InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ A Prophecy and a Past Part 1 ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It's me again. Some of you are PEEVED at me. You want to know how...what...why? That Hayek is Midoriko's son. Well my brother and I watch Inuyasha religiously of course and something he said clicked....what would make Midoriko go into a cave filled with countless demons...unless they had something or someone...she cared about? Anyway this will be his story....for a couple of chapters

silentmoonlightstar...-Yes MA'AM!....smiles

Inuyasha 19912...-No Kikyo is Kikyo...Midoriko was Hayek's mother and as to his father I shall tell you in this chapter...

Mystic Hanyou...-Coming right up and you are most welcome...

I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters....THEY ARE ALL MINE!

A Prophecy and a Past Part 1

"Midoriko...was your mother?" Inuyasha and Shippo cry out in disbelief.

"But that's not possible. She was human and you are a full demon. You should be a hanyou like Inuyasha." Shippo looks at his best friend in disbelief.

"I was...but that's another story..."

"Well speak then...it appears we shall have plenty of time..." Inuyasha growls and Kikyo looks sharply at her father, who glares at her as if to defy him. The others gather around the young man as Hayek starts to speak.

"I guess you could all say that it started with a prophecy some made long before even my mother was born...."

A Spirit of Light shall awaken and fight the hordes of darkness. She shall have a son by one who treads the line between both. He shall be the bearer of both a Demon's powers and those of the Light. Shunned by those who know him and seek his death, he shall hide for countless ages.

One who is the Spirit of the Dark ages will not be born but created anew time and time again. Born to the demons he will have the power to destroy the souls of all who cross his path time and time again. He seeks nothing but the destruction of all that is good.

They shall fight over one who is a Spirit of Light and Hope. She is born to one who once walked both sides of life and to one who is hope eternal. She will be the key factor for without her the light can not win and with her the dark can not hope to survive.

"That's what we saw in those paintings" The twins piped up as Calto and the others listen silently.

Hayek smiles and looks to Kikyo who is confused. Wanting to ask something, she looks up at his green eyes and watches gently as he shakes his head.

"Ask me later...let me tell you...all of you how my parents met."

1000 years ago....

Midoriko was singing a soft tune by the river as she began to clean herself up. She had just returned from a village that needed her help with an eagle demon that was lifting and devouring their children.

Her powers were in high demand for somehow those were different from most of the other mikos in Japan. Unlike her fellow priestesses, Midoriko could literally purify a demon into non existence should she chose to and her healing abilities are unequaled anywhere else. Gently filling the cold water into the bucket and pouring it upon her body, she can't help but shiver from the cold. That's when she hears the moans of pain.

"Help...me..."

Her senses tingling as he speaks, Midoriko goes on alert for the voice is that f a demon. But yet her heart gets the better of her, ready to fight should she need to Midoriko follows her senses into the forest. Her dark hair and green eyes flashing with wariness as she takes in her surroundings Midoriko allows her aura to glow a bright gold.

"Where are you?"

"Please...help me..."

Midoriko continues forward into the forest the pain is radiating off this person in waves and her heart can't help but go out to them. But she must remain alert as she goes in. Still this could be a trap to draw her in and destroy her. Approaching what seems to be a clearing Midoriko is stunned as she sees a man with dark gold hair and dark eyes. Looking at his features and finding he is a demon, she is about to turn for he is already starting to heal. But in front of her very eyes, he collapses in agony as somehow wounds that heal reappear moments later.

"What happened?" Midoriko approaches the demon as she lessens her powers to some degree and moves to help him.

"Curse...always to be in pain..."

"Why...why come here?" Midoriko bends down to turn him over onto his back. He winces at the sudden movement and as his hand takes her arm, she winces as he digs in. A scream erupting from his mouth, Midoriko, starts a silent chant to lessen his pain to some degree.

"Thank you...I...I...I came because it was to much....would rather be dead....than suffer like this..."

Midoriko can't help but feel pity and she starts to chant softly once more. Placing her hands above his heart, the demon cries out in agony as a new kind of pain starts to lift from him. It's like something is literally being torn from his body, opening his dark eyes the man sees as something black, take shape above him. It is whirling and writing as if trying to get back inside.

Realizing as the pain has gone and leaves only a dull ache in his body. He begins to back up slowly as the young woman seems to be straining to keep it together and he can't help but stare as she glows a soft iridescent gold that becomes brighter and brighter with each moment. Finally that black shape bursts into a flaming white light and disperses into the air.

Relieved as whatever it was; was destroyed he then watches as she starts turning her dark eyes upon him, he can't help but be amazed by her beauty.

"You...are safe now..."

She begins to waver and leaping forward he catches her in his arms. Lifting her up and sensing the way to go he walks slowly and free of the pain that once enshrouded his body. Approaching the river he sees her clothes and supplies scattered around a small campsite. Placing her upon what seems to be some well taken care of furs, he sits and waits.

Three hours later, Midoriko starts to come to and opens her dark green eyes, to the open air of the sunlight. Sitting up, she winces slightly, as she seems to have stiffened up some of her muscles. Stretching out, she jumps as a husky masculine voice speaks.

"Hello..."

Whirling around Midoriko looks at the man who seems to be about six years older then her. But because he is a demon, it could be six hundred years later for all she knows. Looking up her dark eyes flashing with wariness, he smiles gently and she can't help but be warmed.

"Do not be afraid Lady Midoriko...I thank you..."

"Why were you cursed...?"

"Gabriel...and why was I cursed...I do not remember...."

"How long did you have to suffer?" Including today?"

Midoriko nods her head and as he looks thoughtful for a moment, he turns and shocks her with his next few words. "Years..."

"Years?"

Nodding his head slowly, still not used to the pain free movement, having lived with it for so long he continues.

"I do not remember a time without it. I owe you my life..." He smiles gently and presses a flower that seemingly comes out of nowhere into her hand. She smiles softly and responds.

"You do not owe me anything Gabriel...I am glad that you are free."

Midoriko and Gabriel smile at one another and she can't help but respond to his warmth and kindness over time. Eventually they fell in love and were married two years later. She was 23 and he...was still unknown. Wherever she went, to save those of men and demon alike, he came and supported her with his quiet strength and demonic gifts. It seems Gabriel was a different kind of demon. Almost angelic, he was a demon of dreams. To all who see him, he could be their friend, loved one or night mare, should he choose to fight.

Together him and Midoriko made a powerful team that could take on anything. About ten months after they were married, Midoriko smiled as she approached him from behind and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Gabriel...I have to tell you something..." She murmured in his ear. Softly placing a kiss upon it, she can't help but giggle as he turns on her with a huge smile.

"What?"

"You're going to be a father...."

Hearing her words and waiting a few moments as it all sinks in, Gabriel starts to yell in joy, as he twirls the miko around in his arms. Placing a deep kiss upon her lips, he looks deep into her beautiful forest eyes and whispers....

"I love you..."

"I know"

Gabriel decides to start right away on an addition to the small house that he shares with her. Not knowing as he does so, that he will never live to see it built or his son born....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~

I know I will get reamed by some of you for stopping here...sooooo....Jumps into an armored Tank and prepares for battle....I will continue sometime tomorrow don't forget to REVIEW!