InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ A Prophecy and a Past Part 2 ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I knew it! I knew I was going to get reamed. Heh...happy that she is nice and safe in her titanium and diamond plated tank....Anyway on to the story yes?

Mystic Hanyou...-Hears the Ka-Boom and tank shakes a little but remains intact. Wooo HOO! I safe......See I told you tomorrow...or today...you know what I mean!

Inuyasha 19912...-You are not a moron; I may have just been too cryptic in earlier chapters. It could be me as well okay? As to his father...well this chapter will explain...

Anyway I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters...and you CAN'T have them!!!!

A Prophecy and a past Part 2

Gabriel is at work, building a wall for the addition to his home. These last two years have been some kind of miracle for him and the woman he loves with all his heart. Midoriko is out right now at the neighboring village tending to a child who has caught a flu or similar disease. She was rather reluctant to go, but he insisted as she had been a bit antsy lately because she was about five months pregnant and he was not exactly letting her do much.

He remembers fondly last night, just sitting there in front of her. His ear pressed to her belly, listening to the baby's heart beat. Her hand running through his hair, he smiles in complete pleasure as his dark eyes gaze into hers.

"Happy?" She smiles softly.

"Extremely...you have made my life complete Midoriko, I love you." He replies as he places a soft kiss to her lips. His hand resting on her belly, he is surprised when it all of a sudden flies off.

"The baby KICKED?!"

"Midoriko chuckles at her husband's astonishment. Placing his head there upon her belly once again, he is stunned as the baby inside her womb kicks him again.

"Your son is strong." She whispers softly.

"How do you know it's a boy?"

"I'm his mother Gabriel...I just do"

He smiles softly and teasingly. "And if you are wrong and it's a girl?"

"GABRIEL!" Midoriko flushes, a red blush to her cheeks. "I am never wrong!"

He chuckles softly at her little indignant outburst. Lifting her up into his arms, he heads towards their room with a purpose in mind.

"What are you doing?"

"I have a mind to make love to my wife...."

"But...."

"Shush Midoriko..." He smiles and as they enter, he kicks their door closed and soon pregnant or not Midoriko is crying out sounds of pleasure as Gabriel makes gentle and passionate love to her body.

When they woke up that morning, Midoriko was curled up against him seeking his warmth. Spooning his body around hers he smells the soft happiness of her scent, and as the baby kicks, he watches as her deep green eyes start to open in drowsiness.

"Good Morning..."

Midoriko smiles as she looks into his handsome features. Looking at him as if memorizing every feature and every nook and cranny of his face, she places a soft kiss on his lips.

"I love you...."

About to respond, a knock on the door is heard and despite his protests, she answers.

"Who is it?"

"Lady Priestess, it is I Akira. The village elder sent me to request your aid. It seems one of the children has fallen sick."

"I will be there in a little bit then."

Gabriel growls in displeasure, but as his wife looks to him, her eyes shining with regret and adoration for him. He can't seem to stay mad.

"Forgive me Gabriel, but I can not ignore a cry for help..."

"I know..."

"I promise I will be quick..."

He chuckles as he expertly turns her over and onto her back. Placing a claiming and hungry kiss upon her lips, for which she responds to. A slight whimper of protest escapes as he breaks away, allowing her to rise.

"To hold me over until you get back...." He whispers to her sexily and she can't help but hurry and get dressed as fast as she can, so that she can come home even sooner.

She had left a little over two hours ago and he had resumed working on the small addition to their home. He is unaware as he is lost in thought, that someone is watching him and his wife closely from the woods.

This person has been watching them for quite sometime and is angry at the demon for not only joining with the enemy, but mating with her as well. Gesturing to his comrades who are in like minds such as himself, he prepares to attack him, when Gabriel all of a sudden vanishes before his eyes.

"Where did he go?"

The demon looks around and growls in anger and hatred. Coming out of the woods, with his fellow comrades, he is shocked as Gabriel stands there as if waiting for them.

"What brings all of you here?" Gabriel asks his voice deadly as the sword, his wife infused the blade with her power and so it pulses in a bright gold light.

"Why do you choose to consort with that Miko...she destroys us!"

"Why? I choose to...for love"

Enraged by Gabriel's answer, the demons begin to swarm. Although outnumbered by so many, he swings his sword and as it slices through the first wave, the demons scream as they are purified into oblivion.

Surrounding him on all sides, the demons continue to fight with him. Seeking his death, they scratch, bite, and claw to no avail. But as they continue to fight, they cause Gabriel to be unaware as a voice calls to him.

"Gabriel...."

Hearing the voice of a woman, some of the demons turn around and are shocked as Midoriko has returned. Gazing at the battle outside her home, Midoriko starts to glow with a gold light and withdraws her bow and arrows.

The demons hiss in anger and rage at the woman who has caused the death of so many. Knowing her power is strong, they seek to weaken it by any means possible and therefore an idea comes to one of them.

"We have killed your husband...the demon who mated with you..." It hisses at her. Hiding the fact that Gabriel is in the center and fighting those surrounding him, she cocks her arrow and fires. The holy light surrounding the arrow expands and the demons grimace in pain and agony. Seeking to escape, they begin to flee the pain of her purification arrows. As they do so, the arrow flies through and continuously expands it range it pulses with holy light of Midoriko's power. Feeling as the light begins to touch him, Gabriel screams in agony and Midoriko pales as she recognizes that cry.

"Gabriel..."

Forgetting all else, she runs after the fleeing demons as her husband is revealed to her sight.

"What have I done....?"

Approaching her husband, whose body is starting to turn to ashes slowly and painfully. She tries desperately to stop it from happening. Her tears falling from her green eyes, Gabriel places a hand upon her cheek and caresses it softly.

"Midoriko...don't cry."

"Gabriel please...don't leave me...I am sorry...they told me they had killed you...if I had known I would have....." Her tears are saying it all as she clutches his hand within hers, his cries of pain echoing deep inside her heart.

"I know...I am not mad...." He whispers softly as his once golden hair starts to turn gray and dusty. "I did not want to tell you....I knew this time would come....Saw it in a dream last night...."

"Gabriel...no please....No......"

"I love you Midoriko...."

Pressing her lips to his crying, her tears falling from her forest green eyes, he becomes dust in her arms having been purified from her arrow.

"Gabriel....I love you to"

Rocking back and forth repeatedly on the ground, she mourns for the loss of the dream demon, who she loved with all her heart and soul.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~

I can't write anymore, I am to busy crying right now...I hate it when I get emotionally attached to a character even if only for a short time. Anyway I hope you all review and Part 3 will be a few years later and Midoriko will be on her way to the cave and the creation of the Shikon Jewel. Don't forget to review!