....but hopefully I will have one by the beginning of the next chapter. So anyhow do remember to review!