InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ The first of the New Incarnations of Naraku ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thank you thank you thank you! Heh if you are wondering why I am starting this off this way I shall tell you in a minute but let's get to the reviews shall I.

IYWriter Girl...- Thank you so much...that one actually suits what I had in mind. You don't know how long I was pondering that! Heh so this chapter shall be in its own way dedicated to you!

miko no tsuki...-Really? Well we shall have to see if he merits anything to deserve it

colisto ice...- Thank you

Mystic Hanyou...- I hope so to. He can be rather stubborn when it comes to matters of the heart. Poor Kikyo...her daddy is going to be rather tenacious this time around. But let's see if they can make it out of the battle that's coming up shall we?

I don't own Inuyasha but I pretty much own a host of other characters involved in this story...

The first of the new Incarnations...Shiro

The green haired man stills as he waits in the tree. His scent is masked so that the demons in the group that he waits for can not sense his presence. Waiting silently, like a rock, he is soon rewarded at the sound of voices in the air, and the rush of the wind as the twin tornadoes pass him by.

He is soon wary though as they stop all of a sudden and sniff the air. As if sending a mental message to one another the twins spread out and wait. They begin to circle and the man can't help but smiles for with his hair and masking they are having trouble seeing him. Making a silent motion with his hands he seems to meld with the tree that he is on and becomes invisible to the naked eye.

As the others catch up to them, Inuyasha recognizes the looks they have and gazes around.

"Can you smell anything?" Kino asks as Sakado looks around, silent and prepared. His instincts are in synch with his brother as they search hi and low in the trees.

"No...But I recognize that look. I have seen it once before upon your father when I was about ready to kill him."

"Yeah...Dad told us about that. He said if he hadn't retreated you probably would have killed him." Kino responds to Inuyasha's statement as Hayek and Shippo look around carefully. Meanwhile the girls are arriving with Miroku upon the fire-cats. All of them confused as their journey has stopped all of a sudden. Curious and looking down at her father, Kikyo asks what they are thinking.

"Hey why did we stop?" She yells and is startled as her father sends her a signal that she recognizes from childhood.

Pulling out her daggers as Mirada prepares, her nose sniffing out the scents as they come to her. Rahnee and Miroku look confused as Kikyo is about ready to do battle.

"What's going on?"

"That whistle Daddy did..."

"Yeah?" Rahnee asks looking confused.

"It's a warning...we are about to be Ambushhhheedddd!" Kikyo screams as all of a sudden her and Mirada are knocked towards the ground, by some invisible force. Seeing as his daughter and fire cat fall, both him and Hayek move to catch the young woman and are startled as this barrier appears and pushes them away.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Inuyasha screams and then looking to Kino and Sakado, he begins to direct. "You two see if you can sniff out a way around this barrier. I want my daughter BACK!"

The wolf twins nod their heads and twin tornadoes speed off in opposite directions. Meanwhile Shippo starts to shape shift into his regular fox form as Miroku and Rahnee search from the air for their fallen friend. Shippo fully changed starts to run through the forest as he had spotted log not far from their position which was hollow.

Finding it, his senses are picking up the magic from the barrier in and around him as his nose twitches. Deciding to take a risk, Shippo inches slower in his fox form, and approaches this barrier and is startled as he somehow goes through it. Running at breakneck speed, Shippo starts to retransform and is back into his regular form as a young man of twenty-one years old.

Running back they way he came except on the other side of this field, he soon approaches Hayek and Inuyasha's location.

"Shippo how?" Inuyasha exclaims.

"Shape shifting...don't know explain later... Have the twins come back yet?"

"No" Hayek replies as Inuyasha once again tries the barrier and is thrown back. The others shake their head as Inuyasha gets up and starts cussing. Meanwhile both Kino and Sakado return as Shippo takes off to go and track down Kikyo.

"Have you guys found anything?"

The wolf twins shake their head. "We went all the way around..."Sakado starts to say.

"But we ended meeting without finding a way through." Kino finishes and looks up. Growling at their answers Inuyasha begins to pace when Rahnee and Miroku fly down beside them. Rahnee remains on Tiasma as Miroku slides off Kilala.

"Inuyasha, take Kilala and go at it from the air with Rahnee. Between you two and Shippo you should be able to find her."

"Thanks Miroku!" Inuyasha replies as he jumps onto Kilala's back. The cat roars and once again takes to the air. But this time as they rejoin Rahnee and Tiasma. The begin to search for a way in and realize as they get closer to the trees that the leaves of the canopy are brushing against the fire-cats paws.

Looking at one another and nodding their head. Tiasma takes the lead as both her and Kilala start to dive into the tree tops. Both Rahnee and Inuyasha are hunched close to their fur. The cats finally see the ground and land safely.

Shippo smiles and then looks serious as Inuyasha turns on him.

"Found her yet?"

"No..."

"Let's split up." Inuyasha orders,"Rahnee, you and Tiasma go north. Shippo and I will head South, we have to find Kikyo. Kilala, you stay here but out of sight. Just in case Kikyo happens to come by, you know what to do. "

The fire cat nods and shifts into her kitten form. Jumping high into the tree the cat remains hidden as her counterparts disappear.

Meanwhile about a